Regona City: Flight (BK2)

By voif1d

The Falcons are ready to go, and they want it all. Sahara finds herself with more than she bargained for when... More

Beginnings
Good Times
First Challenge
Race
How to Break an Addiction
Attack?
A Past Revealed
When All Was Calm
The MiFlash
Losing Control
Noah
Glimpse of His Past
A Date of Sorts
First Racer's High
When Things Fall Apart
A Deal
Growing a Backbone
Thief of Hearts
Hoax Unveiled
The Omegas
Where Omegas Tread
Two Brothers
Reunion

The Unexpected (Final)

9.9K 715 267
By voif1d

Jack's café was filled with laughter and noise; noise coming from the only seven people in the café. It was dark outside, and though the streets were lit up the café was closed to all but the Falcons; plus one.

"Cheers to the smallest and yet most powerful crew in Regona!" Regan declared as he raised a glass of juice.

"Well said," Alegra told him as the others lifted their glasses and banged them with his.

"Stronger than the Phantom?" Naomi asked.

"The Phantom?" Alegra snorted. "The myth?"

"Yeah, the myth," Noah spoke up from where he sat next to Naomi.

Sahara shot a glance at Terrell. He looked uninterested as he sucked a lollypop and ignored everyone around him.

"I heard he was spotted early today," Orion spoke up.

"Eh?" Reagan asked.

"Really?" Arden and his twin leaned forward, anticipating hearing more.

"Apparently there was a race with the Omegas," Noah added.

"What?" Reagan screeched.

Alegra glared at Noah. "What are you doing here anyway?"

Noah shrugged.

"Weren't you with the Omegas?" Orion asked Sahara.

She looked up.

"Yeah," the twins nodded in agreement.

"Did you see him?" Reagan asked eagerly.

"Who?" Sahara asked.

"The Phantom Omega."

"Oh," Sahara bit her lip. "He wore a mask."

"You saw him!" Reagan screeched.

"Jeeze boy, get those wind pipes sorted, will you?" Alegra complained as she put a finger in her ear.

"Terrell was there too," Noah spoke up. "Weren't you?" he elbowed Terrell who turned to glare at him.

Noah grinned innocently.

"You saw him too?" Regan asked. "What was he like?" he jumped up and down in excitement.

"He wore a mask," Terrell muttered.

"Did he board good?" Naomi piped up.

"It's board well, not good, honey," Alegra corrected her.

"He was okay," Terrell muttered.

Noah chuckled.

"What did he look like?" Arden probed.

Terrell looked like he wanted to sink into the floor.

"Hmm..." Sahara felt a grin alight on her face. "From what I could tell he was alright looking. Nothing stuck out to me in particular." She shrugged.

She was aware of Terrell glaring at her, yet she ignored him, enjoying the feeling of teasing him. It felt exciting being in on such a big secret. She wanted to tell the others...yet, it wasn't her secret to tell.

"All this talk about the Phantoms...shouldn't we be celebrating our new status?" Orion asked.

"Well, well, who would have thought you would reach the top," Jack said as he approached with a platter of food.

"Meat!" Naomi and Reagan yelled at the same time.

No sooner had Jack put the platter down than it was attacked.

"Look at them go," he chuckled. He looked over at Sahara. "So...now that you're an Omega, am I expecting you here to work or are you resigning?"

"I'm getting some air," Terrell muttered. He got up and left.

"I'd love to continue..." Sahara began.

"Noooo!" Reagan wailed. "We can't have an Omega who works in a café! Think of what that would look like!"

"It would get me more customers," Jack murmured.

"I think it wouldn't be bad. It might encourage the kids in the area to work a bit harder themselves if they see even an Omega does so," Orion said.

"No, you can't have her!" Regan protested.

An argument broke out.

Sahara took the opportunity to slip out in order to see what Terrell was up to. Noah, who was the only one to see her go, simply shook his head before grabbing more food.

As Sahara stepped into the clear night she paused. She took a deep breath of air. Letting it out she couldn't help but smile. Looking around, she furrowed her brow.

"Terrell?" she called. There was no reply.

She walked a few paces forward.

"Terrell?" she tried again.

A pair of familiar arms slipped around her as someone pulled her close. Sahara smiled as she found herself resting against a broad chest.

"Are you stalking me?" Terrell's voice asked.

"What if I said yes?" Sahara replied.

"Hmm...my own personal stalker," Terrell murmured. "Well...if it's you I might put up with it."

Sahara grinned. For a moment the two stood in silence, the laughter from inside the café drifting out to them.

"Sahara," Terrell turned her around to face him. "I'm not good when it comes to expressing myself...Rayne always was the one who had it easier with words...I..." he trailed off with a sigh. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out something. "You still owe me a favor."

"A favor?"

"It was our deal," Terrell reminded her. "When you reach the top you owe me a favor. You grant one wish."

Sahara swallowed. "I made that deal, didn't I?"

"Sahara...I know there are many things I haven't told you...there are some I can't...not yet. But I realized something," Terrell told her. "From the moment you crashed into me, my life has changed."

Sahara blinked in surprised.

"At first I thought you were extremely annoying."

Jeeze, thanks, Sahara thought.

"But then...you grew on me, you know?"

Sahara cocked her head to the side.

"Man," Terrell growled. "What I'm trying to say here is...I really like you Sahara...like really...maybe as much as I like strawberry milk...or even more." He looked confused at the thought and Sahara had to try her hardest not to giggle. "Anyway," Terrell tried to save himself. "I never asked you...I just kinda assumed...you know what I'm saying?"

"Nope," Sahara told him. For some reason she was enjoying seeing him so flustered. It was a new side she had never seen before. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Come on." Terrell blew out through his mouth. "Here," he muttered. He held something out to her. When Sahara looked down her eyes flew up to him. He was holding out a carton of strawberry milk.

"You're giving it to me?" she asked in disbelief. But Terrell never shares his strawberry milk! What more, there were almost none left in the city.

"Under a condition," Terrell replied.

Sahara raised her eyebrows in question.

"Would you officially become my girl?" Terrell asked.

Sahara froze. "You mean...girlfriend?"

Terrell nodded, looking relieved that she had been the one to say it.

Sahara slowly reached out her hand and took the strawberry milk. "If you're bribing her with strawberry milk, how can a girl say no?" she asked

Terrell's eyes widened.

"That means yes," Sahara elaborated.

"Really?"

Sahara nodded.

Terrell froze. Suddenly he grabbed Sahara and lifted her. He twirled her around.

"Hey!" Sahara laughed. "You're going to make me dizzy!"

Terrell put her down. He leaned over and Sahara thought he was about to kiss her when he froze. "I almost forgot," he said as he pulled away. He reached into his pocket and pulled something out. Grabbing Sahara's left hand he plopped something on her right ring finger. Sahara pulled back in surprise. She lifted her hand only to widen her eyes.

It was a small black ring band with a green shimmering pattern going around the middle. Sahara looked from it, back to Terrell.

"It's a promise ring; to show that you're my girl." Terrell explained as he pulled out the necklace he was wearing. To her surprise Sahara saw that it was the medallion she had bought him. Next to it, she noticed a ring exactly like hers. "Couples used to have matching ones in Regona. It was a thing back in the day," Terrell told her.

Sahara tried not to laugh. "In my world," she told him as she lifted her hand with the ring on it, "This means you're proposing."

Terrell's eyes widened. Then he smirked. "My, you move fast. Do you want me to?" he asked.

"W-what...? No!" Sahara's face went red, but the night hid it. "That's not possible. I'm way too young...I couldn't..." she stuttered.

"Hey, calm down," Terrell told her as he moved closer. "I was kidding. Let's start with girlfriend."

Sahara stared up at him. Terrell's eyes twinkled.

"For now at least," he murmured before he leaned down and kissed her.

Sahara leaned into him. And then she felt Terrell pull away at the same time as he snatched the milk carton from her hand.

"Hey!" Sahara exclaimed as she tried to get it back. "Give it back!"

"Nope," Terrell replied as he held it out of reach. "I need it."

"You gave it to me!"

"It was insurance."

"Insurance?" Sahara asked as she tried to jump to get it.

"To make sure you said yes."

"I could take it back!"

"Too late," Terrell replied. He grabbed Sahara's hand and leaned his lips close to her ear. It made her freeze. "You already said yes." He jumped back.

"You're evil," Sahara watched him as she watched him open the carton and take a sip.

"At times," Terrell agreed.

Sahara grinned. Tell him. A voice whispered inside her mind. Tell him you're staying. She looked at Terrell who was watching her intently.

"Terrell," she felt excitement at what she was about to tell him. I wonder what kind of face he'll make, she thought. "I've made up my mind. I want to..."

"I fixed it!" the voice yelled faintly. Something was familiar about it.

"You what?" Terrell asked.

Sahara turned back to him. "I talked to Rayne. I think I finally know what I want."

"Then set it to undo the last action!" the second familiar voice was louder.

Sahara turned her head. "Did you hear something?" she asked.

"Hear what?" Terrell looked around.

"No, nothing," Sahara murmured.

"I want to sta–" She felt a violent tug, as though someone was pulling her.

"I think it's working!" the voice was even louder.

Sahara's eyes widened as she recognized it. "Oh no," she whispered.

"Sahara?" Terrell asked as he took a step towards her. His face was filled with worry.

"I'm sorry," Sahara whispered before the tug pulled her away completely. She was lifted towards the sky faster than she would have thought possible.

"Sahara!" Terrell yelled below her.

She saw him in the night as he motioned for his board, how he jumped on it and sped after her.

"Sahara!" he yelled as he closed the gap and raced towards her.

Sahara held her hand out to him.

"I don't want to go," she sobbed. "Please no. Not now!"

"Sahara!" Terrell closed the gap as she continued to be pulled up.

He reached out his hand. Sahara stretched hers. Their fingers brushed before Terrell disappeared from her sight. Her world became a blur. She spun endlessly around and around. At one point she thought she heard a cat, but it could have just been the wind. And then, just like that she landed on a hard surface with a 'thud'.

Something landed on top of her and she found herself staring at none other than Mo.

He let out a meow before scrambling away.

"Sahara!" a voice exclaimed in relief.

Sahara felt herself hugged close.

"Oh, I'm so glad we got you back!"

Dazed, Sahara looked around. She was in a barn filled with odd looking machines. Sunlight filtered in through the cracks. Standing nearby, wringing his hands nervously, was one other than Mr. Kane.

"Are you hurt?" Mrs. Kane asked as she held Sahara at arm's length and examined her. "Thank the Lord. She looks to be in one piece." She cupped Sahara's cheeks in her hands. "We were so worried, honey!"

Sahara couldn't reply. I'm back, the knowledge flashed through her mind. "Wait!" she sprang to her feet, startling Mrs. Kane. "I can't just leave like that!" she turned to the smoking machine behind her. She was just about to go near it when it suddenly let out a 'bang'. Mrs. Kane grabbed her and pulled her back as sparks flew and black smoke began to pour out. Then, it let out a pitiful whine and went silent.

"Oh dear, it died again," Mrs. Kane said.

"No," Sahara whispered.

"I'm so sorry honey for whatever you were put through," Mrs. Kane babbled. "I've been telling Samuel how dangerous these experiments were."

Sahara stared at her hand. There was no bracelet on it...no ring.

"How long was I gone?" she asked.

Mrs. Kane exchanged a glance with Mr. Kane.

Mr. Kane cleared his throat. "A few months..."

Sahara's head snapped up. "So, it has to have been real," she whispered.

Mr. Kane looked interested at that. He walked a few steps forward and stared right at Sahara. "Sahara, where were you?" he asked.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you," Sahara replied.

Mr. Kane's eyes widened.

"Stop talking nonsense you two," Mrs. Kane told them. She put her hands on Sahara's shoulder. "Let's go get you a bath." It surprised Sahara how she seemed so calm about the situation. The again, having lived with Mr. Kane and his experiments for so long she must have gotten used to odd things happening.

A cat ran past.

"Would you look at that, even Mr. Whiskers is back!" Mrs. Kane exclaimed cheerfully. She took a step forward only to pause. "What's this?" she asked bending over. She lifted a small object. "Is it yours?" she asked Sahara.

Sahara stared at the small black ring she held with the green line.

"Yes," she breathed as she took it.

"Now, for that bath," Mrs. Kane lead her from the barn. "Goodness, how are we going to explain all this to child services? A machine swallowed our child for a few months but she's back now?"

Sahara followed her from the barn. She didn't listen as Mrs. Kane continued to ramble.

Feeling something brush against her legs, Sahara glanced down to see Mo was purring while rubbing up against her. Slowly, she held out her hand and stared at the ring resting in it. Her fingers enclosed around it as she tipped her head back and stared at the clear blue sky above. I'll be back, she thought. Wait for me, everyone. I'll find a way back to you.

"Sahara!" Mrs. Kane called from the porch.

"I promise," Sahara whispered. Leaning down she picked up Mo and walked towards the farmhouse.

And so this is the end of book 2.

Thanks to God for giving me the ability to finish another one. I have to admit, being so different from the DOL series I really had no clue what to expect when I started out, but this story seems to have taken on a life of its own.

Thank you so much for reading and for your patience. I know I took longer to upload with this book than the others.

Thanks for sticking with me so far!

Again, out of my own curiosity, did your favorite character change?

To continue the adventure, head over to book 3 "Regona City: Tempest".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51 2 17
" " This is the story of how my life - And its surroundings - changed in a matter of seconds before my very own eyes " Fayeleigh Foxfire is a cu...
391K 16.9K 75
*** UNEDITED *** Crystal and I have been friends since fourth grade. We were like sisters even though we weren't blood-related. The two of us had a l...
81.1K 1.8K 31
π—Ÿπ—’π—©π—˜-𝗦𝗧π—₯π—¨π—–π—ž *ೃ༄ ❁ΫͺΫͺཻུ ━ 𝙄𝙉 π™’π™ƒπ™„π˜Ύπ™ƒ . . . vera flores, a native of mission creek who has a best friend that...
202K 7.4K 42
Levvinne Cagliostro has grown up always hiding her feelings behind a smile, she knows to just take what she gets and live with it, but when she is s...