Rights and Wrongs (Undertale...

Av TheReturnOfTurtle

Hey, Turtle here! Me and @StarryPenName did a collab together! We both will have the full story, so whoever y... Mer

Chapter One- The Hero
Chapter Two- Promise to Protect
Chapter Three- Hide and Seek
Chapter Four- Stay Gold
@^Lost%!Chapter ?
Chapter Six- LOVE
@^Lost%!Chapter ??
Chapter Seven- Forgive and Forget
Chapter Eight- Let Go
Chapter Nine- Perspective

Chapter Five- Apparent Solidarity

1.4K 44 48
Av TheReturnOfTurtle

Gaster looked around nervously. "(Snowdin.)" he said tersely.

"(it's a bit different than what you saw, isn't it, dad?)" signed Sans to reply.

Frisk tapped him on the shoulder. When he turned around, they signed, "(I didn't know you signed, Sans.)"

Sans chuckled silently. "(usually not. but this seems to call for silence.)"

Gaster, Sans, and Frisk rounded the corner of the shop. "(No one will notice me,)" signed Gaster. "(I have taken extra precautions to keep it that way.)" The three of them skirted the outside of the lane. It would be better not to be seen.

The first person to spot Undyne was Sans. Frisk was hiding behind a rock as the royal guard contingent stomped by, Undyne glaring about. Sans was conveniently in her blind spot, a rather large one because of her eye-patch.

"(There she is,)" signed Sans to his compatriots. The guards passed, marching in line, feet in perfect rhythm, with no consequence, until a dog trailing behind them suddenly jumped, cocking it's head towards the skeleton.

Sans froze in place, as if that would somehow make him invisible to the dog. The small, white canine then yipped, before making a bee-line for Sans, jumping onto the small skeleton. The annoying dog slobbered all over Sans, and Undyne turned her head to look.

"Toby!" she yelled with an angry look, "I told you that you could stay with us if-- she stopped as she saw who Toby was drooling upon.

Sans.

"YOU LITTLE F***ER!" Undyne sprinted towards Sans and she quickly grabbed his collar before he could react, shaking him in the air, a spear summoned above her. Sans tried to muster any magic he could, only to find teleportation useless.

Gaster knew, if he didn't protect Sans and Frisk, they wouldn't make it, at least not when Sans physically couldn't manage teleporting. He forgot about being hidden, and he was filled with a rush of DETERMINATION so strong, he felt himself almost grow, forming a harder molding to his body. He summoned several blasters and his eyes glowed blue and orange.

"Y O U ' R E   A B O U T    T O   H A V E   A    B A D    T I M E," he said calmly, with no thought of signs or hands.

Frisk slowly began backing away, hoping to hide in the underbrush and not be spotted, when they felt something grab the back of their shirt, ripping them into the darkness of the forest before they could even scream.

Gaster pummeled Undyne with alternating blue and orange blasts, careful to cast a shield around Sans. He used blue magic to pull Undyne closer, then blasted her in the face with two full-powered Blasters. Sans was thrown off to the side, watching his father toss Undyne about like she was a rag-doll, not letting her even have a moment to regain herself, before he grabbed her soul again, tossing her off another direction.

He finally let Undyne be whipped into a snow bank, the rest of the guard watching with their jaws dropped at their captains defeat. Gaster slowly approached her, glaring down at her as she coughed up magic, clutching her stomach weakly.

"(Now you know what happens when someone tries to HURT MY SON,)" signed Gaster angrily, not caring whether Undyne understood.

He looked to Sans who seemed to be yelling something and pointing to where he had last seen the child. He quickly let the shield vanish, letting Sans plop into the snow, falling face first.

His head quickly shot up, shaking off the snow, before he yelled, "the kid!" pointing back to where they had been, only for there to just be a rock with no being behind it.

The other guard's noticed he was distracted, and began charging towards the skeleton. Gaster whipped around to find the fleet sprinting at him, their weapons ready.

Gaster's eyes widened, "(SANS, You, go after the child, I've got this.)" He rebounded a set of dogs, sending them flying.

Sans looked worried, "but-!"

"(JUST GO!)" He said, trying to give him the most reassuring look he could while fighting.

Sans seemed to consider this for a moment, before hopping on his feet and dashing towards the forest.

*******

Sans looked frantically around for Frisk. "kid? KID! HEY! WHERE ARE YOU?!"

Silence

He clenched his teeth together nervously, 'where could they have gone?' He looked around for a sign of them, but nothing. He cuffed his hands around his mouth, trying to amplify his usually quiet voice, "HEY? KIDDO? IF YOU CAN HEAR ME, IT'D BE A GREAT TIME TO RESPOND!"

The wind whistled, but yielded nothing.

His smile faltered. You promised... He gulped, narrowing his eyes, "PLEASE, KID? WHERE ARE YOU?" ....you failed.

A scream.

The scream rang through the air, causing Sans to panic. 'kid? was that you? ' He wasn't sure if the scream was even real. In this cold, it could have just been his overactive imagination.

Another scream.

"PLEASE, STOP!"

Sans pinpointed where he had heard it this time, reeling around to his right. That was definitely them, it had to be them. He dashed towards the source of the sound, as he got closer he heard what sounded like sobs.

He made a quick turn around the corner, his eye-lights immediately vanishing, leaving dark voids instead.

Dogamy, who Sans had known as the kind hearted canine that would always be at Grillby's, had his axe raised above his head pointed towards a small frail human child, who appeared to be clutching their stomach from another wound, their health dwindling at 2HP with tears staining their cheeks and dripping into the snow. The only one who even seemed aware of Sans' presence was the monster, who just looked empty, and cold, wired to follow his orders at any cost.

"hey Dogamy. let the kid go, and i'll maybe let you keep your sanity." He balanced a bone on the tip of his finger, a heartless grin spread on his face.

Dogamy looked up at Sans. "You wouldn't do that, would you? I have Dogaressa to worry about..." he trailed off like he was thinking something else too, but didn't say it.

"then leave the kid alone," said Sans. "and i'll let you go." He watched as Dogamy seemed to relax his weapon, looking off to the side, as if he were considering it.

Sans took his chance.

He quickly grabbed a hold of Frisk's soul with blue magic while Dogamy was distracted, hauled the small human into his arms, and ran.

"HEY!" The monster yelled after him, " BY ORDER OF THE KING, HALT!"

Sans ignored him, it wouldn't be the first time he 'disobeyed the king.'

Suddenly, a wall of blue went in front of Sans, causing him to dig his heels into the snow. This is NOT the time for this, he thought. He whipped around, to find Dogamy growling at him.

"I said, HALT." He swung his axe at the skeleton, Sans' dodging it barely, finding it more difficult when holding an 80 pound kid.

Sans whipped the quiche out of his pocket and stuffed a couple of slices in Frisk's mouth. Frisk opened their eyes groggily and noticed the axe coming right for them.

Thud.

Frisk felt something hot, dripping from their middle, they slowly put their hand on it to find a gash, slicing straight through them, their top half slowly leaving their bottom.

They fell into something soft, and cool, it felt...nice.

The last thing they heard was a scream, before it all went black.

* * *

They heard the familiar voices in their head before landing back at their save point, right outside the rock. "Oh no," they whispered to themself.

Gaster looked around nervously. "(Snowdin.)" he said tersely.

"(it's a bit different than what you saw, isn't it, dad?)" signed Sans to reply. He chuckled to himself. "(oh, and you might wonder why I'm signing. well, I can. and this is a silent occasion.)"

Gaster, Sans, and Frisk rounded the corner of the shop. "(No one will notice me,)" signed Gaster. "(I have taken extra precautions to keep it that way.)" The three of them skirted the outside of the lane. It would be better not to be seen.

The first person to spot Undyne was Sans. Frisk was hiding behind a rock as the royal guard contingent stomped by, Undyne glaring about. Sans was conveniently in her blind spot, a rather large one because of her eye-patch.

Frisk remembered the small dog that had blown their cover the first time. The child leaped towards the skeleton, grabbing him then ripping him out of the way before he could be seen by Toby.

Sans looked at the child bewildered, "(kid, what was that about?)"

"(I just had a bad feeling about them.)" The child signed, brushing off the snow on their sweater.

Sans shrugged, not questioning it. But there was something a bit off...

Frisk quickly remembered Dogamy. They watched as all the Royal Guards were far out of view before suggesting, "(Let's go to the other side of the road.)"

Sans and Gaster exchanged confused glances, before Dr. Gaster asked, "(Why?)"

Frisk needed to think of an excuse, "(Maybe... there are guards patrolling the woods?)" Frisk gave the skeletons a smile. 'Well, I'm not wrong.' Frisk said to themself.

"(kid, there are never guards in the woods,)" Sans said, with a confused frown.

"(Oh. Well, we should hide from those...other guards.)" A nervous sweat presented itself on Frisk's brow, as they gestured towards the entrance to Waterfall that was to their other side, "(They might spot us....easier... if we are here.)"

"(Good point, we should,)" signed Dr. Gaster. Frisk remembered the transformation that had made him look like a real skeleton again. They wondered if they could trigger that.

Sans' nose crinkled at the child, as he sent them a suspicious glare. Frisk sent him a nervous smile, only making the situation even worse.

They began crossing the street, slowly, when Frisk turned, just to noticed the annoying dog, tearing down the street. It jumped on Sans again and Undyne noticed them.

Undyne once again, grabbed Sans, just to be attacked by Gaster, however, Gaster didn't seem to attack her with much as much strength this time, most likely due to him shielding both Frisk and Sans, keeping them safe from the warrior and her army.

Frisk looked over to Sans, to find that he appeared to be screaming something at his father, trying to escape the small orb that he was contained it.

Gaster continued to fight off the other guards and Undyne, not taking notice to his son. Frisk's eyes slowly followed where Sans' yells seemed to be directed to.

Oh no

Dogamy was slowly sneaking up behind Gaster, his axe in hand, ready to strike him. Frisk tried to scream, but the orb just absorbed the sound. They smashed her weight against the orb, but it was no use. They looked back at Dogamy. He was right behind Gaster. They looked over, to find Sans' orb to be manifested with blue energy. 'What is he doi--'

BOOM

The orb exploded, smashing into the ground like bits of glass. Frisk's breath held, and time seemed to slow, if only for a few seconds, before a small figure shot into the air, a larger creature behind them.

There was a whine of a laser revving up, before a blast of white magic smashed into Dogamy, sending to monster flying through the air, smashing into a tree, then falling to the ground unconscious.

Gaster looked on wide-eyed. He would've been completely taken off guard, he wouldn't have been able to live through that kind of hit without expecting it. He knew that.

Undyne saw an opening.

"NGAHHHH!" She jumped at Gaster, spear in hand, ready to strike him through the chest.

Gaster turned around, barely seeing the spear pointed at him, before the being holding the spear was shot through the air from yet another blaster explosion.

"Sans?!" Gaster said looking towards the direction of the laser.

Sans was off to the side, with two other blasters summoned, "i lost you once...i'm not letting you die again!"

Undyne hopped back on her feet, "OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, YOU AGAIN?!"

Sans smirked but Gaster looked worried. Sans was pushing himself, he could see that the blasters were subtly fading in and out of reality. He knew that his son wasn't ready, why was he trying to fight, it wasn't worth putting himself at risk, was it? Gaster didn't think that he was worth it, why did his son think he was?

"heh," he laughed, walking towards the fish, hearing his dad begin fighting back more and more guards, "let's dance." A blaster revved behind him, Undyne dodging in the nick of time.

She laughed, "Right back at you twinkle toes."

Frisk looked on, watching their friends fight for them, filled them with...

DETERMINATION...

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

112K 4.1K 20
What if..someone from our world was reborn as fellswap sans? But an accident when he was young leads to becoming blind for a long time and papyrus fe...
916K 26.5K 27
Sans has lived through countless timelines. He's seen the kid make friends with everyone, only to give up in the final moments. He's seen the kid kil...
124 2 11
Ever since the death of his younger brother. Things have gone downhill in the surface world for Sans. Alphys died a few months after Papyrus to a dis...
4K 553 15
Based on how chaotic your life is, you can't say you're shocked to see how your day turned out to be. You barely remember how you ended up in this da...