The Mafia Boy

By drxnkenpastels_x

Rachel James, a 17-year-old junior in high school, and Kaiden Grey, an 18-year-old senior, have never spoken... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19 (Tuesday)
Chapter 20 (Wednesday)
Chapter 21 (Wednesday Part II)
PLEASE READ
Chapter 22 (Wednesday Part III)
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Question?
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 18

14.6K 264 14
By drxnkenpastels_x

Kaiden's POV:
"Alright but we have to pull through this," Anthony shouted at Francis.

"We will god damn it," Francis shouted back, "but we can't be too trusting. Don't tell me how to run my business."

"Maybe if you knew what the hell you were doing I wouldn't have to."

I stood up from the chair I was currently sitting in and walked over to the bar. The bartender that was usually here took the day off so I had to pour myself a drink.

I poured one for Anthony to grab once he was done screaming at Francis.

"Kaiden," Tag called me over, "come here for a second."

I grabbed my drink before walking over to where Tag and Richard stood.

"We need to know the date of the wedding," Richard suggested as he grabbed a napkin and pen.

"The date? Already?" I drank a bit of my beer.

"Well how the hell do you expect an attack if we don't even know when you two are getting married," Tag took a seat.

"I just proposed to the damn girl how the hell do you expect us to have this set already," I put my drink on the nearest table.

"Francis isn't going to like this," Richard raised an eyebrow to Tag.

"No he's definitely not," Tag crossed his arms.

"If he has a problem with it he can take it up with me personally," I imitated Tag's actions.

Richard shrugged me off before walking away.

"I fucking hate this place," I mumbled to myself.

"Same here man," Anthony commented from behind.

He grabbed the drink I had left him on the counter and chugged it down.

"You have a fucking drinking problem dude," I commented.

"Can you blame me after dealing with all this shit Francis puts me through?"

"Last time I checked I was the one who was being forced to marry Vincent's fucking daughter."

Anthony's expression changed as he realized my point.

"Fair enough."

He checked the time on his wrist watch and stood up from the bar stool.

"I got to go pick up Em from Sam's apartment."

I nodded my head at him as he left the safe house. As I pulled my phone out to check the time, I felt it vibrate.

*when's the next time you're free?*

Rachel's text lit up bright.

*Now's good for me*

Before I could even press send, my phone began to ring, Rachel's name in bold letters on my screen.

"Hello?"

"We need to finish this project, its due next month and we barely have anything done," Rachel's voice sounded monotone.

"Yea, we should," I spoke.

"Can you meet up now then?" Her eager-less tone pierced through the phone.

"Yea sure."

"Your house or mine?"

"I'm closer to mine right now so..."

"I'll be there in 10."

And with that Rachel hung up the phone. I walked out of the warehouse and into my car. I drove home as quickly as I could to beat her there. After about 4 minutes she showed up at my door steps.
B
"Hey."
_______________________________

"Alright let me just save this..." I stretched out, "... and there. We're done."

"So that's 7 down, 3 to go," Rachel crossed something off her notebook.

She took a seat on the floor and sat back, laying down.

"What time is it?"

I checked my phone that was laying on the dinner table.

"3:32," I replied.

We had worked all afternoon and all night long. She stood up immediately, with panic in my face.

"Oh my god really?" Rachel ran her fingers through her hair.

"Relax you can crash here tonight," I carelessly commented.

She looked a little taken back by it, her eyes slightly wide.

"T-thanks," she stuttered.

I simply nodded my head and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of tequila, something I usually drink when I'm up late at night for my own personal reasons.

"Why are you drinking?" Rachel asked from behind me.

"Because I can," I bluntly commented.

We stayed silent for a couple of seconds before she broke the silence.

"Can I have some?"

I turned around almost instantly.

"You want some?" I raised both of my eyebrows in shock.

She nodded her head. I turned around and opened the bottle. I handed it to her.

"Thanks."

I watched as she attempted her best to chug it down. She made a face of disgust when she took her lips off the bottle.

"Your first time?" I began to laugh.

She rolled her eyes playfully, "no."

"Yea, right," I commented sarcastically as I took the bottle from her hand and pressed my lips on it.

We continued to pass the bottle back and forth for a while as we walked up the stairs to the cinema room. Soon enough, the effects began to hit us.

"His head is so-" Rachel laughed, "I mean look at his-" she attempted to control her laughter but failed.

She broke down into a full laughing fit, causing me to laugh as well. The sound of my phone ringing stopped me from actually rolling on the floor.

I picked it up clumsily and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Dude are you drunk?" I faintly heard Andrew's voice.

"Nah man," I attempted to get out two simple words, "why are you calling me now?"

"Right," Andrew laughed, "anyways I need you here in the morning to get all the shit set up."

"For what," I slurred.

"For the fucking party I'm throwing you idiot."

I began to chuckle to myself, "oh right."

"Dude this was your idea, remember? Your big Tuesday blowout idea."

"Mmhmm." No I didn't.

The rest of the conversation was hazy to me. In fact, the rest of the night was.
_______________________________

"Kaiden!" I heard a muffled shouting from a distance.

"Why are you shouting," I groaned, never opening my eyes.

A hand on my shoulder began to shake me. I groaned one more before opening my eyes.

"What?" I came face to face with Rachel.

Rachel's POV:
"It's 12 already," I mentioned, "we overslept."

"Who cares," Kaiden laid down on the bean bag chair, taking back his previous spot.

"Kaiden," I groaned tossing a pillow onto his face.

"Ow!" Kaiden shouted causing me to groan.

"Quit shouting."

"Quit tossing pillows at me," Kaiden mumbled.

"Come on we have to go," I pulled his arm, "maybe we can still make it to school."

Despite the fact that my head was pounding like a drum and his was probably even worse, I couldn't risk breaking my promise to Logan more than I already have.

"Why do you care so much about going to school? You already missed most of the day," Kaiden stood up.

"You don't understand I can't have anymore absents," I let go of his arm, "can you please drive me."

"My head hurts," Kaiden complained.

"Yea well with the amount you drank it's not surprising," I laughed softly.

"How do you even remember anything that happened last night?" Kaiden placed his hand over his face.

"I remember certain things."

"Kaiden..."

"Yea?"

"Why did you ignore me today?"

"I didn't ignore you."

"After that whole kissing thing-"

"Look that was a mistake, okay? We shouldn't have done that. I was wrong and you were wrong."

"But-"

"Rachel no. I was stupid and what we did was stupid. And it's never going to happen again. I love Stephanie."

"Kaiden please," I pleaded as he began to shake his shoulder again.

"Fine," Kaiden got up and began to walk out of the cinema room.

I followed behind him straight down the stairs.

"Aren't you going to get changed?" I asked.

"Why? So you can get the satisfaction of seeing me naked?" Kaiden gave me a drunken smirk.

"Ew as if," I cringed.

He chuckled to himself as he grabbed his car keys. I grabbed my bookbag that I had brought last night and hung it over my shoulder.

"My head hurts," Kaiden groaned.

We walked to his car and drove off in the direction of our school. Once we entered the parking lot, Kaiden drove directly in front of the doors.

"Go get to class," Kaiden spoke as he unlocked the doors.

"Aren't you coming with me?" I asked.

"I actually have something to do right now, so no," Kaiden vaguely spoke.

What could he possibly have to do at noon on a Tuesday?

"Okay..." I trailed off as I got out of the car.

I walked into the building as Kaiden drove off to who knows where.

Kaiden's POV:
"I'm so sorry man I don't even remember what I said last night," I apologized to Andrew.

"It's cool man you were pretty hammered even through the phone," Andrew laughed before patting my back.

He tossed me a couple of dollars.

"Go buy the keg."

"Alright," I spoke as I picked up the couple of dollars that I dropped.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.7K 1.6K 41
"I'll keep you wild as long as you keep me safe." Madison Carter has been best friends with Andrew Taylor since they were five years old. When Andre...
618K 13.6K 67
{book two of the Gang love series} * I got pulled into an empty classroom and a pair of hands covered my eyes. "Guess who?" he whispered into my ear...
3.8K 90 70
Jade Wilson and her friends go to a normal high school and living a normal life; well except for being a part time nerd for 2-3 months of senior year...
97.8K 1.5K 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...