Path To Retaliation (Fighter'...

By TheFeveredBookaholic

*Warning: LABELLED MATURE. Due to sexual content and graphic language, this book is recommended for readers 1... More

Author's Note
Dedications
Prologue - Cameron
Chapter 1 - Avery
Chapter 2 - Cameron
Chapter 4 - Cameron
Chapter 5 - Avery
Chapter 6 - Cameron
Chapter 7 - Avery
Chapter 8 - Cameron
Chapter 9 - Avery
Chapter 10 - Avery
Chapter 11 - Cameron
Chapter 12 - Cameron
Chapter 13 - Cameron
Chapter 14 - Avery
Chapter 15 - Cameron
Chapter 16 - Avery
Chapter 17 - Cameron
Chapter 18 - Avery
Chapter 19 - Cameron
Chapter 20 - Avery
Chapter 21 - Cameron
Chapter 22 - Avery
Chapter 23 - Cameron
Chapter 24 - Avery
Chapter 25 - Cameron
Chapter 26 - Avery
Chapter 27 - Cameron
Chapter 28 - Delilah
Chapter 29 - Avery
Chapter 30 - Cameron
Chapter 31 - Cameron
Chapter 32 - Avery
Chapter 33 - Cameron
Chapter 34 - Avery
Chapter 35 - Cameron
Epilogue - Avery
Author's Note
BOOK 3 Cover and Title
BOOK 3 Synopsis
BOOK 3 TEASER
Nominate Me?

Chapter 3 - Avery

135K 5.1K 6.8K
By TheFeveredBookaholic

I perch my ass on the barstool and Cameron takes the seat next to mine. We both swing around to face each other, grins in place.

"Ready?" I ask.

"If the win is anything like I'm imagining right now then I've never been more ready for anything."

That makes me feel all too pleased. There's nothing quite like a man that stops at nothing to let you know you're wanted. Too many people play games but Cameron is not one of them and, well, me likey.

"Flattery will get you everywhere." I nod approvingly.

"Good." He laughs then leans in until he's just a breath away from me. "Because I intend to get everywhere with you."

"Awesome." I breathe and his low chuckle shakes my very core.

Our drinks arrive and we both turn our seats back around to face the bar. We grab our drinks and hold them up.

"Cheers."

We toss the drinks back, slamming them back down on the counter a moment later. Feeling the buzz instantly swirling inside me, I hum my excitement and we wait patiently to hear the the rattle of the front door bell.

"So," Cameron starts conversationally. "You caught wind of my dysfunctional and laughably cliché family history. Time to step up, chica."

"Bit of a heavy subject for a supposedly light-hearted night." I counter.

"Oh, my subject is very heavy and you'll be introduced to him later on tonight. What's another topic of the same manner?"

I snort and cough into my glass, setting it down. "Classy."

He grins. "Aren't I?"

"Fine. You win. But only because my family history is just as dysfunctional and laughably cliché."

He rubs his hands together, narrowing his eyes in the cutest way. "Do tell."

"My childhood actually started out golden but don't they all? We were a picture perfect family of three. And then three became one and my dad didn't know how to deal with it. Long story short, he lost himself completely and ended up landing his ass behind bars."

Cameron's mouth drops after a beat of silence. "He was in prison?"

"Is in prison." I correct curtly.

"How the fuck is that cliché? Damn."

"You're telling me you've never known anyone who's went to prison?"

"Does Michael Scofield count?"

"Funny." My eyes gleam. "But I'll say yes because he's super hot."

He leans back in his seat, all smiles with his hands out by his sides. "Sorry babe, but he swings for my team. On that note, I would totally do him if I had the chance."

I drop my face into my hands with uncontrollable laughter. It takes me a few very concentrated moments before I'm able to pause long enough to speak again. I lift my head to throw him an amused look. "Why am I not surprised that you managed to turn my sob story into a laugh fest, no problem?"

He smiles and reaches out to tug a strand of my hair. The tenderness of the act threatens to tug my heart as well. "And why am I not surprised you caught onto that?"

"Told you." I flip a mass of hair over my shoulder and thoroughly enjoy how his gaze darkens as he watches the movement. "I'm pretty awesome."

"I'll agree with the pretty part." He waggles his brows. "But the awesome has yet to be proven."

I look over my shoulder at the entrance right as a woman walks through the doors. She's by herself but the fitted dress she's wearing screams that she's looking for some company. I look back to Cameron with an excited grin.

"Just in time. Go and work your charms on her, hermoso."

Cameron shakes his head with something like resigned intrigue. He grabs his drink off the counter and slams back the remnants in one shot. He wipes his mouth clean with the back of his hand then hops off his stool. With a tug of his leather jacket to straighten it up and a final wink tossed my way, he saunters off and heads toward the woman. I press my lips together to hide my laughter and casually cross one leg over the other, turning the stool around to face them.

The woman looks like she's heading towards the bar but comes to a sudden halt when Cameron appears in front of her. Her eyes widen the slightest, do a quick once-over of him, before she straightens her shoulders and looks him head on. She smiles at him with a little tilt of her head. I snort. He hasn't even done anything and he has her under wraps. Not that I can blame her. I reacted the same.

I watch Cameron raptly as he scratches the back of his head in an almost shy manner and waves his hand over the general area of her. The woman blushes and I can assume he just complimented her. He stuffs his hands in his pocket and leans forward, turning his head to say something in her ear. I can visibly see how the woman's chest stills as she holds her breath and the flush on her face spreads down to her neck. My lips twitch. He's definitely suggesting the dirty.

The woman says something back to him with playfully narrowed eyes and Cameron does that innocent head nod. He says something back that causes her to cover her mouth in laughter. He places a hand on her waist and leans in to kiss her on the cheek. In return, the woman smiles and lifts her hand to pat his face. She walks away and Cameron spins on his heel, heading towards me.

"Well?" I ask when he's within hearing distance.

He walks the rest of the way, hopping onto the stool and reclaiming his seat next to mine. He leans his elbows back on the counter and for a second my brain draws a blank because he's so hot I pretty much go stupid.

"Damn." I blurt out.

He tilts his head in question so I clarify.

"You look really fuckable right now."

He chews on the edge of his lip with a soft chuckle and I don't even hide the fact that I'm totally ogling the action.

"Just right now?"

"Especially right now."

He leaves one elbow perched on the counter behind him and takes away his other arm. With his body slightly turned towards mine, his free hand casually comes to rest on my knee and his fingers barely skim the skin of my inner thigh. I suck in a quick breath at how good the contact feels, my body heating up and pooling between my legs just from a touch of his finger. This boy was wearing me down and he was doing it fast.

"Good thing we're going to take care of that really soon." His deep voice promises and his hand begins to lightly travel up the underside of my thigh. I clench my legs together involuntarily at the sudden jolt I feel and his eyes catch the movement. I would say he's pleased but he looks almost pained.

"You say that as if you won our little wager." I breathe somewhat distractedly because now his thumb is brushing back and forth on the exposed skin of my leg.

"That's because I did. You think I would lose when you were the one at stake?"

I suppress a smile. "I don't know. Tell me what went down."

He turns towards me completely, settling his other hand on my other thigh. He slides both of his hands under my knees and swiftly tugs me closer. I squeak in surprise as my ass slides down to the very edge of my seat with only Cameron's hands keeping me steady. On instinct, my hands go to his shoulders for support and he put his legs on either side of mine. A grin takes over his handsome face.

"But that would be a waste of our precious time, now wouldn't it, sweet cheeks?"

"Mr. West." I say, aghast. "Are you trying to distract me with all your sexy playfulness?"

"Of course, not." He counters with a quirk of his brow. "It wouldn't be 'trying' if I'm clearly succeeding at it."

A laugh escapes me and I smack his shoulder. "Ass. Tell me already."

"Fine. But technically it didn't follow the guidelines of our bet."

"Meaning?"

"Meaning I up and told her about our deal and how I had to make it look like I was flirting with her if I wanted to score the woman of my dreams in bed."

I'm not sure what distracts me more: that he gave himself away and didn't even bother an attempt at our bet or the fact that he called me the woman of his dreams. He probably means it in a hormonal way but even hearing it come from his mouth is getting my girly bits all excited. Damn it. I didn't even know who I was around this guy. Since when did I lose my cool like this?

His observation snaps me out of my thoughts. "As cute as you are when you pout, I like happy Avery. Give me that beautiful smile back."

I stretch my lips back and give him my most perverted grin. He immediately bursts into laughter and buries his face in my neck. I join in with an easy laugh of my own even though his closeness is making me heat up from top to bottom. With his hands still locked under my knees and my hands still gripping his shoulders, it's taking a lot of restraint on my part not to climb his lap in a way that would put a stripper to shame.

"Continue with the story." I tell him as I lean my body a bit back because my self-control needs all the help it can get right now.

"Alright." He concedes once he settles down. "I started the conversation off like a gentleman, complimenting her lovely dress and how it looked like she was made to wear it."

"Very gentlemanly." I agree with a nod of my head.

"She blushed all pretty like and thanked me. I cut to the chase at that point and told her I was trying to impress a girl I really liked-"

I ignore how my pulse suddenly thunders and shove down the insane need to smile like a loon.

"-by showing her I had 'moves.' Nice lady that she was, she reassured me I had all the moves and looks going for me and that's when I leaned in to whisper everything I planned on doing with you. I thought it would add to the amusement."

"What did you say you wanted to do with me?" I ask with a tinge of desperation. He smiles like he knows as much.

"What good is telling you when you'll be the only one to find out? Anyways, she was all flustered and I told her I hoped her husband was taking care of her just as well."

"Woah." I let go of Cameron to hold my hands up in alarm. "Husband?"

"She wore a wedding ring, babe. She knew I wasn't serious about my flirting then and told me to go get my girl and that indeed her husband was taking very good care of her."

"Plot twist." I murmur. "No wonder you didn't hit on her."

"That's not why." He shakes his head with an adorable grin. "I could've been talking to the most eligible female in the city but I would never flirt with her if I had you waiting for me. The real win was getting to take you home."

My lips part in pleased shock and I'm unable to respond. So very unlike me but it's been established this man really knows how to get to me. I close my gaping mouth after a few unmoving moments and blink rapidly. Well, shit. What do I say to that?

Cameron's lip curls. "Romantic, huh?"

I press the back of my hand to my forehead and fake a swoon, falling over him dramatically. My head lands in his lap and he looks down at me in amusement.

"Take me now, kind sir."

"Don't give me any ideas." His eyes flash and the smile I've been holding back finally creeps out, front and centre.

"I wouldn't be against any of your ideas. I have the distinct feeling you've got one dirty mind, Cameron West."

Those flashing eyes take on a dark note and begin travelling over my body. I can almost see what he's envisioning right now, what he would do to me if he could, and I have to hold back a whimper.

Slowly, I rise from his lap, my face inches from him as I sit myself up. When I'm facing him, we're not more than a couple of centimetres apart and our eyes drop to each other's mouths. The tension between us grows thick heavy and I feel like I'm suffocating it in, drowning in it, trapped in it. My heart pounds with unfiltered need as I hold myself back from the tug I feel towards him, the need to lean forward and close the irritating distance between us. I can feel my pulse thumping between my legs. I can feel my throat thicken with desire. I can feel the slight tremble in my body as I command myself not to move an inch. The bar is rowdy with laughter floating around us but I don't hear any of it. There's nothing but silence between us and it's so quiet you could hear our want.

"Let's get out of here." He murmurs and anticipation zings through me like wildfire.

I nod wordlessly and he hops off his stool, grabbing me by the waist to lower me off mine. I'm more than capable of climbing off myself but I take advantage of his help as I grip his shoulders while he sets me down. The front of my body slides against his and the friction of my breasts rubbing against his hard and muscled chest causes warmth to erupt all over me. He must feel how my nipples suddenly stand at attention because his eyes drift shut at the contact as if he's in pain, his large hands tightening around the curves of my waist. I want nothing more than to mold myself against him but I won't be able to stop there and I know it.

Turns out I don't have to move closer at all because he takes little steps forward, knees clashing into mine, until he has me backed up against the counter of the bar. His chin comes to rest atop my head and I can't help but notice that even in my lengthy heels he's still much taller than me. His hands leisurely slide from my waist to the small of my back and I shiver at his feather light touch. The tips of his fingers lightly dig into my skin and his lower half presses into mine. I'm pretty sure I'm covered in goosebumps at this point because the sensation of his body pressed into mine feels almost too good to bear.

I'm totally thrown off when I feel his lips softly press into the top of my forehead before pulling away just as quick. I look up at him, startled at the gentle gesture, and meet those kind eyes.

"I want to take care of you tonight, Avery. Do I have your permission?"

I blink. And blink some more. I don't know why I suddenly feel like my heart expanded as if it experienced an anaphylactic attack but it's definitely swelled and beating at an alarming rate.

"Why are you asking?" I make myself ask, still surprised at the sweet words. "I've more than vocalized what I want."

"I know. It doesn't hurt to make sure, though. I would rather ask you to make sure this is what you want then just make assumptions and jump into bed."

"That's sweet. I can't even remember the last time a guy has genuinely asked me for my permission before we got it on."

The lines around his mouth tighten slightly and I internally wince. I know better than to mention past fucks when I'm about have sex with another guy but I'm rambling and nervous about the way he's making me feel. It's too raw and real and getting to me at an all too personal level I'm not familiar with.

"After tonight, you're going to know what it's like to be worshipped. Someone like you doesn't deserve a half-ass fuck."

"Someone like me?"

"Yeah." He smiles but doesn't elaborate. "Ready to go?"

I nod again and he gives me another kiss, this time on my temple. He pulls away his hands that are on my back and reaches down to intertwine his fingers with mine. I immediately curl my fingers around his large and rough ones. It's crazy how perfect it feels holding hands with him.

"You have nice hands." I say as we walk through the cool November air towards my car.

He nudges his elbow into mine. "Wait until you see what I can do with them."

"I'd rather not wait at all." I quip right before I let go of his hand to push him away from me, his frame stumbling away since he clearly wasn't ready for that, and take off into a run as fast as my heels will let me.

"You're going to get it now, woman!" His distant voice sounds from behind me followed by the thump of his footsteps.

I giggle and run faster, squawking when I almost trip over a bump in the cement. I can hear Cameron laughing and shouting out to ask if I'm okay. I give him the finger without turning around, my gaze fixed on getting to my car first. I got a fairly good head start so I do a mental fist pump when I'm only a couple of feet away.

I pretty much screech as if I've been stabbed when I'm suddenly lifted into the air several inches above the ground. I grip the strong forearms locked around my middle for dear life and kick my legs back and forth mercilessly.

"Put me down!" I half yell, half laugh.

Cameron spins me in circles and I laugh even harder, nails digging into his skin as my world tilts all around me.

"Say you're sorry." He singsongs, still spinning.

"No." I choke out between giggles. "I'm going to throw up on your head!"

He hums in my ear. "Promise?"

"You're so gross, Cameron! Dios mio!"

His laughters falls around me like a warm blanket I want to stay wrapped up in forever. My face feels like it's going to split in half, I'm smiling that hard.

"Cameron!"

"That's right, baby. Scream my name."

I kick backwards in the estimated direction of his groin and he yelps, his voice so high pitched I completely lose my shit. He sets me down with a huff and I almost fall on my ass. Between my still spinning brain and how hard I'm laughing I've got the coordination of a shit-faced drunk.

"If that's how you're going to scream in bed, I'm calling this off." I wheeze. "Holy fuck, even my voice doesn't even go that high."

He pouts at me, or at least tries to, because his smile is evidently making it hard for him to stay composed. "You're mean."

I imitate his scream, making my voice go as high as it will let me. Sadly, I hit the mark because the squeaky pitch definitely matches what left Cameron's mouth moments ago. He points an accusing finger in my direction.

"You almost chopped my dick off with your stabby heels of death."

"Stabby isn't a word."

"Don't worry." He looks down at his dick and pets it. Actually fucking pets it. "We'll make her like us."

"Us? You refer to your dick as if it's its own person?"

"Shh." He glares at me, hands crossing over one another at his crotch. "He can hear you."

"He, huh? Does the fine gentleman have a name?"

"CJ." He supplies. "And he thanks you for calling him fine. It does great things for his self-confidence."

I smack a hand over my face with a miserable laugh. "Please tell me CJ doesn't stand for Cameron Junior."

"Beautiful and smart? Damn, I lucked out."

"Oh my God." I shake my head. "The poor thing. We need to rename it. Your unoriginality hurts, dude."

"If you can come up with something better than CJ, by all means." He scoffs like even the thought of it is ridiculous and I roll my eyes.

"I have better plans for him right now." My voice drops.

The tip of Cameron's mouth curls up as he side-eyes me. Fuck me, he's so damn attractive.

"Really digging the way you're looking at me now." He informs me with a mumble as he slowly treks towards me.

I walk backwards just as slowly, biting my lip to keep from smiling, beyond turned on by this cat-and-mouse we've been playing all night. My breath hitches when I feel the cool exterior of my car against my bare back. Cameron's eyes hone in on my heaving chest and my fingers dig into my palm at the heat in his gaze. He's looking at me like he wants to devour me and fuck, I want to be his five-star meal.

His arms come up on either side of me to rest on the car, trapping me in his space. Not that I want to be anywhere else. Especially with the way he watches me now, head lowering slowly but surely in an almost teasing manner. My chin tilts up on its own accord and my eyes flutter shut. The way I feel right now, I would do anything to feel his lips on mine. When the warmth of his breath wisps against my mouth, it parts automatically.

The sound of my car door opening causes my eyes to do the same. I meet Cameron's amused expression with my very confused and very irritated one.

"What the hell?" I question. Why weren't we making out like horndogs?

"Call me old-fashioned but I'm not kissing you until the end of the night."

"Oh, come on!"

He laughs before leaning forward and rubbing his nose against mine. I scrunch it up adamantly but my facade quickly drops with a reluctant snicker when he licks the tip of my nose instead. He grins with obvious self-satisfaction.

"I only laughed because it tickled."

"Ha." He squishes my face with his large hands. "You're cute."

I swat his hands away with a giggle. "Alright, alright. Let's get moving. The faster you get in the car, the faster you get in me."

"Yes, ma'am." His mischievous eyes wink at me before moving around me to crouch down and climb in the passenger seat. As he leans in, he throws what I can assume is a provocative gaze over his shoulder. "Is this the part where you smack my ass before I have a chance to sit?"

Laughter bubbles out of me. "You're ridiculous."

His inquisitive brows grow up. I shrug and bring my hand down swiftly on his backside. My palm meets a very hard and muscled cheek and I wolf-whistle.

"Pow! Nice ass, hermoso."

He pretends to blush. "You sweet talker."

I throw my head back in laughter while he does the same. I close his door once he's seated because if I don't do it now, we could be here all night from our banter alone. I may or may not really love that about us. Once I'm seated in the driver's side, Cameron grips the seatbelt and brings it around me to click it in place. His fingers move to rest low on my hip and I suck in a breath at the contact.

"Thank you." I breathe. I'm rewarded with one of his sweet smiles.

"I told you. I'm going to be taking care of you tonight."

Ignoring the way my heart melts at his words, I give him a rewarding kiss on the cheek. The way his face lights up from the small action alone makes me want to tackle him then and there. God, he's such a sweetheart.

"Ready for the best night of your life?" He waggles his brows at me.

I give him nothing but the truth. "Oh, it will be."

__________________

A/N

Who else almost broke their faces smiling?

I know I wrote this but, lmao guys, I totally ship it! We need a ship name for these two! Any ideas?

Don't forget to VOTE, comment, and share if you enjoyed!

Happy Reading :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

864K 22K 24
{Complete} (((Disclaimer))) I wrote this book/completed it when I was 13/14, it does not exhibit my current writing ability and is very much unedited...
136K 8.4K 46
When eighteen-year-old Cassie learns her local gym is struggling, she must find a way to save it while staying away from the womanizing boxer determi...
5M 167K 44
*WARNING: RATED MATURE DUE TO LANGUAGE/SEXUAL CONTENT. READERS MUST BE 17+* *CANNOT be read without reading prior novels in series* Wolfe Emerson is...
249K 4.9K 73
** Sequel coming This Summer! ** Elena Matthews; a deliberate, conscientious, and courteous girl with a dark past. Ace Grey; an impulsive, dangerous...