The Boy: Brandon Dursely

KidOfTheAshes által

Brandon Dursely was raised knowing who he was and who he will be - but not quite. His adoptive parents had ju... Több

DISCLAIMER
Chapter 1: Bran
Chapter 2: The Letter
Chapter 3: The Truth of Harry Potter
Chapter 4: Diagon Alley
Chapter 5: Diagon Alley 2
Chapter 6: Hogwarts Express
Chapter 7: The Sorting Ceremony
Chapter 8: Friends
Chapter 9: Slytherin
Chapter 10 - First Day
Chapter 11: Detention
Chapter 12: Flying
Chapter 13: Training... or not?
Chapter 14: Exploration
Chapter 15: Quidditch
Chapter 16: A Turn Of Events
Chapter 17: Revelation
Chapter 18: Hols
Chapter 19: Snow!
Chapter 20: What Transpired?
Chapter 21: As You Sleep
Chapter 23: Almost Christmas - The 2nd Part
Chapter 24: The Night Before Christmas
Chapter 25: Yule
Chapter 26: The First Ride
A Special Chapter: Harry's letter
Chapter 27: Beyond Everything
Chapter 28: Resuming of Term and the Stone
Chapter 29: The Restricted Section and the Philosopher's Stone
Chapter 30: Boil, Boil, Boil!
Chapter 31: BOOM!
Chapter 32: St. Therese of the Child Jesus Orphanage.
Chapter 33: The Missing Link
Chapter 34: To Find
Chapter 35: Mister Snape's Adventure
Chapter 36: Brandon Hadrian Snape
Chapter 37: Back to Hogwarts
Chapter 38: 'Please Don't Leave'
Chapter 39: Crushes & Quidditch Seekers
Chapter 40: Fathering Business
Of Ends and Starts
PART 2 COMES UP IN A JIFYYYYYYYYYYY!
3 chapters!

Chapter 22: Almost Christmas

3.6K 175 81
KidOfTheAshes által

Snow falling everywhere, the lights overhead were something akin to fairy lights, and the pretty cobblestone of Diagon Alley were now filled with footprints belonging to the people who were passing by. There were even Christmas trees, with twinkling lights and tinsels and all the good things hanging on their branches. Shops were of no exception. Multicolored displays of different Christmas presents and colors greet the costumers. The people wore smile on their faces, and there was no sadness to be seen. It was magical in itself, the hum of the cold breeze as it gently passes by and bringing coldness when it does. Everywhere and everyone were gay, happy and it certainly felt more like Christmas was just one reach away.

Bran stared in awe at the beauty of Diagon Alley. He knew just how wondrous it was during the beginning of the schoolyear, when he bought his school supplies, but now...

At the thought of that particular Trip, Brandon couldn't help but feel sad and anguished. He missed his family terribly. It felt so much like yesterday when Dudely was chasing him and his Mum and Dad hugging him. He wanted desperately to go back to those times. Lost in thoughts, Bran did not realize that he stopped and was crying silently in the middle of Diagon Alley, head hung low.

Snape was quick and about as he stalked to the first shop he decided for him and his ward. The shop was owned by an old man, a former colleague. He had taken the liberty to ask the young boy in his care what he wants to get his friends for the Yule. Severus would say that it was for formalities; after all, Harry Potter is still a boy. Boys need to go to shops and shop for the Yule, anyway. But the other side of the Professor knew that he just wanted his young charge to feel happiness. It was, after all, their first Christmas together, and Snape wanted to it to be a good memory for the both of them, although he is not sure why.

Just then, as he was about to enter the shop, he noticed that young Potter was gone. His heartbeat escalated at the thought of the young boy lost in the crowd. With equally frantic strides, Snape went back and retraced the places they have been.

Oh, how Snape wanted to smack the young boy on the head. Had he forgotten who he was with? Did he not know how much Snape worried about him? Clearly, he doesn't!

That boy! When I find him...

And Snape did found him, near the shop with the most Christmas decorations Snape had seen. The boy was standing there, his small shoulders shaking every now and then. An ache penetrated Snape's heart and he did not hesitate to move towards his young charge.

"Come now, none of that," the Professor's voice stopped the tracks of memories that threatened to make him feel what he was missing. But Bran didn't move. He did not look up to see the look of sympathy on his guardian's eyes, a look so rare on the rather stoic man.

Seeing that his ward was still in stupor, the Professor crouched down and gently wiped Bran's tears and held the young boy's hand.

"We are here to revel on Diagon Alley and Christmas, child. Do not let sadness ruin the Holidays for you," Snape said quietly, just enough for Bran to hear what he was saying.

Snape sighed and added quietly, "I know you miss them, but life must go on. Do not let it hamper your growth as a person. It is good to dwell in the past from time to time, but remember; it is long past and gone. You cannot get it back, Mister Potter."

Green eyes looked up at the words, and Snape allowed himself to grace his young charge with a small smile, "There. That's the Potter I know. Remember, child. Remember; you might not get it back, but it will always be with you. Now come! Let us head on."

Snape took Bran's right hand on his, as if saying that he'll be there. Bran reveled in the comfort, "But you'll stay, won't you, Professor? At least, until you think I'm ready to face it on my own."

With the question, Snape voice constricted in his throat. He looked down at the boy, and realized that yes, he'll try to be there. The boy's parents Entrusted this boy to him. He realized that they will always be a part of each other, no matter what Fate befall on them.

With strong conviction and decision made, Snape said, "Of course. Always."

---

The first shop smelt old and worn, but it was a good kind of old. Inside were different rolls of parchments and quills, each in different colors and in different bird feathers. Brandon brightened up as soon as he realised where he was, "A Parchment Shop!"

"Aye, lad! A parchment and quill shop! 'Tis owned by me," A man that resembled a pirate welcomed the pair of professor and student behind the counter, "Hello, Severus. Came to pick up your order?"

"Actually, yes, Hellionsheathe. I did came to pick up my order," Snape's everpresent drawl answered the Pirate, "and of course, my apprentice would like to introduce himself. Don't you, Mister Dursely?"

The man then laughed, showing his big belly underneath his red shirt, "An Apprentice, eh, Severus? Say lad, what did the Perfessor made you eat jest to make you say 'yes'?"

A bit outraged at the accusation and not knowing it was for fun, Bran stepped with a red face, "Professor didn't make me do or eat or drink anything! And for your information, sir, he is one of the most brilliant people I've ever met!"

The two men in front of him stared at Bran like he had grown two heads. With another hearty laugh, Hellionsheath exited the counter and put a hand on Bran's shoulder, "Oh, Severus! You should never upset this little beast, I tell yah!"

With an amused smirk, Snape brought down a hand and ruffled Bran's hair playfully, "Oh, I don't intend to. Come now, child, Mister Hellionsheathe was just having fun with you. We are friends, see. I had happen to sail with him once."

Dumbfounded, Bran proceeded to say sorry to the Pirate with a red face. The man only laughed again and Snape placed a comfortimg hand on Bran's shoulders.

The man, Hellionsheathe, extended a hand and Bran took it, embarassed at his sudden outburst.

"Now, don't be like that laddie! Me name's Hellionsheathe, Oaktree Hellionsheathe. I'm a descendant of voyagers and warriors. I was once a pirate of the seas, but now, I've resorted to parchment and quills. You are?"

Bean gulped and looked up at the Professor, who nodded firmly as if encouraging him, "Hello. Uhm... I'm Brandon Dursely. You may call me Bran. I don't really think I'm a descendant of greatness, though. But, I'm pleased to be of your acquaintance. I hope I didn't offend you from my outburst earlier."

Another hearty laugh, "Oh, laddie," to Severus he said, "This boy is good mannered, ain't he, Severus? Don't worry child, I won't take offense over such a pity reason. Now, you say you're the Professor's apprentice, eh?"

At the question, Bran grew even redder. He's not really Snape's apprentice, isn't he? It's just a façade. A cover-up, because Snape- nor anybody would ever want him again.

To his surprise, Snape said, "Yes. But he's even more than that, Hellionsheathe. This boy... Is my ward."

Bran might have imagined it, but he would rather want to make that imagination come true more than anything, for he could sense the pride in Snape's voice as he said those wprds. It was as if Snape really wanted him. Like he was no charity case.

"Oh, I see. Very good for the both of you then, Snape. I hope you'll treat him well," Heallionsheathe said, beaming, "But I think you did not both here to dally. Come, come. Your package is ready."

Snape, Bran noticed, did not, for one moment, took his hand off Bran's own as they were lead from the counter to a narrow hallway to a door.

The Pirate opened the door and theybwere both ushered inside. Rolls and stacks of parchment surrounded them and Bran stared in awe. Snape smirked as he saw the wonder in his young charge's eyes.

"Here," Hellionsheathe gave Snape a fresh roll of parchment from his stocks and then smiled broadly at Bran, "Aye! I can see this one here likes me collection!"

A chime was heard and Hellionsheathe sratched his head, "Oh dear. A customer. Come along, the both of ye! You can look around then, you might like something."

"Ever the merchant, I see," Severus drawled again which made Oaktree laugh. Bran stuck himself to the Professor's side as they went back to the counter. In there, they saw a lady, with a lanky teen beside her. Oaktree welcomed her and Snape told Bran to look around. Remembering his friend, Teddy, who likes writing, Bran decided to find one for him.

He looked around, same as with the Professor. What fascinated him other than the parchments were the quills. He did not know there were so many types of quills as much as he has hair. Bran looked at Falcon Wing quills, Dicta-Quills, and even self-ink quills. He stood in front of a griffin quill set, and a limited edition phoenix quill that was what he saw Snape was writing with.

As a gift for Teddy, he decided on eagle quills, seeing that they were Teddy's favorite animal and he saw that the cost was very reasonable. He went to pick up a few and two bottles of ink, one black and one blue. He was about to proceed in buying them when Snape snatched them away and then they argued who was to pay.

"I'm the adult here, child. Now go. I will pay my purchases as well."

With a sigh, he nodded but did not leave the older man's side.

Oaktree gave Snape a discount, of course. As they were about to go, Oaktree told them to stay for a 'wee' bit. The man proceeded to call Bran and ruffled his hair, "I've never seen my friend so happy and content, young one," Oaktree began, referring to Snape, "so thank you."

Oaktree then took something from the counter and gave it to Brandon, "As a token of friendship, I present thee, a set of griffin quills! Had the Professor told me you are with him, I would have found the time to find a much better gift. Oh, and of course, this."

The man presented Bran with an exquisite phoenix feather quill. Bran felt overwhelmed that instead of thanking his new found friend, he found himself hugging Oaktree while the man chuckled and ruffled his hair.

After a few moments, Snape told his charge quietly, "Come now, Bran. We have more shops to go to. Thank you, Oaktree."

With one last hug for the jolly old fellow, Bran and his Professor walked out of the shop, hand in hand.

---

The next few shops were amusing. Bran hadn't paid for anything, and Snape even brought him to Madame Malkin's to buy his a pair of gloves.

As lunch drew near, the Professor dragged Bran out of a Quidditch store he asked permission to go look at. They ate at a small café owned by one of Snape's prior students.

Out of curiousity, Bran asked, "Do you know everyone, Professor?"

The man smirked, as if amused, "Well, I certainly know a handful, seeing as I am a Professor and all, but of course I don't know everyone."

"Do you think I would make a good Potioneer in the future, sir?"

Snape nodded, the boy had intuition and quick hands- a vital skill for a potioneer, "Of course. Anyone can be someone. Why not?"

"Well..." Bran began, but before he could say anything, a man approached.

"Severus Snape, so glad to see you out of your dungeons!"

They both looked up to see a young man, with a long auburn hair tied behind his back. The man proceeded to give the both of them a smile showing a set of teeth with glinting silver on every ledge.

"Come now, Lord Amurray. A man can shop, can't he? Is your wife and children with you?"

Bran's eyes widened at the recognition of the surname.

"Well, we all had portkeyed to Nepal. My brother lives there, you know the man!"

"Of course," the Professor answered, he had known the Amurrays for as far as he could remember, "And may I ask what drove you to come down, my Lord?"

The man laughed, "Ahh... Business, my dear friend, business. I had a call on about some sort of curse we need to break. But I'll portkey back tomorrow. I cannot miss Yule with the boys and Alyana. She cooks the best roast chicken in the world!"

The Professor nodded, "Ah. Yes, well. Send my regards to your family then, my Lord. And please, I would like to introduce my charge, Brandon."

The man turned to smile at Bran, "I've heard about you, young Brandon! Very good of you to befriend my son. He's quite excited to see you soon."

Bran smiled at the thought of the somber Liannus, "As am I, sir. Thank you."

"Well," the man said, clasping a hand on Severus' own, "off I go now. Ta ta!"

And with a pop, he was gone.

Once more, they were alone, but Bran didn't mind.

"So," the Professor began, "how about dessert?"

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

151K 3.9K 20
(Y/n) (Y/l/n). A 5th year Hogwarts student. 16 years old. A Gryffindor and a muggle-born. Very kind, very nice, and very very lonely. Severus Snape...
358K 7.8K 40
You knew the Malfoy's since you were little. You father, Severus Snape (a potions teacher at Hogwarts) is a really good friend of both but you never...
213K 6.2K 42
Severus Snape finds himself alive after the war, saved by none other than the insufferable know-it-all. But did he even want to be saved? Hermione on...
297K 3.7K 22
Clarissa was homeschooled by her adoptive parents before coming to Hogwarts for her final year. There was no hesitation putting her in Slytherin and...