The Bodyguard

By FairySalvatore

When a rebellious daughter raised in a gangsters family run away from home, she is transported back in time t... More

| intro |
| chapter -1 |
| chapter - 2 |
| chapter - 3 |
| chapter - 4 |
| chapter - 5 |
| chapter - 6 |
| chapter - 7 |
| chapter - 8 |
| chapter - 9 |
| chapter - 10 |
| chapter - 11 |
| chapter - 12 |
| chapter - 13 |
| chapter - 14 |
| chapter -15 |
| chapter - 16 |
| chapter - 17 |
| chapter - 18 |
| chapter - 19 |
| chapter - 21 |
| chapter - 22 |
| chapter - 23 |
| chapter - 24 |
Request
| chapter - 25 |
| chapter - 26 |
| chapter - 27 |
| chapter - 28 |
| outro |

| chapter - 20 |

14.5K 885 58
By FairySalvatore

Being a gangster's daughter I had connections and with Hecate (Mel, I will always call her that) with it was easier to extract information. And as much as Hecate was manipulative and dangerous she seemed to be eager to help me.

My dad didn't use the power of little magic persuasion to get the location where Matthew was selling young girls. While I reached out the guys I trained with punched and sent to emergency rooms. Mel extracted information from them and left them with no memory of it thus creating no prior alerts.

"You are supposed to keep him safe and not drag him into such mess." She looked worried at the fact that Elias was going.

Such a motherly instinct to have even though she was not the mother.

"You know he remains safe as long as I am with him."

"That I know." And she sighed as if my presence in Elias' life brought her some kind of peace.

"Is there something you want to tell me, Mel?" I asked feeling weird with her trust in me when she herself could have protected her son well enough.

"Be with him." She said with a fervour in her eyes.

"Is there a fucked up prophecy or something that he will die without my presence?" I snapped at her.

She just shook her head in a tired no.

"Then what Mel?" I screamed this time to get an answer.

"You are his life string in this time. He might have lived in past but he had many enemies and protected him but in this time you are his anchor. His soul fades without you. Messing with soul magic is tricky." She confided and I felt angry.

Angry, not because she made me anchor but because Elias life was anchored to mine and I was crazy impulsive. How could he put Elias' in the care of a careless person?

"How did you even know that he will like me enough t o keep me close?"

"Because my son who died at this time had a crush on you." She said with a sad smile.

So she hoped that Prince from other time will like me as well. I kind of found all this flattering.

I covered my face once again ready to play the bodyguard.

"He might hate me for lying to him all along."

***

It turned out Matthew was using my father's old dock for his human trafficking.

It was smart since even if he was caught, he could drag few of our men with him. There were huge containers on the dock which worked well to our advantage as we were hiding behind them. Prince worked excellently in stealth mode as we tip-toed behind the containers.

There were a dozen men with guns and God knows what else. After waiting for almost fifteen minutes a car came by and from the car two men dragged girls out. A few minutes later more cars followed and more girls came in. Most of them were drugged and in torn dirty clothes while some were still trying to struggle out of the reach of these vile men.

I saw Elias' clench his fist in anger as he saw the scenario. When I was sure that the final car has arrived I nodded at Elias to play the role of the leader they thought that he was. He already knew how Matthew called him the son and I explained to him that he resembled Matthew's son.

He walked out in an authoritative manner which was not difficult for Prince and everyone froze for a moment. The one who died might have been scary since more than twenty men with gun looked afraid.

"Do I have to crash my own party?" Elias repeated the dialogues I taught him that mind sound arrogant and a bit villainous

"Sorry, sir." One of them mumbled.

I heard that they were a little wary of the back from the dead boss' son and I played it to my advantage. The only reason I brought Elias here.

"We were just waiting for the client boats to arrive and send these girls off." Someone else said.

"Good. But for now, I have heard there is a traitor among us." Elias lied with perfection.

Everyone stiffened at this words and I grinned at his acting skills.

"So how about we put our weapons away and get ready for some checking." The threat in his voice was believable.

He might not believe in himself but he was born to be a king.

Slowly, all the gathered men started putting weapons away. As soon as the last one kept his weapon down I ceased the opportunity and attacked. I walked out from the hiding and attacked. Since I owned a gun I shot down most of them before the element of surprise vanished. But some ran in different directions.

I nodded at Elias to free the girls while I take care of the rest.

But now I realised the disadvantages of the containers around since they were using it for hiding. I stood guarding Elias alert for any kind of attack as he freed the girls. I asked the girls to sit in the car so that we can drive them away from this area.

It was painful to watch them freak out and cringe at little movements. As soon as all the girls were in the car and Elias was also inside I sat down on the driver's seat and sped away from the banging sound of the fired bullets.

***

We dropped off the girls in front of police station and left asking them not to mention us. I felt the adrenaline rush through me on my victory.

"This was really good," Elias said with a big smile on his face.

His face glowed with satisfaction. He might be feeling the same sense of satisfaction I was feeling now.

"When we get back, we should go on more of these secret missions. " He said in an excited tone making me realise that he was still out of his time and his life was attached to mine.

Like the words just jinxed it, we were suddenly surrounded by some cars. I had to slam the brakes to avoid hitting the one blocking our path now. Fear started building in my gut, fear for Elias' life. The car doors opened and no man stepped out. Instead, they were more like purple glowing smoke in shape of a human.

Other creature conjured by magic. I jumped out of the car and waited for Elias to do the same so that we can run. But I stopped in my path and saw him in a deep frown with his eyes closed and silver light protruding from his hands. He was doing magic. For a moment my panic was replaced with awe as he projected the light as a weapon and hit advancing purple smog thing.

It was here to kill Elias again as it did not focus on me.

"What should I do?" I yelled feeling helpless all of a sudden.

"What you usually do." He yelled back.

I thought for a moment, "Check inside the car." Elias called out still defending himself.

And I found magic bullets next to my guns. The silver bullets were just created by Elias making me wonder as to how advance was he in magic?I loaded my gun and fired quickly killing many of them.

While I and Elias were busy fighting we didn't see another shadow looming over us. I didn't realise the danger we were in, I didn't think about Mel's evil husband and how powerful was he to have tortured Hecate herself.

But by the time I did notice a huge purple shadow close to us with a sword aimed at Elias, I came to a sudden decision. Right then I didn't care about my life, all I cared about was to protect Elias and I jumped in front shielding him as the sword hit my abdomen.

And the pain was fucking real. My eyes went blurry and lights danced in front of my eyes. Elias saw me falling and the purple smog vanished. They were not here for Elias, directly. They were here to severe his anchor, me.

The light was fading from my eyes but I kept it open because I was scared that if I died he will be gone too. I wanted to see him as the next king.

"Arthur, talk to me." He yelled desperately cradling my body in his arms.

If I die, at least he should know. He should know that a girl was his bodyguard. But before I had the energy to lift off the mask my might went blank with all the pain and I succumbed to the darkness.

____________________________________________

Cliffhanger!!!

Guesses what will happen now?

*hint* don't kill me yet ;)

And do vote and share the story

Those who haven't, please check out IDOL SITUATION. I promise it is not boring!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 5K 54
A bodyguard willing to throw away everything for their client, a client who's willing to keep hold of everything for their bodyguard. To survive in...
1.3M 32.6K 55
"Go, I don't want to make you hate me for what I did." he says softly as a tear of drop dipped from his eyes. "What are you talking about?" I approac...
567K 4K 47
Aimee's life takes a frightening turn when she starts seeing ghosts. Born as a powerful vampire-faerie hybrid and switched at birth with a human chil...
15.5M 658K 76
He needs a wife. She needs the money. The playboy prince needs a respectable girl to play his doting fiance for the weekend. If he doesn't convince h...