The Nerd

By danielleward136

Hayden Smith is just a girl who wants good grades and keeps herself to herself whilst all the rest of the sch... More

Long Awaited Update
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 (Part 1)
Chapter 12 (Part 2)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 10

67K 1.2K 113
By danielleward136

Hi Guys

As promised I would post the next chapter if I got 800 reads altogether before Friday and here it is...

Hope you enjoy it and please don't forget to comment :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole drove home was quiet except for the times Jake tried to talk to me but I just ignored him. I can’t believe I actually thought I could trust him enough to tell him everything and then I find out that he’s been hiding things from me. I classed him as a friend and even though I don’t have any friends... I’m sure friends tell each other everything. I guess not.

At the moment we were parked outside of the Peterson’s house, I was sat in the car whilst Jake was carrying the last bags in. I looked at my phone and saw the same message on my phone that I saw this morning about me calling Jake’s number. My finger was hovering over the delete button so then the number and the message was erased. I thought about it for a second and then pressed delete. Come on... I mean he may be a friend (well not anymore) but him being my teacher outweighs the friend option. I shouldn’t be so close to him I shouldn’t dream about his smile and how it feels to have his arms around me. I sighed.

Can you believe it... a week ago I was mainly focused on grades and my mum but now I was having weird feelings for my teacher and I was upset by finding out that he had being hiding a secret from me... my life’s just fantastic. I heard a bang and knew that Jake had just climbed into the car. After a couple of minutes he drove up the driveway at my house. Once he parked I climbed out as fast as I possibly could and grabbed the shopping bags and nearly ran to the house. I heard Jake following me and shouting me to just listen to him. I finally got to the door until I felt someone grab hold of my arm and turn me around to face them.

“Hayden, please listen to me. I will tell you everything just... please don’t ignore me” Jake said sounding desperate.

“Why... why do you not want me to ignore you... your my teacher deal with it” I hissed at him whilst trying to turn around only to result in him pulling me back.

“Ye but to me your classed as a friend and I care about my friends I hate it when there not talking to me” I stood there trying to free my arm until I realised that no matter what he wasn’t going to let go off my arm so I made my decision.

“OK FINE” I shouted at him. He let go off my arm which meant that I could make a run for the door. I turned around quickly and opened the door as fast as I could. I tried to close the front door with my foot, seeing as my hands were full with bags. However, I didn’t hear the click of the lock I turned around to see Jake stood in the doorway. “GET OUT” I shouted at him. He shook his head.

“Not until you let me explain to you everything and I mean everything” he said. He looked broken for some reason.

I sighed and gave in. “Fine” what is wrong with me? I should have just told him that I didn’t want to hear what he had to say and then I’d be done. But yet I was curious with what he had to say and I didn’t like the look of hurt on his face.

I walked into the kitchen and started to unpack all of the shopping. I heard a sigh of relief and then the click of the lock indicating that he had shut the door. He started to walk towards the kitchen because I heard his footsteps on the wooden floor which shortly followed by a squeal from one of the kitchen chairs. I finished unpacking and turned around resting against the worktop with my arms folded across my chest.

“Start whenever you want” I said to him, tapping my foot. He stood up and walked over to me until he was stood in front of me.

“I illegally race” he said. For some reason it didn’t surprise me. “You’re not angry, upset, shocked?” he asked. I just shook my head and then remembered the poster. I held one finger up to him.

“Hold on” I ran upstairs and grabbed his jacket off of the back of the door. As I walked downstairs with it in my right hand I pushed my left hand into the pocket where the poster was and pulled it out. I walked into the kitchen and handed him his jacket. “I forgot to give you this last night and I saw this...” I said holding up the piece of paper. “... hanging out of the inner pocket... so I got curious and wondered what it was.” I shrugged.

“You know curiosity kills the cat” Jake said smiling as he took the jacket out of my hand.

I shrugged “so Amber’s dead then.”

He laughed at my comment “so you’re not mad?”

“Oh course I am” I said causing his face to change from a playful one to an upset one. “I told you everything about my dad and I have never even told anyone about that but yet I know you for 5 days and you know more about me than anyone else does. But yet you can’t tell me this little bit of information.”

“I didn’t tell you because I didn’t want the risk of people finding out. I could go to jail for racing illegally.”

“So you’re worried about yourself?”

“NO it’s just.... if anyone of my rivals found out that you knew they can use you against me... it’s not like high school or anything it’s dangerous near the tracks.”

“Are you seriously that stupid that you think I would go prancing around near a race track... I’m not that stupid”

“I know ok... I know and I’m sorry.” He said hugging me. I wondered why he’d hugged me until I reached up to my cheeks and felt something wet. I’d been crying. Why? He kept repeating sorry in my ear and saying he was stupid he knew he could have trusted me. I nodded into his shoulder whilst he ran his hand through my hair trying to sooth me. It was so relaxing I wish I could have stayed there for a very long time.

After a couple of hours I woke up on a very soft surface. I turned over and saw my alarm clock which caused me to slowly sit up. I saw a little piece of paper hanging out from underneath the alarm clock I pulled it from underneath and saw that my name was wrote on the front of it. I opened it to see what was in it:

Just gone out to get a takeaway. I’ve written this in case you might be wondering where I am... I don’t know. Anyway I’ll be back soon.

Jake

As I finished reading it I heard the front door open. Crap... I wonder if he locked the front door. Of course he won’t have he doesn’t have a key. I walked downstairs slowly and heard shuffling in the kitchen. I followed the sound, ducked down low, until he turned around and I realised it was only Jake.

 “Hi bedhead” he laughed.

“What?” I asked whilst moving over to the mirror in the hallway and saw some strands of my hair sticking out because I’d been asleep. I shrugged and left my hair the way it was.

“Still mad at me?” he asked. I turned my face away from him so then he could get the message.

“See I knew you would be like this ssoo...” he said. He turned around to pick up a pizza box and grabbed hold of my hand to pull me into the living room. “I have ham and mushroom pizza” he pointed at the box on the coffee table and then turned around holding DVD’s “and a bit of Vin Diesel or is it Paul Walker for you” I slowly felt a smile coming on to my face.

“Haha... I got a reaction” he said smiling at me. I shook my head at him.

“By the way it’s both” I said laughing and snatching the DVD’s out of his hand. “Also, the cars and the racing”

He laughed. “You’re a very interesting character” he said pretending to be a kind of detective whilst stroking his chin. I laughed whilst sitting down on the couch. “Am I forgiven?” he asked me as he sit down next to me.

I pretended to think about it. “Well, seeing as you have bought the pizza and a bit of Paul and Vin I guess. Also, I owe you.”

“For what?” he asked confused.

“Well, I lied when you asked if I heard Miss Brown and you talking whilst I was in your office... I heard what you said to her when she made her comment... thank you.”

“Hey like I said we’re friends.” He shrugged.

“No seriously thank you... no one’s ever stuck up for me. It meant a lot and you didn’t have to” he smiled at me.

“I take it you want me to tell you all about the racing personality of me” I nodded eagerly. I really wanted to know about him and this was a part of him I wanted to know. “Ok, I started to get into this whole racing thing when I was 13. I mean I only raced for the fun and the adrenaline but that was it. That’s where I met Scott. Anyway, we carried on racing in go-karts and people from school would come and watch us. I won every race I ever entered. However, when I turned about 16 I used to hang around the back of the school just to get away from everyone. And that’s where I met Jamie. I met Blake at school can you believe everyone thought he was a badass and stayed away from him but he was a bit of a player with the girls.” I interrupted him by laughing.

“Seriously they thought Blake was a badass. I mean player ye but... badass...” I carried on laughing whilst he nodded his head at me laughing.

“Seriously. Anyway I met Holly when I was 17 I was in my first ever car race and I was racing against her. First of all I thought she was a guy and I’d only just won her. When she took her mask off we were all shocked because she was an amazing driver and still is. So we all became such good friends but yet we all raced. We started to gain a reputation individually but we soon joined together and became the cobras.” He said pointing at his wrist.

“So that’s why it’s so symbolic”

He nodded “I know this sounds cheesy but... we are a family. I mean my mum welcomes all of them into the house-”

“Does she know?... your mum about this” he shook his head.

“No I did it so then I can pay off my degree a lot faster but now I'm saving the money up so it can help pay for a deposit on an apartment.” He shrugged.

“Wait so who’s Holly?”

“She’s our substitute driver which means if any of us are ill and they need all four drivers for a race or something then she steps in. However, she mainly does all the work underneath the bonnets. She checks everything the day before the race.”

“What do you mean they need all four drivers. The races I’ve seen on films and things is just single team races.” I wondered curiously.

“Ye well usually they are but at the end of every year there is a huge drag race and I mean huge. Like they throw before and after parties for it. What it is, is that one of the drivers usually gets a text a couple weeks before the actual race. On the text will be 5 locations, the start which is where one driver starts, three other locations for the other drivers and the last one is the finish line. We put the locations into our GPS to know where we’re going. However, for example I will get the last two locations. The first one will be where I will start in the race and the last location would be my checkpoint where I will finish my part on the race and more or less I’m always the last racer out of the 4 of us. It’s like a relay race you know how you pass on a baton well we pass on a package instead. It’s empty but it has our name on the inside so when you get to the finish line and the organisers open it. They can tell if you’ve been cheating or not.”

“Ye but what happens if they give you the wrong box?”

“They couldn’t because they send you another text to tell you the time, date and location of where you go and collect your box. You get there and they have a box ready they ask the team’s name and write it down. Close the box and wrap it up and take a picture so at the end of the race you can see if anyone’s changed the paper or looked inside of the box.”

“Wow there quite strict on rules” I said whilst he nodded at me.

“Ye you bet but try and guess how much you win?” I thought about it for a second and then gave up and shrugged my shoulders at him.

“120 grand” he said slowly as my eyes widened.

“What?...  a.a.as in 120 and three zero’s after it” he nodded at me.

“And we split it 5 ways so each of us get’s 24 grand at the end of the race.”

“Wow wait you said before that you go last why?”

“Because I’m the fastest out of all my team. I mean we are all fast and we do a lap around the track in Scott’s back garden whoever’s the fastest goes last usually it’s me because I can handle my speed a little bit better than the other guys.” He said. Normally guys would be arrogant and big-headed I’m guessing if they said something like this but Jake was far from it. He was a sweet guy.

“Scott has a race track in his back garden?”

“Ye he has a lot of land with his house and I mean a lot. We use the track for the cars but sometimes we go-kart around it... take us back to the good old days” I laughed at that.

“How many times have you won?”

“Every year which means we started the team when we were 17 so... 4 years”

“So you’re unbeatable”

“You could say that... I guess.”

“Does anyone else know about this?”

He nodded his head. “Brooke knows... I had to tell her she wondered why I’d stay out a lot or stay over at Scott’s which is because if the race was here in Haywood it would probably start about 11, when no one’s around, so then when we’d finished I would stay at Scott’s because it was so late and I would be too tired to drive back home.”

“Does Emily or Alex not wonder what you’re doing?”

“Sometimes they’ve asked questions but I just lie to them because I don’t want them to find out.”

“Why not?”

“Because my mum will freak out if she knows what I do and my dad would... I don’t know actually but I just have a feeling it won’t be pleasant.”

“So what’s a challenge then?”

“Just where one team challenges the other so on Tuesday the Piranhas had asked us for a race they got to pick what racer they want from our team to race and we got to pick their racer. Basically we walked it... that team isn’t exactly fast if you get what I mean.” I nodded at him. “So because we won we got to pick if we wanted to take their car or money so we asked for the maximum amount of money you’re allowed to ask which is £2,000”

“Is that why Scott’s house is so big because of the race money”

“A little bit but most of it's down to his inhertiance from his dad and uncle” I nodded my head. I knew not to ask any questions on that subject as it had nothing to do with me.

“Who was the guy in the store?”

He laughed “I knew you’d been watching all the time” he said turning to look at me which caused me to blush because I’d been caught. I shrugged my shoulders at him.

“I was curious” I said quietly.

“And I don’t mind” he said ducking his head down a little so he was eye level with me. “But that was Holly’s cousin he runs the tattoo parlour but he also manages to get us the car parts that we can’t get ourselves.”

“Thank god... I thought it was drugs.”

He laughed to himself “no thanks I’ll leave them alone.” I laughed along with him.

“Come on, I want to watch one of my favourite films” he laughed as he stood up and put the DVD into the DVD player and pressed play. He came and sat down at the side of me as we started to watch the film.

Jake’s POV

After the film had finished I went to stand up but felt a slight pressure on my shoulder. I turned slightly and saw Hayden asleep on my shoulder with her arms wrapped around my arm. We both had the blanket, off the back of the couch, draped over us as she had pulled it down half-way through the film and pulled it over both of us. I looked down at her and noticed little things about her. I noticed a little small birthmark on the right side of her neck near her collarbone.

What was this girl doing to me? All I could think about lately was her and how she made me curious and want to find out more about her even though I probably know more about her than anyone else does. I looked at how fragile and small she looked. For some reason I found myself analyzing every detail about her. URG.... what is happening to me? Why do I feel like this... better yet what is this feeling? I’m so confused. As my mind drifted slowly into my own world of trying to figure out what this feeling is I suddenly heard the front door opening.

“Hello... Hayden” Cally shouted. I turned my head to the left to see Cally walk into the living room and her eyes widen a little when she saw me. I held my finger to my lips and pointed to Hayden.

“Oh I understand” she whispered.

“Do you want me... to move her or something?” I asked nervously. Cally nodded her head.

“If you don’t mind” I shook my head at her to make sure she knew it was no trouble. I slowly moved my shoulder from underneath her head. When I realised that I hadn’t disturbed her I slowly moved one of my arms underneath the joint of her legs and the other around her back. I lifted her up and started to make my way upstairs towards her bedroom. I pushed the door open with my foot and slowly placed her on top of her mattress and pulled her duvet over her and gently tucked her in to make sure she was comfortable.

“Goodnight Hayden” I whispered as I brushed a strand of her hair out of her face. I turned around and walked out the door whilst closing it behind me leaving a slight gap between the door and the door frame.

As I walked into the kitchen I saw Cally leaning against the worktop with a cup of hot liquid as I could see the steam rising from it.

“Thanks Jake” she smiled tiredly.

“Hey don’t worry about it? I’m gonna go” I said turning around.

“Wait Jake” Cally said. I turned back around to face her. “I know you’re her teacher and you shouldn’t have any close relationships outside of school with your students but I’m glad she has you. She seems to have come out of her shell a little bit. She seems happier over the past few days. I haven’t seen her smile that much especially since her dad left so thank you for everything.”

“Cally don’t worry about it... she’s an amazing girl and anyone would be lucky to have her as a friend. And it’s a pleasure to call her one of my friends” I smiled at her.

She smiled back at me “she is a wonderful girl... anyway Jake goodnight.”

“Goodnight Cally” I smiled and walked out the door. I made my way towards my car, climbed in and started to reverse out of the driveway. I started to slowly think about tonight’s events and how happy I was that Hayden knows my secret.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed the chapter guys. 

By any chance if i get two more fans then I'll upload the next chapter for you guys before Friday. 

What do you all think now will happen seeing as Hayden knows Jake's secret?

Please Comment,

Fan,

Vote,

Add to your library please. 

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300K 441 9
nothing but smut. there are different sections for you to read so if you don't like the first one you can just go to another one. enjoy 💕 don't be s...
2.7M 60.5K 81
Diana is an 18 year old girl about to start her senior year until she bumps into a woman at the bookstore who has quite the personality. The woman ta...
300K 11.2K 78
"Leave, you're free. Don't ever come back here again." She said, hoping he wouldn't return and she'll get to live Hael was shocked, "Are you abandon...
1.4M 80K 81
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...