The Hope of an Elemental Nymp...

By xxAwkwardTurtlexx

I was always told that I was meant to do great things when the time came. I was taught things that I thought... More

The Hope of an Elemental Nymph (LOTR Fanfic)
Somewhat of an Important Note *Please read
History of the Elemental Nymph's
Chapter One: Unpleasant Dreams
Chapter Two: The Cabin
Chapter Three: Princesses and Black Holes
Chapter Five: The Man and the Broken Blade
Chapter six: Confessions and the Council for the One Ring
Author's Note #1
Chapter Seven: Farewells and Crebain from Dunland
Chapter Eight: The pass of Caradhras
Author's Note

Chapter Four: New Worlds and Healing the Wounded Hobbit

1K 60 8
By xxAwkwardTurtlexx

Chapter Four: Healing the Wounded Hobbit

The feeling up weightlessness tugged on my sore tired body. I was unable to move but the constant sensation of being airborne made me have faith that i was still alive. In a way i liked the reassurance that came with the feeling of being sore and tired because memories told me of the stories about what the Valor is supposed to be like. You were supposed to be living in your best memory, unaware of the feeling of pain and time. Just staying happy for the rest of eternity.

An image, no a memory started to appear while i floated there as an onlooker. Watching and listening, i was sure that no one could hear or see me from the fact that i was pretty much hovering over top of the two blurry figures.

"Naneth, what are we learning today?" (Mother) A small child asks her hand pressed underneath her chin, watching a beautiful elegant lady unravel an old looking scroll. The font was too small for me to be able to see what it said, but it had small designs of symbols, wind, water, fire and a leaf probably meaning earth.

"We are learning about your gifts little one. The elements." Naneth replies with a soft smile as she looks down at her who i am guessing is her daughter. I could see the love that was held inside of her eyes as well as pride.

The image fades almost as quickly as it came making me bask in silence as i  remember what the memory was about. Mother wanted to teach me all about my powers and our history of our people because Lady Galadriel had foreseen their deaths and told them as a warning. Its a memory of me, not of some random girl, me.

Of course they knew they were going to die, but they weren't sure when so a week later mother had put all of her magic and essence into a necklace that was forged out of gold. The jewel in the middle of the necklace was a magic stone that the Dwarves' gave us when they found no use of the stone since they were not in need of magic. That is what made the bond between the Elemental Nymphs and Dwarves' strong, because of the understanding that they had for each other.

To be slight outcasts among the other races. The Dwarves' lived in mountains and Nymphs lived in valleys between the mountains.

The couldn't make it to save us because they were too far away, and would be unable to make the trip to help. Besides, by time the Dwarves' got word that we were attacked, my people were already dead. In no need of saving.

"Come on raise your chin, higher. Good. Close your eyes and think of something happy." A voice said behind me making me snap around to see another memory blossoming.

"It's too heavy, Threbrinduil." The same small voice cried out in frustration.

My eyes watered as they landed on my brother, Threbrinduil. Memories began collecting themselves in my head of all the times that we would play and learn together. He taught me how to shoot a bow and convinced our parents to used a sword. He looked after me when our parents were busy with their duties.

"Come on you can do it." Threbrinduil encouraged kneeling down to be of the same height.

Closing her eyes the young girl shakily pulled back the string biting her lip in concentration. She only opened her eyes for a quick second before she released the arrow, sending it flying through the air, barely making a sound other than a hiss as it pushes its way through the wind.

The younger version of me watched as the arrow landed on the very outskirts of the target ring.

"yes." The little girl cried jumping in with a small victory in her head.

"Lle ume quel, Delilmalia." (you did well) A new voice said joining them in the private training area.

"Ada! did you see it ada?" (father) Delilmalia said jumping into the open arms of her father. 

"Lle naa curucuar." (You are a skillful bowman) Her father commented gently placing her on his hip as Threbrinduil cleaned up the mess that they had both made while practicing.

I closed my eyes as the memory faded. Six years of memories and three years of lessons flashed through my brain adding to everything i already knew.

My guardians took my memories away for me to hide the truth when there was no need for that at all. I had to grieve, not just think that it is a made up story all my life. Never really listening thinking it was just some fictional story, when in fact it was about my whole life, something that just wont be the same anymore.

I don't have a family anymore like i once thought i did. The people who 'took care of me' stole my memories away from me for what purpose? I could have been ready for this time to come instead of just finding out the night before i'm supposed to face my destiny.

Facing the world where i'm just an orphan princess, just alone.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Waking up is something that i should be used to since i do it everyday of my life. Yet right now, i'm having trouble opening my eyes as they feel as though they were glued shut.

I guess this happens when you fall through a black hole, not really thinking about what may lie on the other side.

I could feel my senses slowly come back to me as if i was asleep for a long time. I began to feel something soft and silky under my fingertips, the sound of trickling water from nearby sounded soothing as though i was right next to some. Peacefulness was the atmosphere wherever i was and i wasn't sure i wanted to get up quite yet.

There was a smell of an unknown flower that i have never smelt before around me, almost as if its a air freshener, just to keep things natural. Light footsteps were heard when i tried to listen in hard, there was tons of footsteps all light and nimble.

I began to feel that i was laying on something soft, a bed maybe. A thin blanket rested over top of me and my arms were stretched out lying parallel to my body.

I felt different as well. My senses were heightened, I felt lighter, more knowledgeable if that was possible. I felt some sort of power radiating throughout my body as a gentle hum.

The elements, a subconscious part of me whispers, answering my unasked question.

Feeling my whole body finally come back to me i open my eyes, wincing at the bright light shining throughout the room.

Before i could get a thorough look of the room i heard a pair of panicked footsteps start coming from outside my room, leading away.

Taking off my covers, i noticed that i am still in the clothes from the last time i was awake. Swinging my legs off the bed i stand only to immediately collapse back onto the bed as my legs were still numb.

Groaning in annoyance i quickly try again this time accomplishing the simple task of standing. Another pair of footsteps ran past making want to see what was going on.

Taking a deep breath i took a step and was glad that my legs were working again. Using that prospect i raced through the doorway following the couple of Elves down the path.

I faltered a step, Elves. The knowledge came to me as easy as writing does for most people. Their ears were pointed but i felt relaxed and at eased in their presence, as if i have been here all my life. Something about this whole thing seemed normal to me, like i wasn't living in some other realm all my life. I knew this place, from a distant memory, or of some stories i can faintly remember my mother telling me.

"Delilmalia." A familiar voice called making me stop running and turn to see Carvis and Melona, or should i say Calarion and Methien approaching me with relieved smiles on their faces.

I let my face drop into an emotionless mask, angry at them for taking my memories away from me. It may be childish to act upon something that happened a while ago but for me its only been a few minutes.

" 'Quel amrun." (Good morning) Calarion greeted making me grimance at the friendly and totally oblivious gesture.

"Amrun." (morning) I replied back stepping back and fourth on my feet wanting to see why the few Elves were running around.

Sensing my anxiousness Methien raised an eyebrow at me. "What going on?" I asked and then regretted it when i saw her face darken slightly.

"A Peredhil was stabbed by a Morgul Blade, and it is not looking good." She answered making me frown at the familiar name. Nazgul, the Ringwraiths. I remember a story that Methien had told me when i was younger.

They were once men. Great Kings of men.

Then Sauron the deceiver gave to them Nine Rings of Power. Blinded by their greed they took them without question, one by one falling into darkness and now they are slaves to his will. They are the Nazgul, Ringwraiths, neither living or dead.

They carry the weapon that the Halfling, Hobbit was supposedly stabbed with.

Its worse than black breath, which is just a minor sickness that you get when you just touch the wraith. What the Hobbit would have and its nearly impossible to cure.

"I can heal him." I said almost out of an instinct, knowing that my race was the best healers known in Middle-Earth and being of the royal family would mean even more healing capability for me, and give the Halfling more of a chance to survive.

"You're not ready." Calarion interjected making me huff angrily.

"Lle lakwenien? Amin anta or else he will die." (Are you joking? i need to) I exclaim appalled. "You know that normal elvish healing magic will not work."

"Mankoi?" (Why?) Methien asked making me open my mouth to reply but nothing came out. Why did i want to help the Halfling? He was someone who i have never met before yet there was something inside of me, telling me that he cant die.

"I don't know, something is telling me that he cant die." I mumble confused as they share a look between them that i cant decipher.

"Ta Detholalle." (It's your choice) Calarion says making me nod.

I turn to leave but felt a hand lightly grab my forearm, keeping me in place.

"Amin hiraetha." (I'm sorry) Methein said sincerely. I sighed and looked into her eyes knowing exactly what she meant. The thing is, i haven't forgiven them yet. They took something away from me that they had to right to do, even if they were under strict orders. I spent all of my life thinking that i was missing something. I dealt with the bullies picking on me for being weird and not a normal 'human'. I was never liked by my classmates, always different in someway. I was living a different life, trying to be someone i wasn't. Now i find out that i'm not from the world and learn that i'm from a royal family who is all dead because of some evil. Being overwhelmed isn't something i'm feeling, right now i feel like i woke up from a bad dream and i need to face the next day straight on without asking any questions.

 "Diola lle." (Thank you) i say sincerely before taking off in the direction of the panic.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-

"I can heal him." I say walking through the door of the room catching the attention of a man who was leaning over a small shape under the covers of whom i'm guessing is the Halfling.

His head swerved around to look at me with a look of shock, probably not expecting me to be up yet, which leads me to believe that he was aware of my situation completely. He was most likely was informed by Methein and Calarion.

"Ah i see you are awake." He says coming to stand in front of me. A memory flashed through my head from when i was five and saw him at my kingdom.

"Saesa omentien lle." (pleasure meeting you) I say with a small head nod to show my respect, though we are of same rank since i might as well be the queen of my kin.

"Vedui' ." (Greetings) He replies before looking grave at the hobbit on the bed. I looked over as well to see him looking a deathly pale with bags under his eyes looking unhealthy, almost dead.

"Did you take the piece of the blade out?" i ask walking over to the bed, kneeling so i was level with the young hobbit.

"Yes but he doesn't have long." He says making me swallow nervously.

"I have asked for water, and it should be here soon, do you need anything else?" He asks just as an Elf maiden walks into the room, her head bowed as a sign of respect.

"Tanya farnuva." (That will suffice) I say gently taking the bowl and laying it down beside me.

Closing my eyes i think back to when my Naneth taught me all about the art of healing.

"You must call on the element that is untamed yet mystical."

"do you mean fire?" I remember asking

"No little one, Water. Water is pure and can cleanse even the most evil of things. Its distilled innocence brings out most evil, where it can be used for good and bad."

"Can i try and use it?" I asked her, excited.

"Water is the hardest element to control, do you want to know why?"

"why?"

"Because it decides when you are allowed use it."

Snapping my eyes open i could feel a small tug in my gut as the water in the bowl began moving in a circle motion and began forming into a globe like shape.

I felt in control but then felt like i was being controlled.

I lifted up my hand and the globe of circling water followed. I stood to my feet as the water followed, my attention went to the young Hobbit and i some how knew his name.

Frodo Baggins.

I felt a evil that was holding the Halfling hostage and i knew that i had to get rid of it. 

No one moved as they watched me, and i think one elf was hardly breathing. It was completely silent except for the slight sound of wind that was gathering around me. I could practically see the waves of curiosity and awe rolling off of the Elves in the room.

My hand rose and hovered over Frodo's shoulder where i saw the wound that was a dark color with black lines that went along his shoulder showing that the sickness similar to Black breath was taking hold. Only that he wont be sick he will turn into one of them, a wraith.

The water lowered down onto the wound and a flash of light came from the water as soon as it touched this shoulder. Gasping as a small throbbing began to settle at the back of my skull, i winced and tried to ignore it, pushing past the pain.

The water was cleansing the wound but i paid the price of taking the pain from the Hobbit, allowing his body to rest as the evils essence was taken out of his body so he can heal.

The wind began swirling more violently as the pain grew. Frodo's eyes snapped open as his back arched letting out a painful cry.

I saw an Elf guard start to come towards me but someone who i hadn't noticed entered a room in grey robe, long grey beard raised a hand to stop the elf from moving.

The water started to turn a black from its once translucent colorless form. Frodo let out a relieved and painless sigh before laying back on the bed, his eyes closing once more.

The color began to return to his pale, almost a deathly white leading me to believe that he was fine.

The wound began to close but would need some healing herbs to finish the jobs.

The water rose again following my silent command. I clapped my hand over the water making a flame light up extinguishing the water, destroying the evil leaving nothing but steam.

The wind stopped and the pain in my head lessened to a manageable amount where it was just a slight ringing in my ears.

Dizziness swept through me making me need some rest to rejuvenate my strength. The healing took a lot more energy than i originally thought it would.

"Diola lle." (Thank you) The Istar  (Wizard) spoke with obvious relief in his voice.

"Seasamin." (my pleasure) I replied leaving the room, but not before sending a soft smile to the sleeping hobbit.

"He needs some herbs on the wound and he will be fine, he should wake up within the next few days he needs his rest. As Amin anta est." (I need to rest)

"Tenna' ento lye omenta." (until next we meet) i say before bowing slightly in Elrond's direction taking my leave, exiting the room leaving it to be filled only with Lord Elrond, the wizard and the sleeping hobbit.

 _____________

Hey my Little Cupcakes,

 I am so terribly sorry for the wait everyone. School decided that it would be fun to throw a few assignments at me, expecting me to juggle all of them at once. Oh and i have been sick on top of that and haven't been feeling the greatest.

But, as you can tell i am feeling much better now and finally updated and hopefully you all don't hate me for leaving you at such a state as i did last chapter.

Its probably not the greatest chapter because its a little rushed but hopefully it will hold you out till next chapter since i think its one of the largest ones I've ever done.

Hope you liked it!

Please

COMMENT anything that you need/want to ask, or to just say hi

VOTE if you like the chapter and want more

FOLLOW to know right away that a chapter has been updated

 This chapter us UNEDITED.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58 5 6
"...would you leave, only to never be able to remember the touch of anything but his skin?" Inspired by Too Sweet by Hozier. πŸŒ³πŸŒΏπŸƒ Grey has (techni...
755 19 16
She was no longer gone. The threat of her kingdom growing in the elven hearts. The betrayals and backstabbing were on her mind, moving ever so slowly...
56.7K 2.4K 55
"Now I lay me down to sleep I pray the lords my soul to keep See me safely through the night And wake me with the morning light" ...and though that m...
111K 2.9K 39
She had lived a long life. Most of it was spent running from herself and her past, but the past has a strange way of catching up to us. And now, thre...