Say Something (Lams, Mute!Al...

By MishaIsOurOverlord1

19-year-old John Laurens has been in college for four days before his roommate shows up. When John introduces... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Author's Note
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter Not A Chapter I Just Keep Getting Tagged
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue
Okay guys...
CHOOSE CHOOSE CHOOSE
SEQUEL
Alternate Ending

Chapter 6

21.2K 913 4.6K
By MishaIsOurOverlord1

Alex's POV

We were hiding Burr in Herc and Laf's dorm room for the time being. Jefferson knew Aaron's dorm number, but had no idea where ours were located. In order to get him out of his classes for the next week, John had called his teachers and told them that Burr had come down with influenza. I brought him his homework every day. We all contributed. He was not to leave that dorm under any circumstances.

With Burr safe for the time being, that gave us time to come up with some plans to defend him from Jefferson. I currently had fifty-one ideas typed on my laptop, twenty-nine written on paper, and five more currently swarming my head. However, we still had school work to do, so I was writing an essay for my Creative Writing class. The plan was to write a three-page essay about a special person in your life. I may have gone just a little overboard.

"Are you almost done yet?" John complained. "I thought you typed fast! How long does it take to write a three-page essay?"

I stopped typing and looked at him with a smile. "Just let me finish this page to wrap it up, okay?"

"Fine. But how many pages did you write?"

"Including this one? Ninety-one."

John just sighed and went back to playing on his phone. When I finished my page, I saved my work and closed the laptop. I looked at John, who was already pulling on his jacket. We walked out of the dorms together and walked to the commons to get some food. As much as I didn't want any, John would usually make me eat at least two meals a day. We sat down at a table, and Herc and Laf joined us a few minutes later.

"So how many plans do you have against Jefferson so far?" Herc asked.

"I have around nine so far," John said.

"Ten." Laf looked pleased with his total.

"Eleven," said Herc. "That's honestly kind of freaky."

"Alex? What about you?" Lafayette turned to me.

I smiled shyly before taking out my phone and typing the number eighty-five and showing it to the group. They looked shocked at the number. However, they quickly recovered and started talking amongst themselves.

A phone went off, and Laf, who had just finished eating, pulled his out and read a text. An angry look screwed up his face, and Herc was the first to notice. "Uh, Laf, are you okay?"

"Oui. Why wouldn't I be?"

"You're driving a spork into your leg," Herc told Laf.

"So I am," he said, glancing down at his leg. He plastered a smile onto his face. "Hilarious!"

"Laf, what's wrong?" John demanded.

"It's nothing, seriously."

"Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert de Motier, Marquis de Lafayette, you tell me what's going on right now, or so help me..." Herc threatened. Laf looked shocked that Hercules actually knew his full name, but he sighed in defeat.

"It's Charles Lee. I don't know how he got my number, but he's been texting me threats about ma transexualité. Je suppose que tout le monde dans le groupe de Jefferson sait à ce sujet maintenant. Mais il menace de dire à toute l'école. Il ne me demande même pas de faire quoi que ce soit. C'est comme s'il voulait juste que j'aie peur," he said, unknowingly switching to French. (my transexuality. I guess everyone in Jefferson's group knows about it now. But he threatens to tell the whole school. He does not even ask me to do anything. It's as if he just wants me to be afraid.)

Herc and John looked to me for a translation. Honestly, sometimes it was annoying being the only one who understood Laf when he started ranting. I pulled out my phone and opened up the notes. John watched as I typed. He read the translation aloud to Hercules, and now all of us were angry.

"Honestly, why even bother to do that?" Herc growled.

"These are some strong words from Lee. Someone oughta hold him to it," John said. "I'm going to go find that prick. This has to stop. Now."

I looked helplessly at John. He wasn't seriously going to do anything, was he? He could end up getting himself killed! Or worse... But he left the room before I could do anything. I just ended up going back to the dorms and grabbing my laptop. I began to write a poem about humanity.

"Any dolt with half a brain could see that humankind has gone insane to the point where I don't know if I'll upset the status quo if I throw poison in the water main. Listen close to everybody's heart. And hear that breaking sound. Hopes and dreams are shattering apart and crashing to the ground. I cannot believe my eyes, how the world's filled with filth and lies. But it's plain to see evil inside of everyone is on the rise."

I continued to write until around two in the afternoon. Classes started in fifteen minutes. I saved my work and put my laptop back in my backpack. Pulling out my phone, I shot Laurens a text, hoping that he hadn't found Lee yet. I really didn't want to see him getting hurt. With a sigh, I walked out of the dorms and to my Creative Writing class.

(Time skip)

We were in Washington's class learning about how the United States government was formed. Most were finding it very boring, starting to fall asleep. I, for one, found it very interesting. Laurens had returned after, thankfully, failing to find Charles. He was sort of upset about that, but he knew he'd find the boy soon. The class was going great until about twenty minutes into the lesson, when the soft pitter patter of rain could be heard. I could feel myself tense, but I forced my muscles to relax. There was no way I was having a panic attack in class. Everyone would want to know what it's about, and I was not about to share my background with anyone. No one here even knew I was an immigrant! Nevermind the fact that I survived a hurricane. But the stronger the rain grew, the harder it was to stay calm. Luckily, no one seemed to notice just yet.

The color drained from my face as a flash of lightning illuminated the classroom. Still, no one spared me a glance, which I was thankful for. Glancing out the window, I saw just how dark the sky had gotten. It had been a normal day ten minutes ago! When did those clouds get so dark? Another flash of lightning had me struggling to keep from screaming. A flash of home passed over my eyes as a crack of thunder boomed, and the next thing I knew, I was on the floor. Shit. Flash after flash of the past. I felt a pair of hands grab my shoulders. They were shaking me, but I couldn't focus. All I could hear was the rain. The rain and the thunder. All I could see was the lightning. I could feel the wind and the rain, though a small part of me told me I was inside.

A new sound joined in. A siren. The wailing noise did it for me, and while I couldn't feel it tear my throat, I knew I was screaming. I was home, in the storm. Alone. Trees crashed to the ground, just to be swept away, snagging people as they went. Bodies. So many bodies. I could feel the nonexistent wind ripping at my clothes. Branches of trees and rubble from houses cutting my body. Drowning. I couldn't breathe. Imaginary water rushed into my mouth. I'd surface and cough. Underwater again. Repeat. And all the time, I could feel myself being shaken. Eventually, after what felt like half an hour of terror, but was probably only around five minutes, I tried to focus on that. The more I concentrated, the more the scenes around me started to fade. But every time I lost focus, I'd be snapped back into the storm. Soon enough, I heard a voice screaming my name. I could hear myself, screaming in panic. I could feel myself thrashing around in someone's arms as they shook me.

I forced myself to ignore the chaos around me and listen to the voice. "Alex! Alexander please! Alex!" A male voice. He kept repeating my name. I pulled myself towards the voice. I focused as the open wounds from the storm disappeared into scars. I listened to the voice as I was once again able to breathe, though it came out in gasps and sobs. I focused on the hands shaking me until I could see the lights of a classroom. I stilled my body as I noticed that there was a boy standing over me, fear and concern in his hazel eyes. It took me a moment to comprehend who I was looking at. John Laurens. I could feel other eyes looking at me, and I glanced around. The entire classroom was staring worriedly at me, though from a distance. Mr. Washington was at my side, along with John and Aaron. I wrapped my arms around John, gripping him tight. I knew I was sobbing, but I didn't care, and John didn't seem to mind either.

We sat there for a moment as I clinged to John like a lifeline. Eventually, I heard Mr. Washington speak. "Mr. Laurens, perhaps you should take Mr. Hamilton here back to your dorm room." I could feel John nod into my shoulder. He started to pull away, but I just pulled him in again. He sighed and picked me up bridal style. I knew it wouldn't be much effort for him; I was pretty light.

He carried me out of the classroom and towards the doors of the building. Shit. I forgot that we'd have to go outside, into the storm, in order to reach the dorms. He opened the doors without much thought, and I yelped the moment the cold rain hit my skin. John quickly pulled me back inside. "Alex? What's wrong?" I shook my head. "Is it the rain?" My response was a very slight nod. "I'll go as fast as I can then, alright?" I nodded again. He rushed outside and sprinted to the dorms. I kept a death grip on the boy until we were safely indoors, focusing on his presence to keep from thinking about home. He carried me up the two flights of stairs and to dorm 1776. Unlocking the door, he stepped inside and set me down on my bed. He moved to do something, probably to return to class, but I grabbed his arm, not wanting to be alone.

The sirens of the current storm still wailed, and the lightning still flashed. I'd flinch violently with every thunderclap and tense when the rain would fall harder. But John was my anchor to reality. As long as I could feel his presence, I wouldn't go back there. I couldn't think of any way to explain this to Laurens. Luckily, he simply nodded and sat down next to me. I wrapped my arms around him, and he did the same. I heard myself whimper into his shoulder whenever the wind would pick up. I'd yelp with every thunder clap, and flinch with every lightning flash. Yet he stayed with me the entire time, in that position, until I fell into a blissful sleep.

~~

Hey guys! Sorry for the wait! But hey! Storm Chapter! I should really be sleeping, but I wanted to update for you guys. BTW, there's a couple special references in this chapter, and if anyone gets them, that is an immediate follow if I'm not already following, because I love it so much. So yeah, there's that.

Okay, when did this story get so many views? I mean, come on! 1.7K! That's insane! Thank you so much! Do you really like this story that much? Seriously, wow. This is just... wow. I really wish I had this chapter up sooner, so I apologize once again for the wait. You're so patient, and I really appreciate that. You guys are amazing. I love you all so much! Thank you!

Well, I guess that's it for now. I'll see you all when the next update is ready! Oh, sorry this chapter is shorter than usual. You really deserve more. Okay, bye!

~MishaIsOurOverlord1

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304 22 8
Alexander Hamilton was just a normal 18 year old but when he meets Thomas Jefferson everything changes. He had it all, a good boyfriend, a good adopt...
17K 586 36
What if you fell in love with a city? The buildings, the noise, the talent, the transportation. The People. More specifically, one person. Alexander...
5.9K 296 37
alexander hamilton is your average angel. literally and figuratively speaking. john laurens however is a different case. what in the hell happens whe...
117K 2.9K 30
I did write this four years ago but art credits to caw.Chan!! John Laurens is a shy student who never talks to anyone, but when popular kid, Alexande...