Wicked | Kol Mikaelson

By ritzmix

Satella West is a brothel owner and a poppy opium addict, who prefers to live in the shadows of New Orleans p... More

Epigraph
Cast
Playlist
Prologue
Thieving Witch
Necromancer
The Bloody Witch of the East

Stray Cat

1.6K 53 9
By ritzmix

I was enjoying the high when he walked in. I knew it was Kol bloody Mikaelson even before I set my eyes on him, only one bastard had the balls to call me by my true name. 

I glanced up and checked his face. Lighter brown hair than normal, blue ocean eyes and a jawline for days. A different face but all pure Kol, the way he walked with confidence and the way he looked at me without fear. Not only that, but when you truly looked inside you could see the chaos that was Kol Mikaelson, the wildest Original. 

"Look what the cat dragged in." I said, looking up at him from my comfy seat. 

"You know no cat could ever drag me darling." He replied, amused. "I dragged myself in."

"Unfortunately for you I don't have an habit of taking in strays." I replied, smirking at him. Ahh, banter, I did miss that. 

He let out a laugh, pulled the chair next to me and sat down. "I have missed you darling, no other can amuse me so." 

"You only come to me when you're in dire need, so tell me, what is it that you need this time?" I asked, arching a brow at him. My old friend, like every other vampire, only came to see witches when he needed favors. But even so, he only came to see me when he was in deep shit. 

"Well, did you hear of what happened to me?" He asked, now somewhat tense and uncomfortable. 

"You mean the fact that you were killed by a baby vampire and a human hunter?" I asked delighted when a scowl appeared on his face. 

"That was not what happened." He growled out, glaring at my small smirk.

"Whatever you say motănel. [1]" I said not in the mood to deal with his pissy moods. "Whatever it was that happened you died, so the question is who do you owe for bringing your sorry ass back?" [1: Little Tomcat in Romanian]

"My dear old mother." He replied, and stood up to check the room more carefully, or better, to hide the emotions in his face from me. 

I whistled lowly. The Original Witch was a goddam bitch, and not one that would bring her children back from the dead for nothing. Not only that, but she hadn't brought him back into his original body, which meant she probably was holding Kol's mortality over his head. 

"So what is it you wish from me?" I finally inquired, better to stop beating around the bush.

"You already know what I want draga mea [2], I want you to return me to my body." He said, looking at me to check my reaction. I simply did what any other junkie high on poppy would do, I let out a large laugh. [2: my darling in Romanian]

"You haven't come to see me in God knows how long, and now you come and demand that I resurrect your body from the ashes?" I asked almost incredulously. "You have balls, I'll give you that. However, I no longer practice witchcraft and will not do so for you." 

 "You no longer practice?" This time was his time to be shocked, he was looking at me like I had grown another head. 

"You heard correctly, It's been decades since I've used magic." I responded, shrugging my shoulders at him. It wasn't that big of a deal, I just had no need for it. 

"So what, now you spend your days holded up in here drinking poppy teas and fucking your courtesans?" The Original asked, strolling towards me with a skeptical look on his face.

"What else would I do Kol?" I growled out. "Witchcraft is illegal in this town, should I just present myself to the vampire King Marcelus to be slaughtered?" 

"Lies do not suit you sweetheart, your coven is out of the Quarter's rules and I'm sure Mira would not stop using magic even if it killed her." He whispered into my face. "Not to mention Marcelus could never kill you." 

  "Fine, I lie, but that does not change the fact that I haven't practiced in decades." I replied, sighing. I had forgotten how hard it was to deal with this one, so temperamental and so pushy.

"Do me this favor, it will be the last I ask of you." Kol said, grabbing my hand as he crouched down in front of me. "I could not trust any other witch with this, you are the best at necromancy. Not to mention you owe me."

"What do I owe you for?" I asked half amused half doubtful. 

"That time in China when I rescued you from being forced into the Imperial Harem." He replied with a grin. 

"You rescued me, although I didn't need any rescuing since I was about to play with the other girls from the Harem, after you threw me into the guards to escape." I said, rolling my eyes.

"How about that time when you were kidnapped by a Mongolian Tribe Leader that wanted to make you his wife?" Kol asked once more. 

"That time you didn't save me, as you put it, you defeated him in combat and spent the night drinking like a king and fucking Mongolian girls." I said, amused. "When you remembered about me I had already screwed and killed said Mongolian Tribe Leader." 

"I'm sure there something you owe me for." Kol said, daring me to deny it. 

"I'm pretty sure there really isn't." I replied dryly, but the next moment I looked at him he was throwing puppy eyes at me. I knew him well enough to know he would annoying me every day if needed until I did the spell for him, so I either did it and got something out of it or I would eventually cave in for nothing. 

"Fine, I'll do it." I finally said with a sigh. "But, I demand payment." Before I could even say anything else, a smile spread across his face. Damn that new face of his, and damn that jawline to hell. 

"What is it?" He said, still smiling. 

"Your mother's grimoire, I want it." I replied, seriously. Maybe something in that book could help me finally fix my past mistakes, it was doubtful but I was definitely hopeful. If not, I would just throw the book at Mira's head on her birthday or something.

"Every well, but you'll have to put me in my handsome body and then help me kill the bitch." He said, grinning. 

"Deal." I replied, shaking his hand in agreement. "Now, where are your ashes? The sooner we do this the better."

"About that..." Kol trailed of. "There's another reason I came to see you."

"What other reason could it be other than my magic?" I asked, arching my brows at him. 

"You're also the best thief I know darling." Kol replied, and I let out another sigh. Of course the idiot didn't have his own ashes, great. 

"Where are they?" I asked, unamused. 

"With my siblings, in the Quarter." Kol said, searching my face for my reaction. I didn't give him one and sighed again. 

"So not only you want me to steal from the Hybrid Klaus, the Noble Elijah and the Bitchy Rebekah you also want me to restore your body, put you back in it, and help you kill your mother?" I asked annoyed. 

"You got it all in one iubi.[3]" He cheekily replied. [3: Sweetheart in Romanian]

"It's too late now to close the door in his face." An amused voice startled us from the door. I turned my head to see my sister walking in with a smirk. 

"Sister, what brings you here?" I asked, as my sister continued to watch us in amusement. 

"Maze said you had a visitor, I had to come see who it was." Mira replied. "I did not know however that you had changed faces Kol." 

"Mira, my second favorite Cardinal Witch." Kol replied, winking at my sister. "How goes business?" 

"Sex is always good business." My sister replied, as she prepared my tea in the corner. "Whore houses are always full, no matter the century."

"How do you get girls in this day and age?" He asked, curious. Brothels were a thing of the past in most places, mostly because young girls could now easily find jobs. 

"Well girls and boys always want easy jobs, and whoring is both easy and pleasurable. This is one of the last, if not the last, brothel in America not to mention we're a high cost brothel that also serves the supernatural, as such many of my employers are supernatural themselves." East explained, as she finished my tea and brought it to me. I took a sip while I listened to the conversation. 

"Why would supernaturals want to join a brothel?" The Original asked somewhat confused. 

"Vampires want easy drinks and like to fuck, werewolves want protection and roofs over their heads, witches want knowledge and our coven's protection, do I need to say more?" Mira replied, as if it was obvious.

"When you put it like that no." Kol nodded, seeing the truth in her words. I ignored them both and took a larger sip from my poppy tea, and moaned aloud. Both of them shared a look after looking at me.

"So you have come to drag my sister out of the House." Mira said, looking at the Original. "You are a few decades late." 

"I was unfortunately out of commission for most of the past century." Kol said, grimacing. 

"We heard, daggered wasn't it? That brother of your needs some mental help." The Witch of the East growled out, unamused.

Kol let out a laugh and nodded in agreement. "He does, but your sister too needs a helping hand." He said, glancing at me. I was too high to give him the finger. 

"She does." Mira replied lowly. "Come with me, let's let her rest for a while." 

Kol nodded and threw me another glance before leaving the room. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the sensation of lethargy that indulged me. 

When he decided to come visit his old witch friend he did not think he would find her quite like this. Locked in the House for decades, not practicing magic and high as a kyte. 

Sure, she always enjoyed a bit of poppy now and then but her magic was strong enough to stop her body from the addiction. Now however, it was like her magic didn't have the strength anymore. Her body was weak yes, but if she had been consuming opium tea for the past decades everyday she should have been much worse. 

"Don't scowl so much, it ruins your pretty face." Mira teased, as she sat down on a chair in the room she had lead him to. 

"What's going on with Satella?" He finally asked, sitting down too. 

"This is one of her bad centuries." The dark skinned witch said, sighing. "The thirteenth century was like this too, she hid from the world and mopped around." 

"I doubt that then she stopped using magic and drank opium like water." He said sarcastically.

"You're right, this time it's much worse." The green eyes witch said. "She stopped using in the twenties, she just came home one night and threw everything witch related from her room. I spent years trying to talk to her about it, not even Ash had much luck." 

"And the opium?" He inquired, frowning. 

"She always liked it, you know this, but now it's much worse. I've tried containing her use of it, but it's West and what she wants she gets." Mira said. "The only reason she isn't dead yet is because her magic contains the bad effects of the poppy, but I have no doubt that if she starts using magic again while consuming so much opium she will slowly wither." 

"So what you're saying is that helping me might kill her?" He asked, frowning. 

"Not exactly, she's won't die per se but she'll be a shell of her former self while her body and magic heal if she uses to much of it." The Witch explained. "The best option would be for her to stop using so much opium, you might convince her." 

"What makes you think she would listen to me?" He asked, arching his brows. 

"Self destructive minds think alike." The witch replied, and he almost growled. 

"Can't Ash heal her?" He asked, not saying anything about her little jab. 

"North like to pretend she's better than us, she likes to pretend that she's a good and pure person. She'll always crawl back home when it doesn't go her way, but until then she can't be bothered, not even when our sister is in need." Mira replied, and he could hear the resentment in her voice. Good to know that his family isn't the only one with issues. 

"What do you propose then?" He finally asked, having his most powerful ally weakened and addicted was something that needed to be dealt with. He needed her in full strength to get his body back, not to mention to kill his mother. 

"Keep her busy, make sure she isn't always in here, if she isn't here all day she won't drink opium every half an hour. I'll share my power with her, that way her magic will heal her body faster and erase the physical addiction. The problem however is the mental addiction." The witch explained the plan. 

"We get her a psychologist?" He asked, half serious half joking. 

"We just need to keep her mind out of it, in the thirteenth century what got her out of it was hunting down and killing some witch hunters that managed to capture Ash when she was away trying to be a white hat." She said. "She only needs something to focus on, and it seems your mother will be an ideal enemy, no?"

"She doesn't like my mother, that's true, but I don't think she'll be completely focused on erasing her from the earth as you want." He said. 

"Indeed, but for now the Original witch will have to do. I'm sure some other foe will come for you and your family, you idiots only bring chaos to wherever you go." The witch snarked, but a small smile touched her lips. 

He didn't reply, mostly because it was true. Now he just had to make sure his witch was in full health, have her steal his ashes, get his body back and kill mother dearest. Then, who knows, maybe he'll go to Mystic Falls to kill a doppelganger and her annoying brother. 

It seems like a simple enough plan. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.9K 2.3K 23
━━━ 'i am already home' ┏ β”“ 𝗢𝗻 π˜„π—΅π—Άπ—°π—΅ a criminal with a ...
1.2M 35.5K 108
"I am a 1000 year old vampire witch hybrid living as a single mom in a supernatural infested town. I do not have the time to be involved in your fami...
5.3K 193 10
In which a runaway foster kid with a strange and unimaginable amount of power shows up on a werewolf mothers porch in search of her family, with the...
39K 1.9K 45
ΛΛ‹κ’°πŸ’κ’± - Μ₯ΫͺΝ™ΫͺΛšβ”Šβ› 𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 βœβ”ŠΛš Μ₯ΫͺΝ™Ϋͺβ—Œ β•°β”ˆβž€ ❝(v.) To attract and move deeply: rouse to ecstatic admiration.] ━━━in which a woman born in the 1...