Things I Hate About Adrian Va...

By 2WantLoveAnd2BeLoved

Ezra Drake hated Adrian Vang with a burning passion for reasons the even he himself could not explain. That'... More

Chapter One~ Ezra
Chapter Three~ Ezra
Chapter Four~ Ezra
Chapter Five~ Adrian
Chapter Six~ Adrian
Chapter Seven~ Ezra
Chapter Eight~ Adrian
Chapter Nine~ Ezra
Chapter Ten~ Adrian
Chapter Eleven~ Ezra
Chapter Twelve~ Adrian
Chapter Thirteen~ Ezra
Chapter Fourteen~ Adrian
Chapter Fifteen~ Ezra
Chapter Sixteen~ Ezra
Chapter Seventeen~ Ezra
Chapter Eighteen~ Adrian
Chapter Nineteen~ Ezra
Chapter Twenty~ Adrian
Chapter Twenty-One~ Ezra
Chapter Twenty-Two~ Ezra
Chapter Twenty-Three~ Ezra
Chapter Twenty-Four~ Ezra
Chapter Twenty-Five~ Adrian
Chapter Twenty-Six~ Ezra
Chapter Twenty-Seven~ Ezra
Epilogue~ Ezra

Chapter Two~ Adrian

68.9K 2.6K 5.9K
By 2WantLoveAnd2BeLoved

A/N chapter two. Let's discuss Adrian then.

"I swear that boy is in love with you," Helen said, immediately dropping down onto Adrian's bed and kicking her feet up against the wall.

Adrian stood in his doorway a moment longer, looking around his room, and then over his shoulder to the empty hallway. "You know you're not supposed to come here anymore," he said, stepping into his room and trying to be as quiet as possible as he shut his door. "My parent's don't like you".

Helen and Adrian had been inseparable for the past six years of their lives. Even when they were at separate schools, since she was a grade above him, they were always over at one another's houses after they were free from the confinements of education. She had been there through it all, and was his main center of support. Because of this, and many other reasons, Adrian's parents had a strong distaste for Helen and would kick her out every time she entered the premises with their knowledge.

"You're parents don't like you either, but you get to stay here," El pointed out, and Adrian groaned.

It was true. Since he had come out to his parents, three years ago, they had yet to meet his eyes. They (mostly his mother) still acted as his parents, driving him to his concerts and lessons, but that was only so people didn't assume that they were actually horrible people.

"Well, you can't stay. I'm going out". Adrian moved to his dresser, pulling out an even tighter pair of jeans than he was already wearing and throwing them at Helen before digging through a different drawer for a clean shirt.

"With David?" She asked, and Adrian rolled his eyes.

"Don't say his name like that," he said, but it had no fire.

"You're not fun outside of school". His best friend pouted when she said this and he sighed.

"That's because I'm not happy when I'm out of school". This was true. Being in school, surrounded by his friends, he was happy, but the second he got home, all he had were parents who rarely talked to him and a cat who couldn't. Adrian began pushing his pink skinny jeans down his legs and Helen smiled.

"I bet Ezra would like to see this," he rolled his eyes at her comment. "Come on, Dri. He's been obsessed with you since he first saw you. Him hating you is just his way of lying to himself about loving you".

Adrian shrugged. "Maybe, but I really don't think so". He really didn't, but since Helen brought him up he couldn't help but to think about the boy in question.

Ezra was strange. Most people just automatically liked Adrian. He was a happy person (when he wasn't at home), bubbly and kind and smart. But Ezra, for some reason, just didn't like any of that. Adrian would have thought he was attractive if Ezra wasn't scowling at him all of the time. Such a shame. The boy had beautiful eyes, that were green some days and blue others. He was tall, over six feet for sure, and his hair was a brown color that got lightened by the sun. Adrian's favorite part about him though was the cluster of freckles that were splashed across his face, beautiful marks that proved the sun loved him. Okay... so maybe Adrian still found him quite attractive.

"You haven't been paying attention then. He stares at you all of the time. I hear his friends teasing him about it in the hallways so he doesn't act that way around everyone-"

"Oh great. So now I'm not only a boy he hates, but I'm the only boy he hates".

"Oh shut up. No one could hate you. You're too pretty". This was a stupid argument, but he was prettier than most boys. Hell. Adrian was prettier than the majority of girls too. His hair was chocolate brown and straight, and he found pleasure in clipping it back out of his eyes so he didn't need to get his bangs cut every other day. His eyes were wideish and brown, and the lashes around them often made women jealous. Pink lips, white teeth. All soft, somewhat feminine features. He was okay with all of this about himself.

"When are you leaving me?" Helen asked quietly, and Adrian pulled on the new pants, jumping to get them up faster so he could cross the room and peer out of the window.

"He should be here soon". He switched out his shirt and then sat on the bed next to her. She was still upside down with her legs resting against the wall, and peered up at him, holding out her hand, which he took. Adrian was very, very gay, but he could appreciate the beauty of his best friend. She had long blonde hair that was braided over her shoulder, and her blue eyes were incredibly wide at the moment as she looked up at him.

"Be careful," she said softly, and he nodded. "Use condoms, and be aware of how much you're drinking and smoking. I know you're going to do it, but remember that smoking can kill you and drinking makes you stupid, and you're the smartest person I know, so don't over do it, please".

Everytime he went out since he had met David, she did this. What they did was stupid, but they were always careful about it. He didn't see why she always needed to freak out over it. They had been doing this for a long time.Eventually she would have to start trusting David to take care of him. Adrian sure did."We'll be safe. We always are. Also, I don't drink. You know this". There was a honk from outside and his phone buzzed from where he had left it on the dresser. "That's him".

David was nineteen, and had met Adrian a little less than a year ago outside of a drug store that they had hooked up in shortly after meeting. Since then, they used each other for comfort a couple of times a month. David would pick him up and they would go somewhere and do something to take their minds off of everything else.

David was his escape away from home during the hours he couldn't hid at school.

El followed him out of his bedroom, grabbing his phone for him and trying to tuck it into his tight back pocket. His parents looked up from the couch when they entered the living room. "Adrian, I thought we told you-"

"I'm just leaving," Helen snapped, and Adrian's mother fell silent. Neither of his parents questioned, or noticed as both of them, not just Helen, left the house. "Be safe, babe". He nodded at her, his eyes on David's car as they stood on the porch. "Call if you need anything".

"I always do". They parted, Helen going to her car and Adrian to David's, climbing in the passenger side without asking for permission.

"Hello gorgeous," the older man said, and Adrian grinned at him, taking a cigarette out of the carton in the cup holder and going to light it as the other pulled away from the curb. "Don't start that". David didn't do anything to stop him though. "You're too young to smoke. I don't want you dying on me".

This was stupid. He was sitting next to a man who made horrible decisions, some of which he could go to prison for, but was worried that Adrian would get caught smoking or dying of cancer- both of which were less likely than him going to jail. "Are you worried about me getting addicted?" Adrian asked, lighting the cigarette anyways and inhaling. "I don't get addicted to things". It was a gift. Adrian had always been able to smoke cigarettes without getting addicted to the niccotine. Few could, it was very rare, but Adrian took advantage of it when he needed to. David laughed.

"Just because you can't get addicted to them doesn't mean that you're different from anyone else when it comes to everything else," David claimed and Adrian huffed. "They can still kill you".

Adrian chose to ignore the last part. "I'm better that everyone else," he said, not caring that he was being cocky since he was with David, who knew him well enough to understand his sarcasm. "How do you keep forgetting this?"

Dave rolled his eyes but smiled as he took a quick left turn without signaling with his blinker, "I don't think you're incapable of getting addicted," David said, his eyes flashing as he looked away from the road to Adrian, who raised his eyebrows in question. "We can't forget your sex addiction". Adrian hummed, blowing smoke out between his lips.

He wondered what people from school would think if they saw him now. It was almost as if he had split personalities, and he couldn't decide which he actually belonged to. When he was at school, surrounded by friends and education and music, he was actually happy. He wasn't faking being bubbly and friendly, he actually felt like that. When he was acting like that, he could swear that it was the real Adrian.

But now, with the window rolled down so he could blow smoke out of it and feel the air pushing back his hair and making his eyes water as he thought morbid things about his life and his family, this felt real. This horribly painful reality felt real.

What would Ezra think of this boy? He was completely different from the other, chipper one. This one smoked and had sex and didn't worry about the consequences of his actions before it was too late. It didn't matter what Ezra would think. He would never get to see this side of him.

"You're being awfully quiet tonight," David said, drawing Adrian's attention to him. David wasn't particularly attractive, but at the same time he wasn't unattractive. It differed from night to night. This night, he was looking particularly handsome and Adrian sighed, wasting time by staring at the man. "Are you okay?" He nodded slowly. "What's on your mind?"

I have to tutor a boy who hates me, my parents are ashamed of me, and state is in a month and I've been so stressed over the fucked up thing that is my life that I barely have time to work on my solo.

He didn't say any of these things. "I have a calculus exam tomorrow". This was true, but he wasn't at all worried about it. All subjects just came easy to him,even math. The current course he was in had just two kids in his class, him and one other boy, a senior named Liam, since they the only two in the school smart enough to take the class.

"I can take your mind off of it". David said it like it was a promise and Adrian wasn't about to protest.

"Pull over," Adrian demanded, unbuckling his seatbelt and crawling into the older man's lap even before the car had begun to slow.

By the time Adrian got a call from Ezra, he was relaxed, and most definitely didn't want to think about the other anymore. He answered the call anyways.

"Hello?" Adrian asked, hating how tired his voice sounded.

"Who is this?" Adrian had just assumed it was Ezra, since not many unknown numbers called him with the correct area code, but the second the boy spoke he was positive it was him.

"You called me," Adrian said, glancing out of the window of the parked car. David had eventually taken him to a field in the country and they were parked along side of it with the windows down so they could blow their smoke out into the night.

"Sorry. It didn't sound like you for a moment". Adrian sighed. "I thought maybe you had given me the wrong number". This was a brilliant idea and Adrian can't believe he didn't think of it.

"Sadly not". The line was quiet for a very long time and Adrian lit another cigarette, ignoring David's questioning look. "What do you want, Ezra?"

"Why do you say my name like that?" The other questioned, and Adrian rolled his eyes, amazed at the others ability you lose track of his own thoughts.

"That's not a question that you ask someone you hate. That's a question you ask someone who you wish to get to know better". Ezra scoffed.

"I asking because I want to add whatever stupid answer you give to the list of reasons why I hate you". It was such a simple answer and it made Adrian laugh.

"Ouch. Do you really keep an actual list?" If he did, it would be absolutely hilarious. "You must show it to me some time".

"Uhh... I don't have a real list. It's... it's-"

"Why'd you call, Ezra?" He asked, not caring to listen to the boy mumble on.

"Come over tomorrow around six and we can start".

Adrian had been asked by his English teacher if he'd be willing to tutor the older. For a moment, Adrian wanted to say no, and watch the other get kicked off of the soccer team, but he hadn't had the heart to do it.

"Yes sir". Ezra cleared his throat loudly.

"Stop smoking all my cigarettes. You'll have to pay with your body," David said suddenly, and then laughed as Adrian's eyes widened.

"Who was that?" Ezra asked, his voice suspicious. Adrian for once didn't know what to say.

"Come on baby. Hang up. Let me give you something else to think about," David cooed and Adrian felt his face heating up as Ezra heard all of this as well.

"Text me your address, I have to go," he said quickly, his words jumbling together and he hung up his phone. "You jealous cock". He climbed over the center console and onto David's lap once more. The man leaned forward, his lips going to Adrian's neck and sucking, leaving a mark that would be a pain in the ass to cover in the morning."You're not allowed to get jealous. Not when I'm only one of your many fuck toys".

"But you're my favorite," he promised and before Adrian could argue this, the seat of the car slowly lowered and he was shut up by the other's lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129 16 20
After having his entire world turned upside down, Oliver Lee leaves to attend a summer camp in hopes of escaping reality. There he finds his one and...
188 14 12
Adrian just comes to the realization that he might have feelings for one of his friends and teammate... Read to know more I guess 😈
17.4K 699 30
Life was simple for Kellin Quinn he was attending college on a music scholarship and he graduated high school at the top of his class. He is a bit r...
11.2K 279 11
Love is a complicated thing, a thing that very few can master. Andrew Smith, a sixteen-year-old student, is just trying to make it through high schoo...