The Catalyst

By kittersummers

In a politically volatile kingdom, Noah is tasked with finding the catalyst, a magical artifact rumored to gr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
A Tale of Two Knights
The Winter Elf Princess
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Thank You for Reading
Sequel

Chapter 15

1.8K 226 103
By kittersummers

"So, Jaden Fairlocks is alive."

Tearing himself from a scene witnessed through his dragon demon's unnaturally keen eyes, the man who called himself the Dragon settled back in the carriage seat, yanking the curtain to glimpse out the window to his left.

The road from Treon to the smaller city of Blue Heron offered charming views. Strips of green land rich with blooming wildflowers, giving way to beaches where people could swim in the warmer months. It was a clear day, allowing for the sight of the West Mist Islands in the distance, cresting the horizon upon the waters of the Dryanic Ocean.

Drawing the curtain, he went on, knowing his companion listened, "I wanted to send a clear message to the Felleran queen. To show her what happens to little spies who aren't careful."

"Something you did without first running it by me," his companion pointed out, a flicker of annoyance in his eyes. Ensconced in the cushioned seat across from the Dragon, he crossed his slender legs, clawed hands joined in his lap. Looking oddly young, as he sometimes did.

"I didn't think you'd care," the Dragon replied. "The emperor certainly didn't mind. He wants the queen unharmed, but said nothing about her relatives. Doesn't matter now. It seems Jaden has joined the young man Mikael sent for the mission."

"I don't know why you waste your time monitoring their progress. I've told you, I'll make sure the catalyst comes to you in the end. Patience, my friend. Have I ever given you reason to doubt me?"

The Dragon smiled. "I suppose you haven't." However, you did lie to me, once. As well as to my closest friend.

He shook off the old and yet still painful memory, and changed the subject, "I should find more recruits for the cult in Blue Heron."

The demon seemed pleased. "Good."

"I suppose I should soon pen another letter to Mikael T'Sherazee." He sighed. "Letting Mikael believe that his spy is still alive is quite troublesome."

"A small price to pay," the demon said, "to be one step ahead."

"Indeed."

So your spy lives, Felleran queen. Well no matter, for I have a spy of my own in your castle right now. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115 26 25
Over one year has passed since Brennah Watson came to possess the villainess in her favorite novel. During that time, she has come to terms with her...
108 5 24
Cursed before her birth, tone-deaf in a kingdom of musicians, yearning for battle when it is treason for a woman to hold a sword, Cassie is constantl...
183 39 17
This is a story of a magical and powerful world. where Noah was born powerless. His weakness led to the loss of his loved ones.....now all he wants i...
1.3K 147 59
Ash lost his mum and sister in a tragic accident and tries to move on with his life and starts again in a new city. A mysterious parcel turns up at...