The Divine Empress

By kirariidol

It was her dream to be able to join Fairy Tail, the strongest guild in all of Fiore. But now, was she really... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Author's Note

Chapter 27

17K 491 378
By kirariidol

"Time to wake up!" Lucy called from the kitchen.

Lucy and Nagi were the first ones to wake up and after taking a bath, they went to the self-designed kitchen. Nagi sat at the wooden table on a stool, swinging his legs back and forth as the smell of fresh hotcakes, sunny-side up egg, and bacon wafted in the air. Lucy took ten plates out from the cabinet and settled them down on the table.

"Mama, is it ready?" Nagi asked with anticipation.

"It's all ready," Lucy smiled.

"Yay!" Nagi yelled, throwing his hands in the air. "Hotcake, hotcake~"

As Lucy finished serving the plates, Wendy walked in, leaning against the wall as she did so.

"That smells really nice, Lucy-san," Wendy said with a smile.

"It really does," Carla added, sniffing the air. "The taste is probably on par with it's smell and looks, too."

"Come sit," Lucy said motioning towards the empty chairs. "Don't overdo yourself if your body is still aching from yesterday. Okay, Wendy?"

"I'm fine, Lucy-san. Just a little pain here and there," Wendy said, relieving Lucy of her worry. "Besides, after waking up, I feel like I know so much more now. And my body kind of feels airy and light."

Lucy smiled. "It's good to know that it's working then," Lucy said as she cut up Nagi's hotcakes into bite-sized pieces. "The feeling of airiness that you're feeling shows that your magic has increased its limit. You're capable of using magic that requires more spiritual energy on your own free will."

"Is that so?" Wendy said excitedly.

Lucy nodded with a smile as she began eating her plate.

"Ah~ I'm so hungry," a voice said as the grumbling of a stomach could be heard. "Is that hotcake?"

"Sting," Lucy said, turning to him, while Wendy covered her eyes and looked the other way. "Before coming down here half-naked, I suggest you go put on some clothes."

"Too lazy to do that," Sting said as he took a seat and dug into his breakfast.

"Sting-san, are you fine?" Wendy asked after gaining her composure.

"Totally! My joints just hurt a bit now and then," Sting replied with a grin. "How about you?"

"Same," Wendy replied.

"But still," Carla said, finishing her breakfast. "It's surprising to see that the others are still asleep. It's almost afternoon."

"Well, you can't really blame them. Lost magic and ancient spells are a heavy burden. Being able to wake up and come down is enough to show that you're competent enough to acquire this knowledge," Lucy said.

Sting and Wendy looked at Lucy and then at one another, breaking out into a delighted smile.

"Mama, one more plate!" Nagi said, holding up his plate showing that he was done.

"Coming right up, Nagi," Lucy said, patting her son's head.

Just as she settled the plate, Rogue, Orga, and Rufus came walking in...no...more like staggering in. Happy and Lily flew behind them, yawning.

"Morning, Lucy~" Happy said as he took a seat next to Lucy.

"Good morning, Happy," Lucy smiled. "How are you guys holding up?"

"Not so well," Orga replied gruffly. "My body is sore all over."

"My head hurts," Rufus said, holding a hand to his forehead.

"I'm just hungry..." Rogue said, staggering towards Sting. They all took a seat and began wolfing down their food like they haven't eaten for days or weeks. After everyone finished their meal and Lucy washed the plates and utensils with the help of Wendy, they all gathered in the living room.

"So what's the plan?" Sting asked. "Are you going to personally train all of us at once?"

Lucy shook her head. "I'm not going to be the one teaching you guys. All I did was give you the knowledge I possess on your respective magic. The one who'll be teaching you are those that are experts at your magic."

"Experts?" they all asked.

Lucy smiled. "Why don't we go outside first. Today marks the first day of training."

They all obediently followed Lucy out the door and onto the flat green land before them. Once they had exited, the house behind them vanished into thin air. Nagi smiled, knowing what his mother was planning to do.

"Let's organize this. Rogue, Sting, and Wendy all possess dragon slayer magic. Orga possesses lost magic. Rufus possesses the ancient spell 'memory-make'. Correct?"

They all nodded.

"I'm going to be giving you mentors based on that. Rufus, you'll be taught by me. Orga, Wendy, Sting, Rogue. You guys will be trained by my friends."

"Friends?" the four repeated. Lucy nodded.

"Stand back if you will," Lucy asked them. 

They all stood back at a safe distance. Suddenly, a huge gust of wind appeared out of nowhere, encircling around Lucy's feet. A magic circle appeared from her feet. Her long golden hair flowed and her eyes were now the bright golden color that they had seen back then during the fight with the dark guilds. They looked on in shock as Lucy held out her hand and began to murmur. She started radiating and their surroundings changed to that of the universe.

I command thou to appear before thy master, Lucy Heartfilia
Transcend across time and space
Unto this dimension
The ancient connection between us remains unbroken
Dragons of Light, Shadow, and Sky,
Show yourselves...
Weisslogia, Skiadrum, Grandeeney!

Sting, Rogue, and Wendy widened their eyes in shock as the air around them grew agitated. Magic circles appeared and a bright light shone, causing everyone except Lucy to look away. Once it disappeared, standing before them were the three dragons that Lucy had summoned. 

"Weisslogia..."

"Skiadrum..."

"Grandeeney..." 

"It's been a long time, children," Grandeeney first spoke up. "We were wondering when our princess was going to summon us." 

Upon seeing the dragons that had raised them, they couldn't help but choke up. "G-Grandeeney!" Wendy cried, running up to Grandeeney and hugging her. 

"Wendy, my dear child. I missed you so much," Grandeeney said with tears in her eyes as she nudged Wendy's face. 

"I really missed you, Grandeeney!" 

As Wendy and Grandeeney were having their renuion, Carla stood by their side with a heart-warming look. On the other hand, Sting and Rogue just continued to stare at their dragons, dumb-founded. 

"Weisslogia...how?" Sting finally uttered. "I remember killing you..." 

"Me, too," Rogue said with narrowed eyes. 

"What happened that day was merely an illusion that we instilled in the memories of you two. In simpler terms, we tampered with your memories of us," Weisslogia replied.

"But why?" Rogue asked. 

"Well..." Skiadrum began to hesitantly say, looking at Weisslogia. "We had some business to take care of up above. Besides, we can't stay by your side forever. Sorry about that." 

"Do you know how much grief and worry you caused us?!" Sting and Rogue yelled at the same time after hearing their half-assed explanation. "What kind of lame excuse is that?!" 

"Now, now, calm down," Grandeeney said, coming up to them. "It's better if we let Lucy-sama explain it." 

They all turned to look at Lucy who was busy teaching Rufus and Orga some magic while at the same time, playing with Nagi. Lucy sweated and stood up, clearing her throat before she began to speak. 

"You guys probably don't remember it but you three were born in a different time period than the time period you're living in right now," Lucy began to say.

"What do you mean by that?" Rogue asked. 

"You three were sent here from 400 years ago through the Eclipse Gate. At that time, Acnologia was causing trouble in that time period and in order to protect you young dragon slayers, Anna and I opened the Eclipse Gate. Honestly, we thought it would be a great threat to the world at that time but what actually happened was just that Igneel and Acnologia got into a fight over leftover pudding," Lucy said the last part with exasperation. 

Wendy, Sting, Rogue, Rufus, Orga, Nagi, Happy, Lily, and Carla all sweated as they heard the last part. The dragons all nodded their heads showing their agreement. 

"Just because of a pudding we got separated from them?!" Sting yelled. "Are you fucking kidding me?!" 

"Sorry to say but we're not," Skiadrum replied. "It was a really stupid fight." 

"That is really stupid," Rogue murmured. 

"Right?" Skiadrum said. 

The two nodded in unison. 

"Well, let's get back to the topic at hand. We can't just stand idly and let this precious time pass by," Lucy said, clapping her hands. 

"Mama, wouldn't it be easier to train in their dimension? The time flow is different so if we train there, we'll get more time," Nagi said. 

"I want to play fair and square against the guilds in the Games. After all, if we got more time, what's the fun in it if we defeat them all easily in the end?" Lucy replied.

Nagi looked at Lucy in surprise but soon grinned upon hearing her fair decision. "Okay!" 

"Grandeeney, Weisslogia, Skiadrum. Well you train them for the next three months?" Lucy asked. 

"Why would we ever refuse?" Weisslogia said. "It's training our kids that we haven't seen in a long time. Not to mention, training them to help you is of the greatest honor." 

"This is going to be fun," Skiadrum laughed. "Though I'm not confident about raising them to the same level as Nagi over there. That kid's a genius!" 

Nagi grinned proudly as he heard the compliment. 

"Do not worry, Lucy-sama. We'll take good care of them," Grandeeney said. All of a sudden, Grandeeney's body began to glow and her dragon form molded into a human. "Now this is better." 

Everyone stood their stupefied except Lucy and Nagi. 

"Having hands and finger is useful in its own way when it comes to teaching," Grandeeney smiled. Wendy looked on in shock as she watched her loving dragon change to that of a human woman. Her hair was a silky white color that reached towards her thigh and her eyes were a deep clear blue. She wore a long white strapless dress with a sweetheart neckline. On the side of her shoulders were transparent sleeves that hung loosely. 

"Well then, we'll be leaving," Weisslogia said, coughing his throat as he grabbed Sting in his hand while Skiadrum grabbed Rogue in his. Grandeeney took Wendy by the hand. Each of them flew in different directions and soon, they couldn't be seen anymore. 

"So...what now?" Orga spoke up. 

"I'm going to summon one of my friends," Lucy replied, grinning as she looked up towards the sky and started yelling.

"Raijin! Come down here! I need your help!" Lucy yelled, her voice echoing. 

"Did she go crazy?" Orga whispered to Rufus.

"I don't know. Why are you asking me?" Rufus whispered back.

"Mama didn't go crazy," Nagi said, coming between the two of them. The two gulped and shook nervously. "She's calling down Raijin, the god of lightening."

"The god of lightening?" Orga repeated. 

"Here he comes," Nagi said, paying no attention to him. 

As Orga looked back at Lucy, a loud clap of thunder sounded in the sky and a high bolt of electricity came crashing down. Standing there was a man with wild long blonde hair with a black and yellow ancient battle armor on. His eyes were golden but not as golden as Lucy's. But more importantly, lightening crackled around him. 

"It's been a long time, Lucy," he said. "Never expected you to call me down." 

"I needed to ask you a favor," Lucy replied, giving him a hug. 

"Ask away. You and I are buddies after all. I still need to repay you for that time you helped me out at the heavenly palace," Raijin laughed. 

"I still remember that. I couldn't believe that you caused all that ruckus," Lucy laughed along. 

"So what's the favor?" Raijin said, getting back on topic. 

"I need you to train him," Lucy said, pointing at Orga. "He's a lightening god slayer." 

Raijin whistled and looked at Orga up and down. "It's my second time seeing one. God slayers are rare these days after all." 

"Are you willing to? I need you to train him for three months," Lucy said seriously. 

"I'll accept. How could I ever refuse you?" Raijin smirked. 

Lucy sighed but smiled. "Thanks." 

"No problem, Lucy!" he replied. "Come on, kiddo. We're going somewhere fun." Raijin took ahold of Orga's hand and in a second, they disappeared in a flash. 

"Well, that leaves you and me, Rufus," Lucy said smiling. "Are you ready for one hell of a training from me?"

Rufus gulped. Someone help meeeeee!

Thus, the three months of training began. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.9K 1.7K 27
Never in my life have I , Lucy Heartfilia , ever been more shattered . Fairy Tail was the place I called "home" but not anymore . After what happened...
17.9K 377 25
Lucy Heartfillia starts feeling pretty neglected after the return of the supposedly dead Lisanna Strauss. Most of team Natsu doesn't talk to her anym...
Trust By eff_off

Fanfiction

52.6K 1.8K 39
Fairy Tail betrayed her. She knew that she was weak, she knew that she was useless, but she always tried harder, she always did better than before a...
4.4K 72 22
They are getting married. It wasn't really a surprise to anyone. Everyone knew they liked each other. Natsu always clung to her, hung out with her. H...