Dark And Dangerous Howls(Book...

By AlaynaGlover

I ran deep into the forest, it once again swallowing me. Once I thought I was deep enough, I slowed to a walk... More

Howl
Chapter 1:New School and Old Enemies...
Chapter 2: Meeting You
Chapter 3: Bittersweet Memories
Chapter 4: Forgeting and Remembering...
Chapter 5:"...Hello Little Red."
Chapter 6:Burn It Down
Chapter 7:Heritage
Chapter 8:Jewls
Chapter 9: Apologize
Chapter 10: The Man Who Can't Be Moved
Chapter 11: Claimed
Chapter 12: Meeting In The Woods
Update!
Yes, another update!

Chapter 13

33 4 0
By AlaynaGlover

Recap:

I looked back and asked Alpha Zack how many? He said about ten, the majority of them were children. I nodded, understanding what was left unsaid. "Let me go talk to my brother. Go gather up everyone and start heading north. Follow my scent and head west. From there, it should be easy to find our pack house." I instructed, making sure he got every detail I said. "Thank you." He nodded.

And with that, Castiel and I walked back into the forest. We walked behind a tree and undressed, folding the clothes before shifting. I first grabbed the clothes before somehow managing to get the strap of each high heel into my slacked jaw. He shifted into his black wolf and had me hypnotized for a moment. He smirked at me before grabbing the clothes and taking off. Better catch up, love. His melodic voice rang. I sighed happily before following him.

~~~~~~~~~

Nervous.

That's the only word that can even come close to how I felt. My hands were shaking and my breathing was shallow. I paced back and forth in front of the door of my house. My walls were blocked up in my head so Castiel couldn't feel how nervous I am and just decide to hold them to myself instead. I took in a deep breath as I tried to calm my pounding heart.

Finally, I stopped pacing and faced the door. I took in another deep breath, silently wishing myself good luck, and walked into my house. I passed by Derek and Austin playing video games in the living room and Jewls watching them play before I walked up the stairs. The long hall was silent as I walked towards Tyler's room.

My hand hovered over the door. I began to second guess myself. Should I talk to my brother about this? I knew the answer: yes.I already told Alpha Zack and Beta Jamie that I would and I don't go back on my word. With a heavy sigh and a final push of encouragement, I knocked on the door. I could hear his footsteps pound on the wooden floor as he walked towards the door. His scent pored out of the cracks as he got closer. My heartbeat raced as the doorknob turned. It opened, revealing Tyler and I held my breath.

My brother gave me a blank stare before sighing and motioning for me to come in with a nod of is head. I stepped in and slowly let out the breath I'd been holding in. I quickly sat in the chair in front of his slightly messy desk. I kept my head down as he shut the door and went to sit behind his desk.

I took a few calming breaths as I felt Tyler's stare on my head. My breathing ceased when he said my name. "Rose . . . tell me what's going on." His gravely voice demanded in a calm way. I held my breath once more, before telling him everything in a rush.

"I was with a-uh . . . friend and we ran into an Alpha and Beta who were in our territory and I asked them why. They explained everything. How their pack was attacked, there was not even a fourth of there pack left, and how most of the pack were children without parents. They'd been traveling for ays and I-. . . I offered them to stay here." I dared to glance up at him.

He sat back in his chair and sighed.

"Rose, thank you for telling me. I believe you did he right thing, but you should have asked me first before offering them to stay here." He brought a hand up and rubbed his face. "I'm glad you came to talk to me. I've been needing to talk to you about . . . him. " Tyler sighed.

My gaze immediately went to the floor and I mentally prepared myself for what I was about to say. "I don't know what you're going to say, but let me just tell you this: I love him. He is my mate and my other half. If you can't accept him, then I- . . ." I swallowed the lump in my throat and held back the tears that were threatening to break free before continuing on, "Then I, Roseline Anne Torquent, will accept my fate and leave the pack." It broke my heart to say those words and I could feel my wolf whimper in pain of the thought of losing her family. I didn't want to leave them, but I would if I didn't have any other choice because I did love Castiel and would do anything to be with him.

Tyler looked at me and slowly began to nod, before saying something that I never thought he would say.

"Invite him over for dinner."

My head shot straight up and shot him a confused look. It was silent for a brief moment before I whispered, just barley audible, a simple, "What?"

Tyler rolled his eyes and sighed. "You heard me. Invite him for dinner and I will make my decision later that night. I sat in shock for a moment at my brother's words, before quickly getting up and pretty much flying over his desk, wrapping my arms around his neck, causing him to be in a tight hug.

"Thank you!" I all but screamed in his ear. "Oh, thank you, brother!" I hugged him for a few more moments before he stood up and finally wrapped his arms around me. It felt amazing to see my brother's walls fall for once and show his caring side. This was the brother that I knew before he became Alpha. I knew it had to be hard, having so much responsibility being thrown upon you at only fourteen. Tears began to fall down my cheeks and onto Tyler's blue shirt.

He pulled me back and began to wipe the tears away with his thumb. Through the blur from my tears, I could see a small smile appear on his face, causing one to fall upon my own. "I'm sorry for everything. You can't choose your own mate, and I should be happy for you. Some don't ever find theirs, though it's rare. But that's no excuse." He grabbed my chin and gently lifted it up to look him straight in his eyes. "I'm sorry, Rose."

I wrapped my arms around his neck again and pulled him close. "It's okay. I forgive you," I muttered. We stayed that way for what felt like hours, but I knew was only a few minutes, before I pulled back and wiped my tear stained face with the back of my hand. "I'll go make the call to him," I smiled. "Oh, also, the pack that was attacked would've followed my scent, so they should be here in the next few hours." He nodded in response and shot me a happy smile. I smiled back up at him before turning and going back into the hallway, but I froze in the door as a thought had come to mind. "Hey, Tyler, what made you change your mind about Castiel?" I looked back at him, genuine curiosity crossed my face.

He paused when he was about to sit back into his chair. I thought I saw him tense up for a moment before he calmly stated, "I just had some time to think." I let that sink in for a moment, debating on wither or not he was telling me everything and nodded. "Why?" He asked.

"Oh, just curiosity," I sighed, "Well, I'm going to tell him! Again, thank you." I smiled before walking back down the hallway. I walked down the stairs and slowed when I heard voices coming from the living room. When I reached the end of the stairs, I walked into the living room and smiled when I saw Jewls, Derek, and Austin in a deep conversation. I leaned against the archway when I caught their choice of topic.

". . . I don't know, I just don't want those stupid hunters crawling around anywhere near here. They give me a bad feeling," Austin sighed as he wrapped his arms tighter around Jewls, who was sitting on his lap on the couch. "If one even thinks of getting anywhere near our land, I will rip their heads off and squash it like a bug for threatening my family." He growled lowly.

Jewls immediately turned around and gently cupped his face with both hands. "That's very brave of you, but that won't be happening. If they even thought of trespassing, that would mean war and they know that would expose us to the humans. And, if my memory serves me right, their job is to keep us a secret to the humans."

"True," Derek nodded, sitting in a chair across from Jewls and Austin. "They've been around for centuries and we had only one war- a war that we won, not to mention."

"Also, we have more knowledge and resources than they ever could." I added, gaining every ones attention.

"Hey little sis'!" Derek smiled at me, grinning from ear to ear. Jewls smiled happily and waved at me from Austin's lap. Derek stood up and walked over towards me, grabbing me in a giant bear hug. "How'd it go?" He asked after he let me out, allowing me to breath. I looked at him in confusion before realizing what he was talking about. Did he eavesdrop on my conversation?

"It went," I thought about how I was going to describe our conversation, "better than I originally thought." I smiled. He smiled down at me, happy to hear the good news. "I was on my way to go tell him to join us for dinner tonight with a new pack." I informed. Everyone seemed shock to hear about the news of Castiel and curious of the pack, but before they could ask, I waved them off. "Tyler will inform you all of the situation." They all sighed, but nodded. And with that I smiled at all of them before turning on my heels and walking out the front door.

When I stepped out, the air seemed lighter. I happily embraced the warm sun as I took in a deep breath. Everything just seemed to start falling into place in my life. I could only hope it stayed that way.

A small smile seemed to grace my face as I glanced at the woods in front of me. My future was waiting for me and I couldn't wait to face it.

With a giddy giggle, I sprinted into the forest with inhuman speed. The wind caressed my face and whipped my hair behind me as my bare feet dug into the cool ground, launching me off the ground to were it seemed as if I was flying. Happiness and excitement radiated off of me as my giggles echoed along the forest. I ducked under branches and jumped over fallen trees as I focused on the location of Catiel's land.

I did love Castiel, but I don't know why, or how, my mind wondered over to Nathaniel. I realized how I haven't really seen him since the party where Castiel-. I stopped my thought right there. Amber is the the one who kissed Castiel. A small ping of doubt crossed my mind, wondering if, just maybe, it was Castiel who did kiss Amber, but as soon as the thought crossed my mind, I squashed it. I knew that Castiel loved me and I loved him. But, if I did admit to myself, I did have feeling for Nathaniel. Small feelings, but feelings none the less.

I thought back to his scars that he showed me and my heart squeezed a little. As I ran, my mind mulled over the thought of Nathaniel. I thought of his bright golden hair that complimented his bright eyes and white teeth. He seemed so good- far good enough to be an angel. I remembered his deep, calm voice and how it warmed my heart. He himself seemed to make me smile.

But Nathaniel wasn't my mate.

I came to a sudden stop as that thought came to my mind. Nathaniel wasn't my mate- Castiel was. Nathaniel wasn't destined for me- Castiel was. Nathaniel couldn't complete me wholly and fully- Castiel could. But, if this is all true, why did just the thought of Nathaniel make me smile? Or butterflies circle around inside my stomach when he smiles or laughs? Or how I could just lay down with him, tracing his scars along his back until I fell asleep, curled up into his bare chest with his arm wrapped around-

I stopped all thoughts that were on that track. I loved Castiel and he was my mate. That's it. It's Castiel who I'm going to go see right now, not Nathaniel. And with that thought in mind, I smiled and took off once again, pushing all thoughts of Nathaniel to he back of my mind, chosing to ignore them.

For now.

~~~

So... we meet again. I have nothing to say besides school is kicking my arse and I can't wait for it to be over. I hope you enjoyed and these next few chapters are going to get crazy- just a heads up. Also, what do you think of her and Nathaniel? You think she'll leave Castiel for Nate? Or will Nate fight for her? Or will something far more terrible happen?

You'll find out soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...