Invincible // Superman

Av Geekasauruz

Silvia Stone was a vigilante with only one goal in mind, to give criminals a swift and painful death. As one... Mer

Information
Chapter One: The Man Of Steel
Chapter Two: Reaper
Chapter Three: Off The Hook
Chapter Four: Mild-Mannered
Chapter Five: Journalistic Integrity
Chapter Six: Crime Fighting For Dummies
Chapter Seven: On The Record
Chapter Eight: Hot-Headed
Chapter Nine: Sonset I
Chapter Eleven: Sonset Epilogue
Chapter Twelve: Two Birds, One Stone
Chapter Thirteen: Black And Blue
Chapter Fourteen: Solar Powered
Chapter Fifteen: Welcome To The Planet
Chapter Sixteen: Frost Bite
Chapter Seventeen: Smoothies And Ice-Cream
Chapter Eighteen: Close Encounters
Chapter Nineteen: Crossfire
Chapter Twenty: Healing
Chapter Twenty-One: Overtime
Chapter Twenty-Two: Earth's Mightiest Mortal
Chapter Twenty-Three: Making Plans
Chapter Twenty-Four: Strike
Chapter Twenty-Five: Meet The Parents
Chapter Twenty-Six: Graveyard
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Mask
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Relapse
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Night Life
Chapter Thirty: Heavy Metal
Chapter Thirty-One: Love Through Strife
Chapter Thirty-Two: Solitude
Chapter Thirty-Three: Smallville
Chapter Thirty-Four: Broken Mirror
Chapter Thirty-Five: Unjust
Chapter Thirty-Six: Terminated
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Time Left Forgotten
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Echoes of the past
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Son Of Wayne
Chapter Forty: Godfall
Chapter Forty-One: The Last Stand I
Chapter Forty-Two: The Last Stand II
Chapter Forty-Three: Parallel Lives
Chapter Forty-Four: Diana of Themyscira
Chapter Forty-Five: Odd Flowers for an Odd Girl
Chapter Forty-Six: Under the Same Roof
Chapter Forty-Seven: Titans Together
Chapter Forty-Eight: I Do
Chapter Forty-Nine: Doomsday
Chapter Fifty: The Death of Superman
Chapter Fifty-One: Funeral for a Friend
Chapter Fifty-Two: Memorial
Chapter Fifty-Three: Fallen Son
Chapter Fifty-four: Reign of the Supermen
Chapter Fifty-Five: Superboy
Chapter Fifty-Six: Renegade
Chapter Fifty-Seven: Second Coming
Chapter Fifty-Eight: A World Without Hope
Chapter Fifty-Nine: Foresaken Casket
Chapter Sixty: The Man of Tomorrow
The Invincible Collage
Final note

Chapter Ten: Sonset II

9.7K 369 95
Av Geekasauruz

Author's Note: Side characters, such as Lois Lane, will be described as their comic book selves as it is technically the most accurate description. An example being Lois has orange hair in the new movies, but in the comics it is commonly black.

-----------------

Silvia's plans for the day ended at finding Clark, so she aimlessly attempted to find a place for the Daily Planet staff to lay low until everything hopefully blew over. She and the thirty something journalists, photographers and workers had recently settled inside a subway station. They were all shaken, exhausted and terrified.

One of the young men sat staring unblinkingly at the wall, clicking a button on his watch over and over again. It made Silvia want to slap him in his freckled face. Part of her was going to ask him to cut it out, but she couldn't get herself to do that.

She wanted to go... Where? She had no idea. All she knew was that Metropolis was a war zone now and leaving was probably the best thing to do. But, she also knew that they were so deep inland that it would take days to get to a bridge out of the city, if they could stay alive that long.

Her encounter with that kryptonian still echoed within her mind... "Hey."

Silvia glanced away from the floor and saw that she'd been approached by a woman with medium length black hair and a set of bright blue eyes. "Let me cut to the chase. I know who you are. I'm a journalist, after all. What you've been doing today lacks a specific amount of blood and guts compared to your usual work. So, tell me, Why are you helping us?"

Silvia, M4 rifle still gripped firmly in her hands, shook her head. "C'mon lady, give me a break."

"And why were you after Kent? Huh? What do you want with him?"

"I am this close to smacking you in the face, okay? Don't try me." Silvia stated plainly, hovering her index finger over her thumb and leaving only the slightest bit of room between them.

Lois frowned, glaring at Silvia's mask. She opened her mouth and spoke softly "Look, I thank you for helping us. These people are my family, and I don't have a problem with you leading us away from that mess. What I do have a problem with, is that this doesn't line up. You never help anyone."

"I don't care what you think. All I do is what needs to be done. You--" Silvia froze as she heard a distant howling.

Lois' grimace slowly dissipated. "What is it?" She asked, calm but concerned.

The prompt cracking and shuddering of concrete in response said it all. Lois' eyes widened then moved over to the young man with the watch. "J-Jimmy...the watch..." She whispered.

The young photographer froze, dirt stained face painted with horror.

Silvia swallowed and stood up taller. "Run down the line. I'll...I-I'll buy you as much time as I can." She called to everyone.

Lois suddenly appeared to be much more conflicted than she was before. "...I'll make sure no one forgets this."

"Go." Silvia urged. The Planet staff didn't waste any time in pushing to their feet and leaping onto the rails of the train line.

Silvia rushed up the stairs, running through what she had with her. She heard some rumour that Superman couldn't see through lead; so those lead-based smoke grenades she packed might at least give her a chance at running away...maybe. Apart from that, she had nothing. And it terrified her.

At the top of the stairs, Silvia had slung her rifle and held two smoke grenades, one in each hand. The kryptonian was there before she could even blink, walking towards her. This one was tall, bald but just as wide as the previous one. His eyes began to glow red.

"O-Oh fuck!" Silvia shouted, pulling the pins on each of her grenades and rolling them along the floor. Just as the grenades blew, a massive beam of red fire shot through the clouds, prompting Silvia to leap to the side with a roll.

Continuing to circle around the clouds, Silvia kept a close eye on it for any signs of movement. Suddenly the cloud seemed to grow smaller. The kryptonian huffed as he breathed in the entire cloud and shot it away into the sky. His dark, uncaring eyes fell onto Silvia once again. He smiled as he began to continue towards her.

She just stood there. She knew there was no running away.

Until...a gigantic impact blew  her off of her feet. Silvia was sent flying ten metres backward. She instantly sat upward and beheld the sight of a massive crater where the kryptonian once was.

As the smoke and dust cleared, she caught images of two people struggling inside the crater. A woman, broad, muscular and tall, locked the alien soldier in a fierce headlock. Her short blonde hair was frizzy and messy, and the white fabric of her suit was stained with soot and ash. Her bare powerful legs were marked with mild cuts and bruises.

This woman's eyes lit up crimson, and she bombarded the kryptonian with heat as she screamed with rage. Silvia began to realize...she was one of them, the way Superman was. She could only assume that it was Power Girl.

Another figure landed softly from the sky, facing Silvia. This woman was even larger than the other one with long dark hair and eyes just as blue as the one behind her. She was at least a head taller than Silvia, with the confidence that made Silvia think again of Superman, she was covered in powerful muscle yet moved with all the poise and grace of a woman. "To your feet, sister." She spoke unsettlingly calmly, despite the vicious battle being fought behind her.

Silvia's eyes were seized by the woman's red, gold and blue unitard...thing. It finally clicked that this was Wonder Woman, the warrior princess of the Amazons. In one hand she held a bloodied broadsword, and in the other a scarred shield. "Oh wow. Um. Big fan." Silvia  nervously chuckled as she got to her feet.

Wonder Woman's stern gaze grew slightly more annoyed-looking after Silvia's remark.

In the background, Silvia noticed that Power Girl was punched through a building by the kryptonian...who then bounded at her and Wonder Woman.

Expecting to die, Silvia was simply thrown back off her feet again as Wonder Woman spun and slammed her shield into the alien's face. As he flew away from the blow, the Amazon warrior dropped her shield and expertly caught the moving target with a glowing gold lasso.

With a fierce hold, and several tugs of the rope by wrapping it around her arm and pulling it down with a foot, the alien was sent into the Amazon's arms. One swift movement saw Wonder Woman thrust her sword into the kryptonian's heart, her face warped in a determined grimace.

She didn't let out a single grunt or yell during the entire fight...like it was too easy for her.

Wonder Woman tugged the blade from the man's chest and kicked his limp body onto the ground.

Power Girl returned, hovering over as she rubbed her head. She looked much worse for wear than Wonder Woman did. "Ugh...Diana...did you have to kill him?"

Wonder Woman's fierce eyes met hers and she instantly dropped the subject.

Silvia muttered to herself "Oh...my god. So cool."

"How quaint. The first of my men to fall...I am disappointed at how long it took." A different voice reached their ears. All three of them looked up and saw another kryptonian. This one was older and wore a neatly trimmed beard. His temples were shot with grey.

"Look closely. Your fate will be the same, General." Wonder Woman called, pointing at the corpse with her sword.

He did nothing but laugh at Wonder Woman's threat. "You should be by my side, Kara. Despite your...strange origins, you are still of my people bounded by blood and heritage, we should be your only family." The man spoke to the tall blonde girl.

Power Girl frowned and cracked her knuckles. "I'll have to pass on that. Kal was my family."

Someone else joined the party... A kryptonian was thrusted into the ground by a green glowing truck. A rather good-looking man in a matching green uniform floated in from around the corner. "Ladies." He quipped confidently as he nodded at the two. "That includes you, Zod."

As if baited by this green guy, two more kryptonians flew in from behind the concrete jungle. One was the largest man Silvia had ever seen, and the other was a short haired woman who looked like Wonder Woman could easily snap her in half. "You dare?" The woman spat.

"Easy, Ursa. Their words are nothing. Their champion is dead...and this day will be remembered as the day they fall, in his example." Zod said  for everyone to hear.

The green truck disappeared from on top of the unconscious alien, and green weapons of all sorts, chainguns, laser guns, rocket launchers, and...giant boxing gloves...began to appear around the green guy. "Hey, manners! We're right here!" He suddenly turned his head and noticed Silvia on her ass, just watching. "Oh. Uh. Hey. What can you do...?" He whispered.

"...Shoot guns...run a little faster than a normal person..?"

"Well that stinks." He muttered, then turning back to Zod to shout "You haven't won yet! Here we are, come on!"He once again turned to Silvia. "No seriously...its about to get messy. Get outta here."

There wasn't enough time for Silvia to think. She couldn't even process the speed at which everything was moving...things just started exploding. A building was leveled. More explosions tore at the ground, several beams of red fire ripped down even more structures.

"O-Oh. Fuck fuck fuck. Fuck!!" Silvia muttered to herself as she scampered to her feet and pushed herself away from the chaos as hard as she could, even harder than before. She felt her muscles straining but the incredible noise behind her did nothing to slow her down.

Someone was thrown into a tower in front of Silvia's route and it began to topple over like a house of cards. Silvia screamed as she went even faster. She was tearing a tendon, she could feel it, but she couldn't stop. She couldn't slow down.

The tower drew closer to the ground and impacted just as Silvia's head brushed by it. Its force tripped her, sending her soaring into the side of a car.

She dented the car door and shattered the window, falling to the ground. Silvia was finally out of breath. She struggled to her feet, wincing at the muscle she tore from the run.

What she saw next made her blood run cold. Zod rounded the back of the fallen tower with a laugh. It was about thirty metres away, but Zod made his booming voice clear "How pathetic." In one hand, he dragged the limp body of Kara, as he called her. "Your friends could at least fight. Humans...You're all so weak."

He dropped the body then ripped his fingers into the remains of the tower, heaved it over his head, then slowly floated to the sky. He reeled back then tossed it.

Silvia watched as the gigantic twenty metre tall barrel of this structure came roaring towards her. Trembling, she closed her eyes.There was another cacophony of shattering steel and concrete, and Silvia was certain it wiped her out...but she opened her eyes.

Standing before her, braced and with his fist pointed toward Zod, the tower split clean in two around Silvia...was him. Moving from this position, he stood tall. Silvia noted that his cape was missing, his suit was stained with burns, and his hair was ruffled more than usual. He turned his head to Silvia with a sombre and reassuring smile. "Are you okay?" He said softly.

"Y-You're back...but..." Silvia stuttered. It also occurred to her then that he'd torment her in the future.

Superman crossed his arms and turned to Zod. "Let's just say the news was...greatly exaggerated."

Zod gritted his teeth. "So. You escaped. I underestimated your intelligence."

"My father discovered the Phantom Zone, General. You certainly did." Superman replied sternly. "This ends now. Will you come quietly?"

Zod rolled his fists and growled "Have I ever?" He speared toward the two of them.

Superman turned to Silvia quickly and said "Excuse me." With a serious smile.

He met Zod in the middle of the long stretch of road with a burst of speed so great that the impact shattered every window on the row of buildings. Suddenly, it looked like they stood a chance with Superman there. For the first time, Silvia was glad to see him...for the most part.

———————————————-

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

93.9K 3.2K 52
"I love you, Dad... But having Superman as your father and living in his shadow is... hard... I can't ever live up to that..." The daughter of Super...
2.6K 88 6
The Justice League finds a stone on there conference room table. It is a wishing stone, they can all make one wish but out of the people who make a w...
33.7K 1.3K 28
Inbetween crime fighting there's life. Life for Batman and Superman even if their villains don't see that. Batman especially has been dealing with mo...
796 25 5
Evangeline Bell had been going as a hero under the name of Candour for sixteen years when she finally found people holding the same goal as her, prot...