RWBY: The Child of Grimm. Vol...

By bentleygt500

A child, a baby, given to the Grimm as an offering. to the surprise of many, returns years later with an alte... More

Chapter 1: Sacrifice
Chapter 2: Town full of Idiots
Chapter 3: Red hood
Chapter 4: Arrival at Beacon.
Chapter 5: Arrival at Beacon part 2
Chapter 6: Initiation
Chapter 7: Initiation part 2
Chapter 8: Relics
Chapter 9: Found out spectacularly
Chapter 10: First impressions
Chapter 11: Problems sorted
Chapter 12: A date?!
Chapter 13: Faunus and the Bullies
Chapter 14: Jaundice
Chapter 15: Field Trip
Chapter 16: Sickness
Chapter 18: Shared feelings.
Chapter 19: Vytal preparations
Chapter 20: Vailed Negativity
Volume 2.

Chapter 17: Family

9.9K 183 124
By bentleygt500

What? Where am I? Everything's... dark. Nothing but blackness. I looked down as I heard the sound of water at my feet only to see my reflection in the black water.

"Ryu? Nice name, but it's not yours."
"What? Who?"
"My name is Sol. As for what I am... well, why don't you take a look and decided for yourself?"

I jutted my head from side to side looking around for the owner of the strangely familiar yet unfamiliar voice.

"Behind you."

I turned, the shock I felt at the sight in front me was almost enough to knock me off my feet. The one standing in front of me was... me? But, not me... the sclera of his eyes were an abyssal black, his skin was even whiter than mine as was his hair and his face had strange, red, vein-like things all across it. I unconsciously took a step back as if ready to run but to where? I don't know where I am or what's going on.

"Relax. You're with a friend."
"Wha-wh-you... what...?"
"You seriously can't tell just from looking? I'm what you can be, what you should be, what you will be."
"You. Are you the one that's been talking to me in my head? Are there more of you? What the hell is going on!?"
"There are more but there is one."
"What!? That makes no sense!"
"Every time! Every Grimm you slay! Their Essence, their feelings, their thoughts, their power! Is all granted to you. I am your Grimm future."
"You're...my future? That- I don't want that!"
"Selfish. After everything your mother and father have done for you, you would toss it all away?"
"I only had a father! His name was, is Ryusan!"
"No. In a way.. he was more like a brother to you."
"What?"
"You're mother. The one who controls the Grimm. Speaks to them. Creates them. The one you inherited those abilities from. Don't you think you owe it, if not to her then to yourself to at least meet her? Come on, it's time for you to leave these children behind and be with your family."
"...you..can shove it."
"*angrily* what was that?"
"You said you're the result of me absorbing the Grimm I killed? Then that means your a part of me and I can't exactly get rid of you. But don't think for a second, that I'll go to meet this person you call my mother. My family, consists of the people at Beacon! I won't let you, or anyone else hurt them!"
"You're a fool. Mother already knows where you are. If you don't accept my proposal... a lot of people will die. You said I was a part of you. I know how you feel about them, especially the one called Ruby. I don't want to see them hurt anymore than you do, which is why... please... don't be so selfish that you would cause their deaths."
"...I.."
"Take some time to think it through. I will contact you again soon to find out your answer."

The strange version of myself vanished into thin air as the rest of the area slowly crumbled around me.

-

Opening my eyes, I felt something soft and warm attached to me. Ruby, I guess after I passed out someone brought me back here and they put me in Ruby's bed... why aren't I wearing a shirt? I guess... they wanted to make sure I was breathing properly or something? Looking at Ruby's sleeping face as it rested on my chest brought a smile to my face, which, was quickly replaced with concern, fear and worry. They're coming for me? If that's right then I don't think I can stay here much longer either way. I need to leave, I can't bring anyone else into this. I'm sorry team... I'm sorry Ruby... I need to go.

Carefully moving Ruby as to not wake her up I quietly got down from the bed and, looking around to make sure no one else was awake, I grabbed my shirt and jacket, opened the door, and silently left.

-

"Where are you going?"
[Ryu] "what?"

Spotted already? I turned to face the origin of the inquisitive voice to find Pyrrha standing there at the door to her room wearing her pajamas.

[Ryu] "oh, hey Pyrrha, I'm just going out for some fresh air."
[Pyrrha] "after what happened yesterday are you sure that's such a wise idea?"
[Ryu] "so you were the one who brought me back here?"
[Pyrrha] "yes. Now, if you're feeling better, I'd like to hear an explanation."
[Ryu] "*sigh*... alright, but not here."

We walked up to the roof where she'd had her conversation with Jaune not too long ago and I explained everything to her about someone claiming to be my mother coming for me, threatening to hurt the people here if I didn't go to her.

[Pyrrha] "you're not actually going to go are you?"
[Ryu] "of course not. I don't plan on becoming like that.. thing. But I can't stay here either."
[Pyrrha] "why not? This is the safest place for you right now. Or do you think a school full of trained hunter and huntresses can't handle a few over protective parents?"
[Ryu] "it's not like that. According to Sol... she's the one I inherited my abilities from. And she has more experience with it. I don't want to be the cause of a war and I won't be the cause of death for anyone here!"
[Pyrrha] "... if you're so sure about leaving I won't stop you. It's not my place. But I am going to tell your team. They deserve to know."
[Ryu] "do what you want. Just... if I can ask one last selfish request?"
[Pyrrha] "I'll listen..."
[Ryu] "please... tell Ruby... tell her I'm sorry.."
[Pyrrha] "I will. But when they find you; you'd better tell her yourself as well."
[Ryu] "they won't find me where I'm going."

I started walking away as Pyrrha made one final comment.

[Pyrrha] "just don't let them find a body."

Dark. But I won't. I plan on living. And if I need to go through this person who calls herself my mother to do it. I'd be glad to.

- rwby

[Yang] "Ruby! Wake up!"
[Ruby] *groggily wiping her eyes* huh? What?"
[Yang] "Ryu's gone!"
[Ruby] "huh?...what!?"

Ruby frantically searched her bed for a moment then moved on to the room, looking under each bed, in the drawers, under the sheets and in the hallway but found nothing.

[Ruby] "where...?"

It was then that Pyrrha walked into the room and much to the shock of everyone else, told them everything Ryu had told her the night before. Yang was angry, Blake was worried, Weiss was shocked and Ruby was tearing up.

[Yang] "That- That jerk!"
[Blake] "should we go look for him?"
[Weiss] "what? Why? He left without saying anything to us so obviously he doesn't really think of us as a team."
[Ruby] "Weiss! That-that's not true!?"
[Pyrrha] "he also asked me to tell you something."
[Yang] "better be where his little hidey hole is cause I'm gonna find him and beat some sense into him!"
[Ruby] "Yang!"
[Pyrrha] "he said to tell you he's sorry. Now, when are we going searching?"
[Ruby] "Pyrrha?"
[Pyrrha] "I've already told the rest of my team and they're ready to go. How about you guys?"
[Ruby] "...I'm going."
[Yang] "me too!"
[Blake] "I'll go."
[Weiss] "wha- ugh, fine. I'll go along with this. But only so I can berate him myself."
[Pyrrha] "alright then. We'll meet down by the docks then?"
[Rwby] "Yeah"

- Ryu

I've reached the docks now and a ship just arrived. As I was making my way towards it, a man dressed in a green suit put his hand on my shoulder.

[Ryu] "I need to go Ozpin."
[Ozpin] "and where would you go?"
[Ryu] "...home."
[Ozpin] "you mean that cave you lived in for 14 years?"
[Ryu] "!.. how did you-?"
[Ozpin] "I have many eyes and ears all over remnant. Trust me. The safest place for you and everyone else, is right here at Beacon. She can't get you there."
[Ryu] "how would you know that?"
[Ozpin] "Because I know her, and she won't get her hands dirty unless she absolutely has to."
[Ryu] "wait, you know her?"
[Ozpin] "after Pyrrha came to me and told me everything you said, I realised immediately who the person claiming to be your mother was. Her name is Salem. And she will not have a single student of mine."
[Ryu] "I..."
[Ozpin] "come back home, to your friends, people who care about you. Don't let her win."

This is too much... I touch my hand to my face and feel the tears start to form.

[Ozpin] "look over there... your friends... your family. Have come to bring you home.

What..? I look up and behind Ozpin to see all of team Rwby and Jnpr frantically searching for me dressed in their gear and ready to go. I can't stop them anymore, my tears are falling faster now.

[Ruby] "Ryu! Where are you!?"
[Ozpin] "so? What's your decision?"
[Ryu] "..."

I step out from behind Ozpin and start walking over to the group, stopping when they see me. They all stared towards me, some prepared to run over, some had relieved looks while some were concerned. The only one I was paying attention to though, was Ruby, she had a smile on her face and tears rolling down her cheeks. She started walking over to me and there was only one thing I could say to her.

[Ryu] "I'm sorry..."

[Ruby] "I know..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.9K 1.2K 20
Volume 3 of Rwby: Child of Grimm. After a fierce battle protecting Vale from the Grimm escaping the tunnels, everyone is now busy preparing for the...
3.5K 19 18
Y/N Rose. A boy born with Silver eyes just like his mother (Summer Rose). When he was a young child, he was viewed as a child Prodigy due to the fact...
6K 230 29
Here is the fourth volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing RWBY series.) (Discl...
121K 2.4K 22
Volume 2 of Rwby: Child of Grimm. After Ryu's search for Blake ends in him being on the receiving end of his own blade, his mind is filled with noth...