DEATH BATTLE

By NathanTheManTheMHFan

Two will enter. Only one will leave alive. Iconic characters from movies, games, TV, books, and lore will be... More

DEATH BATTLE
Episode 1: Cloud Strife vs Mikasa Ackerman
Episode 2: The Lich King vs Nightmare
Episode 3: Charizard vs Rathalos
Episode 4: Guts vs Batman
Episode 5: Blake Belladonna vs Deathstroke
Episode 6: General Esdeath vs Exdeath
Episode 7: Darth Vader vs Ganondorf
Episode 8: Deviljho vs Indominus Rex
Episode 9: Dante vs Raiden
Episode 10: Regret vs Sora
Episode 11: The Doctor vs Sakuya Izayoi
Episode 12: Vergil vs Sephiroth (Season 1 Finale)
Episode 13: Crash Bandicoot vs Spyro the Dragon (Season 2 Premiere)
Episode 14: Alex Russo vs Terra Branford
Episode 15: Captain James Hook vs Captain Jack Sparrow
Episode 16: Ragna the Bloodedge vs Kamui Tokinomiya
Episode 17: Mai Shiranui vs Tifa Lockhart
Episode 18: Sam Fisher vs Ezio Auditore
Episode 19: Dante vs Raiden: REMASTERED!
Season 1 Death Battle Trivia
Episode 20: Goliath vs Eren Yeager
Episode 21: Brachydios vs Yang Xiao Long
Episode 23: Tris Prior vs Katniss Everdeen
Special DBX Chapter
Episode 24: Jotaro Kujo vs Yu Narukami (Season 2 Finale)
Season 2 Battle Royale: Losers Edition
Season 2 Battle Royale: Winners Edition
Season 2 Death Battle Trivia
Episode 25: Edge Master vs Shirou Emiya (Season 3 Premiere)
Episode 26: General Esdeath vs Jin Kisaragi
Episode 27: Red vs Yuna
Episode 28: The Nostalgia Critic vs The Angry Video Game Nerd
Alright
Match Replacement
Announcement
Final Battle Trailer
SERIES FINALE: Ren Amamiya vs Noctis Lucis Caelum - Pre-Battle Analysis
SERIES FINALE: Ren Amamiya vs Noctis Lucis Caelum - The Fight, Part 1 of 2
SERIES FINALE: Ren Amamiya vs Noctis Lucis Caelum - The Fight, Part 2 of 2

Episode 22: Queen Elsa vs Jack Frost

1K 5 18
By NathanTheManTheMHFan

Frozen vs. Rise of the Guardians! Shipped together at some point, these two ice-wielding protagonists of animated film will now face each other in the battlefield! Who will win? Who will fall?

*~*~*~*~*~*

Wiz: Ice. In any way, shape, or form, it can either be used for our benefit, or molded into a deadly weapon. Such is the case with our frosty combatants today.

Boomstick: Elsa, the Snow Queen of Arendelle...

Wiz: And Jack Frost, the Guardian of Winter.

Boomstick: He's Wiz and I'm Boomstick!

Wiz: And it's our job to analyze their weapons, armor and skills to find out who would win a Death Battle.

*~*~*~*~*~*

QUEEN ELSA

Wiz: At first glance, the kingdom of Arendelle might be your generic peaceful Scandinavian kingdom. Regal castles, festivals...not really worth a second look.

Boomstick: But when you look into the royal castle of Arendelle, you'll find that there's more to this town than meets the eye. Turns out that one of the daughters of the king and queen has ice powers! And she can kill people with it!!

Wiz: Twin to princess Anna, Elsa had attained the power to manipulate and control ice to her whim. Naturally, as a child, Elsa found her powers fascinating, and like any child her age...she played with them. But one time, her bickering brought about a horrible, horrible cost.

Boomstick: One night, while she and Anna were playing around with ice and snow, Elsa suddenly hit Anna with a shard of ice. Somehow, the ice began to freeze Anna's heart, and while the family cured Anna thanks to the help of some...rock...trolls, her parents feared Elsa's powers might bring further harm. So they did what any sane parent would do: lock her up in the castle instead of training her to gain better control of her powers!

Wiz: Cut them some slack, Boomstick. It's not like Elsa would have progressed if she ever was trained, at least at that point.

Boomstick: It was a pretty nice solution regardless, 'cause you wouldn't want your kid freezing up the PC or toaster while you're away, right? The family lived a pretty normal life, aaaaand then Elsa and Anna's parents went out to sea and their ship got caught in a storm and then they died the end.

Wiz: ...I'm not really sure if Elsa's story ends there.

Boomstick: Really-oh. This is Disney, she's gotta get a happy ending in the end.

Wiz: Three years later, at age 21, Elsa was crowned the queen of Arendelle, naturally to the joy of her subjects. However, during the ceremony...something unexpected happened.

Elsa: Enough, Anna!

Anna: No! Why? Why do you shut me out? Why do you shut the world out? What are you so afraid of?!

Elsa: I said enough!

*With a wave of her hand, Elsa unwillingly creates a barrier of ice, riddled with spikes, around herself, frightening her subjects and the guests*

Wiz: Naturally, the kingdom grew frightened of their queen's powers. Afraid of capture, Elsa fled for the northern mountains, evading the grasp of the men of the southern isles sent out to capture her. She then put the whole of Arendelle under a curse of eternal winter, albeit unwillingly, and hid herself in a castle she crafted out of ice.

Boomstick: Oh please, we all know how her story ends, it's a typical Disney princess movie anyway. Can we please talk about how she kills people now?

Wiz: Um...sure. As has been stated before, Elsa is, on her own right, an extremely powerful individual. There is no implied limit to her power over ice, if the winter curse on Arendelle was any indication.

Boomstick: She can shoot ice projectiles and create ice shields, which are pretty handy in combat. But thanks to her imagination, the possibilities of her powers are nigh-boundless! She can create clothes out of ice, she can build ENTIRE F*CKING CASTLES, and even create life! I mean, how in the actual hell is that possible?!

Wiz: Imagination, Boomstick. Just imagination.

Boomstick: With literally no implied limits to her powers, Elsa has done some pretty crazy stuff. She plunged Arendelle into eternal winter, defeated two assassins sent to kill her...while holding back, crafted an ice castle within SECONDS, and she's been ranked as one of Disney's most powerful protagonists of all time...well, if you count out Kingdom Hearts.

Wiz: Elsa's powers and accomplishments are without a doubt very impressive, but she still has her weaknesses. For starters, her physicality is...somewhat lacking. She still possesses the strength and durability of an average human, and in an up-close-and-personal battle with a skilled warrior, she's pretty screwed.

Boomstick: She's also got some emotional problems, which sometimes causes her powers to go haywire. But at least at the end of the movie, this isn't a problem anymore.

Wiz: Lastly, despite her immense power, Elsa doesn't really have any major combat experience aside from defeating the aforementioned assassins.

Boomstick: But one word of advice for ya: Elsa isn't an ice queen you wouldn't wanna cross. If you've got any thoughts of harming her kingdom or her sister...I suggest you let it go.

Elsa: The cold never bothered me anyway.

*slams castle doors shut*

****

ELSA:

Age: Early 20's

Height: 5'4''

Weight: 101lbs

Occupation: Queen of Arendelle

Abilities and Powers:

• Immense overall power over ice

• Cryokinesis

• Ability to create sentient life

Feats:

• Cast Arendelle into eternal winter

• While holding back, defeated two assassins sent to kill her

• It is implied that the only limit to Elsa's powers is her imagination

• Ranked as one of the most powerful Disney protagonists, sans literally every Kingdom Hearts protagonist ever

• "Let it Go", the song she sang as she crafted her ice castle, has easily become an icon for Frozen, and by extension, Disney in general

Weaknesses:

• Has the physicality of a normal human her age

• No combat experience outside that one battle in her ice castle

• Her emotions can cause her powers to fluctuate at the wrong moments-though by the end of the movie, this isn't a problem anymore

*~*~*~*~*~*

JACK FROST

Wiz: Long, long ago, children used to believe in fairy tales and mythical beings. Unbeknownst to them, their very belief gave those beings life, shape, and form. For a long time, these beings have lived and interacted with humankind...

Boomstick: Until "realism" came along and people started leaning more into science, considering it's flashier and cooler.

Wiz: The number of children who believed in those beings dwindled and dwindled, and as a result, those beings began to fade out of existence.

Boomstick: But as would be expected, that all changed when a white-haired cool kid came along. ...Hah, get it? ...Cool?

Wiz: *sighs as if he has given up all hope in the universe* ...You're the worst. Anyway, Jackson Overland Frost came into being hundreds of years ago, crafted by the Man in the Moon. Like many other mythical beings, he too has been invisible to humans ever since they stopped believing in him.

Boomstick: Strap in, ladies and gents, 'cause Jack isn't your ordinary fairy tale creature. He was actually just a normal mortal dude, and he died trying to save his sister. For his heroism, the guys above decided to turn Jack into an immortal badass winter spirit.

Wiz: And it turns out that Jack's shift into immortality and being assigned the role of Guardian was actually well-timed. Hundreds of years later, the boogeyman Pitch had arisen to take control of children's fears. In response to this, the Man in the Moon assembled the current Guardians and ordered them to enlist Jack's aid in defeating Pitch.

Boomstick: And it turns out Jack was actually the best choice! It looks like the Guardians aren't going to regret this addition to their team. Through and through, he's a tried-and-true badass. I mean, look at it! He's got a literal wave of darkness flying at him, then he just tanks through it, then blows the darkness away, and then FREEZES IT! I mean, what in the actual hell?

Wiz: As the literal spirit of winter, Jack naturally possesses power over ice. He channels it through his magical staff, which, contrary to what one may seem to believe, is not the source of his power, but rather a conduit.

Boomstick: By just being there, Jack can create snow, ice, and frost. He can even freeze water by walking on it! AND HE CAN FLY!

Wiz: Jack also somehow has the power to bewitch his targets with feelings of fun, joy, and laughter...which isn't going to help much in this scenario, really.

Boomstick: Aside from badass ice powers, Jack isn't too shabby physically. He's an expert freerunner, and if he wants to fight up close and personal, he can engage you in close combat with a mix of parkour and kendo.

Wiz: Jack also boasts great reflexes, being able to dodge attacks and perfectly time his movements to initiate the proper response.

Boomstick: And while we're on weapons, Jack wields a staff called the Twinetender. With it he can channel his ice magic, and somehow control leaves!

Wiz: Such skills and abilities certainly warrant Jack to have accomplished some incredible feats. He's managed to hold his own against Pitch, the literal embodiment of nightmares, in their first solo battle, and with the aid of the other Guardians, he managed to defeat and suppress the boogeyman.

Boomstick: Recognized for his skills and accomplishments, Jack became an official Guardian...though he was already a Guardian to begin with.

Wiz: However, with all of this, Jack still has his weaknesses. Don't get us wrong, Jack certainly knows how to fight and has combat experience, but he is severely lacking in solo combat experience. Hell, in his first battle with Pitch, the other Guardians had to bail him out.

Boomstick: He's also kind of impulsive. He clearly isn't a fan of strategizing before fighting.

Wiz: However, despite his weaknesses, Jack is a true force to be reckoned with. With him being the spirit of winter, and his own abilities and drive, it's no wonder the Man in the Moon chose him to aid the Guardians.

Jack: (to the Guardians) You don't want me. You're all hard work and deadlines! I'm...snowballs and fun times.

****

JACK FROST:

Age: Immortal (appears 14)

Height: Unknown

Weight: Unknown

Occupations: Guardian, Spirit of Winter

Abilities and Powers:

• As the Spirit of Winter, has immense power over ice, and can channel it in numerous ways

• Twinetender staff: used to channel his ice powers

• As the Guardian of Fun, he can make you feel, well...fun

• Decent skills in parkour

• Decent martial artist

• Flight

Feats:

• Managed to get Jamie, his last believer, to fully believe in him

• Held his own in his first solo battle against Pitch (though he was curbstomped in the end); with the aid of the Guardians, managed to defeat the boogeyman in their final battle

• Became an official Guardian

Weaknesses:

• Oftentimes acts entirely on impulse

• Has never yet achieved a solo victory in combat

*~*~*~*~*~*

Wiz: All right, the combatants are set. Let's end this debate once and for all!

Boomstick: It's time for a DEATH BATTLE!

*~*~*~*~*~*

BATTLE

Arendelle, Northern Mountains...

It was a relatively normal day.

Other than the fact that an entire kingdom below the mountains-hell, the entire continent-was knee-deep in snow, as a result of a curse that had been cast upon the land, yeah, everything was normal.

Until a select group of individuals had wandered into the kingdom by complete coincidence.

Those individuals were known as the Guardians, mythical beings spoken of in legend. Belief by the people gave them form, and lack of such would cause them to cease to exist.

And here they were, having wandered by complete accident in this kingdom of God-knows-where. And right in front of a massive castle crafted out of ice, at that.

And-as though Fate had sent them the mother of all middle fingers-right on top of a certain red-haired princess. Well, not enough to kill her, but certainly enough to incite the anger of a certain blond-haired queen of snow.

The Guardians North and Bunnymund-better known to the children as Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny respectively-had hopped out of the sleigh that had lost all its reindeer. They had just picked up the redhead and prepared to put her on the sleigh to fix her up...

"Hey!"

North and Bunnymund stopped short of what they were doing, and as they did, the redhead, Princess Anna, dropped onto the snow face-first with a muffled moan of pain. The sight that greeted the Guardians was a beauty indeed, her hair blond, her complexion regal, and her dress clear light blue as the summer sky.

While this would give off the impression that this woman was one of elegance and grace...well, she kind of was, but the look on her face suggested that she currently wasn't.

"Just what do you think you're doing with my sister?!" demanded the Snow Queen of Arendelle, Elsa.

The Guardians put up their hands in surrender. "Hey there, we're sorry for that little misunderstanding," said North. "We found your sister lying in the snow. We didn't realize that we'd done this to her."

"If it makes you feel better," chimed in Bunnymund, "we could-"

"I find my sister lying defenseless in the snow and you two dragging her off, and you expect me to believe you?" demanded Elsa.

Just then, another figure emerged from the sleigh. His hair was white as the driven snow, his skin was pale, and his eyes were blue. He wore a blue hooded sweater and a tattered pair of trousers.

"Hey, don't throw around accusations like tha-wait, you can see us?" inquired Jack Frost. This question of his was a little irrelevant, considering that many children now believed in him. But then again, Elsa was no child.

"Of course, I can see you!" snapped Elsa. "Just what do you take me for?!"

"Um...okay?" replied Jack sheepishly. "Sorry for being rude, I guess...?"

"That doesn't matter. I need to know what you did and what you intend to do with your sister," hissed the Queen of Arendelle.

"Look, we know we did crash this sleigh on your sister and possibly crushed her legs forever and possibly put her in critical condition, and-"

Jack only had time to barely weave aside to evade an oncoming bolt of ice. Still wishing to avoid conflict, the Spirit of Winter put up his hands in surrender.

"Whoa, whoa, calm down, sister!" stammered the Guardian. "I swear, we didn't want any of this to happen!"

An icy mist began to form around Elsa's hand, though this was largely unnoticed by Jack or any of his friends. "And why should I believe you?! You nearly killed my baby sister, and you honestly expect me to calm down?!"

Without hesitation, Elsa fired off a blast of ice that barreled towards Jack. The Guardian didn't see it coming. The ice blast nearly touched his heart...

...until it touched someone else's. Someone had flown in the way and took the blast for Jack...but it had cost her, dearly.

"Tooth!" Jack, North, and Bunnymund cried out in unison.

The tooth fairy fell over to the snow, ice beginning to creep over her body. She was still alive, but in agony.

Now, this was enough to anger Jack himself. With a wave of his staff, he turned towards Elsa, glaring daggers at the snow queen, whose countenance had changed not into one of fear of Jack Frost, but of guilt at what she had done.

However, despite anger taking root in his system, Jack only said one thing. "...forgive me for this..."

(cue Battle / Frozen Seaway - Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate OST)

Elsa, on her part, fell into what she saw as a battle stance, icy mist gathering around her hands. She hadn't intended to bring harm to the friend of this man, but it seemed that there was no other choice. Besides, she needed to know what these individuals were doing with her sister.

And she wasn't leaving without answers.

FIGHT!

In perfect sync, both wielders of ice fired a singular blast of ice at each other. In a brilliant shower of sparks, both projectiles collided and exploded at the midpoint.

This little display had given Jack the opening he needed.

The Spirit of Winter took off into a running start, weaving to the side to evade a shard of ice flying at his face. With an expert twirl of his staff, Jack countered with one of his own, at an attempt to catch Elsa at her blind side.

However, any and all confidence that he could catch her off guard was shattered when a barrier of ice emerged from the snowy ground, as if it had done so of its own free will. Snarling in frustration, Jack leapt up and fired off three more blasts of ice.

With a simple flick of her wrist, Elsa conjured another barrier of ice, riddled with spikes. As she had seen Jack plummeting down on her, she had hatched an idea in her head: with this barrier, she would defend against Jack's attack and skewer the Guardian as he landed-two birds with one stone.

However, Jack was having none of that.

With a desperate wave of his staff, he shattered the spikes in the ice barrier without even so much as touching it. With controlled precision, the Spirit of Winter landed on the now spike-less barrier, leapt off, and aimed his staff at Elsa and fired off a shard of ice.

Taken by surprise, the queen of Arendelle barely had time to turn her back and dodge the projectile in a desperate roll. Quickly, she thrust her hand forward, spikes of ice materializing in midair and flying in perfect sync at Jack. The Guardian, having just landed on the snowy ground, raised his staff into the air, countering with a barrage of his own.

Soon after, for about fifteen seconds, Elsa and Jack hurled all sorts of ice projectiles at each other. It was a duel, a test of might and power. Both wielders of ice were constantly changing positions; but Jack remained on the offensive, and Elsa on the defensive. Of course, the Spirit of Winter's superior experience warranted that he was steadily gaining the upper hand, but in no way was Elsa's power to be dismissed as petty tricks. That alone was enough to make things in this duel pretty even.

Dodging an ice shard courtesy of Jack, Elsa decided that it was high time she took this battle into her home turf.

Raising both of her arms, the Snow Queen of Arendelle commanded a thick and absolutely immense barrier of ice to rise up from the ground. Jack, taken aback by this move, barely had time to leap back to avoid a shard of ice skewering him.

Not letting this move deter him any further than it already did, the Spirit of Winter twirled his staff and swung it upwards, shattering a line of spikes in the barrier and forging a clean slope. Without missing a single beat, Jack ran up the slope, not slipping in the slightest as he did so. As he reached the top of the barrier, he saw that Elsa was already running towards the ice castle near the peak of the mountain, and that she had collapsed a bridge that connected two sides of a cliff.

However, one could only figure that that last move wasn't going to stop Jack in the slightest.

The Guardian took off, and spreading his arms, commanded the very wind to fly him towards the other end of the cliff! As he reached that end, Jack landed on the snow, rolling, and as soon as he straightened, he took off towards the castle in front of him.

In a short while, Jack had reached the front of the castle, just in front of the elegant ice bridge leading up to it...but was greeted with a sight that did not make Jack's day any better.

It was a golem made out of snow, icicles lining its back and functioning as claws in its hands. Its eyes glowing blue, the ice golem known as Marshmallow stooped down on Jack's level and roared.

It was then that Jack realized that Elsa hadn't fled to her castle to hide, but to buy herself some time to summon this construct in her own turf.

With a twirl of his staff, Jack stared Marshmallow down, prepared to do battle with it.

(cue Overcome the Myth - Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works OST II)

With a roar, Marshmallow brought its right hand down, prepared to crush Jack into a paste. The Guardian weaved to the side to evade it, but was met with the snow golem's claw swiping at him and raking his sweater. Jack was sent flying towards a rock, and was immediately met with the sight of Marshmallow leaping down on him, fists balled together and prepared to crush the Spirit of Winter into a paste.

Jack immediately slid to the side to avoid getting turned into mashed Guardian, and as a result, Marshmallow's mighty fists met the rock, cracking it and breaking it in half.

The Guardian aimed his staff forward and fired off a blast of ice at the distracted snow golem...but then he knew he should have realized that using an ice attack on a being that was literally composed of snow and ice was a terrible, terrible idea in hindsight.

Though the golem staggered, it showed zero signs of damage from Jack's attack. And this only served to piss Marshmallow off. The snow golem roared and took off to a running start, its right fist cocked back.

Not able to get out of the way in time, Jack ony uttered one thing. "...oh, crud."

Jack felt the wind knocked out of him as Marshmallow decked him in the stomach with a solid jab, sending the Winter Spirit flying towards the ice bridge! The force of the impact nearly cracked the bridge, and Jack was only barely able to get out of the way as Marshmallow ran and leapt up into the air, its fists raised high overhead. Without hesitation, Jack took off to cross the bridge, Marshmallow's fists making contact with the bridge and cracking it.

Not giving any sort of quarter, the snow golem advanced, its very steps causing the ice bridge to crack further. Not wanting to have any more of this golem, Jack slammed the butt of his staff into the ground, and with it, the bridge gave way and collapsed, taking Marshmallow with it! The snow golem's roars were silenced by the depth of its fall.

Jack let out a sigh in relief. "Huh. Guess that's that. Now to find that queen."

As he turned his back, however...a sharp pain shot through his spine as he was sent flying towards the castle doors! Jack yelled in pain as he slammed against the icy doors and forced them open, sliding face-first on the castle's icy floor. He looked up...and then he saw Marshmallow, giving him the mother of all death glares.

Before Jack could even voice out the impossibility of this event, another roar came from behind him...and the Guardian of Fun knew that it was the one that had nailed him in the back earlier.

It was another Marshmallow.

Jack grit his teeth in frustration at first...and then he let a cocky grin slip. He was going to take these oversized, well...marshmallows down. And he'd hatched just the plan for it.

Both Marshmallows roared at once and charged at Jack, their arms outstretched. Jack waited patiently...and then rolled to his left! The Marshmallows, unable to stop themselves or change direction, collided with each other!

Jack was now running up the icy steps leading to the second floor of the castle. The Marshmallows, clearly pissed at the fact that the Guardian had tricked them, roared after him, and immediately set to give chase.

Quick-thinking, Jack brought his staff down, solid shards of ice materializing in midair and raining down on the Marshmallows. Now, these were still technically ice attacks, but unlike before, these projectiles were not intangible, but solid. Meaning they would be less effective than usual, but they would still work.

And work they did. One Marshmallow was peppered and pinned to the ground by the shards, and for a second it howled and thrashed...until a large shard of ice skewered it in the head. The light left the golem's eyes, and it was silenced forever.

The other Marshmallow, on the other hand, roared in fury and indignity at Jack. With a simple twirl of his staff, Jack let another volley of ice shards loose, intent to skewer the second Marshmallow and be done with it...

...but as the shards made contact with the golem, they stopped short. A set of icy armor had materialized around Marshmallow, and it had been erected in time to shatter the ice shards that came the golem's way. To give Jack credit, through, the shards had cracked the armor, if by a very, very tiny margin.

(music at 4:00)

Unbeknownst to Jack, Elsa was watching this battle, and in appropriate response, she had crafted a suit of icy armor around one of her trusty snow golems.

Jack leapt down, his teeth grit in annoyance, then twirled his staff, multitudes of ice shards forming behind him and poised to strike. The Guardian waved his staff, and at his beck and call, the shards flew forward. Surely, enough force would be sufficient to overcome this set of armor, right? After all, it was still made out of ice.

With a roar, Marshmallow stood its ground, swiping at the shards and shattering them. Still, the shards came faster than the golem could defend against them, and it was forced to simultaneously tank through the barrage and swipe at the shards, which were increasing in size and frequency. Now, the ice armor around the golem was sturdy in its own right, but with the intensity of Jack's attack, it was beginning to crack under pressure.

One extra-long shard had gotten through the armor and impaled Marshmallow in the side, but seeing as a snow golem like Marshmallow literally had no pain receptors, all that served to do was stagger it. Marshmallow roared, and continued swiping and swiping away, even as more shards began to pierce through the ice armor.

One shard flew at its head and pierced through its forehead, but with Elsa's magic keeping it alive-albeit barely-all that happened to Marshmallow was that it staggered.

Immediately righting itself, the snow golem roared one last time in defiance, and sprinted forward through sheer force of will, even as the shards remained embedded in it.

His eyes widening, Jack brought his staff down in desperation, six more ice shards materializing above Marshmallow and nailing it in the back, causing it to fall face-first onto the icy floor and sliding just a few inches in front of Jack. This time, the light had left the snow golem's eyes, and with a wave of his staff, Jack manipulated the golem's remains to fly out of the castle to make sure the beast was gone for good.

(stop music)

Wiping the sweat from his brow, Jack huffed, "Phew! Guess that's that."

Then his eyes widened. "...Tooth!" Dammit! He'd almost forgotten that his friend was in critical condition! His teeth gnashed in desperation, he made to dash out of the castle, back to his friends.

Meanwhile, Elsa had just witnessed what Jack had done to her trusty construct, and immediately fear and panic had settled in her heart, as well as fury and desperation.

No. She wasn't going to let this ruffian bring harm to her sister and get away with it. She had to get answers! She had to save her sister! She had to win! She HAD to!

(cue Aesir - Bayonetta 2 OST)

As soon as Jack had reached the doors of the castle, he stopped short as the wind suddenly picked up speed. As Elsa's negative emotions reached her peak, so did her powers.

Jack had no time to think as a streak of ice flew towards and past him, landing on the ground and forming a giant barrier of ice that essentially trapped him there. Still, through the few windows of the castle, wind from a snowstorm was blowing harshly. The Guardian of Fun covered his eyes as the snow blew at his general direction, then scowled as Elsa strode from the icy steps, her hands aglow with icy power!

"Stop!" yelled Jack. "Look, I'm sorry about your sister! Calm down and let's talk this out!!"

However, the Snow Queen of Arendelle, overcome by her negative emotions, was having none of it. With a battle cry, she threw her hand forward, an absolutely massive ball of ice flew at Jack's direction. The Spirit of Winter's eyes widened as he barely dodged the ball, countering on instinct with an energy blast of ice. With a wave of her free hand, Elsa erected a barrier of ice that stopped the blast dead in its tracks. Without missing a beat, the Snow Queen of Arendelle swung her right arm upwards, a wave of ice spikes jutting out of the ground and snaking its way towards Jack. The attack shook the floor beneath him, Jack instinctively countering by waving his staff and freeing some of the spikes from the ground. With another twirl of Twinetender, Jack commanded the shards to fly at Elsa, who misdirected them with little effort. The Winter Spirit had no time to react as all five struck him at the side and gashed him, though none had impaled him.

In this battle, it was Queen Elsa who had drawn first blood.

Jack screamed in pain as he fell to his knees, blood staining his sweater. Due to this, he could not react in time as a bolt of pure, concentrated energy flew at his chest. This was the bolt that had nearly taken the life of Princess Anna herself. This attack worked by freezing its victim starting from the heart, and could only be reversed by an act of true love.

The bolt struck Jack dead-on in the chest, and the Guardian had no time to react. He was sent flying back-first towards the wall, and more air was forced out of him as a result.

However, through the thick haze of pain that threatened to overwhelm him, as well as the sudden pain that had flared up his chest, Jack was struck with a realization. Elsa was certainly powerful, that was a given. Truly, he hadn't expected this amount of sheer power from his opponent.

But then Jack realized that Elsa was attacking in a rather predictable pattern, as if she was throwing her attacks in panic and rage. This would make her moves easily exploitable and avoidable.

Jack smirked as the pain from his chest suddenly left him. Elsa was certainly more powerful, but he was the one with better control over the ice and his powers.

As Elsa reared her hand to strike with another bolt of energy, Jack leapt up, commanding the very wind of the snowstorm to fly him towards Elsa! Of course, with a swing of his staff, he batted the frozen heart away!

The Snow Queen of Arendelle, in desperation, fired off a volley of frozen hearts, but with expert swings and twirls of his staff, Jack knocked each projectile away! In response, Jack fired off a bolt of icy energy at Elsa. While the icy nature of this attack meant it dealt less damage than usual, the sheer force behind it was enough to send Elsa flying!

Panic was beginning to flood the Queen's system, this time in full. She couldn't die here! Anna needed her! She had to save her sister's life!

Unfortunately, the Queen was not to counter any more of Jack's attacks. With a nimble twirl of his staff, the Guardian of Fun fired off yet another blast of ice, which solidified into a shard that nailed Elsa right in the shoulder. The place where the shard had struck was vital, and now Elsa's entire right arm was rendered numb and useless.

The Queen fell over, crying out in pain. Quickly, with her functional arm, she materialized a sphere of ice to protect herself...

...but with a wave of Jack's staff, that ice softened into snow, and it quickly wrapped around the body of the ice queen.

His eyes narrowing in anger, Jack twirled his staff around, manipulating the snow to slam Elsa into the walls once, twice, thrice, four times, five times. With an air of finality, Jack raised his staff and brought it down, sending Elsa slamming into the icy floor.

Elsa weakly and feebly attempted to move, groaning from the sheer pain that flooded the entirety of her system. However, she was ready to give up the ghost as Jack trudged towards her, his staff aglow with power. She'd never expected him to display this power... Perhaps it was her fault after all. Perhaps Jack and his friends really meant her sister no harm. She had lashed out, and harmed one of Jack's friends in the process. As Jack walked closer and closer, the queen of Arendelle closed her eyes, unwilling to look her killer in the eye as he prepared to deal the deathblow...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

...It never came.

(stop music)

Elsa, curious that she wasn't face-first on the floor yet, opened her eyes and looked up...and saw Jack crouched down, his hand outstretched and waiting to be taken.

Through the fog of pain that seared her, Elsa managed to croak out a weak "...why?"

"...I never would," replied Jack, managing a weak, resigned smile. "Besides, finishing you here won't bring Tooth back, not in the slightest."

Elsa's heart began to fill with guilt. What had she done? Was this the result of her feverish desire to protect her sister-that she'd brought harm to one person, then loss to another?

...Then she remembered. The frozen heart! She'd only struck Jack's friend with the frozen heart! That meant that she still had a chance to live, to make up for this mistake brought about by misunderstanding.

The queen of Arendelle managed a humble grin of her own. "You know," she said, somehow wishing that it would give Jack some hope, "your friend might still be very much alive."

And bring hope to the Guardian it did. "Really?"

"Yes...but we have to hurry," she replied. "It's only a matter of time before the curse takes effect."

With her functional arm, Elsa took Jack's hand. "You're really strong, you know," she complimented as Jack helped her back up her feet.

"Heh, thanks," replied Jack. "Gotta give ya credit as well. Though you're...slightly weaker than Pitch."

As the pair prepared to leave the castle, Elsa inquired, "Oh, I never did get your name. Mind telling me?"

"Jack," huffed the Guardian of Fun. "Jack Frost..."

"My name's...Elsa," said the Queen of Arendelle as the pair approached the door. "Truly, it was pretty nice to meet you, even in the field of battle."

Jack turned to face Elsa, flashing a half-satisfied, half-cocky grin. "Same here."

KO!

*~*~*~*~*~*

Boomstick: ...Okay, that last part was DEFINITELY fanfiction. WHERE THE F*CK IS THE CARNAGE?!?!?

Wiz: ...I guess this is the first and only time we'll be giving in to fan demand, if there is any. JackxElsa shippers are everywhere.

Boomstick: BUT THIS IS A DEATH BATTLE, THERE HAS TO BE BLOO-

Wiz: Do you want your mangled, bloodied corpse to get buried six feet under by the shippers? We haven't any bunkers to hide from them should we incite their rage.

Boomstick: ...I get your point.

Wiz: Anyway, while there were thankfully no deaths, one combatant still emerged as the victor, and his name is Jack Frost.

Boomstick: We can give Elsa credit for being more powerful, having better imaginative potential, and the ability to summon creatures to help her, but you know what Jack had going for him in this fight? Literally everything else!

Wiz: Right. Jack was simply the better physical specimen of the two, possessing greater strength, toughness, and agility than Elsa. He also has the slight edge in combat experience.

Boomstick: Want proof? In what is literally Jack's only fight scenes in his movie, he fought Pitch for a total of two days! Meanwhile, Elsa's only fought two assassins for two minutes!

Wiz: What's more, Jack was the one in better control of his ice powers. Sure, Elsa has the broader scale of power, but that power may sometimes fluctuate due to her negative emotions. Jack, on the other hand, doesn't have to worry about power fluctuation due to emotions.

Boomstick: Jack also possessed the mobility advantage, and was more athletic. Because...look, have you ever seen Elsa do parkour and jump on rooftops with that long-ass gown of hers?

Wiz: Though to give Elsa some credit, she can create snowstorms which may hamper Jack's midair advantage thanks to his flight.

Boomstick: But in this case, would it really help her out in the long run? Also, Elsa's frozen heart attack was completely useless here. Because not only can Jack dodge it since it is literally just a projectile attack, as the spirit of f*cking winter, he'd be able to no-sell the attack, no problem.

Wiz: Well, in the end, despite possessing greater raw power, Elsa could not overcome the skills and powers of the Guardian of Fun.

Boomstick: Elsa almost had a victory, until she let it go. Huh. Guess she won't be building any more snowmen...oh, wait, she's alive, so...

Wiz: *groans* The winner is Jack Frost.

Winner: JACK FROST

+ Overall physicality is greater

+ Had more combat experience

+ More in control of his own powers

+ More athletic and mobile

+ Agile enough to dodge the frozen heart, since it is literally a projectile that has to hit its target first

-> + Even then, it's not like the frozen heart would have worked on him anyway

- Impulsive playstyle would prolong the fight

Loser: ELSA

+ Greater raw power

+ Greater imaginative potential

+ Could summon creatures to help her

- Outclassed literally everywhere else

****

NEXT TIME ON DEATH BATTLE:

Two of Young Adult Fiction's Most Iconic Heroines will Duke it Out...

TRIS PRIOR vs. KATNISS EVERDEEN! FOR REAL THIS TIME! (sorry for the crappy titlecard tho)

****

(A/N: Finally got this out! Sorry if it's long, LONG overdue. I can assure you that the cause of this is not me struggling to research them. It is the result of my life catching up to me (namely: school, social life...you know, the usual stuff). As always, don't forget to leave constructive criticism. Anyway, onto the main purpose of this author's note: announcements!

First off, regarding my DBX's...Don't worry, I ain't dropping them. I'll just post this season's last two DBX's in a separate chapter after Tris vs Katniss. Oh, speaking of that fight...I've already decided on the verdict before I swapped it out for Goliath vs Eren Yeager, and the fight is all I have left to do. Less work on my shoulders! Oh, and the DBX chapter will come in between Tris vs Katniss and the next battle, which is the season finale! Speaking of which...

Season finale. I've mulled it over, and maybe Chuck Norris vs. Madoka Kaname isn't the best season ender. So I swapped it out for a newer, better, more popular matchup...which will be revealed at the end of Tris vs Katniss!

Welp, that's all the announcements I've gotta spew out. Peace out, and don't forget to place your bets on who wins between Tris and Katniss!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261K 8.1K 186
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...
58.4K 615 19
Maximus rose, or just max is apart of the rose family.....or use too. He ran away at a young age after years of being neglected and abused. After he...
26.6K 763 20
Esther May grew up in a small town in England and she is your classic, cliche case of a runaway. The moment she turned 18 and got to apply for univer...
226K 10.4K 100
╰┈➤ ❝ 𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚.. 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙖𝙢 𝙄? ❞ ∘₊✧──────✧₊∘ You lived a normal and casual life in the twenty-first century. In fact, it would be a com...