Tears

By thelion_

❝Dear pillow, sorry for all the tears.❞ A short story about a girl who is broken, and a boy who fixes her... More

»prologue«
01 » alone
02 » suicide
03 » ketchup
04 » weak
05 » tainted
06 » depressed
07 » 'happy'
09 » fog
10 » tears
11 » teach
10 » things
11 » opposite
12 » smoked
13 » kiss
14 » left
15 » together
16 » gone
»epilogue«

08 » drugs

888 54 11
By thelion_

.... { " Please, no more drugs. " }

My fingers tightened around the bottle as I entered my house. I found Amy sitting on the couch in the living room staring at the wall, obviously lost in thought as she snuggled with a pillow. I walked over to her and sat down, also grabbing a pillow and hugging it.

"Did you get the antidepressants?" Amy asked, her head still focused on the wall.

"Yeah," I replied holding up the bottle. "I did."

"Good. They'll help you, Ember, you need to know that."

"But what if they don't help?" I muttered to myself, hoping that my big sister didn't hear me.

"They will, Em." She said and I bit my lip, staring down at the bottle.

How will they help me? Will there be any regretful side effects? Will try work on me? These questions ran through my mind as I ran my fingers over the label. This is what my life has come down to, taking pills to be 'happy'.

The front door suddenly sung open and my mum appeared. Her eyes found mine and she stared at me with a puzzled face. "Ember? Who's car is out the front?" When I didn't answer, her eyes slowly moved towards Amy. "What is she doing here?" Mum's venomous words made Amy flinch slightly, then she put on a blank facade.

"I came to take are of my sister, something you clearly cannot do." Amy stood strong against my mum, and the tension in the air suffocated me.

Mum rolled her eyes. "I can take care of my own daughter," she said and turned to me, holding up a thick envelope. "I've got the money to solve all our problems."

She threw the envelope at me and I caught it, then opened the seal. I thought my jaw was about to hit the floor. "There's four thousand dollars in here!"

"What? Let me see." Amy said, walking over to me and snatching the money off me. "Where did you get this from?" She asked my mum.

"That's none of your business." Mum answered and folded her arms.

Amy laughed sarcastically and shoved the envelope back to mum. "It doesn't matter, because I know exactly where you got this from. You sold some drugs, didn't you? Your work couldn't possibly give you this much money so quickly because you're so stoned all the time to even show up--"

"Shut up! I did what was right. At least I can take care of Ember without you." Mum interrupted, her eyes blazing with rage.

"You call this caring? You never gave a shit about what happened to us, you just wanted to get high! I swear to god mum, I will take Ember away from you and then you'll have nothing."

"You know what Amy? You're a--"

"Enough!" I screamed, making the house go quiet as mum and Amy stared at me in surprise. "I'm sick of the fighting! All you two do is fight, and I'm tired of it!" I turned to mum and she gazed at me with guilty eyes. "Please mum, no more drugs. Just stop it." I begged her with all my heart. I just wanted it all to stop. I wanted our family to be together again.

Mum gave me an apologetic look and sighed. "I can't Em, I just can't do it."

I clenched my fists together and gritted my teeth in anger. I couldn't even talk anymore, so without saying a word, I ran out the front door, my bottle of antidepressants in my hands. I bolted away from all the madness and escaped to a peaceful place.

( where do you think Ember will escape to? Do you think what her mum is doing is right? Comment you thoughts :) Oh, and thanks so much guys for the 200+ reads, I love you all! Dedication to honest commenter )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 37.8K 71
"𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲, 𝐄𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐞. 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲...
251K 7.1K 24
Every good girl falls for the bad boy. That's like some unwritten rule that always seems to be respected. But what if he isn't a bad boy, just looks...
931 14 19
This is Erin's story. [Completed.]
1.9M 46.5K 74
'"Can you spread your legs a little farther for me, baby?" he asks me, his voice a low whisper. I nod, doing exactly as I'm told, and he bites down o...