The Princess and the Wolf

By Sunshinehappygirl81

If a princess kisses a frog; the frog will turn into a prince. But what happens if a hero falls in love with... More

Chapter One: Blue Eyed Beast
Chapter Two: Archery
Chapter Three: Telma's
Chapter Four: Lord Daltos
Chapter Five: A Strange Sadness
Chapter Six: Trouble Maker
Chapter Seven: Out of the Friend Zone
Chapter Eight: The King of Light and Shadow
Chapter Nine: The Crowning of a Queen
Chapter Ten: "Do Not Think It Ends Here"
Chapter Eleven: Return of Darkness
Chapter Twelve: Lanayru's Spring
Chapter Thirteen: Tears of a Goddess
Chapter Fourteen: Shakespeare Insults
Chapter Fifteen: A Warm Welcome
Chapter Sixteen: Blooming Friendship
Chapter Eighteen: Old Enemies and Old Friends
Chapter Nineteen: Memories
Chapter Twenty: Letting Go
Chapter Twenty-one: The Blade of Evil's Bane
Chapter Twenty-two: Lament
Chapter Twenty-three: Darkness Falls
Chapter Twenty-four: Weakness and Strength
Chapter Twenty-five: The Trap
Chapter Twenty-six: Power
Chapter Twenty-seven: Courage and Wisdom
Author's Note

Chapter Seventeen: The Mirror of Darkness

2K 72 100
By Sunshinehappygirl81

The last light of dusk seeped through Arbiters Grounds. A twisted smile pulled at Lord Daltos' lips as the light of twilight started to fade. In front of him stood a large, tinted black mirror inscribed with ancient text. In the hour of twilight Daltos was able to gather up the remaining shards of the Mirror of Twilight and in the last light of dusk, as if on cue the shards gathered themselves up and created a Mirror of Darkness. A bridge between the Dark Realm and the Light Realm.

Now, Ganondorf's cackling echoed throughout the Mirror Chamber. Now is the time, Daltos. Since Bulbin had failed at the capture of the Queen of Hyrule, I have put my faith in someone else..

Daltos laughed nervously, "Lord Ganondorf, to get to the Queen you have to get through that Hero of Twilight. I am not as skilled as him, and I would surely die if I were to challenge him."

I wasn't meaning you, Ganondorf said coldly. What I meant was that I will give you help. Recently I was able to bring back two of my loyal servants back from the dead. They will help you, since you are physically challenged.

Daltos winced at Ganondorf's harsh words, "Who?"

"Us", a voice said from behind him.

Lord Daltos turned around to come face to face with two men. The one whom the voice belonged to was pale, and wore a long red cape. It looked as if he was wearing purple eyeliner. His white lips curved in a smirk, and a black sword was at his hip. The man in his left was wearing Twili garb and a large helmet that resembled a lizard. The man took the helmet off, revealing his face. He had striking red hair and yellow eyes.

"Um", Daltos eyed them nervously, "Hello?"

"It's me", Ghirahim, the man on the right finished his sentence with a deep laugh.

"What", Daltos asked with a puzzled expression on his face.

The Twili man, Zant waved his hand, "Don't mind him, he just will start singing random songs. He's kind of an idiot."

"Uh, no", Ghirahim grumbled. "You forgot. I'm a fabulous idiot."

Shut up, both of you, Ganondorf growled. Get to work. I'm getting tired of waiting to gain power again.

"Of course", Zant replied. "We'll get to work right away."

Good, Ganondorf sighed with annoyance.

"So", Ghirahim rubbed with gloved hands together eagerly. "Where do we go first?"

"Well, Queen Zelda and Link went on a trip to cure the Spirit Springs (in which I ruined myself). By now I'd think they would be in the Ordona Province, probably in Ordon Village", Daltos said proudly.

Zant conjured up two swords with glowing green markings, "Let's get going then."
____________________________________________________________________

It had been a week that Link and Zelda had been in Ordon Village. All in all, it was enjoyable. Link would bring Zelda to play with the children and Zelda would insist on watching Link heard goats.

That afternoon Zelda watched in awe as Link hearded a large group of goats in the barn under less than two minutes. Link jumped off Epona and ran over to Zelda. "You have a gift", Zelda stated with a smile as Link ran to her.

"You call hearding goats a gift", Link chuckled. "I'm touched."

"It's something I can't do", Zelda shrugged.

A smirk graced Link's face, "I'd actually really want to see you try to heard goats..."

"No", Zelda laughed. "I don't think I want to do that. I'll leave the hearding to you, thank you very much."

"Aww, you're no fun sometimes", Link smiled.

Zelda smirked at him, "Aww, sometimes you suggest that I should do things that would break my neck."

"I don't think you could break your neck hearding goats", Link lied. But Fado, who was always around Ordon Ranch, popped up behind them. "I broke my neck on the ranch", Fado stated. "That's why I have you heard the goats..."

Zelda erupted in laughter while Link's face flushed red. Fado just stared at the two, and shrugged, "I don't know what's going on now. See you around."

Fado walked across the field and opened the gate. In time he was gone. Link turned to Zelda, "So, do you want to look at the goats?"

"I'd love to", Zelda cheered. "I'd think they're adorable."

"Just like you", Link teased her.

Zelda giggled, "Aw, how sweet of you. And you're as cute as a blue eyed beast."

"I wouldn't say I'm cute", Link laughed. "I'm a handsome blue eyed beast.

Zelda shrugged, "Goes both ways."

"You can say that", Link said as he led Zelda towards the barn where he hearded the Ordon Goats only minutes ago.

They spent about half an hour looking at the goats, mainly because of Zelda. She didn't dare to part with a particular baby goat, who was fond of scratching behind his ears. But eventually Link was able to get her out of there. He was amused by the way Zelda spoke to the goats as if she was speaking to a baby, which resulted in Link unsuccessfully suppressing a laugh.

That night Link and Zelda were invited to dinner at Rusl and Uli's house. Colin was ecstatic about having Link over, due to the fact he basically idolized the guy. After dinner they all made small talk.

"So how is being General of the Hylian Army", Rusl asked Link who was playing with Colin's little sister, Tetri, who was born a little after the Twilight Invasion ended.

"It's nice", Link replied. "It was fun to take up the challenge of perfecting the Hylian Army."

Zelda laughed, "Yeah. Thanks for that. If Zant or Ganondorf came around again I'm sure their forces would find it more challenging to invade Hyrule again."

Rusl slapped Link on the back, "I'm proud of you, Link. All the training I gave you as a child payed off!"

"Is it true that you raised Link", Zelda asked.

Rusl smiled, "That's correct, Your Grace. And he was a handful."

Link chuckled, "You're still not going to forget that time I tried to run off in forest in search of the Korkiri."

"Never", Rusl smirked.

Uli came into the room and took Tetri in her arms, "It's time to go to bed, Colin."

Colin was sitting on the ground playing with his toy knights which Link gave him a long time ago. Obediently Colin got off from the floor and followed his mother out of the room, "Goodnight Link, Dad, and Queen Zelda!"

"Goodnight", Rusl ruffled his son's hair.

"See you tomorrow", Link told Colin.

"It was nice meeting you, Colin", Zelda called.

After Uli and Colin left the room Rusl turned to Link and Zelda, "Are you planning on going to Ordona's Spring tommorow?"

Link nodded, "Zelda's feeling better and she's up to it. We plan on curing Ordona's Spring tommorow."

Rusl leaned back in his chair and sighed, "Thank goodness. I'm not sure why, but it seems like.... I don't know. Never mind."

"No", Zelda said in a serious tone. "What were you going to say?"

Rusl sighed, "I had the same feeling before the Twilight Invasion. A feeling of unease among Faron Woods. Even the monkeys have been getting jumpy."

Link forced a nervous laugh, "Well, monkeys are kinda jumpy. It's in their nature."

Zelda shook her head, "Link, I think Rusl has a point. Remember when we were traveling here and we were attacked by King Bulbin? I'm afraid this is serious."

"You're right", Link solemnly agreed. "We should of listened to Lanayru's warning. You know, take it more seriously."

"Woah, woah, woah", Rusl waved his hands. "What are you two talking about?! You were attacked by the same monster that raided our village a year ago, you're just telling me right now?! And what was Lanayru's warning anyways?!"

"Lanayru told us that Ganondorf was still alive. He must be trying to heal. Maybe he can't enter Hyrule just yet. He probably needs some kind of gateway", Zelda theorized.

"But I killed him!" Link growled. "He died right in front of our eyes!"

"True. Perhaps he died, but his essence still lived. Ganondorf was able to convince Zant to help him in his quest to blot out the light. So maybe this time he was able to convince another person to help him", Zelda said.

Rusl's eyes narrowed in thought, "The question is: Who would be so power hungry to help a vile and evil man like Ganondorf?"

"I'm not sure. But whoever it is we need to find him and stop him", Link said in determination.

"Daltos", Zelda gasped.

Link and Rusl just stared at her. "Who", they said in unison.

"Lord Daltos", Zelda explained. "He seemed jumpy around me when I met with the council to put Auru in charge while I was away. He didn't even argue with me! In fact I saw him drop a book, something about Hyrule's history."

"Maybe he just wanted to learn more about Hyrule", Rusl shrugged. "He is a council member after all..."

"How can you be sure", Link asked Zelda. "I mean, the guy is a jerk, but maybe Rusl is right."

"When Daltos dropped the book, I picked it up and tried to give it back to him. But he was already gone. He bookmarked a page in that book", Zelda explained.

Link was starting to get curious, "What did the page say?"

Zelda's eyes widened in realization, "How could I be so blind?! I never gave it much thought with everything on my mind with all this craziness happening!"

"What do you mean", Rusl inquired.

"The page Daltos bookmarked talked about Demise, Ganondorf's godly form. The person he was before he cursed the Hero and the Goddess Reborn into a never ending cycle of rebirth", Zelda explained. "Link was the Hero, I was the Goddess Reborn. The text went on to say that in the past Ganondorf had sought the help of people who wanted power-"

A large crash sounded from outside, cutting Zelda off. The three sat in silence.

"I think it's time we heed Lanayru's warning", Link said quietly.

Author's Note
Thanks for reading this veeeeeeerrry long chapter😊. And yes, of course I had to put Ghirahim in this story👑

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 3.1K 46
A story which both Zelda fans and people who don't even know what Nintendo is can enjoy. It's a princess's dream to be swooped away by her knight in...
43.1K 1.5K 62
When Zelda is forced to marry a tyrant that would bring her country to ruin, she lashes out at her new husband. The new King plots against her so he...
33.2K 1.1K 60
Calamity Ganon has been defeated. All is well in Hyrule and it would seem that Link and Zelda's troubles are finally over. However, not all is as it...
55.2K 655 46
《COMPLETE》 - Note: this series is under ongoing editing - Before the Calamity, there were no troubles to face, no hardships, and no sacrifices that...