Memento (BoyxBoy)

By FrozenEscence

(Book 1 in the Memento series) All Adrian had to do was remember, but how could he remember if he didn't wa... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 11

1.1K 73 7
By FrozenEscence

-Zach's POV-

I sat at my usual table, waiting for Adrian, while I typed away on my computer. Ever since I found out Adrian had a journal, I wanted to make one myself. It was silly really, but I held onto it. I still wrote in my journal, even though he didn't.

If only there was a way he could remember, things could go back to normal and we could be happy again.

I thought I could cope with my decision, but it proved to be harder than I thought.

He loves me. The bond is too strong between us and I pushed, forcing my way through when I knew it was dangerous. I couldn't do it anymore, I couldn't pretend. I need him, I love him.

Someone sat down opposite me at the table, but it wasn't my love. The aura was different, but I still knew it, after all everybody knew him.

"Gabriel, what can I do for you?" I asked, closing the laptop. I couldn't stop my eyes from glancing around the cafeteria, in search for the only person I really wanted to see right now.

"Adrian's figured it out."

"He remembers?" I asked, my eyes growing wide as I stared at the boy in front of me, hope growing strongly in my chest.

"No, but I think he's found a way to remember."

My eyes narrowed on him, oh no. What has he done?

"What have you done, Gabriel?"

"I haven't DONE anything. Adrian said it was a spell that was cast on the amulet."

"So, what do we do? We don't know how to remove the spell."

"Adrian said there's something written on the amulet. The engravings being different from the original amulet him mother gave him."

"Okay so what does the amulet say?"

"He doesn't know, he can't read our language."

"W-what?" I swallowed down nervously.

"Yeah, the spell really does wipe everything from your memory. I didn't even think it was possible to forget a language."

"We didn't think it was possible to forget your keeper either."

I sighed, pushing away the pain and getting to the point. I needed to know Adrian was okay.

"So where is Adrian now?"

"He forgot the amulet at home, I told him to go get it."

"What?!"

"If the amulet holds the spell, then it's important and needs to be looked after. Anything could happen to it at his house."

"IF the amulet does hold the spell, then that makes it dangerous. There could be people after it, you could have just put Adrian in danger."

I was freaking out, and unfortunately for Gabriel, he was on the other end of my outburst, but I couldn't help it, us Soul Wakers are very protective of our keepers.

"Calm down, there's no way anybody could know the pendent was left there."

"You didn't see the pendent, Gabriel. I saw it, I saw it glow with power and light."

"What?" He breathed the word out, looking at me in surprise and...fear.

"I knew there was something up with that amulet in the locker room. I saw it glowing with life before I left, and then next thing I know Adrian's in the hospital saying he heard a piercing ringing. His ears were bleeding, Gabriel! He was screaming silently in pain."

"When did this happen?" He frowned

"I don't know, a couple weeks ago."

"We need to get to his house, now!"

Gabriel jumped up from where he sat at the table, rushing towards the cafeteria doors, with me hot on his heels.

"What's going on?" I asked desperately, trying not to let the worry consume me, but he was freaking me out.

"What happened to Adrian a couple weeks ago is what happens to me every day. It's not as strong, the ringing isn't as loud or maybe I'm just used to it. We don't fully understand what it means but it's connected to your keeper. It... It could mean..."

"One of us is going to die," I whispered, my chest feeling heavy. No! I refuse. I broke into a sprint as I ran towards my car.

I jumped in the driver's seat while Gabriel quickly climbed in next to me.

Pulling out of the school parking lot, I sped towards Adrian's house, probably gaining a dozen speeding tickets along the way but I didn't care. I pulled up in front of his house, seeing his car in the driveway.

Running into the house, the front door was already open. I tried not to let panic overtake me as bad images flashed through my head. My eyes locked on the stairs, but I was too scared to take them. What if?

Gabriel placed a hand on my shoulder, giving it a light squeeze before he made his way upstairs. I followed behind him, slowly and quietly. He pushed open Adrian's bedroom door and I heard a gasp leave his mouth.

"Adrian?"

I peaked around Gabriel to see my love, staring down at the floor, a mixture of confusion and justice on his face.

On the floor lay a man, clearly dead. He wore a purple cloak, just like Jaxson did, he really was a nasty piece of work. I stepped into the room, my eyes locked on Adrian as he just stood, staring.

"Adrian?" I called, his eyes locked on mine for a moment before turning back to the lifeless man.

"How did I do that?" He asked, bringing his hands up to examine them.

"You're a knight, Adrian," Gabriel spoke. I couldn't seem to find my voice, so I just stared at the beautiful boy in front on me.

He nodded his head, trying to take everything in. I know his head was probably full of questions, but he didn't ask them.

Instead, he stepped forward towards the body and bent down, picking up the amulet that lay beside him.

His eyes trained on me, while my body shook in fear, but also relief at seeing he was okay.

Adrian stepped closer to me, his hand coming up to gently brush against my face.

"It's gonna be okay, baby," he assured me through a mind-link.

I stared at him in shock, but he just smiled slightly before handing the amulet to Gabriel.

His eyes skimmed over the writing before a look of confusion appeared on his face. And all I could do was watch in horror as he shrugged, before throwing the amulet at full force towards the wall.

"No!" Adrian and I both screamed at the same time, as we watched the amulet fly towards the wall, before it shattered into a million pieces.

We all stood there, silent, waiting to see what would happen next, but nothing ever did.

"Well that's awkward, what did you do that for?" Adrian asked, acting way calmer than he really should be.

"It said break me, so I broke it." Gabriel shrugged.

"Siyta igla buscoot."

"What?" Gabriel and I both stared at him in shock.

"I said, this is ridiculous."

"Yes, you did, but you said it in Ceixean."

"In what?" Adrian asked confused, causing Gabriel to roll his eyes and cringe before he spoke again.

"The...weird language we speak."

"Oh right, how could I have said in it that? I don't know how to speak your language."

"You heard that right, Zach? I'm not going any crazier, am I?" Gabriel turned to face me, looking irritated.

"I heard it," I reassured him.

"Maybe it just takes a while?" Gabriel suggested.

"So, what, we wait?" Adrian asked, taking a seat in his computer chair, he began to spin around in circles, his eyes falling closed.

"I guess..." I was sceptical, worried, but the familiar sound of Adrian singing caressed my ears.

He always loved music, all genres and sounds, and he never bothered to hide it, listening to music wherever he went, and singing along to his favourites.

Throughout the song a light was forming, seeming like it was coming from Adrian's body, wrapping him in light. It was stunningly beautiful.

I hadn't heard Adrian sing in a long time, he used to sing all the time until he lost his memory. I missed it, I missed everything about him.

Gabriel watched on in fascination along with me, he was just as amazed as I was. Neither of us had ever witnessed something like this before, and hopefully we'd never have to again.

Adrian finished singing, falling quiet as he stopped spinning in the chair, his eyes shut, and a look of contentment on his face as the light finally died out.

-Adrain's POV-

My eyes remained closed as the all too familiar words poured from my lips. I knew the song well, Zach always loved when I sang to him, though it would embarrass him to no end.

Everything seemed to come back to me all at once. My memories that had been so devastatingly taken from me, leaving me with nothing but the hollow shell that I didn't recognise.

So many memories filled my mind. The first time I had met Zach, in that classroom two years ago. Years of training beside Kaden-my best friend.

My home, my parents, my family, my friends, my keeper. They all came back. Teasing Kaden as his right-hand man, the man I looked up to and trusted.

My parents who loved me no matter how hyper or annoying I was. Zach would describe me as excitable.

Jaxson and his men attacking Galtolga. The King, myself and his men working to protect our home.

My parents sacrificing themselves to save me, their son.

My job, working beside the King. I had spent my whole life working toward achieving that, and I was so proud of how far I have come.

Zach practically lived with me with how little time we spent apart. I treasured every moment I shared with him, and everybody knew how strongly I felt for him. I didn't hide it, I wouldn't hide it.

My whole life, taken from me within a single moment.

How could I ever forget my Keeper? The love of my life. How dare he take those from me.

I wanted to be angry, but the emotion wouldn't stick. The memories can back in troves, happy moments throughout my life that had me feeling content.

Zach! I need my Keeper.

-Zach's POV-

His eyes popped open and shone with life, he jumped up from his computer chair, coming to stand in front of Gabriel.

He placed his hand over his heart, light pouring from his hand as Gabriel screwed up his face in pain, but the pain soon faded, replaced with a look I'd never seen on Gabriel's face before, contentment.

"Thank you," Gabriel whispered, looking genuinely happy for the first time, ever.

"Thank you!" Adrian spoke, before he said something to Gabriel only he could hear, I could tell he was talking, because what other reason would he have to stare at him?

Gabriel smiled one last time at Adrian and I, before walking towards the body that lay on the ground. His hand pressed against his back and they both teleported back to Galtolga, I watched as they both vanished in a beam of light.

I turned to see Adrian staring at me, his eyes bright silver and full of love. My breathing hitched, I thought I'd never see him look at me that way again.

A huge smile broke out on his face as he stepped towards me, stepping so close that our foreheads touched. He inhaled softly, taking in my scent.

Could this really be happening? Was he back? My arms wrapped around his neck and he buried his face in the crook of my neck, his tongue tasting me.

"Ahh-" I clung to Adrian, never wanting to let go as his nose ran along my neck, and up to my ear, nibbling and licking, causing me to squirm in his arms but he didn't let go, just held me tighter, pressing me into a hug as his hands roamed my body.

"Miss me?" He whispered into my hair, his fingers running through it. In return I brushed my fingers through his own hair, a slightly lighter brown than mine.

"You have no idea," I whispered back, loving the feel of him so close to me. His hands explored my body, feeling, remembering every part of me.

Adrian was taking advantage of having his powers back, well technically he didn't lose them, he just forgot he had them, but he was definitely taking advantage of remembering.

He made the room dim, as the ceiling was replaced with stairs. Soft music began playing in the background, cheesy love songs that Adrian loved way too much.

His hands fell around my waist, mine still locked tightly around his neck. He began to move, swaying us around gently.

My cheeks flushed and I froze, too embarrassed to move. Adrian brought my hand up to his mouth, placing a tender kiss there.

"Come on, baby. It's me, remember?" He winked at me, placing his hands on either side of my head. My eyes locked with his and I couldn't look away, I was trapped in a trance and I loved it.

I smiled brightly. Intertwining my hands with his, he returned my smile, his forehead falling against mine once more.

"Dance with me," he whispered, and so I did. We moved together in sync, twisting and twirling, swaying and swerving to some cheesy love song and we laughed the whole time.

It had been a long time since Adrian and I shared a dance, but Adrian loved it when we did, and that made me incredibly happy.

The song eventually came to a stop, playing the next song on the list but Adrian stopped dancing, pulling me with him towards the bed.

We sat on the edge, staring into each other's eyes. His eyes shone the same shade of silver mine were, as he took my hand in his.

"I'm so sorry I forgot you, baby," he began, but I quickly cut him off.

"You don't have to apologise-"

"Shh, let me speak." I stopped talking and listened to what he had to say, not expecting anything that fell out of his mouth.

"I can't believe I forgot you...
you mean so much to me and I forgot you. I know it was the spell, but with the bond between us I feel like that should be impossible.
But even when I did forget you, and I saw you in so much pain, you carried on, and I'm so proud of you for that because I know how hard it must have been, and honestly, I don't think I would have been able to do the same.
But you did, and that just proves how strong you really are."
His thumb brushed away the tears that had fallen from my eyes, before he continued.

"But even with my memory lost, you made me fall in love with you all over again.
That is truly amazing.
I didn't want to remember, I was scared and therefore pushed it aside for the longest time, but you're the only reason I wanted to remember.
You're the reason I went digging for information, and you're the reason I'm back."

"H-how?" I whispered, unable to stop the tears, but he just kept brushing them away, one after the other.

"Remember when you came to mine, we played video games, and watched a movie until I got hungry.
You felt so comfortable around me while I was cooking, that you hugged me from behind.
You set my body on fire, and I had to run from the room just to stop myself from jumping you."

I chuckled, intertwining our fingers together as I listened.

"You followed me into the room after a while, but I still couldn't calm down. Your eyes shone with so much passion I couldn't deny you any longer, I needed you. As everything heated up you begged me to do something, anything. I love it when you do that."

"Don't get distracted." I blushed, my body feeling hot.

"I asked you what you wanted me to do. Do you remember what you said?"

"Remember me," I whispered. I placed my hand over Adrian's heart, feeling it pump against his chest.

"You're the only reason I tried to remember, I couldn't bear seeing you in so much pain, even when I couldn't remember you."

"Adrian..."

"I need you, Zach. You make my heart race, you make me feel emotions I didn't even know I could feel and even when things are at its worst, you stay by my side even if it hurts you." Adrian moved from the bed, coming to kneel in front of me.

"I love you, Zach. I will for as long as I shall live, I want to spend my whole life with you. Me and you, together forever. I'll be there to wipe your tears, to hold you when you're feeling sad, to laugh with you and to cry with you. My heart only beats for you, my love. It doesn't have to be tomorrow or even in a year, it will be when we want it to be, but I've been wanting to ask for the longest time now, I had a plan to ask you, but then everything went down with Jaxson and I forgot everything, so I guess I want to set things in stone now, even though I've only just got my memories back, but I will love you in every world, under every circumstance-"

"My love, you're rambling." I smiled down at him, he looked so nervous as he stared up at me, and I watched him gulp.

"Will you marry me?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 729 47
(Book 3 in the Memento series) Can be read as a stand-alone Kaden didn't know what a happy ending would mean for him, all he could focus on was hi...
106K 6.4K 22
Jasper McKormic understands that Prints are meant to help guide everyone to their perfect match. The black lines that appear on everyone's skin tel...
84.2K 2.4K 18
What if Pete loses his memory instead of Vegas.Will he remember him or forget him.What will Vegas do read and find out. Disclaimer: i dont own the ch...
13.7K 624 19
**Book two of the Mobster Boy series. Must read Mobster Boy to understand properly** Now that Chance has influence of the city and Adrian is official...