Everything Happens For A Reas...

By learntolivewithout

After the singularity Sadie Merlyn decides to do what she does best. Run away. Run away from her new life, fr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Epilogue

Chapter 18

616 11 7
By learntolivewithout

Caitlin, Jesse, Iris and I were stationed in the trailer once we were at the industrial park.

"In position," Harry said over coms.

"Copy that. We got you," Jesse told him.

"Okay. Snow, you ready?" He asked.

"As ready as I can be," she sighed.

"Cisco. Cisco, you good?" Joe asked him as they were stationed all over the park.

"Define good," he answered.

"Ramon. You're gonna be great," Harry told him, "Snow. When you're ready."

"Okay," she answered.

"You got this," Iris encouraged her.

"Here we go," she nodded going to her place. She walked out into the park, "Jay? Jay!" She called.

We watched on the security cameras as he flashed in front of her.

"How did you find me?" He asked her.

"Dr. McGee said the magnetar was stolen from her labs. I knew that it had to be you, so I tracked you here," she told him, "I tracked you here, Jay. No one else knows."

"I told you, if you left me..." He started.

"That if I betrayed you, you'd show me no mercy, I know. But I just want to explain why I did that," she finished, "Please, Jay."

"Talk," he ordered.

"Good job, girl," Iris nodded beside me, "Now draw him towards you."

"I made a mistake. I am so sorry that I abandoned you," she apologized taking a few steps towards him, "But you have to understand, what you said to me...that there was a dark side of me. That was more like Killer Frost than I knew I didn't want to accept that. I tried to lock the darkness inside of me. But you knew that that was already a part of me now. And you're the only one who did. And now, I'm ready to accept who I really am."

She was now a few feet away from him.

"Cisco, get ready," Joe ordered.

"I am so sorry that I hurt you. But now I want to be the one that only you know. Please, Jay," Caitlin pleaded, "Let me try."

"One more step," Joe said softly.

"I knew you'd eventually come around, Caitlin," Jay told her sighing, "But it's too late."

He reached for her chest to kill her but it went through the hologram. Joe shot the boot on Jay around his neck.

"Now, Ramon!" Harry ordered as Cisco opened a breach behind him.

Joe's gun jammed so he ran at Jay stabbing the tranquilizers into his neck.

"He's walking in," Jesse gasped.

Harry shot at Jay shooting him but he grabbed Joe pulling him into the breach.

"Dad!" Iris screamed but Joe was gone, "What do we do?"

"We need to get out of here, quickly," Harry ordered, "Before Zoom comes back."

Cisco and Harry met us at the trailer before we drove back to Star Labs. Cisco tried to vibe where Joe was but couldn't find anything.

"Did you see my dad?" Iris asked him.

"No, the vibe keeps changing," Cisco sighed, "It's like my brain is channel surfing or something."

"They must be on the move. That's why the vibe's in flux. Keep trying," Caitlin suggested as Harry and Jesse walked in, "Hey, did you turn off the magnetar?"

"No, there's no messing with that thing," Harry sighed, "Whatever he did to it. We try to touch it, we try to move it. This planet's done for."

"Iris," Wally said walking into the cortex then he saw her facial expression, "What's wrong?"

"Zoom took Dad," she sighed.

"What? How?" He asked.

"We tried to stop Zoom by pushing him through the breach, but he took Joe with him," Caitlin answered.

"Well, where's Barry?" Wally asked, "Did he go after him?"

"He's not with us. He's in a cell in the intake," Jesse said as Harry tried to stop her.

"Wait, you tried to stop Zoom alone?" He asked Iris.

"Long story," Harry answered.

"Well we have to get him back," he said pacing.

"Wally, before Zoom took Dad, we all agreed that if we got Zoom off this Earth, we would close the breaches for good, and we would never open them again, under any circumstances," Iris told him.

"Why would you do that?" He asked, "No. No way, that's not gonna happen."

"He made us all agree to it," she sighed.

"Well, guess what. I didn't agree to that," he shot back.

"Wally," she started.

"Iris, I already lost my mom. If Dad..." He started to get choked up but stormed out.

A few minutes later the computer in front of me went off and I clicked on it as it pulled up Barry's empty cell, "Uh, hey, guys, Barry's not..." There was a force of air behind me, "In his cell anymore."

"Wally!" Iris scolded.

"What? I wasn't just gonna stand here and let this happen," he shrugged.

"You let him take Joe?" Barry asked Harry, "What the hell were you thinking?"

"Allen, there was nothing we could do," Harry answered.

"You could have let me race him!" He shouted.

"Allen! You're not racing Zoom!" He yelled back.

"What are you gonna do? Are you gonna tranq me again?" Barry asked angrily.

"Don't tempt me," Harry threatened.

"Look, I know you guys made a pact to keep Zoom on Earth-2, but you did that without me and Wally," Barry turned to us, "Alright? You don't get to do that!"

"Barry, look at yourself right now, you're not okay," Cisco told him calmly.

"Cisco, my dad was just killed in front of me! Do you have any idea how that feels?" He asked getting in his face.

"Watching someone you love die?" Caitlin asked, "Yes, I do."

"Cait," he sighed walking away from us.

"Look, Barry. I know how cold and angry and distant that can make you," she stepped towards him as he went to speak, "But when this happened to me, you were the one who kept me in check. You told me to take a breath and that's all we're telling you to do now."

"I'm telling you, I'm good," he answered.

"Really? You're good? Because it seems to me you want to do more than stop Zoom. It seems to me you want revenge," Harry told him, "If that's why you're doing this, Allen, you will lose."

"Look, you guys. I...you may not think I can do this. You may think I'm too angry," Barry started, "But we're running out of time! I have to beat him, and I'm going to, whether I have your help or not. So which one is it?"

Everyone looked at each other before nodding and Barry, Caitlin, Harry and Cisco went to the basement to vibe Barry to Zoom. When they came back they said we had to go to the industrial park again. We all rode in the trailer in silence until we got there and all unloaded.

"Sadie, I don't know if I want you out there," Barry stopped me as the rest of the team got ready.

"Barry, I'll be fine," I said putting a hand on his cheek, "I need to know that he isn't going to hurt me anymore. Just come back to me."

"I always do and I'll make sure he'll never hurt my girl again," he nodded pecking me on the lips.

"You guys would make the cutest children," Cisco said and my face turned red, "Did I say that out loud? Whoops."

Everyone got out of the trailer and we walked towards the magnetar. I held onto Jesse for support as Barry walked ahead of us when there was a force of wind behind us.

"Brought the whole crew with you, huh?" Jay asked holding tightly to Joe, "Can't say I blame you."

"Dad," Wally took a few steps forward.

"Wally!" Iris grabbed his arm.

"It's gonna be one hell of a show," Jay answered.

"Let him go," Barry nodded to Joe.

"After we race," he answered.

"Cut the crap," Harry shouted, "We know you plan to power up the magnetar so you can destroy the multiverse."

"Bravo, you figured it out, almost. I don't want to destroy all of it. This Earth is at the center of the multiverse. It's the access point to every other Earth in existence," Jay explained, "One trans-dimensional shock wave, and poof."

"Leaving just our Earth," Cisco finished, "How generous of you."

"Need to have some place to hang my cowl," he answered, "You might want to say your goodbyes."

Jay and Joe were gone in a flash leaving us alone. Barry turned towards Iris and Wally.

"Don't worry. I'm gonna save your dad," he told them.

"No. You're gonna save our dad," Wally corrected him.

"Get back to Star Labs. It's safer," he ordered.

"We're not going anywhere," I objected.

"We got eyes and ears right here," Cisco answered.

"Either he goes, or we all die together," Caitlin added.

"We believe in you," Harry put his hand on his arm.

"Barry, kick his ass," I told him.

He smiled, "I love you."

"Tell me when you come back to me," I answered knowing he knew I loved him.

Barry was gone a few hundred feet in front of us with Jay as they talked. We watched as the magnetar started to light up.

"He's powering up the magnetar," Harry informed us.

"Come on, Barry," Cisco said, "Catch up."

A light went up into the sky and suddenly there was another Flash.

"Which one's Barry?" Jesse asked.

"Both of them," he answered, "He made a time remnant."

One of them suddenly left uncuffing Joe before he came running towards us. Zoom jumped out taking one of the Barry's to the ground.

"What is the time remnant doing?" Caitlin asked.

"He's creating his own pulse," Cisco answered.

"Why would he do that?" I asked.

"Because if that's out of phase, it'll counteract that one," Harry answered.

"Wait, his body can't handle that," Caitlin gasped.

"Then what's gonna happen?" Jesse asked.

"He'll die," Harry answered as a red light filled the sky as well before it disappeared and the machine shut down.

Barry and the other Zoom fought on the ground running every where. Finally, Barry had the advantage and shoved Jay to the ground about to kill him but a breach opened and black floating creatures flew out spinning around him before flying him off into the sky.

"Was that some Wizard of Oz flying monkeys shit?" I asked as everyone stared in awe. Barry ran back to us engulfing me into a hug suddenly.

"We did it," he grinned.

"I'm so proud of you," I smiled holding onto him tightly not realizing how scared I had been. We rode back to Star Labs where and that's when Wally started rambling off questions about Team Flash.

"Okay, so you ran back in time and made a copy of yourself?" He asked.

"Well, uh basically," Barry nodded.

"It's called a time remnant," Jesse answered.

"It's not something that I can do everyday, but I needed a way to draw the time wraiths out of the Speed Force, hoping they'd be more upset at what Zoom had done than they'd be with me," he explained as Wally looked dumbfounded.

"Is that what I look like when they start talking about science?" Joe asked beside me to Iris.

"Me too," I nodded.

"Pretty much," she laughed.

"Don't worry, Wally. It'll get easier to understand," Joe told him.

"Well, how does that even work?" Wally asked.

"Same way Zoom did it. I ran back in time moments before I left," Barry answered, "It's the only way I can be in two places at once."

"Okay, so the time remnant, it's still you?" He asked.

"Yeah," he nodded.

"But he died," Caitlin noted.

"Uh...he was willing to sacrifice himself for all of us," Barry answered.

"That's how much he loved us," I concluded.

"You know what? We'll just forget about it. Barry, I'm glad you're okay," Wally grinned giving up on trying to understand what had happened.

"In battle, choose your weapon wisely. Alright?" Harry fought back to Cisco in the infirmary as they tried to get the man from Zoom's lair's helmet off, "Some people choose a gun. I choose a phillips-head screwdriver."

"Oh, oh, I'm sorry," Cisco apologized sarcastically, "You're so particular."

"Ramon, can you just please...have you ever worked with a tool before?" He asked.

"I'm working with one now," he sighed as I watched them unlock the helmet.

"I don't know what's more annoying, being in that thing or listening to you two arguing about it," a familiar voice said and I saw Barry turn around as his dad's doppelganger walked into the cortex.

"You're..." Barry started.

"Jay Garrick, the real Jay Garrick," he answered as we were all silent, "What?"

"I'm sorry. I...I'm sorry," Barry walked out of the room.

I wheeled after him and found him in the hallway crouched against the wall with his head in his hands crying, "Barr," I said softly coming up beside him.

"He looks just like him," he stuttered over his words pointing to the room, "He looks just like my dad, Sadie. I can't...can't believe this. My dad told me this. He said...he said his mom's maiden name was Garrick. I just never thought that that meant..."

Barry broke down and I grabbed his shoulders, "Barry, Barry."

"I never thought that meant..." he stumbled.

"Barry," I stopped him, "He doesn't know that. He doesn't know that he's your dad's doppelganger, okay? You want me to tell him that you had to leave?"

"No," he shook his head.

"You sure?" I asked squeezing his hand.

"Yeah. I just need a minute," he sighed turning to the wall, "I'll be alright."

I went back into the cortex and the new Jay had a different kind of Flash suit on.

"Sadie, I'm glad to see you're okay," he told me and I nodded.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't try to communicate to you more," I told him as Barry walked in.

"So the reason you didn't have your powers is because there was a dampener in the mask," Cisco told him, "You see?"

"I don't want to see this thing ever again," Jay took it from him and vibrated his hand through it and broke it in half.

"So your powers are back," Cisco nodded.

"I see Jay, excuse me, Hunter, stole your color scheme too," Joe pointed out.

"He took a lot of things that were mine, except for that," he pointed to the metal hat with wings, "That's, um, that's all him."

"He said it was his father's from the war," Iris told Jay.

"Ironically, on my...on our earth. This helmet stood for hope," Harry said picking it up.

"Well, maybe I can continue that sentiment, take something from him, for a change, make it my own," Jay offered taking it from him and putting it on his head.

"It suits you," Caitlin nodded.

"Thank you, all of you, for saving me from Zoom, especially you, Flash," Jay told Barry.

"You're welcome, Flash," he nodded.

"Now all I have to do is find my way home," Jay said.

"And where's that?" Cisco asked.

"I think you would call it, Earth-3," he answered.

"Uh huh, I can get you to Earth-2," Cisco offered.

"My daughter and I can help you the rest," Harry added.

"We can?" Jesse asked excitedly.

"Yes, we can," he nodded, "We're going home."

We all went to the basement to say our goodbyes and I hugged Jesse tightly, "Stay out of trouble," I told her.

"I will, you get better too," she nodded.

Once we were all done they thanked us before Jay grabbed them and Cisco opened a breach and they were gone and Cisco turned to us.

"Well we won. Let's go celebrate!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 4.1K 36
"...and she knew that the Oliver that had come home to them was not the same Oliver that had gotten on they damned boat." Cali Merlyn had a r...
8.3K 284 36
When Y/N leaves for a year to gather all of her thoughts and returns she is heartbroken. She wonders if she should've never left or if she should jus...
115K 2.7K 46
Book of the Is It Love? series, and This Is Love. Be sure to read those two before this one, otherwise it won't make sense. ?
4.3K 19 12
*Rewriting Story* Sadie finds out Walt is cheating on her with Jaz and so she runs away from Brooklyn house to Long Island were Percy Jackson in the...