Everything Happens For A Reas...

By learntolivewithout

After the singularity Sadie Merlyn decides to do what she does best. Run away. Run away from her new life, fr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Epilogue

Chapter 15

582 13 1
By learntolivewithout

Everything went dark suddenly and I could hear a faint ringing then came the pain again as my body went numb. Then the air flew into my lungs and I gasped opening my eyes.

"Oh thank god."

I looked around and found I was lying on the ground in Barry's lab at CCPD. Caitlin held my head in her lap as she pressed a wet towel to my face.

"What happened?" I groaned trying to sit up but she pushed me back down.

"I wouldn't move if I were you. It could get really painful," she told me.

"It already is," I sighed.

"Zoom, he hit you, really hard. It's all my fault, I shouldn't have put your life in danger," she answered dabbing the towel on my head, "I thought you were dead, for the longest time, but you were still breathing and then you got a fever."

"Caitlin, this isn't your fault, I did it at my own free will," I grunted, "How long have I been out?"

"Almost a day and a half. I was starting to get really worried but Zoom won't let me take you to the hospital," she answered.

"It's okay, Barry's coming for us," I informed her.

"How do you know?" She asked.

"I saw him, while I was asleep, I was put into the Speed Force. I know it's far fetched but I'll tell you later when it doesn't hurt to breathe," I sighed when I heard footsteps.

"Cait, please," Jay's voice walked behind us.

"I asked you not to call me that," she shot back.

"Oh good, you're awake," he looked at me and I turned away from him,

"Caitlin, we've been through this again and again, and we've gotten nowhere," he sighed leaning down beside us, "Now, I need to know...are you with me, or are you against me? Don't answer that yet. I'm gonna go out there, spend a moment speaking to my friends, and when I come back, you'll give me your answer. If you're here, I'll know you've chosen to stay with me. But if you're not here, I'll know you've chosen your friends instead." He got up and turned towards the door. "And I will show you exactly as much mercy as I will show them when we next see each other. So there you have it. I need to go."

Jay unlocked my cuffs and left the room and I looked at Caitlin, "We have to get out of here."

"My brothers and sisters, my friends, I've brought us to this new world which lay before us, defenseless, ours for the the taking. The humans think that this planet belongs to them. Whose world is this?" Zoom yelled in the precinct.

"Our world," a bunch of people started chanting.

"Caitlin, please. We have to go," I pleaded she looked down at me before nodding and getting up. She reached down and tried to help me up with my one good arm but it was impossible to stand with my leg broken and something definitely was wrong with my ribs. Caitlin grunted trying to hold me up but it was not going to work, "Just leave me here," I sighed as the pain was too unbearable.

"No, I'm going to get you out of here like I said. I'm going to get you back to Barry," she fought back, "Come on."

We slowly made our way out of Barry's lab and towards the stairwell, "Caitlin, we're on the third story. I'm not going to make it."

"Not with that attitude," she shook her head pushing the door open to the stairwell as we started our descend.

I had to take a break after almost every flight but we slowly made it down. We went out the exit and found parts of the city in flames as we heard shouts through the streets as Zoom's army took over.

"Let's get somewhere safe and then I'll run to Star Labs as fast as I can and get Barry so he can help you," she told me and I nodded not able to speak anymore. We went a few blocks down to a gas station that looked vacant with broken windows and food and supplies scattered everywhere. Caitlin led me around the side to the bathroom and opened the door. "Not the most sanitary but it'll work," she sighed. My leg was covered in blood and she took a strip of her sleeve tying it around my upper thigh.

"Thanks Caitlin," I groaned holding onto the sink.

"Okay, lock the door behind me and I'll go get Barry," she ordered and I nodded.

Caitlin left and I locked the door before stumbling over to the wall and sliding down. I breathed deeply focusing on my breaths instead of the pain. Why did I come back here again? Why did I choose this? No, Sadie, don't think like that. You're here all because of Barry. This is all because of Barry and you need to stay alive for Barry. I went on slowly breathing wondering how much longer it was going to take Caitlin to get to Star Labs. It had already felt like she had left an hour ago. My body felt numb and my brain started to as well. I reached a shaky hand up to my forehead and felt that my head was burning and covered in sweat. Luckily the bleeding had stopped in my leg but I still felt distant as I tried to concentrate on anything. I blinked hard trying to keep my eyes open but it was just so hard. I breathed out a shaky breath watching the door waiting for Barry to phase through. My vision blurred from both tears and what I assumed to be loss of blood. I didn't want to die. I didn't want to die here. I wanted to stay. I closed my eyes and pictured myself back in the Speed Force with Barry and his mom and Tommy.

"Sadie?"

I opened my eyes slowly to hear a voice outside then Barry phased through the door and looked around the bathroom until his eyes landed on me.

"Oh, Sadie," he rushed to my side looking over my injuries, "Sadie, Sadie, Sadie," he repeated over and over as he saw me in pain. "It's okay, you're safe now."

I stayed silent, too tired to speak but when Barry lifted me into his arms I cried out in pain.

"I'm so sorry, love. Stay with me, please," he apologized, "Can you hold your breath?"

I nodded doing as told as he waited for me then he started running. In a blink we were at Star Labs.

"Somebody, please! Help!" Barry yelled running me to the infirmary bed.

I heard footsteps running in and Caitlin and Henry were by my side.

"She's got a fever, a definite broken leg and arm but there might also be a few cracked ribs and a concussion," Caitlin informed Henry.

"Okay, Sadie, we're gonna give you some morphine but it's not going to kick in for awhile," Henry told me, "We're going to have to put your injuries back into place."

"Barry, I might need your help," Henry told him as everyone else joined us watching from the doorway.

Barry looked at me before Cisco came over and gripped my hand tightly. Henry explained how to place my leg before he placed his hands on my upper body to keep me from moving and Harry came to help him as well. Barry grabbed my leg though I couldn't feel it.

"Okay, ready Barry? On my count," Henry started to force myself down. "One...two...
three."

My leg was snapped back into place but I couldn't hear it over my screams of pain as Barry apologized over and over again. My eyes filled with tears as I tried to stifle a sob.

"Her arm should be okay once there's a cast on it but there are ribs that must be out of place," Henry told them.

"I can't do it, Dad. I can't hurt her again," Barry shook his head.

"Barry, you're the only one strong enough that can. If you don't she could be paralyzed," Henry answered as he held down my legs with Harry.

"I'm so sorry," Barry said putting a hand on my face as I looked at him through my tears and nodded.

"Okay now grab her waist and place your hands on her mid back and your thumbs on her hips. You should be able to feel her rib cage and pop it back into place," Henry talked through with Barry and he did as told. "Ready?" Henry asked him and he looked at me and I nodded again.

"Okay," Barry nodded.

"One...two...three."

Barry forced my torso forward and I screamed even louder than before, crying out loud this time. He was by my side in a second stroking my hair out of my face.

"It's over, I'm so sorry, Sadie. I'm so sorry," he kissed my forehead, "She's burning up."

"The medication should be kicking in soon," Caitlin said checking over my vitals.

"I'm going after him," Barry started to leave but Harry stopped him.

"Woah, Barry, you're not in your right mind. You need to take a step back and breathe," he told him.

"He's right, son. Sadie needs you now," Henry said putting a hand on his shoulder.

I shut my eyes breathing in slowly as some of the pain went away after a little bit.

"Sadie?"

I opened my eyes to find the room was empty except for me and Henry.

"Here, this might help," he reached forward and placed a breathing tube in my nose and looped it around my ears.

"Thank you," I managed to croak out.

"No need to thank me. You're apart of the family now," he grinned, "Barry is trying to go after Zoom and the others are trying to talk him down. They were making too much noise so I kicked them out."

I smiled and stifled a laugh but it hurt too much.

"He's very strong willed, like you, I think he gets it from his mother," Henry sighed and I reached and slowly placed a hand on his.

He smiled looking at my hand on his, "You're a lot like her. I wish you could have met her," he paused looking at my heart monitor, "Get some sleep, Sadie."

Henry got up and crossed the room and I sighed closing my eyes going to sleep right away for the first time in weeks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 3.1K 30
❝Run, Barry, RUN!❞ ❝Life is locomotion. If you're not moving, you're not living. But there comes a time when you've got to stop running from things...
1.9K 128 27
When 16 year old Hannah meets a boy that she met online she realizes that being friends isn't the only thing either one of them wants. They both want...
115K 2.7K 46
Book of the Is It Love? series, and This Is Love. Be sure to read those two before this one, otherwise it won't make sense. ?
169K 3.6K 43
Sadie, could never be happier. She had it all, great parents, a best friend, and a boyfriend. But one day Sadie runs into somebody from her past, wil...