Oath

By bangtan-yeonghon

Genre: Angst | Mafia!AU Members: Jungkook | You/Reader | Yoongi | Taehyung | Namjoon | Hoseok | Jin | Jimin... More

Character Profile
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23.2
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Final Chapter

Chapter 23.1

700 33 8
By bangtan-yeonghon

2 DAYS BEFORE THE INCIDENT

"What do you mean you lost them?! Are you fucking stupid?! You incompetent shits are good for nothing!"

"We are sorry, boss! He saw us coming."

"Of course he did, you idiot! He's been a member of the group ever since he was child, he knows how we do things. Don't ever underestimate him, and cut it with the excuses, they make me sick!"

"What should we do now?"

"What should you do? You should go shoot yourself, you idiot! Bring them here!"

"Yes, sir!"

The sound of the phone hitting the hard wood of the desk covered Namjoon's low growls. What he hated the most was people failing to do their job, and lately that was happening too often.

"These bastards..."

He poured himself a drink and took a seat on his black leather chair, looking out the window. He had come back to the headquarters after Jungkook fled with you, leaving his boys to do the job. The sun was already up in the sky, making that another one of the countless sleepless nights on his list. With Jungkook finding you again, his plans were close to being destroyed. You would probably tell him about the pictures you found in his office and from there he would start to piece everything together, eventually finding the truth. If Black Tiger found out as well, his chances of becoming the leader would go to trash. He took another sip of the drink and clenched his jaw. The phone rang again. The same number as before.

"What now?! You better have good news."

"Sir, we found Jungkook's car."

"Great. Did you get them too?"

" Well, about that...it seems like he went with one of Yoongi's men."

"What the fuck did you say? Did you just say you lost them again?!"

"I am sorry sir! When we arrived we saw him getting in some other car. And then as I looked better I saw it was one of Yoongi's men."

"You useless piece of shit!! I told you to do just a simple thing and you can't even do that?! How could you let them go with him? You are dead. You heard me?! I don't even want to listen to your bullshit anymore. Come back to the base right now!"

He threw the phone right into the wall, making it break into pieces, his angry screams shaking the whole building.

"Jeon Jungkook!!"

The door flew open, Seokjin making his way in just as Namjoon was pouring another drink.

"What happened? I heard about the commotion at the hotel."

Namjoon's tired eyes traced back to the man standing in front of his desk. He was not surprised by his appearance, if anything it made him calm down a little.

"You saw that?"

"It's all over the news. You covered that one nicely."

"Yeah, I want to take care of this by myself, no police."

"So you'll pay Yoongi back?"

"Be sure I will. Look at this shit," he pulled a small device out of his pocket. "That bitch had the guts to put a mic in my office."

"Damn...seems like Yoongi is one step ahead this time."

"Of course he would, when I'm working with idiots. Guess what? They lost Jungkook."

"What? No way..."

"He's probably on the way to Yoongi's place right as we speak."

"Are you serious right now?"

"Do you think I would fucking joke?"

"That's bad."

"No shit!"

"What's the plan?"

"I don't know. I have to think," he picked up his glass, took a sip and then spoke in a low, threatening tone. "Y/N...that bitch..." his grip grew tighter and tighter until the glass shattered, glass cutting into his skin. Blood was dripping from his fist as Seokjin's eyes grew larger. He released the shards along with a deep sigh.

"Namjoon-ah!" Jin grabbed his hand and looked at the wound.

"I'll kill them," he chuckled, "I'll kill them all."

"I need to disinfect and bandage this. Sit on the sofa while I bring my stuff."

"Min Yoongi...just wait and see."

"Keep that for later, now try not to cut yourself even more."

"Weird."

"What?"

"You caring for me."

"I'm a doctor. Isn't that what doctors do?"

"I thought you were my friend."

"That comes second."

"It's good...to have a friend who's a doctor."

"That cut must've affected your brain. You're not thinking straight. Wait here!"

Namjoon let his body fall lazily on the sofa. He rested his elbows on his knees as he looked at the thin shards that were still buried deep into his flesh. They were glowing under the rays of the sun as blood was rushing down his arm. It did not hurt, nor was it disgusting, in his eyes it was somehow beautiful. Jin took great care in removing each and every little piece of glass left and bandaged it nicely before moving on to fixing his phone.

"Here you go! You'll need to buy another one because this one looks like shit now, but it's still working."

"I have another one in my room."

"You're not expecting me to go and get it, are y-" just as he was talking, the broken screen of the phone lit up.

[Boss]

They both froze. It was clear that Black Tiger heard the news, and there was no chance he would have been happy about it. Namjoon clenched his jaw and picked it up.

"Yes, sir?"

"Kim Namjoon, how the fuck are you doing your job??"

"I am sorry, sir! I sent my boys after them, but they slipped between their fingers."

"How come Yoongi can get them, but you can't? Out of all the people...he is in Yoongi's hands."

"I am sorry, sir! I will get him back!"

"You better do that if you still want to lead this group. Bring Jungkook back safe! I will not tolerate any more mistakes! Never forget your whole life is in my hands, Namjoon-ah."

"I will never dare to, sir!"

"This is your last chance!"

"Perfectly understood, sir! I will not let you down!"

"You'd better not."

The call ended just like that, leaving Namjoon with a growing feeling of rage.

"Min Yoongi..."

"Is it that bad?"

"Get up, we have work to do," he was making his way to the door as he spoke.

"Seems like the war is starting..."

Namjoon's steps could be heard throughout the whole hallway, followed by Jin's. Just as they were stepping out of the building, a man approached them, falling at Namjoon's feet.

"Please forgive me, boss! It will not happen again."

Namjoon scoffed, hand gliding to the gun he had hidden behind his back. He crouched next to the man and grabbed him by the back of his neck, pulling him closer as he whispered in his ear.

"You know what I hate a hell fucking lot? Good-for-nothing people. You know what I hate even more? People wasting my time with their empty apologies."

"N-no, no..."

He stood up and looked into that man's eyes. They were wide and shaking. He pointed his gun right between them as Jin watched from behind shocked by how cold and heartless Namjoon was. He just pressed the trigger without any trace of hesitation and walked by the dead body lying on the pavement as if it was nothing. That was the beast inside of him that came to the surface. Jin always had to be careful around him when he was in this state. He just followed him silently, signaling to the other men to clean the mess left behind. Namjoon pulled out the car keys from his pocket and threw them at Jin.

"You drive. I'm tired."

"Oh, ok."

"Where are we going?"

"I need a new phone."

"Didn't you just say you had another one in your room?"

"That one won't do."

"Ok...What about Jungkook? Got any plan?"

"I think I do," he smiled.

1 DAY BEFORE THE INCIDENT

"Namjoon, come to my office, I need to have a word with you."

Black Tiger's voice sounded harsh trough the phone, making Namjoon freeze for a second or two, thinking of how this conversation will go. It was not going to be pleasing, that was for sure. It has been a long while since he came to Black Tiger's office. The house was in the most famous neighborhood, the one where only people of high status and celebrities lived. Its luxury was overwhelming, just the typical 'rich owner trying to show off his wealth' kind, but most of the people there had no idea that at times horrible things happened between those walls. At least that is how they would be classified in their world, but in the mafia world they were the norm, especially when it came to punishments. Black Tiger was notorious for taking the job in his hands with his close subordinates, so they knew that being invited into his house after making a wrong step would only mean one thing. He was not the forgiving type, nor was he the warmest person out there, gaining more reputation to his name. He was feared by subordinates and enemies alike.

And now Namjoon was waiting outside the golden gates of the mansion in a black Bentley, trying to keep his calm. The wheels started moving slowly as the gates opened. There were men dressed in suits guarding the whole place, and it was quite the large property. He stepped out of the car and adjusted his suit as he looked at the big door in front of him. One man escorted him to Black Tiger's office which was on the second floor. There were two more guards next to the door, one of them was smirking as if he knew that Namjoon messed something up.

"What are you simpering at?" Namjoon was hovering over him, look as sharp as knives.

Namjoon was well known between Black Tiger's men, especially since everyone was jealous over the fact that he was the first in line to be the next leader. And as news traveled fast, they all knew he not only failed to catch the girl, he also lost Jungkook and to Yoongi's men at that. The doors opened and the man guided Namjoon inside before disappearing behind them.

"Boss..."

"Any news?" Black Tiger was sitting comfortably on his armchair, smoking some expensive looking cigar, his voice was cold but calm.

"Not yet. I have sent my men out to trace Yoongi's moves, but no sign of Jungkook."

"So what's the plan?"

"I heard the girl is badly injured, so I was thinking of using that to our gain. An eye for an eye, you know..."

"How exactly are you going to do that?"

"I will lure Yoongi and his men out of the house and search the whole place for Jungkook and the girl."

"He has men in every corner. He's not stupid."

"I got that covered," Namjoon smirked.

"Come here!" He lazily signaled with two fingers as he placed his elbows on the desk. "Closer," he said when Namjoon was right in front of him. There was no place to go further leaving him no other option but to lean over the desk. Black Tiger's hand flew behind his neck, pulling him closer to make sure he hears every word clearly. "You better succeed this time, Namjoon-ah," his whispers were heavy, his eyes dark and cold. "No more mistakes!" A muted scream was barely heard from the room when Black Tiger pressed the burning cigar on Namjoon's hand. "You heard me?"

"Yes, boss!" Namjoon answered when he was released.

"Good. You're free to go," he leaned back into his chair.

The burnt meat smell and the strong stinging feel followed Namjoon all the way back to the headquarters. So did his rage. Being embarrassed in front of his boss and subordinates was feeding his hate towards Yoongi's group and his greed for Black Tiger's spot.

"I'll be sitting on that chair one day, and when that day comes you will all be at my feet, begging for mercy. You just wait!" he clenched his fist, the pain making him groan.

His steps were heavy and his whole aura was dark, the sign of a man that should not be messed with. He ignored everyone in his way, even Jin who seemed worried about his new wound, and locked himself in the office. And for the rest of the day and all throughout the night those door remained tightly shut.

Black clouds were covering the sky that night, giving everything an eerie feeling. There was no rain, no wind, only an overwhelming tension in the air, enough to make you feel it in your chest. And it was reaching its climax in some dusty room underneath the ground, where a game of life and death was taking place.

"Shoot."

The short second before you pressed the trigger felt like ages. The pain in your heart amplified so much it was hard to breathe. Your blurry vision was not helping either. You needed a clear sight to make sure he does not end up dead by your mistake. Your whole body went cold as your eyes met one last time. And then, for a brief moment, everything fell into silence. It was the calm before the storm, a painting where even time seemed to stop. In the end the sound of the gun going off took over the whole room, making everything shake as the bullet cut through air and flesh.

Taehyung's eyes were peeking at Jungkook from underneath his long bangs, an evil smile spreading across his face when he heard the gunshot. He nuzzled his nose into your neck and gave it a short kiss before tenderly biting the soft skin.

"Agh!" Jungkook's tired scream made your heart sink and Taehyung's head snap back up. Blood was gushing down his arm and chest like a waterfall.

"Oh, the shoulder. That's kind of weak, Y/N. I've had higher expectations," Taehyung said, his hand never leaving yours. "Like this," he yanked your hand and pointed the gun at Jungkook's head, "or this," he moved the target to his heart.

Your heart skipped a beat every time he did that. He could feel you shaking under his touch, and although he knew you deserved this, there was something deep inside him that made him stop. He already did enough.

"But this? I mean, it's good and everything, but not satisfactory. Anyway, you did well, sweetheart," he brought his lips closer to your ear and whispered "but next time, you'll have to live up to my standards. Do you get what I mean?"

You gave a short nod and gulped.

"Good girl!"

He gave you a peck as tears started to fall down your cheeks. Your eyes were stuck on Jungkook. You could see the veins on his neck and forehead as pain was slowly killing him. His breaths were heavy, accompanied here and there by groans. You felt Taehyung's fingers sliding over yours, trying to get a hold of the gun, and for a second you were afraid to hand it over, but your body was too weak to fight back. Your hand fell to your side as soon as he took the weapon. You were fighting back the tears with all your might, wondering why it hurt you so much, to the point you would have rather taken the shot. The moment he slowly rose his head and looked at you, you felt as if the weight of the world landed on your shoulders, making you fall on your knees. Taehyung's eyes followed you, a trace of shock still lingering seconds after your weak body gave in; he placed the gun in its rightful place and took off his shirt, carefully covering your cold back with it. You felt his strong arms pulling you up, and as soon as you were back on your feet he started dressing you up like a child. Your teary eyes looked at him, but he avoided them, paying more attention to the buttons of the shirt. You waited until he was done, staring at his bare chest. Your mind was completely empty, but it seemed as if theirs were filled with hundreds of thoughts racing, smashing against every corner, and making way for others, a disturbing silence taking over the room.

"You- got what you wanted- now let her- go..." Jungkook begged.

You tried to look at him, but Taehyung made you face him. He was visibly angered by Jungkook's intervention, but his eyes softened a bit when he saw your pale face and felt how cold you were.

"We're done here. You can go, Y/N. Go straight to your room, and don't get out till I come, understood?"

Just like expected, his last words were harsh. You nodded. The thing you wanted most was to get out of there, to forget everything that happened that night. You turned around without looking back and dragged your feet across the dirty floor to the exit. Jungkook and Taehyung were focusing on your every step, adding to the pressure you already felt deep within. A wave of relief washed over Jungkook when you disappeared behind the metal door. With each step you took up the stairs, you felt freed from the chains that were wrapped around your chest, but at the same time suffocated by the strong feelings that were now hitting you one by one. The sun was already creeping from behind the trees when you got out, and the fresh air was calming your aching heart. You looked at the luxuriant vegetation thriving around of this horrible chamber, the drops of water that were making the grass sparkle under the soft rays of the morning sun, and then at the fading darkness in the distance. It was as if everything was whispering into your ear: "run".Oh, and how much you wanted to. Just one step, two steps, then a little faster,and then losing your trace in the forest. The unknown was lying right in front of you, your steps could lead to salvation or doom, the only thing holding you back was fear. And still, the desire to run was stronger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

279K 10.8K 37
Your brother seems to enjoy hiding you away from the world. From being home schooled, to having no friends, and no social life, you brother doesn't s...
20.6K 978 36
Requests (Open✅ | Closed) Have you ever wondered 'how your wedding with Jungkook will be like?' or 'How, you, a mafia leader found yourself dating...
752K 34.3K 40
"Does my babygirl deserve it?" -~-~|•|~-~- A one night stand. That's all it was. Taehyung wouldn't call himself someone who only has one nights stand...
275K 13.8K 29
Taehyung was living the dream. Loving family. A day away from debuting as an idol, living his dream. The best part? He had the love of his life right...