Murder Mystery: The Case of C...

By Elizabeth_Lux

Carry Vanwheeler is dead. Who killed her? And why? I dare you to find out in this short novella. Read 9 su... More

Introduction
Case Notes
Suspect list
Suspect 1: Mrs. Sally
Suspect 2: Rosie Day
Suspect 3: Mr. Hillborn
Suspect 4: Mrs. Candy
Suspect 5: Dex Donner
Suspect 6: Mr. Kenning
Suspect 7: Miss Grayson
Suspect 9: Lilly Padd
Suspect 10: Mr. Zentangle
Conclusion
The Real Murderer Was...
The Real Detectives

Suspect 8: Mrs. Joyful

3.5K 206 79
By Elizabeth_Lux

The guidance counselor was back and you were able to speak with her for a few minutes.

                Her office was methodically organized and there was something just slightly off about her that you couldn't put your finger on. Even her name seemed to give you the creeps, 'Mrs. Joyful.'

                "Can you tell me about Carry?" you ask her.

                "Yes, I know Carry very well. I see –I mean saw, her quite frequently.  She came to see me every other day. She wasn't well liked by the other teachers –or most of the students. She got into fights, stole things, made more than one girl come to me in tears, and rarely went to class."

"Would you consider her one of the hardest students to work with?"

"Definitely. And the parents have been no help at all. I have spoken to her parents many times but her stepfather was unwilling to do anything about her behavior. In fact he is coming in to talk to me in about thirty minutes if you would like to stay and talk to him."

"That would be wonderful," you say appreciatively.

You are glad you don't have to track down where this guy works.

"Anyway, I feel like she had so much potential but she dashed her chances with bad behavior and unwillingness to change. I know Dex, her ex-boyfriend, had a lot of problems. They both came to me separately about their relationship. Dex was specifically frustrated with her after she broke up with him."

"Did you have anything against her personally?"

She thought a moment before shaking her head, "No, That's all I know, now I need to go talk to Mrs. Candy about her hunting knives."

You raise your eyebrows but do not comment on it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

322K 30.8K 12
I managed to get to #1 on Wattpad for Fantasy as well as Adventure in a month and a half. After four months, I had 1 Million reads and a year later I...
906K 25.2K 17
[Featured] [Highest rank #2 in Horror] [Featured by @TheExorcistFOX] Exclusive to Wattpad! "Whatever you do, don't let them inside." Liam is a ne...
11.6K 348 9
The Tempest is a play by William Shakespeare, probably written in 1610-1611, and thought to be one of the last plays that Shakespeare wrote alone. It...
40.3K 408 15
Emma Katie Sanderson is an Iceland hockey player like her twin Olaf. Gunnar Stahl is their best friend. Katie, as she goes by, is in love with Gunnar...