Everything Happens For A Reas...

Per learntolivewithout

After the singularity Sadie Merlyn decides to do what she does best. Run away. Run away from her new life, fr... Més

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Epilogue

Chapter 5

1K 21 1
Per learntolivewithout

The next morning I woke up still in Barry's arms and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I stayed still not wanting to wake him up as I watched his face as he slept noticing my eyesight had gotten immensely better. I don't know how long I sat there but it was long enough for him to wake up.

"What are you doing?" Barry murmured.

"Watching you sleep," I answered.

"Because that isn't creepy," he smiled as I nudged him, "Hey!"

"I'm gonna go make breakfast," I said getting up from the couch and walking into the kitchen. I started the coffee machine and put bread in the toaster before grabbing my laptop.

"What are you doing?" Barry asked wrapping his arms around me a few minutes later.

"Looking for jobs," I sighed leaning my head back onto his chest.

"What about Jitters?" He suggested.

"I can't make coffee for the rest of my life, Barry," I answered as I went on scrolling, "I have to find something that would also work around saving the city."

"I have to go meet with Caitlin and Cisco will I see you at Star Labs?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'll be there after this," I nodded. Barry kissed the top of my head before he was gone in a blink and my hair flew behind me. I scrolled through a bit longer when my phone rang, "Hello?" I answered.

"Sadie, it's me," Thea's voice was hoarse.

"Thea? Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm not alright but..."

"What happened?" I cut her off.

"Well Sara is alive and she tried to kill me because she thinks I killed her," she explained.

"What the hell?" I asked but a majority of the time when I was in Star City I said that.

"Yeah, I mean I'm fine. I'm in the hospital..."

"You're in the hospital!" I shouted.

"Sade, I'm fine. I didn't call you for sympathy I just wanted to check up on you," Thea sighed, "How are things?"

"Good, I'm back in Central now, currently looking for a job," I answered.

"Why are you looking for a job?" She asked.

"Because I need money to survive," I laughed.

"Why don't you use some of Dad's money?" Thea asked, "I feel bad using it myself."

"It just doesn't feel right," I shrugged.

"Sadie, please it'll make me feel better. You can just use enough to get back on your feet," she answered.

"Okay, fine," I sighed.

"Good, so anyways, you and Barry are still a thing?" She asked.

"Yeah we're still a thing," I laughed.

"Good, because if he hurts you I'll kick his ass," Thea answered.

"Thanks, Thea. It was nice talking to you," I smiled.

"You too, Sadie. I miss you," she said.

"I miss you too. Get better," I answered before we both hung up. I walked downstairs to get in my car to realize that I had left it at Star Labs. I pulled out my phone dialing Barry's number.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I need a lift," I answered.

"Okay, be there in a second," he hung up and I put my phone away just in time to breathe as Barry picked me up and started running.

We got to Star Labs and he set me down, "Thanks," I smiled.

"Anything for you," he kissed the side of my head before leaving quickly to go talk to Doctor Light.

Caitlin and Cisco sat at the desk while I joined them.

"Good morning," Cisco grinned.

"Morning," I nodded, "What's the plan for today?"

"We never have a plan, Sadie," he shook his head and I agreed.

Barry walked back into the cortex with Joe explaining what Doctor Light had told him about Zoom.

"Zoom wants Doctor Light to send him your new emblem?" Caitlin asked as she grabbed a cup of coffee and Barry stood in front of us.

"Yes. We need it for bait. If we get Doctor Light to take my emblem, throw it through the breach, then Zoom will come collect my body and we can trap him," Barry explained.

"You know it took a lot of work to make that emblem, right?" Cisco sighed putting his hands behind his head.

"This is the woman who was willing to kill Linda in order to escape Zoom, but now she's willing to help us catch him?" Caitlin asked.

"She knows it's the only way," Barry shrugged.

"Before I left Earth-2, I worked on a serum to dampen Zoom's speed," Harry walked in from the lab, "All we would need is for Ramon to develop a weapon and deliver it."

"Oh, great, that could be this year's cold gun," Caitlin said sarcastically, "Maybe another criminal can get it, and then we'd have Sergeant Slow."

"I would never let that happen," Cisco sighed, "Sergeant Slow is a terrible name."

"Are we forgetting how much more powerful than Barry Zoom seems to be?" Caitlin asked, "I mean, if Barry can catch bullets, what's to say Zoom can't catch whatever you shoot at him?"

"Surprise, the element of surprise," Harry answered, "All we would need to do is rig a projectile to fire as Zoom crosses into the breach. He can't stop what he can't see coming."

"That's great," Barry nodded.

"Thanks," Harry said before Caitlin turned to Joe.

"Joe, voice of reason here?" She asked.

"We need a plan," he said simply, "That's as good as any. As long as he can deliver."

"Don't underestimate me, Detective," Harry answered as Barry's phone buzzed.

"Oh, Patty needs us back at the station," Barry told Joe as he headed for the door, "I'll meet you there, alright?"

Joe looked at the three of us nodding his head out the door and we walked over.

"Are you just forgetting everything Jay told us and supporting Wells now?" Caitlin asked him.

"Oh, no, I don't trust Wells at all," he answered, "I just want to see what he's up to. I figure we give him some rope, he'll hang himself."

"Yeah, I'm totally with you. I think he's hiding something," Cisco said and I agreed.

"Look, my hunch after interrogating suspects all these years, something's not right with this dude. Barry told me about this thing you can do?" Joe asked Cisco.

"Vibing," I nodded.

"Oh, God, just relax," Cisco groaned at me.

"Can you do it with Wells?" He asked.

"I can try," Cisco nodded before Joe left and we walked back into the cortex.

"So how are we going to make sure that Doctor Light doesn't try anything stupid during all of this?" I asked as we sat back down at the desk.

"I have a few ideas," Cisco nodded he went down to her cell. A few minutes later he came over the PA system, "Doctor Light has gone invisible! Lock the doors!"

Caitlin and I went tapping away at the computers.

"The doors aren't responding," I panicked as Harry joined us.

"None of the security protocols are responding," Caitlin answered.

"She's hacked the system," Harry said as Caitlin called Barry.

"Barry, Doctor Light is escaping," she told him but she was already gone.

Cisco, Joe and Barry brought up her suit dropping it on the table.

"Doctor Light managed to hack into the lights of her cell. The whole building runs on fiber optics that operate on pulses of light, so she turned off the dampeners and used her powers," Cisco explained.

"I told you how dangerous she was. You should have listened to me and sedated her," Harry sighed.

"I thought I had convinced her that helping us was the only way she'd free herself from Zoom," Barry answered.

"Well, you thought wrong," he sighed as Barry shrugged angry.

"Okay, look, Doctor Light is gone, so instead of assigning blame, let's try and figure out what we're gonna do next," Joe said calmly.

"Do you think she's gonna try and take Linda again?" I asked.

"I had Iris bring Linda to the house, just in case, to keep an eye on her," Barry answered, "How are we doing with the speed-dampener?"

"I think we isolated composite," Caitlin answered.

"And we're modifying the dart the Arrow used to take down Wells," Cisco added.

"He's not Wells. I'm Wells," Harry sighed.

"Whatever, Harry," Cisco spat back.

"But we don't even know if this thing works," Joe answered.

"Until we try it no," Harry agreed, "This will be a field test, so can we end this scintillating staff meeting and get back to work?"

"Or how about I say what everybody's thinking? Maybe it's a good thing that Doctor Light is gone. Maybe it's the universe stopping us from doing something really stupid," Joe asked.

"No," Barry fired back, "No. Keep going. I'm gonna figure out another way to get Zoom."

Joe and Barry left and Cisco and Caitlin tried to get answers from Wells leaving me in the cortex alone. An hour later there was suddenly a breeze behind me and I blinked and my vision was blurry. I felt my face and found that my mask was on and my glasses were on the table just as Iris, Linda and Barry walked in as the Flash.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Since Linda and Doctor Light are obviously identical were going to have Linda dress up as her to trick Zoom," Iris told me.

"Oh, that's an interesting idea," I nodded. Iris went to go help Linda change and Barry walked up to me.

"I have an even more interesting idea," he said.

"Oh and what's that?" I asked spinning around in my chair though all I could see was his blurry figure from across the room.

Barry handed me a suit and I looked at it, "Oh no, no, no, no," I shook my head, "I am not dressing up as Earth-2 Phaser."

"I know it's putting a lot at risk and I don't want to put you in danger but I'm afraid Linda might crack under pressure and she could get hurt too," Barry explained and I was silent.

"I'm not gonna say you're right," I groaned getting up to follow where the girls went. Phaser-2's suit was exactly like mine, just as hard to get in as well. Once I was dressed I met with Caitlin and she handed me a container.

"Here are your contacts they should work with your powers and they also have a little tracking device in them if something were to happen to you," she explained.

"Thanks Caitlin," I smiled going over to a mirror to try and put them in. It was difficult at first since I was squeamish about touching my eyes but I finally go them in. Caitlin and I found everyone down in the basement where Cisco had cardboard cutouts of almost everyone.

Caitlin handed Linda a pair of gloves, "With these gloves that Cisco rigged up, you'll be able to do what she does."

"Don't worry, they are totally safe," Iris comforted her.

"Ish," Harry added.

"Ish?" Iris asked.

"Well, come on, it's gotta be believable, so they really do fire and explode things," Cisco shrugged then turned to Barry, "And you are going to have to let her hit you with those blasts when she gets the hang of it."

"Who exactly came up with this terrible idea?" Joe asked.

"Right?" I agreed.

"Okay, it's not a terrible idea. The suit absorbs the blasts," Cisco explained.

"For real or ish?" Iris asked and I grinned.

"What does a terrible idea look like to you, Cisco?" Joe asked him.

"Okay, you know what? I like to think I can see the bright side of things, okay? Positivity, people," he answered.

"Alright, alright. So just hit the ones of me. Okay?" Barry asked Linda as we walked up to the cardboard cut outs.

"Got it," she nodded.

"Great," he answered. Linda held up her hands and suddenly the gloves went crazy and she fell backward before we caught her.

Cisco yelled, "You know what? I'm just gonna adjust those a little. Screw driver. Coming. Coming!" He fixed her gloves before going back to his post.

"Okay, so, um, do the opposite of that, and we'll have it," Barry told her.

Linda went through as cardboard cut outs popped up and when the Flash one came her hands sparked.

"It's on fire," she exclaimed and Barry rushed to grab a fire extinguisher and put it out.

"Ooh, sorry," he apologized.

"My bad," Cisco raised his hand.

They went through the course a few times without any problems and I joined Joe and Cisco as they mandated the course.

"She's not doing terrible," I shrugged.

"I'm just glad you'll be there," Joe answered and I grinned.

Linda went to high five Barry but her hands blasted towards us and we all dove to the ground.

"You all good?" Barry asked us and we nodded.

"I'm really glad you'll be there," Joe added before we went up to the cortex after Iris and Linda left.

"Okay, no offense to Linda, but there is no way she can pull this off," Caitlin said.

"Well, maybe if she didn't scream every time she fired," Wells added.

"Yup, Linda had a rocky start, but she can pull this off," Barry answered, "I know she can and with the help of Sadie I'm sure we can fool Zoom. Did you find someplace near a breach where we don't have to worry about civilians getting in the way?"

"Yeah, there's a place by the docks that's usually deserted at night," Cisco answered.

"Awesome, how are we doing with the speed-dampener?" He asked Caitlin.

"My tests indicate that it should work," she nodded.

"It will work," Harry said before starting to walk out, "I'll tune up Ramon's gloves, make sure they work better."

"Okay, great," Barry followed him.

"Hey, are we actually going through with this?" Cisco asked.

"Yeah, we're doing this. I'm gonna have Iris get Linda ready," He answered before leaving as well.

We all turned to Joe who looked back at us, "Yeah, I'll go talk to him," he nodded.

"I don't know if it's safe enough to be around Linda when this happens or what if she freezes and doesn't know what to do?" I asked, "She's not ready."

"That's why we need you there, especially if Barry doesn't change his mind," Cisco answered putting a hand on my shoulder, "You'll be safe."

"I hope so," I sighed. Cisco went to go help Wells with the gloves while Caitlin and I waited for everyone to get back. Once we were ready to go Linda and I left for the docks walking around.

"I'm here to kill the Flash, and no one can stop me!" Linda yelled as we walked around.

I tried not to laugh at her fake confidence.

"How's that?" She asked into the comms.

"A little too much," Cisco answered, "Stop messing with the earpiece."

"You don't want to dislodge it," Caitlin added.

"I'm sorry," Linda apologized.

"You're doing great," I patted her on the shoulder. We walked a little bit longer when Barry was suddenly in front of us.

"Hey darling," I smiled using Phaser-2's pet names.

"Alright, here I am," he said as we walked in circles, "But we're gonna skip the part where you say you're gonna kill me and go right to the part where I don't let you."

"I'm here to kill you, Flash," Linda said trying to sound threatening and then whispered, "Wait, what are you doing? We're skipping that?"

"Yes," Barry nodded and I stepped in.

"We're loyal to Zoom, so get ready to fry," I said confidently as Linda raised her hands. She shot at him but obviously missed. Barry fell to the ground a few moments after groaning in fake pain.

"Gotcha," Linda smiled.

"Yeah, you did," Barry got up, "Real good."

"This is pathetic," I said under my breath. Barry ran at us before Linda shot at him a few times before he fell to the ground.

"Told you, Zoom always wins," I said reaching down to take off his emblem, "You're okay, right?"

"Yeah, yeah. I had to make it look good," Barry nodded.

"Here it is, Zoom. We did what you wanted. Now bring us home," Linda said taking the emblem at the air and suddenly an electrifying blue cloud appeared. We waited and nothing happened it went on like this for almost an hour and I saw Barry move.

"Hey, stop fidgeting," I whispered at him.

"Sorry, it's been an hour. I landed in a ridiculous position and my foot fell asleep," he answered.

"Stop being such a baby," I sighed.

"He's probably just waiting to see if you're really dead," Cisco answered, "Any minute now, he's gonna strike."

"No," Barry sighed sitting up.

"Sorry, I probably screwed up somehow," Linda apologized.

"No, Linda you did great," Iris answered.

Joe and Wells came down from their hiding spot and joined us. Wells kicked over some cans walking away from us.

"So Wells ain't taking this well," Joe said and we both agreed.

Joe and Barry walked off talking as Linda and I waited for the next plan. Finally we gave up and headed back to Star Labs. I changed from my suit and waited for Barry in the cortex as he finished talking to Joe. Barry walked in quickly towards me. "Hey," I smiled.

"Hey," he nodded getting closer.

"Want to go get some food?" I asked but before he answered he grabbed me by the waist and smashed his lips into mine holding me in place for a few moments. Barry pulled away still holding onto my waist and I gasped, "Wow, what did I do to deserve that?"

"I've just been thinking about what makes me happy, and having you in my life makes me happy," he chuckled.

"You make me really happy too, Barry," I smiled kissing him once more.

"Hey, oh sorry," Linda said walking in.

Barry had told her his identity so now that was another to add to the list of people who knew about us.

"No problem, what is it, Linda?" Barry asked.

"I was wondering if I could get a ride home by chance," she said.

"Sure, I'll drive you," I nodded and turned to Barry, "You head home and get some dinner and I'll meet you there."

"Sounds good," he nodded as I kissed his cheek before following Linda downstairs.

"I wish I could have kept the gloves at least," Linda said aloud as we went down in the elevator.

"What would you have done with them?" I laughed.

"Raves, duh," she giggled and then sighed, "I was thinking about a lot of things. Like how everything that happened to me the last few days would be the best story but I could never write it."

"Tell me about it," I laughed as we got to the first floor.

"Do you ever get used to it? Keeping a secret that big?" She asked.

"Honestly? No. It's a pretty heavy secret," I answered walking to my car. There was a flash in front of us and I blinked expecting to see Barry there but it wasn't. It was a man in all black with blue sparks flying off of him, "Zoom," I gasped and he lunged at us and before I could grab Linda's hand and phase, I was out. When I woke up next I found myself still in the garage and I rushed upstairs where Barry was lying unconscious on the floor as Caitlin tried to stabilize him. "Barry?" I cried running up beside her, "Stay with me, Barry. Please, Barry, please."

"We have to take him to the infirmary," Caitlin said as Cisco and Harry helped us. Joe ran in a few minutes later once Barry was stabilized as I sat by his side holding his hand.

"This is all you! If Barry dies, you die," Joe yelled holding Harry by his collar.

"Joe, Barry's vitals have stabilized. Let's let him go," Caitlin told him.

"No, Caitlin," he answered.

"Why? What does that do for Barry?" I asked.

"It's gonna help me," he shot back pushing him into the wall.

"Joe, stop," Cisco put a hand on his shoulder, "Who's Jesse?"

"How do...Jesse's my daughter," Harry answered, "Zoom has her. You've...you did vibe on me."

"Yes," Cisco answered as Harry put his hands on Cisco's shoulders.

"What did you see?" He asked.

"I saw your daughter. She was with Zoom," he answered.

"But she's alive?" Harry asked.

"Yeah," he nodded and Harry sighed.

"Zoom sent you here like the others? You kill the Flash and you get your daughter back?" Joe asked.

"The only way I get my daughter back is, I capture Zoom," he fought back, "Do you understand? You love Barry. I love my daughter. And none of these children are safe as long as Zoom is here. I tried on my Earth to capture him. I failed. I thought I could bring him down here with Barry's help. I was wrong."

Harry left and we sat around hoping and waiting for Barry to wake up. I stayed by his side the entire night while the others went home to get rest. The next morning they came back and Cisco offered me a cup of coffee. "Thanks," I smiled. We sat and waited when I saw Barry start to stir.

"Hey, I think he's waking up," Cisco said as I sat closer.

"Barry. Barry? Can you hear me?" I asked as he blinked his eyes open.

"Hey," he sighed.

"You scared the crap out of us," Cisco chuckled, "You were gone for a long time."

"How bad is it?" Barry asked.

"Bad. If you didn't heal so quickly, I'd be very worried," Caitlin answered.

"Linda, he had her, is she okay?" He asked.

"She's fine. She's staying with some friends out in Coast City," Cisco answered.

"Zoom?" He asked.

"Let's worry about Zoom when you're up and about okay?" Caitlin suggested.

Barry tried to sit up, "Oh, no. You're staying put," I said putting a hand on his chest.

"Yeah, seriously, you got your ass kicked," Cisco added.

"No, guys, I can't feel my legs," Barry gasped, "I can't feel my legs."

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

2.3K 58 7
⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡ To believe what this story is about you need to do something first. You need to believe in the impossible. Can you do that...
1.4M 43.2K 75
"she was a storm not the kind you run from the kind you chase." NEW LIMITS BOOK 1 THE FLASH SEASON 1 || ARROW SEASON 3 (quote by r.h. sin)
115K 2.7K 46
Book of the Is It Love? series, and This Is Love. Be sure to read those two before this one, otherwise it won't make sense. ?
44.8K 1.8K 62
"I rush a lot of things, but I don't ever want this to be over." In which a lonely ER nurse falls in love with the fastest man alive. highest ranking...