Weaving a Song

Door Venari

"Your child will be gifted. She will be able to do what even Elves have trouble with. Be warned, she may not... Meer

Weaving a Song
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118

Chapter 26

3.1K 89 19
Door Venari

c.2509 TA

After another four years in Imladris, it seemed things were taking an upturn. Her days had not been so dreary as they had seemed at first, and even in her homesickness she found peace that she felt she would be returning home soon. Even if it was not as soon as she had originally thought.

It was a normal day in Imladris at this point in the year, and the twins were valiantly trying to catch the two escaped elleths that had been eluding them the entire day: one their sister, they other Almiel.

They could hear Almiel's laughter fill the gardens as they tried in vain to catch her. Seemingly innocent, she could apparently do about as much damage as they could, and they were the ones to get in trouble for it. Somehow, even if she was caught, no one seemed to be able to blame her, so they still blamed Elladan and Elrohir.

Father was right.

About what?

I think we finally found something that bit back. Elrohir said grudgingly.

Elladan laughed and continued to race through his home. Suddenly Glorfindel appeared in front of them. "And what would you be doing racing through meditative gardens?" Elladan sighed.

"Would you believe us if we told you that we were coerced into this garden by being led on a merry goose hunt?" Glorfindel raised an eyebrow at him, and then at Elrohir.

"It's no good Dan, I think he would not believe us even if we told a lie."

"Mmmm, do you think they can even tell whether or not we were lying?"

"I am still here." Glorfindel said. "Don't worry, however, your father already knows."

"Of course he does." Elladan muttered as he walked off. Almiel's flute like laugh sounded above them and she dropped to the ground from a branch above them.

"Even when you tell the truth." She said patronizing them.

"Oh be quiet, you only get away with it because you are a guest."

"And Arwen does not?"

"What do I not do?" Came Arwen's voice. Elrohir threw up his hands.

"Why not join the party? Shall I tell Ada you are also running through meditative gardens?"

"I do not run," Arwen said. "I glide." She said and did an airy impression of gliding through the gardens. Almiel laughed once more.

"You see? Therein lies your problem, you are too inelegant of Elves."

"And you are any better?" Elladan challenged.

"Yes, Arwen glides, and I fly." She said and, indeed, when she ran she did like rather like she flew. It was one of the traits of the wood-elves who perhaps did indeed fly from tree to tree.

"I think it is because they are female." Elrohir stated. "Otherwise they would simply do as we do and walk gracefully." Almiel and Arwen exchanged a knowing look and then both laughed at the twin's situations before gliding or flying out of the garden together.

"We shall see you both at the feast tonight." Came Arwen's last call. Elladan and Elrohir watched them leave.

"Will you ask the Princess to dance tonight?" Elladan asked his brother with a slight spark to his eye. Elrohir shoved his brother.

"Only if none other does. I only did when Arwen came home because it was proper."

"Believe that though you might, I do not. You fancy her."

"I do not think…"

"Please, I share your soul. You have asked her to dance on more than one occasion and find time to share with her when you might be elsewhere."

"Does that mean anything?" Elladan looked at Elrohir seemingly troubled. Finally he spoke.

"Perhaps not, only remember who she is. She is a princess on her own, of Thranduil's line no less."

"I am perfectly aware of who she is brother."

"I know, but we have not known her long. The last time we met she was an innocent child. You remember what father told us of her mother?"

"Yes, yes, but do you not see? This is the first time we have really seen her. She is a mature elleth now. She has grown into her beauty and her spirit has not decreased even through what she has seen. Who else save Arwen or grandmother has her grace?"

"None Elrohir, but just heed my warning. Thranduil will be out for blood if you let anything happen."

"I am a son of Elrond! As are you! How could I possibly let anything happen to her?"

"Perhaps I was not clear, if you do anything to her…"

"Dan! I would never!"

"Stranger things have happened Elrohir. Just remember…" Elladan finished. Elrohir looked at him incredulously before he let the tension he had not known he was carrying go.

"I understand." He looked at where they had last seen the Princess fly off too. "It is not just her grace and spirit I adore. She is a living picture of what I think Elves were meant to be. I do not know what it is… but she has captured my gaze." Elladan laughed. Elrohir raised his eyebrows at his twin. "What?"

"She is a Princess, you know how many of her own subjects probably feel the same? You might have woman chasing you here, but she probably has men dying to dance with her back home. And your father does not scare away all dance partners- safe or otherwise."

"Almiel is…"

"A very eligible, but inaccessible Princess who is young and beautiful with a very imposing father behind her. Of course there are Elves just like you back in Mirkwood who want to but have yet to dance with her because of both her brother and father. You know how protective Legolas was of her, and he's only her brother. Think of what Thranduil must be like."

"Oh, please, all the stories of him… he cannot be much different than our own father was with Arwen."

"Yet Legolas is much different than both of us. Take my word for it, you are probably one of the few who has actually had the joy of dancing with Almiel. I am only saying this to remind you that you are not completely in love with her yet, you have a long way to go. There are plenty of Elves that probably feel as you do, but only one will actually be able to capture her heart, andher father's." Elladan paused as his brother contemplated his words. "And before you get too serious, whatever else you may do, you must tell her father of your intentions, be it only courtship, and get his permission first." Elrohir sighed.

"As you say, brother." Elladan smiled and put his hand on Elrohir's shoulder.

"I shall be joyous for you if you succeed in your quest of winning the prize jewel." Elrohir smiled.

"When are you going to find your own? It is getting to be too long a wait."

Elladan shoved his brother. "You have not succeeded yet either, brother.

*

Elrohir did indeed ask the Princess to dance with him again. The dance itself, however, was never finished. Out of nowhere, the Princess stopped dancing and seconds later both twins, Arwen, and their father doubled over. The Princess ran to the door where she looked out over the valley. Nothing was wrong here, the pain was far away, further away than she had realized at first. Elrohir joined her at the door after a minute, still clutching his stomach. "My mother is hurt." He said simply. Almiel nodded slowly, feeling the fear roll off of him.

"Someone must go looking for her." She said.

Elladan! We must go!

I'm on it. Get the horses, I'll get clothes and weapons.

Okay. Right before he left Almiel hesitated and then grabbed his arm. He felt warmth coming from her and then the situation seemed lighter. It was the same he had felt before-

"May the stars watch over you." Almiel said before releasing him. His heart feeling strangely confident he ran out the door to get the horses. Surely the Valar would bless them.

*

Elrohir and Elladan both cursed at the state they found their mother in. She was unconscious and left for dead. However, through their bond, they discovered she was still alive. From the tracks around her, they knew it was Orcs that did it.

"They will pay!" Elrohir seethed.

"Aye," Elladan agreed, "But for now let's get her to father, he will heal her and then we can take our revenge."

"Yes…"

*

They arrived back and brought their mother immediately to their parent's chambers. Elrond was already ready with herbs and medicines. To their surprise, Almiel was waiting as well with Arwen next to her. Elrond looked at her concerned greatly and touched her cheek. He went deep into his bond with her and, to his despair, found a poison similar to that of Queen Oiolairë's. He glanced at Almiel who nodded slowly confirming what he thought. She glided over and touched Celebrian gently on the hand. She frowned when she did so and Elrohir frowned as she appeared to have a silent conversation with his father.

His father then sighed and grabbed a small bottle of medicine. He had worked hard over the past four hundred and forty-four years to try to come up with a cure for the poison that had taken Mirkwood's queen. It had been a dark stain more than a poison, but his prayer was that even stains left by darkness could be cured. He hoped this would do. He gently poured the medicine slowly down his wife's throat and she responded well. Time would only tell what would happen next.

*

Elrohir sat crouched in front of his parent's room. The room had become far too tense and stuffed for his liking, not to mention his fear of his mother's death. Suddenly the door opened and Almiel glided out. She sat next to him, somehow warming him with simply her presence.

"Will she die?" Elrohir asked softly.

"I do not think so… but she might not be the same." Elrohir sighed, his worry showing through his eyes. He put his face in his hands. He felt a light touch on his shoulder and a blissful feeling of peace. "You shall live through it and your mother will find peace, be it here or no. You shall as well, if I am right to judge." She of all people is, Elrohir thought, her own mother died in her arms.

However, that did not mean he was exactly complaining as another wave of peace flowed over him, and then it dawned on him. It comes from her, I know i t does. Why? She said she had no idea what I was talking about. Could it only be because as my brother said, I fancy her? What is going on?

The only thing he knew at that moment was that there was a feeling of bliss over him, and it came from the woman sitting beside him. It also seemed to increase when he touched her. What could this mean? He thought once more.

Almiel then stood and returned to his mother's side. Almiel sat down next to the bed and put her hand gently on Celebrian's arm. Don't go hurting yourself. Elrond said to her. Your father would never forgive me.

I will not, I am both stronger and wiser than before. She replied. She put her warmth into Celebrian who stirred at what she felt. Elrond felt her energy increase and then she woke.

How did you…?

Your medicine worked for the most part. My gift only helped it work better. Almiel replied. The Lady's eyes opened somewhat dazed. She looked at Elrond who smiled and squeezed her hand. Arwen still sat next to her mother on the bed while grasping onto her entire arm. Elladan stood staring at her for a moment before he realized what was happening.

Elrohir! Mother awoke! Seconds later Elrohir was in the room. The family gathered around her and Almiel slowly backed out of the room.

Almiel? The Lady asked curiously. Almiel turned and smiled at her.

Yes, my Lady?

Did you…? I felt…

Rest, my Lady, your family is surrounding you and cares greatly for you.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

885K 21.7K 55
Amara is the youngest child of Elrond and Celebrian. After her mothers departure nothing is the same in Rivendell. When Elrond comes back from Mirkwo...
137K 3.8K 91
A girl from the 21st century, Jannidriel Smith came to Middle-earth for saving it to the Dark Lord, Sauron and to rewrite the prophecy written in th...
18.2K 494 19
After waking up in a mysterious forest, Roan is taken captive by the Mirkwood elves. Afraid she might never get out of the dungeon with a hideous orc...
34.2K 750 26
Awarthrie was the only child of Kili and Tauriel, raised by Glóin. She hates the shinny pointy eared tree-hugging bastards. The apparent enmity betwe...