Everything Happens For A Reas...

By learntolivewithout

After the singularity Sadie Merlyn decides to do what she does best. Run away. Run away from her new life, fr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Epilogue

Chapter 9

597 12 0
By learntolivewithout

A reminder that Barry goes back in time so some of this chapter is a repeat.

"Boys," Thea rolled her eyes as we went back to work. Diggle, Laurel and Thea left to go check out Argus for anymore files while the rest of us waited for Oliver and Barry to come back.

"24 hours," Oliver said walking into the kitchen.

Barry walked up beside me, "Can we talk?"

I sighed, "Yep."

He took me out the front of the house and to the driveway.

"What the hell was that?" I started but before I could finish Barry grabbed me and kissed me which made me forget for a second that I was mad at him. "Barry," I tried to get away, "Barry, get off," I phased through his arms.

"I'm sorry, I didn't let you go," Barry rambled, "I'm just worried about you whenever I leave you or we go out in the field and I know I shouldn't worry about the future so I'm not going to anymore."

"Um, okay?" I said taken back by his words.

"I also want you to know that your dad truly cares about you," he said.

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"Well when we met with Savage he said we had 24 hours to hand over Kendra and Carter or he'll blow up all of Central City, which he can do," Barry explained, "Malcolm was all against us fighting Savage. He threatened Oliver that if his stubbornness gets his daughters killed he's going to come after him." 

"Really?" I asked surprised.

"Yeah, I just wanted you to know that he does care for you and that though you may not like him, he won't let you down," Barry said putting a hand on my arm but this time I didn't shake it off.

"What's with this sudden change in heart, Barry?" I asked.

"I just wanted you to know just in case something happens," he answered and I nodded.

"Thank you for telling me the truth," I reached for his hand and squeezed it and Barry grinned we walked hand in hand back to the house and found everyone working trying to find a way to stop Savage.

"Oliver, you were right," Cisco walked in with Kendra behind us, "I don't know how you knew, but you were right."

Everyone turned to him as he walked up to Oliver.

"The gauntlets won't work, they're missing a critical element," he said as we joined the group.

"How do you know?" Diggle asked him.

"Because I remembered," Kendra answered, "I remember how Savage killed us the first time, back in Egypt."

"I've never been able to remember our first death," Carter told her.

"Well, these sky rocks...meteors, they fell and they completely destroyed the royal palace," she went on.

"During the Middle Kingdom, Egypt experienced a high level of meteorite activity," Felicity added as we looked at her, "I know stuff," she shrugged.

"Which is one of the many reasons we love you so much, but also doesn't seem to help us stop Savage," Laurel told her calmly.

"It's the calamity Professor Boardman was referencing," Kendra answered, "The meteors, they had a glow about them. And Savage's staff had two gemstones with the exact same glow."

"Yeah, the gemstones might be made up of the same element as the meteorite," Barry suggested.

"The Egyptians would use meteorite in their craftsmanship," Felicity said running to her computer, "And the minerals glow in proximity to each other."

"Like Sankara Stones," Cisco added.

"Oh, wait, the Indiana Jones reference it the only thing I understood," Thea pointed to Cisco.

"Two pieces of the sam meteorite, like an nth metal that is the key to counteracting the staff," he finished.

"Believe it or not, this isn't actually the craziest thing I've heard today," Oliver sighed glancing at Barry.

"There's a sample of the meteorite from the Middle Kingdom at the Keystone City Museum...." Felicity started but Barry was gone leaving a gust of wind beside me and then was back handing Cisco a stone, "Of Natural History."

"Hopefully I got the right one," Barry said.

"I could synthesize the compatible isotope out of this and coat the gauntlets with it," Cisco answered staring at the rock.

"Okay. Do it," Oliver nodded patting Cisco's shoulder before turning to the rest of us, "Savage doesn't know that Kendra has gained access to all of her abilities. It makes you our ace in the hole."

"Where do you need us?" Diggle asked for the rest of us.

"Suit up," Oliver ordered.

Everyone suited up and went to the warehouse where the exchange was going to be made. My place was up in the rafters waiting for my cue to fight. Vandal Savage entered the building speaking with Barry, Oliver, Kendra and Carter.

"It's wonderful to see you again, my love," Savage told Kendra.

"I will never be your love," she spat.

"That always makes this easier," he said pulling a knife from his belt before walking towards her, "Chay-Ara, parting is such sweet sorrow."

He raised the knife just as Oliver shot through both of their cuffs yelling at Kendra as her wings sprouted and she flew at Savage knocking him off his feet. Diggle drove the van into the warehouse as I jumped from the rafters phasing through the ground and forcing myself back upwards. Savage shot at the van with the staff and everyone hopped out as Laurel used her canary cry and Diggle shot. He shot with his staff again and we all jumped out of the way before running at him. Barry ran at Savage taking the staff from him telling us to clear out of the way. Carter ran at me and Thea and grabbed us flying into the air away from Barry and Oliver who were trying to keep the staff on Savage. When there was an explosion and we landed running back to the two.

"Did we do it? Is he gone?" Kendra asked.

"Yeah, it looks like," Carter nodded, "I knew you could do it."

"I have the strangest feeling of deja vu," Laurel said.

"You're not the only one," Oliver agreed.

We returned to the farmhouse and everyone parted ways since we didn't have to stay here any longer and got ready to leave tomorrow. I zipped up my duffel with my suit in it.

"I wouldn't pack that up too quickly," Barry smiled.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"We still have that date I promised and I asked Oliver if you and I could stay here one more night," he answered, "Though I'm not really sure how he got the house but we won't ask that question. Come on, I got some stuff to make dinner."

"No pizza?" I asked.

"Definitely not," he laughed.

I followed him into the kitchen and found a bunch of ingredients to make pancakes. "Pancakes?" I giggled.

"Who doesn't like breakfast for dinner?" He grinned.

We made the pancakes and even had a small flour fight in the midst of it and sat down for dinner. After everything settled down for the night I went and sat out on the porch swing looking up at the stars. The front door swung open and Barry walked out looking around until he found me. He smiled walking over and sitting beside me as I leaned into his shoulder as we looked up at the sky.

"I've never seen so many stars," Barry said after a few minutes.

"Yeah, it's really pretty," I agreed as it went silent again, "Do you think we could ever live in a house like this? Live normally?" I asked.

"I'm not sure," he answered truthfully.

Barry was right, no matter how much we didn't want to think about the future we couldn't help it. It was all hopefulness that we would live in a farmhouse, have kids and grow old together but with these kind of lives no one could ever tell. "Barry?" I asked softly.

"Yeah?"

"Promise, that if something ever happens to me you won't try to save me," I told him and he was silent, "Don't go back in time and try to change what happens. Everything happens for a reason and I don't want to ruin anyone else's lives just because of mine."

Barry didn't say anything after that but he knew I was right. We had already seen what could happen if he went back in time and changed the past. If I died and he tried to save me it could affect so many people and I couldn't let that happen.

The next morning Barry left to meet with Oliver, Cisco, Kendra and Carter before they left and dropped me off at my place where Team Arrow was staying.

"And who gave you a key?" I asked as they all looked at me walk through the front door.

"We were just leaving," Felicity laughed.

"Yeah, sure you were," I sighed as they grabbed all their luggage.

"How are you and Barry?" Thea asked as they got ready to leave.

"We'll be good," I nodded, "We are good."

"I'm glad," she smiled hugging me, "Because like I said before I'll kick his ass if he hurts you."

"And now I truly believe it," I nodded. I said goodbye to them all as they went to go meet Oliver. A few minutes later I got a call from an unknown number. "Alright, if you want to be in my life again you're going to have to give me a number to keep in my phone under Ninja Dad."

Malcolm laughed, "Sadie, I just wanted to say that I'm glad you're safe."

"Thanks, you too. About what I said the other day..." I started.

"It's okay if you don't forgive me, Sadie," he answered.

"I know, but I want to or I'll try to," I told him truthfully,

"Sadie..." He paused, "I love you."

"See you around, Dad."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 3.6K 43
Sadie, could never be happier. She had it all, great parents, a best friend, and a boyfriend. But one day Sadie runs into somebody from her past, wil...
64.1K 1K 23
Sadie Merlyn decides to move to Central City to leave her past in Starling City when she gets in an accident after the particle accelerator explodes...
153K 3.1K 30
❝Run, Barry, RUN!❞ ❝Life is locomotion. If you're not moving, you're not living. But there comes a time when you've got to stop running from things...
1.3K 45 13
❝ okay, so i am going crazy ❞ in which, vixie allen returns from her trip only to be right about oliver not being dead, and of course they managed...