Chapter 5 - Avery

In spite of myself, I have a total girly moment as soon as I end the call between Cameron and I and proceed to simultaneously flail my arms while running around the house squealing.

So I'm ecstatic that he reached out to me first and immediately went into making plans.

Sue me.

According to him, he should be here in just a few minutes so that doesn't leave me a lot of time to freshen myself up. I don't really care about looking runway ready for him but I'm not prepared to let him see me at my total hobo state either. I make a mad dash to my room and grab a hairbrush, deciding a ponytail should conceal my wild mess of a hair best. I change out of my baggy tee and sweats next, opting for a tank and some cute sleep shorts instead. Don't judge me. I do plan on getting some dick tonight. And I happen to know that both my ass and legs look fantastic in this tiny black pair so I do a little victory shimmy as I check myself out. Is it so wrong to want to look sexy for this man, who's unbelievably hot and wants me? I think the hell not.

I grab my phone on the way out of my room and shoot off a quick text to Emily as I walk towards the kitchen.

Me: Bitch!!! I know you had something to do with Cameron magically having my number. I owe you!

I toss the phone on the counter and get to retrieving all the ingredients I need to make my grandma's infamous Pollo Guisado. I send a silent prayer for her and her recipe, even though she's probably rolling in her grave at the fact that I'm using it to earn a ride on CJ. Whoops.

I check my phone when it pings, seeing a reply from Emily, and open it.

Em: I'm guessing you're not just texting at this point? And buying me lunch will suffice ;)

Me: He's coming over. I'm cooking for him. It's a date!

Em: Don't tap it 'till you wrap it.

I snicker at her reminder. She knows me too well.

Me: You know it, mamacita x

I've just finished setting out all the cutlery and appliances when a knock comes on my door. Not going to lie. My tummy totally does a 360 flip. I square my shoulders back and tuck the wisps of hair that have escaped my ponytail back behind my ears. A deep breath later and my nerves are gone. I got this.

When I swing the door open, my breath whooshes out of me. It's like I forgot how hot Cameron really was because I stand there staring at him and thinking, holy fuck I want to jump his bones, he's that fine.

Dressed in a simple white t-shirt that's tight enough to outline his wide chest, he wears a plain black leather jacket that makes him look equally badass and h-a-w-t. His long legs are covered in dark and fitted jeans, black boots completing his look. For someone so undeniably adorable, he sure dressed another part.

My eyes drift back up to find his are lingering over my body in return. I watch his Adam's apple bob as he swallows soundly when his gaze takes over my bare legs. There's so much heat in those grey irises that I have to grip the doorframe with one hand to steady my suddenly weak knees. The movement disrupts his focus and his eyes once more connect with mine. I blow out an unsteady breath. I feel like I'm on fire. Hell, was it normal to feel like this? About anyone?

Cameron clears his throat, a small smile playing on his lips that I easily return, and holds up his hands. I hadn't noticed before but he's got a bottle of Johnnie Walker in one hand and a DVD copy of Fifty Shades of Grey in the other. My brows fly up while a surprised snort bubbles out of me.