Alaska || Auston Matthews

Oleh madeinthezm

We've all heard of Auston Matthews. He's the rookie that everyone who considers themselves a sports fan is ta... Lebih Banyak

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
nine
ten
ALASKA'S PLAYLIST
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
ALASKA'S PLAYLIST 2.0
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
I ain't dead
twenty five
twenty six

eight

3.3K 55 26
Oleh madeinthezm

ALASKA

"There you are!!" Carly yells to me over the noise. Auston and I had just arrived at William's after a short drive from McDonald's. I had wandered in, parting from Auston and eventually running into Carly.

"Here I am," I state, back to my usual awkward self. Carly smiles wide at me with a curious gleam in her eyes. She looks at me as if she's waiting for me to say something.

"What?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows. She gawks and allows her mouth to hang open.

"Aren't you going to tell me about your date?" she asks as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. I throw my hands up in the air at her word choice. All it was was a quick fast food dinner. I wouldn't have gone with him, but I didn't have a choice since he was in the car with me.

"It was not a date, Carly," I tell her with a serious expression. Carly rolls her eyes and mumbles a 'yeah, okay."

"Did I just hear the word date come out of Alaska's mouth?" Steph exclaims, suddenly appearing next to us with Mitch wrapped around her waist. These people!

"No, you heard the words 'none of your damn business,'" I retort, not trying to sound as rude as it came out.

"Jesus, someone didn't get some tonight," Mitch mumbles, although everyone heard him. My eyes widen in utter surprise.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I ask him, eyeing Steph and Carly as well. Both of them tried to contain their laughter.

"It means, based on your pissy mood, one can conclude that you and Auston did not, you know," he says, holding up the 'okay' sign and sticking his index finger through it. 

"Of course we didn't! Good to know you all think I would do that," I say, shooting Steph and Carly a look that probably said a thousand choice words.

"Well if it isn't sex, then why are you so pissy?" Mitch asks, slinging an arm around my shoulders. I don't bother moving his arm, knowing that no one was taking this conversation lightly.

"Mitch, I'm always pissy," I tell him, making everyone laugh. Carly doubles over in laughter, probably from the alcohol I smelled on her earlier. 

"Wait! Stay there!" Steph hollers, taking my phone out of my hand then positioning it for a photo. Mitch, Carly, and I are still laughing our asses off when the flash from my phone goes off, even though my comment wasn't all that funny. I lunge toward Steph, slipping my phone out of her hand and taking a look at it.

@alaskamay : post game

Tagged: @marner_93 @carlyyvalentine @stephlachancee

638 likes | 35 comments

@williamnylander : no flash photography in my home pls, I have art in here

@alaskamay : @williamnylander I should leave then... wouldn't want anyone to have to take pics without flash

@williamnylander : @austonmatthews tell your smartass girl to leave

@carlyyvalentine :  ^you're his girl?

@alaskamay : @carlyyvalentine no, I'm @tseguin92 's girl

@marner_93 : ew delete! I look so bad!!!

@43kadri : @marner_93 relax, you all look bad 

@stephlachancee : @marner_93 fuck outta here bud

@alaskamay : @43kadri thanks 

@natpeters : wtf is going on with you and Auston Matthews??

@marner_93 : @natpeters they're dating!

@austonmatthews : @natpeters no we're not!

@alaskamay : @natpeters just friends!

@43kadri : @austonmatthews just out of curiosity, how does it feel to be friend zoned?

Steph runs off with Mitch a few minutes after we take the picture, leaving Carly and me alone in the small crowd. There were definitely a lot fewer people here now than there were at Mitch's. Apparently, the post-game get-togethers were for players and close friends only. How in the world did Carly and I end up in that category? 

"What's up with you and Nylander?" I ask Carly. I realized that I don't know much about that situation and as her best friend, it is my duty to find out.

"Well," she says, blushing, "we're not official, but I really like him. He's sweet, funny, and keeps me grounded if you know what I mean."

"That's great, Carly! Do you think he likes you back?" I ask her, smiling at her response.

"I don't know... maybe? We haven't talked about that stuff, but we have been texting and hanging out," she explains.

"I think he does! Every time I see you two together, he practically drools! He looks at you like you're the only one in the room and you can tell that he genuinely cares for you and your feelings," I tell her. I wonder if those things are really just the things I want most out of a relationship. Carly seems to notice because her expression changes slightly. She reaches out and sets her hand on my shoulder.

"You'll find someone who gives you those things, okay? I promise. But if you want to find them, you have to actually get out and start searching! They aren't just going to be magically drawn to your doorstep! You need to put in your part and put yourself out there," Carly says, smiling warmly.

"Carly, I'm not going to start stripping if that's what you're implying," I say. It really did sound like she was trying to get me to start pole dancing as a way of 'putting myself out there.'

"You know that's not what I meant," Carly whines, shoving my shoulder playfully. I give her an unconvinced look that makes her roll her eyes.

"All I'm saying is that you need to start taking advantage of the many perfect opportunities you come across," she says. 

"What perfect opportunities?" I ask, scrunching my nose in confusion. Carly smacks her face into her palm before pointing to something behind me. I turn my head to see what she was referring to, seeing Auston leaning against the counter, taking a shot. I snap my head back over to Carly who now wears an amused expression.

"Carly, I'm serious!" I whine. I was not in the mood for her jokes.

"I'm serious too! Alaska, he's obviously into you and is just waiting for you to say the word," she says, looking back to Auston.

"He's a fuckboy, Carly! That's what he does! Flirt with every girl and make it seem like they're genuinely interested in you just to jump your bones!"

"You don't know he's like that! Plus, with that mindset, you'll never find a guy!"

"Okay, maybe I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty damn good guesser," I say, glancing back over my shoulder at Auston. He was now stumbling around the room, looking for something.

"I just think you should give him a chance. Test it out and if your predictions are somehow right, then you can just end it. It's not going to kill you," Carly suggests. I think over what she's said in my mind. I feel like she's right. Worst comes to worst, I end things and we never see each other again. 

Carly continues to look at me with a pleading expression but looks surprised when she glances over my shoulder again.

"Show time," she mumbles, smiling. I furrow my brows, not knowing what the hell that's supposed to mean. However, when I feel a large hand cover my back, I know exactly what she was hinting at. My eyes widen at the contact as Carly's smile grows, looking at the giant hockey player next to me.

"Alaska! I didn't know you were gonna be here!" Auston exclaims, yanking me into his side. I give Carly an uneasy look, eliciting only a thumbs up from the brunette. Rolling my eyes, I look up to Auston who is already staring at me with a goofy smile on his face.

"Auston, we drove here together," I say with a laugh. He looks at me, obviously unable to remember anything past five minutes ago, with a dorky grin.

"We did? I thought you hated me," he slurs, swaying around uneasily.

"I don't hate you, Auston," I say with a small laugh.

"Yes, you do."

"No, I don't."

"You're a liar too," he accuses with a pouty face. I can't help but crack a smile at his reaction.

"I'm not lying! I don't hate you," I say, growing tired of this back and forth. Usually, drunken arguments only work well when both parties are drunk. An unusual look creeps onto Auston's face, causing me to quirk a brow.

"I'm tired," he says suddenly. 

"Yeah, well me too. How about you go lay on the couch," I suggest, pointing to the empty piece of furniture. He shakes his head, pulling me closer to his warm body.

"I'm gonna take one of Mitch's cars home," he says, taking a step towards the exit. My instincts kick in as I step in front of Auston. 

"Like hell you are," I tell him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Move! I wanna go home!" he yells. I don't budge, groaning at how irrational he was acting due to the alcohol.

"You can't drive, Auston! You're so shitfaced right now, it's not even funny," I tell him, placing a hand on his solid chest so he can't pass me. He looks down at my hand, and his dorky smile returns.

"Then where am I supposed to go?" he asks, sincerely. I think about sending him home in an Uber, but that might be a little too risky. For one, he's practically a celebrity in Toronto, so I don't think public drunkenness is a good thing to display. Second of all, I don't even know if he would be able to give the driver the right address. 

I groan, knowing my options are very limited. Only one seemed mostly safe. I grab Auston's arm and begin marching us both towards the door. I grab Steph's keys off the counter and pull William's front door open.

"Let's get you home, Matthews."

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Author

I'm seriously so sorry for not updating in like two days!! I was so tired after school and practices and stuff, that I didn't have the energy or patience to sit down and write. Sorry!

Other than that, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter even though it's short and mostly dialogue. I promise that next chapter will be more interesting and will be published very soon!

As always, thank you for your time, votes, and comments: they are all appreciated!!

Happy Sunday/Saturday!

xx- Emily

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

212K 4.5K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
64.3K 1.3K 47
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A messy relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando...
161K 5.7K 42
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
803K 29.9K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...