Wife Swap Special Edition

By sweetsarasafety

What happens 20 years after Renesmee was born and the Denali family move in with the Cullens? A game of truth... More

Chapter 1: The Denali Family
Chapter 2: A Dangerous Game
Chapter 3: The Dare with Consequences
Chapter 4: The Letter
Chapter 5: Confession
Chapter 6: Good-byes
Chapter 7: The Delanys
Chapter 8: The 'Mum'
Chapter 9: First day at the Delany household
Chapter 10: Day one with the Cullens
Chapter 11: Day two at the Cullen's household
Chapter 12: Second day with the Delanys
Chapter 14: Day three with the Delanys

Chapter 13: Third day with the Cullens

636 7 18
By sweetsarasafety

Chapter 13:

Third day with the Cullens

Knowing the cameras would be watching us now in particular since the directors know by now that we're up to something, we'd all set our alarms the previous night. After that Edward and I had decided to read some books in the moonlight whilst we were 'sleeping'.

It is now three am and our alarms are all going off. If it weren't for Alice I'd have been worried they'd wake up Keira before we'd set everything up for her.

We quickly wash and get dressed before heading downstairs to meet up with the others.

"Good morning" yawned Nahuel.

"Good morning? Good morning? You mean great morning by that, right? I mean we are allowed to play pranks from now on." Teased Emmett.

"Yeah. Great. Let's get going, some of us still need some more sleep." mumbled Nahuel.

Guilt washed over me as I realized he'd only slept for a few hours and won't be able to sleep again until tonight.

"Sorry. I should have thought about your sleep pattern more, Nahuel."

"It's alright Bella." He smiled at me reassuringly, "I'm awake now. I would have been more upset had we not done it now just because I am one of the few of us who's got a regular sleeping pattern."

"Alright. Let's go, we need to go to the post office before they come here with the delivery truck, it'd ruin everything, as it would most likely wake up Keira. Now remember if she catches us when we return, act drunk and pretend we've been out clubbing since yesterday night. She went up to bed at around ten o'clock yesterday so we'll say we went out at around quarter to eleven." I repeated the plan for the cameras benefit more than anyone else's.

"Right, we all know the plan. Get to the post office and take all the stuff we ordered in our cars. Tanya, Kate, Garrett, Eleazar, Carmen and Nahuel you all take your cars. Bella you take your Mercedes Guardian, Edward your Volvo, Alice you take your car and Jasper you take Bella's Ferrari. I'll take my car, Emmett you'll take the Jeep. Jake you take your car, Leah you take Edward's Aston Martin and Seth you take Carlisle's Mercedes." Rose said whilst we were walking to the garage.

Just as we'd expected, just as we'd stepped out of the front door there were an extra two cameramen who were filming us and their black vehicle. So that they'd be able to come along. Their vehicle reminded me of the 1993 Chevy Astor Tyler Crowley used to drive before dad took away his drivers license all those years ago...

Rose had realized we'd be followed anyway so she'd contacted the director of wife swap last night and made a deal with them. They're allowed to follow us around as long as they leave us alone when we say we want our privacy. This way they won't follow us into the woods thinking we're planning something whilst we're mid-hunt.

One of the cameramen followed us into the garage, I don't think that they've ever seen it before. At least I don't think he's been in here from his facial expression, it was awe struck.

Once we'd all gotten into our designated vehicles he finally regained control over his previously slack jaw and ran to his vehicle to follow after us.

I went out of the garage first and knowing that we'd be on camera we only drove at the maximum speed limit.

Fifty minutes later we were at the post office who were currently loading up a delivery truck.

"Good morning Ralf!" Alice called cheerfully.

Ralf turned around from what he was doing, luckily he didn't have anything in his hands or he'd have dropped it right onto his toes, and blinked at us in wonder. Probably wondering how we remember him from when we 'moved in'.

"H-Hello. What can I do for you today?"

"We're just here to pick up the things we ordered online yesterday, it was over-night delivery." Jasper explained whilst sending soothing and friendly vibes towards Ralf and his co-workers who'd stopped to stare.

"Oh, we're just loading up the truck for you now. So it should be there in about an hour and a half."

"We were wondering if we'd possibly be able to take everything with us ourselves, it saves you the hassle and we'll be able to pull off the surprise we planned with the things better if we brought it back in our cars rather than in a truck which is unexpected." Edward reasoned.

"Alright then, although it probably won't fit into your cars with you all in them." said Ralf, "let's see what we can do."

I smiled at Ralf and lead them over to our fleet of cars along the side of the building.

Ralf and his co-workers who'd followed us seemed to become statues if it weren't for my supernatural senses I'd be scared that they'd looked into Medusa's eyes.

"Will we be able to fit everything into the cars?" Renesmee who'd gone in Jacob's car asked, as if we didn't know the answer due to Alice already.

"I-I-I think we'll be able to manage." Ralf's co-worker stammered out. "We'll just go and unload the truck and then we can load your cars."

"We'll help, it's always faster with more people." Emmett stated.

With that we all moved towards the delivery truck, before anyone could protest and past the surprised workers who'd probably assumed we were some sort of stuck-up rich children who wouldn't work a day in their life.

We each grabbed something from the truck which was addressed to us and headed back towards the cars, leaving the guys to carry all the heavier stuff. It'd look a bit suspicious if the girls were able to carry a box as heavy as we look, without any strain and lack of visible muscles.

The workers all joined in once we'd gotten our first load from the truck, having had time to recover.

Eleven minutes later we'd stowed everything into our vehicles and were thanking the workers for their help.

"See you later Ralf!" Alice called as we entered our cars.

He had a bewilderingly confused look on his face as to why she'd see him later. Alice seemed to realize he had no clue as to why this was.

"I have to come and pick up the new clothes I ordered! I can't just let the new spring season arrive at home when Keira is there without my supervision. She doesn't know where I want them and might damage them if she just puts them all in a pile." She explained.

I struggled to keep my face neutral and to control my laughter so that Alice wouldn't get angry at me.

As we drove into the garage at half past five I could hear Keira getting into her shower.

We got out of our cars and started to stash away all the things we'd bought with the camera filming us.

"Alright, Edward, Jasper and Emmett you need to create a diversion so that we can get into her room and set all our things up and make it unnoticeable what we've done. We'll need about forty-five minutes. Jake, Renesmee, Leah and Seth you should go to La Push now if you still want to meet up with the others on time. Rose you're helping me set up, Tanya and Nahuel you're on guard, the rest of you need to act natural so she won't get suspicious. That reminds me; Alice do you think you've got some fashion catalogs with you, so that you'll be ready to create another diversion if the boys can't hold her up long enough without making it suspicious?"

"Bye" chorused Jake, Seth, Leah and Renesmee as they got back into Jake's car and drove off.

Emmett, Jasper and Edward got out a Rugby ball and said they're ready.

"I also put some fake blood into the hollow tree in case you need it to hold her up some more" said Kate.

"Thank you. This is going to be awesome!" Emmett cheered, causing all of us to grin along with him.

With that they set off along with the others whilst I turned to the cameramen.

"Would you like to have something to eat? Garrett is going to make a bit of breakfast for whomever wants it, usually Esme would do it but I have a feeling Keira is going to be a bit preoccupied. Aren't you Garrett?" I called out to him as he was about to go out the garage.

"Sure. What do you want? Bacon? Eggs? Sausages and beans? Toast?" He asked whilst approaching us.

"Um, er, y-you really d-don't need to."

"Doesn't mean we don't want to. Come on, I need to know if I'm really a terrible cook or if they're all just winding me up ..." He said with a wink at me.

"Oh dear Garrett, you better not make a huge mess in the kitchen again." I chuckled.

"Me, messy? Now what would give you that idea?" he grinned and chuckled a bit.

"Alright, I guess we could eat a bite or two." The second cameraman consented.

"Alright, well I'm off to go help set things up. See you in a bit."

"Bye Bella!" Garrett called behind me as I rushed off.

I 'ran' up the stairs and could hear Keira finish getting dressed as I went into my room so she wouldn't spot me.

I heard her going down the stairs and say "morning everyone".

"Good morning Keira, how are you today?" Carmen said, polite as always, the others didn't respond as she knows we're still upset over yesterday. Or she assumes as it'd be suspicious otherwise after all the arguments.

"I'm good. Where are the rest of you?"

"Some went to visit some people in the reservation, some are still asleep and a few are playing Rugby outside." Carmen said nonchalantly.

"Oh well that's alright I gue-they are doing what outside?"

"Playing Rugby."

With that I could hear her running out of the house and received a text from Carmen:

She fell for it, you can go.

Rose and I came out of our rooms and Nahuel helped us carry everything into Keira's room and left to stand guard with Tanya.

***

As we went outside and waited for Rose's text to 'tell' us when Keira is coming down we made sure we all knew where the blood was so that we would be able to use it.

It's getting a bit tedious having to act normal all the time, we have to wait for a text even though we can hear when Keira is coming ourselves so that the camera's won't get suspicious.

Edward pulls out his phone and shows it to us.

Rude person in approach!

Have fun with the distraction.

Don't 'hurt' each other too bad or I'll have to put make-up on you so Keira won't find out...

Rose

We got into position and began our game.

I tackled Jasper for the ball the same moment the door flew open, glad she came to watch the show.

I'm so glad that another couple of cameramen are filming what's going on right now.

"What, do you think you're doing!?" Keira screeched at the top of her lungs.

"Playing Rugby, obviously."

"Don't get cheeky with me boy" she sneered at me.

"I was only pointing out the blatantly obvious, which you still managed to miss. I mean it's not difficult. There's a Rugby ball and we're running around with it and tackling each other, what else could we possibly be doing?"

Edward and Jasper sniggered.

"How dare-"

"- you, we've heard it before. Now excuse us but I was just about to score another point before you so rudely interrupted our game. That reminds me, turn the loud speakers down will you? We don't need our ear drums bursting because you can't control your volume."

"Stop lying Emmett, we all know I was about to wipe the floor with the both of you." Edward gloated.

"No way, you're loosing. I've got the highest score out of all of us, and don't even try to deny it." Jasper joined in.

"As if! Come off it. You can't play a proper game of Rugby to save your life Edward and Jasper you can barely talk. Who had to eat a bottle of Ketchup last week because they lost a thumb war to Leah again?"

"It's not as if you're all that great yourself Emmett." Edward scoffed whilst Jasper 'stormed' towards me.

Once he was close enough I stepped out of his way.

"If you're going to try and tackle me Jasper, make sure you know how to tackle someone first." I sniggered.

Jasper who'd 'missed' me and stumbled towards the hollow tree came at me with rage etched onto his face. He threw a punch at my face making my lip 'bleed'.

Keira screamed at us to stop whilst Edward went between us.

I elbowed Edward out of the way to get to Jasper and tackled him.

Edward got up and joined us. From the angle Keira was at she couldn't see Jasper passing me two packets of the fake blood nor could she tell I gave Edward one of them as he tackled me off of Jasper.

***

The boys sure seemed to be having fun when I looked out the window so that Keira wouldn't get suspicious as to why no one responded to her screams.

"Keira, be quiet will you? Some of us aren't death and what are you screeching about anyway?"

"Can't you see they're fighting? They are covered in blood!" Her horrified look nearly made me break out into laughter.

"As long as they are wearing their messy clothes and don't do it inside it doesn't really matter to me. They might fight a bit but they won't kill each other. I think." I shrugged and closed the window as I turned back around and towards the living room.

"How is it going Alice?" Garrett asked from the kitchen where he'd just about finished making a large breakfast, leaving the kitchen in a right state.

"She's buying it. The fake blood looks awesome. I think Keira might actually pop a vein soon if they don't break into laughter at the sight of her by accident."

"How long do you think she'll be occupied with them still?"

"A good ten minutes at least and that's if she manages to get them to stop right after they run out of fake blood."

The cameramen who were eating and had followed our conversation asked "aren't you worried that you'll get told off if Keira finds out or what about Carlisle?"

"Keira can't do anything to us, especially if she doesn't find out that we're behind everything. Besides even if she does find out this early she can't stop us, as soon as she realizes that we're behind all this we can pull some more obvious pranks rather than these natural ones." I said.

"Carlisle doesn't care that we're pranking her after what she did to Rose and how she's been treating us. Bella just has to approve of the pranks and he said he's alright with it. He just doesn't want to know what they are so he can honestly look into Keira's face and tell her he had no idea that we were planning that." Garrett continued.

"She deserves it anyway, I know that Esme wouldn't tell a stranger our whole backgrounds but she'd defiantly warn them about certain topics of conversation and about Roes's dislike to people she doesn't know living with us. If that's not enough then there's always the basic skill of being polite which we've all been taught which Keira sorely lacks towards those she deems bellow her. She doesn't even know us nor does she have any high ground to say she's better than us." I huff, getting slightly riled up about it.

My phone signals a message as I take it out of my back pocket.

"Got to fly, Jasper just texted, he says she's on her way and she's taken the Rugby ball with her." I scowl "She's told them to go sort themselves out and to stop acting like drunk meat-heads."

"Go on Alice, we're going to get back at her. Don't worry about them you know they're fine." Garrett calmed me.

"I'm not worried about them, they'll be fine, they always are in the end. It's the principle of the whole thing. She doesn't know that they're not really bleeding, they could be seriously injured for all she knows and yet she just tells them to get themselves sorted." I fume.

"Why don't you go and do your part now and we'll come up with something for her later on?"

"Okay, see you later guys, bye Garrett" and with that I skip out of the kitchen, straight into Keira who's knocked over by the impact.

I pretend to stumble back.

"Can't you watch where you're going?" Keira snaps at me.

"Sorry, I didn't see you there, I was looking at clothes, which reminds me. You have to come with me, so that we can discuss what you're wearing." I smile at her and grab her hand helping her back to her feet and drag her towards the couch.

***

Done.

"Let's go Rose. Have you made sure nothing is left behind under the bed yet?" I ask.

She nods with a grin as we walk out of the door and give the others a thumbs up to let them know we're finished.

After packing away the tools we head downstairs where Alice is still rambling on about Keira's lack of fashion sense and how she has to start applying make-up so that it doesn't make her look like a zombie.

Keira escapes Alice after half an hour by saying she has to prepare breakfast for everyone.

"Argh! What happened in here?!"

We break out into giggles but recover before Keira sees.

"I was hungry, so I made some breakfast" Garrett shrugs.

"So why haven't you cleaned up afterwards?"

"Because I already made breakfast even though Esme usually makes it so the least you can do is clean up the kitchen after I've already done your job for you."

Before Keira could say anything else Garrett walks out the front door and goes into the forest.

She stares after him incredulously, "where's he going?"

"He needs to be alone so he's going into the woods." I respond.

"Alice, the clothes should be arriving now, let's go." Rose says, with that they get up along with Tanya and Kate and head of to the garage.

"I'm going to go see Charlie, anyone want to come with me?" I ask.

"Wait a second! It's the middle of the week you all have school! What do you all think you're doing?!"

"We all got the day off today since the teachers all have one of those teacher training days." Rose grunts.

"Oh."

"Bye everyone" Alice chirps as she pulls the girls out the front door.

"I'll come with you Bella," Edward replied.

"Count us in too, we haven't seen Charlie in too long." Emmett said.

"Ha! you just want to have someone on your side of the argument of which team will win next Saturday Emmett." I teased.

"Please we all know that Emmett's team is going to loose, he bet against Alice again. Idiot." Jasper chuckled.

With that I waved at the others and headed to dad's house.

***

"Bella! Edward, Emmett, Jasper, where's the rest of the lot?" Dad greeted us as we came up the driveway.

Cameramen were following us, but we'd luckily told dad what's been going on and he knows our cover story as good as anybody.

"Hi Charlie, how was your fishing trip?" Edward asked whilst I was giving Charlie a hug as Sue came out of the house.

"Come in, don't just stand outside. Bella come help me, I'm trying to make your famous fish pasta dish but I can never seem to get it just right. I don't know what I'm doing wrong this time, it smells different." Sue shepherded us all into the house.

"Alright I'll come and look at it. Let me just get the cameramen some drinks first." I said to Sue, then turned around to talk to the cameramen who were still recording everything. "This is Sue and Charlie, they are part of our family, would you like anything to drink?"

They shook their heads and said "no, thank you".

With that I went into the kitchen and helped out Sue.

"I didn't catch anything last Saturday, the riverbank was too muddy to set up my gear. So Sue and I went to see Billy. That reminds me, when do we get to meet Esme's temporary replacement?"

"That's a shame, better luck next time. I hear the weather is meant to be better next Sunday." Jasper replied.

"You can meet her whenever you want Charlie." I heard Emmett say.

"Although I don't know why you would want to." Edward mumbled, sadly he did it loud enough for Charlie to hear, and the cameras.

"What's she like? If Edward isn't even polite about her, she must be something."

"Oh she's nice, as long as you're deemed worthy enough and don't have your own free will." Emmett said cheerfully.

"What's she done? And what have you all done to her?"

Dad knew us a tad too well ...

"She said we were disrespectful to her when all she's been doing is looking down her nose at us," Jasper said.

"And she was mean to Rose, you know what Rose is like with new people in the house Charlie. We know that Esme would have warned her but she just ignored it. She's nothing like Esme." Emmett said angrily.

"Calm down Emmett, she won't get away with it. We'll make sure of that." Edward soothed although I could hear that he was also fighting his own anger.

"Bella, how bad is she really?" Sue whispered to me.

The cameraman just walked out of the kitchen to join the boys after recording us going about the kitchen for a while.

"She's bad, Carlisle even allowed us to play pranks on her already and she hasn't even been here that long but she doesn't know her boundaries at times. We've given her several shots already but it always comes back to her yelling at us to show her some respect whilst she treats us unworthy and disrespectful."

Sue nodded her head.

The timer went off.

"Boys, come and sit down at the table. Food is ready." Sue called out as she dished out some for everyone.

We sat down and ate the vile tasting substance whilst making small talk and smiling at one another and complimenting Sue on her cooking. She knew that we were repulsed by it yet gave it to us so we wouldn't blow our cover.

Almost forgot that we have to actually eat now.

Well I say forgot, more like it slipped to the back of my mind.

Edward once told me that Charlie suspected what we were because we don't tend to eat but he doesn't really want to know. So this must come as a slight shock to him that we're actually eating the food.

"It feels like I haven't eaten your fish pasta in a long time Bella." Emmett said.

"I guess I haven't made it in quite some time." I chuckled slightly.

"So when are we going to have another one of our campfire gatherings? Paul and I have an arm wrestle to do." Emmett grinned.

"I'll look if I can organize one for next weekend, Emmett, this weekend we've got our hands full with Keira."

"But Bella," Jasper whined "can't we do that next weekend? I want to see Jared trying to beat Edward in a race again."

"No. This weekend we'll have our agenda full. We're even going to go to the shooting range, so quit your whining."

Their eyes gleamed mischievously and sly grins took their place on all three sets of faces.

"Jumping the gun that fast isn't the answer Bella. I might be related to you but that doesn't mean I'm willing to be accomplice in murder, so please don't kill her or I have to testify against you." Charlie said whilst looking rather panicked.

"Calm down Charlie. They won't kill Keira, they'll merely intimidate her enough so that she doesn't overstep the boundaries anymore. Now I want you all to promise me that unless she does something to get on your bad side after this weekend you won't play anymore pranks on her. Alright?"

"Come on Sue, we rarely even get permission to prank anyone who's not in the family. Let alone get Bella to approve of the pranking." Emmett sulked.

"What would Esme want you to do?" Sue gave us a pointed look, making us hang our heads in shame.

"We promise."

"Good. Make sure the others do the same, or else you'll all have to answer to me." She smirked whilst we all chuckled. The cameramen on the other hand grew tense and looked worried.

"Don't worry she won't hurt us, she'll just make us regret it, dearly. Sue you're not going to use your connections to put up posters around La Push like you did last time. Right?"

"If I tell you, I'd have to kill you." with that being said she winked at us and collected our empty plates to wash.

"Last time Sue wanted to punish us she spoke with Esme who gave her photos of us where we were doing something embarrassing on them and then put them up all over La Push were our other family lives." Edward chuckled whilst telling the cameramen.

"It was nice seeing you both again, feel free to pop in anytime at the house. We have to get going now though or we won't make it in time to pull the next prank on Keira." I said whilst hugging Sue and dad tightly.

"You be careful and don't go over the speed limit" dad called after us as we headed out the door, "love you."

"Bye!" Sue waved next to him.

"Bye, love you too." I yelled out the car as Edward reversed out of the drive.

"Prank time" Emmett grinned and high-fived Jasper.

Upon our arrival I saw that some of the pack also came, they must have heard about the prank going on in a little while.

We parked the car and went into the house where everyone was assembled, including Keira.

"Jake, why'd you let the wolf out of the bag?" Emmett chuckled.

"It was actually Renesmee who let the wolf out of the bag as you put it Emmett." he replied and a smirk pulled on his face.

"I thought it'd be more fun if there are more of us." Renesmee piped up and whispered "plus I want to see what she'll do if there are other people there as well."

That settled it then.

Quil, Embry and Jared were joining us in the pre-planned paintball war.

"I agree it'll be more fun. How long ago did you arrive?" I asked.

"We just went through the door when you pulled up." Embry grinned.

"So I'm guessing you hadn't had time yet to introduce yourselves?" I lifted an eyebrow, Keira seemed to smile at me in relief, although her lips were still clamped together.

"Nope, we were just getting to that." Seth informed me as if I hadn't figured it out yet.

I nodded my head.

Leah spoke up "Keira, this is Jared," she motioned her hand in his direction whilst he gave Keira a head nod and smile, "Embry" he grinned and waved his hand. Almost hitting Renesmee in the face with it, so Jake slapped the back of his head and told him to watch what he was doing. "And last but not least Quil." Quil held out his hand for Keira to shake, she shook it and said hello to them.

"What's with all the smiling?" I asked Jake in a hushed voice.

"Renesmee convinced us on the way there to tell them to make up their own mind of what they thought of Keira, although she didn't stop us from telling them the brief version of what's happened so far."

"That explains it. How come they are joining in with us then?"

"Even though they'll make up their own minds they said they wanted to help us because she really did overstep her boundaries at times. Also it's them, when do they not want to cause a bit of mayhem?" Jake gave me a wink.

Our conversation only took a few seconds.

"So what is it that you're all going to be doing?" Keira asked with a smile, eyeing Emmett, Edward and Jasper's grinning faces. Probably remembering their 'fun' game of Rugby earlier ...

"We are all going to have a paintball war, when Carlisle gets back in a bit. You have to join in Keira it's really fun." Tanya told Keira excitedly.

"I-I don't think that's something for me." Keira said with bug sized eyes and a loud swallow.

"Come on, it'll be fun. It's something we often do as a family." Alice encouraged.

"Even Alice is playing and she's still in her good clothes." Garrett snickered, this caused Alice to squeal loudly and order us all to go change our clothes immediately.

"Go, change. Now. All of you. How could I have possibly not noticed this already?"

"But aunt Alice, I don't want to go change again." Renesmee pouted.

"You are all going to go change into your messy clothes immediately did I make myself clear?" she glared us all down.

Knowing how she could get on occasions like this we all lowered our heads and headed for the stairs.

"Close your mouth Keira, I don't want to have to give someone mouth to mouth today because a bug got caught in their throat." Emmett grumbled.

His comment caused Rose to perk up a bit so she ran up the stairs and told us to hurry up and get changed before Carlisle arrived. Naturally, this got us all in gear.

"What was wrong with the clothes they were wearing?" Keira asked one of the guys.

"They were all wearing designer clothes. Even Jake and Seth. Alice demands they wear designers in public and they aren't allowed to get them dirty or broken or they have to answer to her." Quil sniggered.

"Well that's a waste of money, why can't they wear normal clothes like everyone else? It's not like designer clothes are better than these." Keira huffed righteously.

"Don't let Alice or Kate, Tanya and Rosalie hear you say that they won't hesitate giving you an hour long lecture." Jared shuddered in memory.

"Damn right we will." I heard the girls say from their rooms.

"That's preposterous," she huffed "they should stop flaunting their wealth in everyone's faces, they don't even earn it themselves. I don't understand how their parents let them get away with it."

"I hate to trample all over your rant but we don't flaunt our money around, we wear designer clothes and own a lot of cars and live in this house but considering we don't drive our more expensive cars to school, nor do we look down on others because of what they wear. Carlisle and Esme love to spoil us all, all of us have something we've struggled with and still do. We were adopted for a reason. We don't take everything they offer us but it'd be rude to turn down everything they give us with love, they've done so much for us all. As for the house Esme does interior decorating so she shows clients the house so that they trust her to know what she's doing. So stop talking about things that don't concern you and stop looking down your nose at us because you just don't understand us." Leah said whilst walking down the stairs.

Considering how angry I was at Keira's previous comment it was remarkable of Leah to not raise her voice, even though her heart rate had started to accelerate.

"Leah, calm down." Embry told her in a soothing voice.

I walked down the stairs and schooled my face into an indifferent mask.

Leah took deep breaths to calm herself and Keira had a stunned look on her face.

"You should apologize Keira, you went too far. You might not understand the way they do things or why, but don't accuse them of being something their not. We know the Cullens better than anyone here, they have been a part of our family for a long time." Quil told her "Jake, Seth and Leah are even related to us by blood, so we can honestly say that they don't look down their noses at anyone. As long as you respect them they'll respect you back."

"I-I'm sorry you're right Quil, I shouldn't have said that. I apologize." Keira said.

"Don't apologize to me, apologize to them." Quil said.

She nodded and turned to us, as the rest of the family came descending down the stairs.

Since they weren't supposed to have heard the previous conversation they had to act as if nothing was wrong.

"Has everyone got their paintball gun?" Emmett asked.

"Yes, although we need to get Carlisle's and one for Keira as well." I informed him.

"Alright I'll go get them now, that should be him coming up the drive now." Emmett said jogging up the stairs as a car approached.

"So who's on which team?" Rosalie asked, obviously she wanted to be on the opposite team from Keira so she had an excuse to shoot her.

"We'll sort that out when Granddad is here and uncle Emmett is back." Renesmee scolded her like one would an impatient child.

Carlisle came through the door and opened his arms as we rushed to greet him.

Alice ordered Carlisle to go change quickly so we could begin our game.

"Who want's to be team Captain out of everyone here?" Eleazar asked.

"I think Keira ought to one and Carlisle another." Jared grinned.

"Alright, Keira do you accept being a team captain of the red team?" Carmen asked her.

"I-I really don't know the rules for the game..."

"It's alright your team will explain it to you and help you." Jasper calmed her.

"So what are the team captains?" Carlisle inquired after returning and taking his paintball gun from Emmett.

"You and Keira, if you accept." Edward told him.

"Alright it's on. I want to be green." Carlisle grinned as he knew we were going to be pelting her with the paint balls and green would definitely stand out.

"So Carlisle is green and Keira red. Garret can you and Nahuel quickly go get the paint balls? Oh and don't forget the goggles next to them." I asked.

They nodded and headed of.

"Keira it's picking time. As you don't know how good or bad we all are those who are on your team choose the next pick alright?" Carlisle smiled.

She simply nodded her head.

"Keira get's Jasper as she's playing for the first time and he's the best out of all of us." Carlisle said.

Jasper walked over to Keira and smiled at her a bit.

"I choose Tanya."

"Garrett."

And so we were split up into teams: Carlisle, Tanya, Edward, Emmett, Leah, Rose, Kate, Quil, Renesmee and Nahuel as green and Keira, Garrett, Carmen, Eleazar, Jake, Seth, Alice, Jasper, Jared, Embry and I as red.

With that sorted we all headed out the door and into the back garden where those of us who stayed at the house had set up the playing area by inflating the rubber obstacles.

"Remember no one is allowed to shoot anyone on the head, and there has to be at least a three meter distance between the shooter and target. I don't want to have to go through any medical treatment after this. Understood?" Carlisle asked.

"Oh, and no one is allowed to shoot the cameramen or their equipment either." Carmen added as an afterthought. The cameramen were dressed up in bright overalls and suits so that they are protected - just in case.

We all nod and chorus our agreement.

"The green team will begin at the other side of the battlefield whilst we explain things to Keira in the meantime.

Without any further argument the opposing team left to go to the other side whilst Jasper was explaining how to best aim and how to shoot.

"I just got a text, the five minute countdown has begun." Eleazar said checking his phone after receiving Carlisle's message.

"Alright, so what's our strategy going to be?" Jake asked.

"I think our best bet will be divide and conquer, surround them and pounce." Garrett replied with a serious face.

"What?!" squeaked Keira, thinking of how she would be left all on her own.

"Don't worry, you'll be fine, the worst that has happened so far is a shoot down." Jasper said cheerfully with a relaxed, yet also exited, happy grin spreading across his face.

"Alright, we'll split into groups of three and surround, Keira, you're with Jasper and Alice. Carmen and Seth, Jared and Eleazar, Garrett with Embry and Jake you're with me. Everyone in agreement?" I asked in a hushed whisper whilst the camera was still filming us all.

They silently, even Keira rather reluctantly, nodded their heads in agreement.

"The time is up, it's begun." Eleazar informed us.

Without further ado we split of into different directions and set of through the obstacles, the cameraman trailing behind Keira's group.

They had got out some little birds-eye cameras when they realized what we had in store for this evening and used the remote control to film the entire thing from above as well as a cameraman per team.

It wasn't long before we heard the first pelting of the paint-balls erupt the atmosphere.

Keira was shrieking like a four year old, admittedly she's the main target and I don't doubt that the other team are taking their chances of shooting her as often as they can before they have to stop so as to keep in the rules of the game.

We head over in the directions of the screams quickly to give them the necessary backup.

Jake and I are grinning as we skid to a stop next to an inflated piece of rubber once we spot Leah and Rose who're shooting at Alice and Jasper now full force as Keira is no longer in the game.

We start our attack, allowing our team-mates to relocate to a better position and even manage to shoot Emmett and Edward who were running towards them to help them out.

Two down, eight to go.

By now everyone has gathered for some awesome show down and we all shout out saying we'll get on our sides and then begin the shooting. Everyone knowing that this is going to be the main event of this first game now that Keira is gone, showing off our skills to Keira who's watching from the sidelines.

We're hoping that if we make this look really dramatic she won't realize that she'd been the main target, that it's just our competitiveness. Thus she won't be suspicious of us when odd stuff starts to happen to her more often.

With that in mind we get into positions and continue the count down to open fire; "seven, six, five, four, three, two, one!"

We all begin to shoot the others and ducking out of the paint-balls way just in time whilst keeping it all within the human speed range.

Jake goes down after he's not fast enough twisting his torso out of the way from Rose and Leah's double attack on him.

Seth managed to take out Quil along with Carmen, only to be shot square in the chest by Carlisle.

Next came the fall of Embry and Carmen who'd been aiming at Leah and Rose, they were shot by Tanya, Kate and Nahuel.

Jasper took out Rose soon after.

Both teams are down to six players. Only Carlisle, Tanya, Leah, Kate, Rensemee and Nahuel remain of the green team whilst Garrett, Eleazar, Alice, Jasper, Jared and I are the only ones of the red team still standing.

Alice managed to maneuver into a better hiding spot and took out Leah whilst she was double teaming on Jasper with Renesmee.

Renesmee knocked us back into a tie as Garrett was shot.

Whilst my daughter was shooting at Alice's hiding spot I took my chance and pelted her with the paint-balls. Unfortunately this resulted in Nahuel shooting me on my upper arm before I could roll for cover. At least Renesmee went down with me.

As we leave the battleground we observe as Eleazar falls at Kate's skilled hand.

With it being down to four reds on three greens the reds re-strategise and all go for Jasper, undoubtedly the most skilled out of everyone.

So, it comes that Jasper met his untimely paintball death due to the red team.

Our losses weren't too costly though as the reds had to come out of cover to get at Jasper, Alice got Nahuel and Jared managed to eliminate Tanya.

It was down to Jared and Alice vs. Carlisle and Kate.

Since Renesmee had given away Alice's hiding spot earlier on, Carlisle shot her before she'd managed to relocate.

Jared shot at him but Tanya ducked out of hiding at the most unlikely of times and managed to get hit by the scrape of her thigh instead of Carlisle.

Seeing as Carlisle had a shield he managed to shoot Jared before he could pull the trigger once more.

Making it an overall win for the green team with Carlisle as their last standing player.

"We won! Team red you can just go and feel our paint." Emmett grinned whilst giving a grinning Carlisle a bear-hug.

"How did you like playing paintball Keira?" asked Jared.

"It was surprisingly fun, I never got why people would want to shoot at their friends before."

"Welcome to the fun side, if you can't shoot at your friends and family in a friendly game of paintball then who can you shoot?" Jasper winked.

Causing Keira to crack a genuine smile for once.

After this we played another few rounds of paintball, in the end Keira was covered in green from chest to toe, with a slightly pained smile on her face (she was always out within the first few minutes of the games and would be pelted with the paint-balls from all directions as if it where the blitz and she were London) and the overall score was; reds four : greens five

After everyone went to their rooms to clean up, Jared, Quil and Embry taking the other guest room and Seth's shower to clean up stray bits of paint, we collected in the living-room.

"Can you make sausages with mash and red-apple-cabbage for dinner Keira?" Renesmee asked, with the boys drooling at the mere thought of it already.

"I would, but I'm afraid I don't know how to cook that." Keira admitted rather sheepishly.

"Come with me, I'll give you the recipe." Carlisle said as he went to get our homemade cookbook, where we put all our different recipes into.

We might have brilliant memories but it's easier if we just have all the recipes in one place and copy the page if someone asks for one of the recipes instead of writing the entire thing out again...

Once Keira began making a start on cooking the meal we all went of to relax a bit more.

Edward took my hand and headed to the piano with me in tow.

"I love you." he whispered into my ear after placing me on the stool next to him with his arms around me.

I couldn't stop myself from turning my head and gazing at him with what was sure to be a love-struck expression and replied "and I love you, my sick, masochistic lion."

Edward grinned remembering the first time he told me about being a vampire, "As I do you, my stupid lamb."

I smiled in remembrance and closed my eyes whilst leaning my head on his shoulder, breathing in his marvelous scent.

Edward was trying out new things on the piano whilst we sat there and I felt all my previous anger at Keira evaporate for the time being as we were in our moment.

Too soon we heard Keira bellowing at everyone that dinner is ready.

So we got up and made our way into the kitchen, even though we weren't really hungry.

Lucky for her really ...

"Come on, you must all be ravishing after all that exercise." Keira said whilst dishing out.

"I'm still a bit full from Charlie's earlier. Bella's fish pasta is very filling." Emmett smiled sheepishly at Keira.

"I must admit I'm pretty full still myself, what about you Bells?" Edward asked.

I nodded my head and sent Keira an apologetic smile as her smile fell a bit.

"I'm sorry Keira, Rose and I already ate whilst we went to pick up the clothes as we were hungry then, although I'm sure the others will have some." Alice added in.

"It's alright, Esme did say that you ate whenever you where hungry." Keira responded bravely.

Carlisle smiled and gave her a reassuring smile as he grabbed a plate, sat down next to Quil and began eating.

Once those of us who hadn't got an excuse finished eating we all headed of to our bedrooms as it was already getting late. We'd been playing paintball for a good few hours after all.

The guys had decided that they were going to crash here tonight instead of going back to the reservation, meaning Jared took over the couch whilst Quil had the other spare bedroom and Embry joined Jarred on the extension of the couch.

It wasn't long until everyone was settled and 'sleeping'.

"Tomorrow is going to be fun." Edward whispered whilst stroking my hair lovingly.

"I hope Keira learns her lesson fast, she's not that bad at times, but we can't just let her get away with some of the things she's done." I mumble into his chest.

"It'll be alright. She's still got to overcome a lot of hurdles before she can just be herself. She's very opinionated and it takes time and effort as well as reason to change ones opinion on something especially when it's ingrained so deeply as some of hers are." Edward replied before we cuddled for the rest of the night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235K 3.8K 37
What would happen if Bella had a twin sister? And what would happen when she moves to forks with her sister? How will she find her sisters boyfrien...
60K 488 53
Old friend. New killer. Are the two connected somehow? Bella Cullen's old friend Brooke Hale, visits her from Florida. Meanwhile, there's a new vamp...
218K 4.5K 16
Nina cativar has never known her father, except the two months when she was five that she spent with him, but she was five and only can remember her...
95.8K 1.7K 43
Alaska was abandoned as a baby and found by the Denali coven. They took her in and raised her. Now 17 she has the perfect life. But she's missing som...