The Representative: Yang Xiao...

De Showoff247

A "RWBY" - male reader insert Yang Xiao Long x Male Reader What happens when a kid on the street is randomly... Mai multe

Prologue
Chapter 1: Team VYTL
Chapter 2: Here We Are...
Chapter 3: Her Knight in Shining Leather
Chapter 4: Showtime
Chapter 5: Here's Hoping
Chapter 6: Rise and Fall
Chapter 7: I'm Right Here
Volume 2, Chapter 1: The Calm before the Storm
Volume 2, Chapter 3: DJ & Pyrrha- Together Forever?
Volume 2, Chapter 4: Love and War
Volume 2, Chapter 5: Special Mission - Backup
Volume 2, Chapter 6: Black, Red, then White
Volume 2, Chapter 7: We Shall See
Volume 3, Chapter 1: Round 1
Volume 3, Chapter 2: Battle of Hearts
Volume 3, Chapter 3: Prelude to Chaos
Volume 3, Chapter 4: The End of Peace
Epilogue: Vengeance

Volume 2, Chapter 2: A Nightmare of an Evening

5.3K 70 71
De Showoff247

Team VYTL and team JNPR sat at a large table in the cafeteria. It was lunchtime, but, for whatever reason, team RWBY had decided not to join us. 

It was almost a little strange to be seated at a meal without Yang close next to me. I felt a little empty whenever she wasn't around and this moment was no different.

"Hey, Jameson!" A feminine voice drew me out of thoughts. I looked over and saw a group of seven or eight very pretty girls gathered at the end of our table, surrounding Jamie. Judging by the mix of uniforms, most of them were exchange students visiting for the Vytal Festival, but all of them were staring at Jamie with adoring faces. 

I stifled a laugh at the sight of his nervous expression. This was the second time this week that he'd been ambushed by a crowd of women, something he wasn't familiar with at all. He'd become very popular with the ladies recently. It was hilarious!

"Uhhh... H-hello, ladies," he said. "W-what can I d-do for you?" He was starting to sweat. For a guy so big, strong, intelligent, and good-looking; he sure was a chicken when it came to girls.

The leading lady was a gorgeous girl with deep blue eyes and long, straight, black hair pulled back with a navy blue headband. Her lack of an actual "uniform" indicated she was from Shade Academy. She was the voice of the group. 

"Well... we were all planning on going to the Festival fairgrounds tonight, and maybe get something to eat from one of the vendors... We thought it would be really cool if you came with us."

Jamie was quick on his excuse. "I really appreciate it, but I was already planning to go with my friends," he said. "I'm sorry, girls." 

'You're a dirty, rotten liar, Jamie.'

Every one of those pretty faces was taken over by disappointment. "Oh... ok... well, maybe we'll see you there," the leader said sadly.

Jamie put on a fake, friendly smile. "Yeah! Maybe!"

As the girls walked away, Jamie let out a sigh of relief. He caught DJ and I staring at him in disgust and raised his hands innocently. "What?!"

"Do you know how many guys would kill to be in your shoes right now?" I asked.

"I know, and it's certainly flattering," he said hanging his head. "It's just that dating isn't something I'm interested in right now."

DJ jumped in. "Dude! It's not even about dating!" he scolded. "It's just hanging out with some girls and having fun! It doesn't always have to be something serious!"

The big guy was silent, so DJ continued. "Bro, that was JENESSA ABERNATHY!!!!" He emphasized her name as if it should have been the most obvious thing in the world. "She is the smartest and most popular first-year girl at Shade Academy! The team she leads just took over my old crew as Rank-1 in the class. She is the girl every guy at Shade wants but can't have. No guy could ever make any progress with her, yet here she is fawning over YOU!"

Pyrrha took note of Jamie's stressed countenance and placed her hand on DJ's shoulder. "I'm sure Jameson has his reasons. Just let him be."

With that, the subject dropped for the most part. DJ spoke up on the final issue. "Guess we have to go to the fairgrounds tonight."

"Not me!" I said enthusiastically. "I have plans to go out with Yang tonight!" I couldn't help but smile as I thought about it. It had been some time since my last real date with my girlfriend. I just had to confirm the plans with her.

----------------------------------------------------------

I woke up with the bell signaling the end of Professor Port's class. He looked disappointed that his "fascinating" story was cut short. My eyes found Yang as she was rubbing Jaune's head in an effort to comfort him. 

'Poor guy. Weiss must have shut him down again.'

I jumped from my seat to talk to my lady. "Yang!" I shouted to get her attention. 

She turned and smiled brightly as I approached. "Hey, Babe! What's up?"

"Do you want to go out for dinner tonight? I made reservations at Monty's."

Her face was suddenly disappointed. "Oh, (f/n)... I'm sorry. I would love to, but I already have plans with my team tonight."

That was unexpected. "Oh... ok... Well, I hope you girls have fun."

She noticed my apparent sadness. "I'm really sorry. I'll make it up to you, I promise," she said. She placed a quick kiss on my lips to reassure me. A faint smile appeared on my face. I could never stay upset with this woman.

"Why don't you do something fun with your team?" she recommended. 

I nodded my head in agreement. "Sure. They were planning on hitting the fairgrounds in town tonight. I guess I'll just go with them."

She smiled bright, only lifting my spirits further. "Good!" she said gleefully. "Have fun, and I'll see you later. Ok?"

I nodded, satisfied. We shared one last tender kiss, then she was gone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The vendors and fairgrounds were ok. I, of course, would much rather have been on a date, but I'll admit it had been a while since we had done something fun just as a team. It was nice.

Bright lights and decorations were hung all over the green area dedicated to the festivities. DJ was lively and energetic, as always. Skyler was enjoying herself with carnival games and looking at the arts and crafts on display from all over Remnant. Even Jameson seemed to be having a good time. I was just content to be with my friends.

Later on in the evening, we ran into the same group of girls from the cafeteria. Jameson was polite and civil with the ladies as they greeted him warmly. That Jenessa girl proved herself determined when she asked him to hang out with her sometime, but he quickly turned her down as best he knew how and escaped.

"Man, I still don't get how you could turn down Jenessa Abernathy twice in one day!" DJ lamented.

"I told you already, I'm not in the dating mood right now. I'm just not interested." Jamie seemed fed up with this subject. I could tell he was getting frustrated. 

I cut in. "Alright, DJ. That's enough. Leave the man alone," I said. DJ just sighed and shook his head while Jamie nodded to me gratefully.

Just then, my scroll began to ring. I looked at the screen. "Junior?" I muttered to myself. "What does he want?"

I answered the call, my back to my team. "Hello?" His voice came through panicked and desperate.

"Hey, boss! Please, don't be upset! It wasn't my fault! There was nothing I could do!"

I couldn't register what he was saying. "Hold on, Junior! Slow down! What happened?"

"Blondie! It was that blonde chick of yours!"

"WHAT?!" My surprise and instant frustration came out in my voice. "What about her?!"

"She came to the club tonight! I tried to keep her out like you told me to, but she blew my door off its hinges and forced me to talk!"

"FORCED YOU?! How exactly did she FORCE you to talk?! And what did you tell her?!" I was really getting worked up now.

"She threatened to call you if I didn't tell her what I knew about Roman Torchwick! She said you wouldn't be happy if I didn't give her what she wanted! I knew you would want me to keep our agreement under wraps so I told her what I knew, and she left!"

I took a deep breath to calm myself before responding. "You're useless, Junior. Absolutely useless... But you made the right call. I'm grateful for that."

"So you're not mad?" he asked nervously.

"No, I'm not," I responded flatly. "Is there anything else I need to know?"

His voice was much less scared and more urgent now as he tried to warn me. "One more thing, boss! I think your lady friend is headed for trouble tonight. It's just a gut feeling, but my gut is rarely wrong. Just thought I'd let you know."

"Thanks, Junior." I hung up and turned back to my team. They were looking at me seriously. 

"That was your informant?" DJ guessed.

"Yup," I answered shortly. My face was all business.

"Was it about Yang?" Skyler asked.

"Yup."

"I assume we're going to find her?" Jameson concluded.

My feet had already started moving. "Yup."

"We may not have to," DJ said, stopping me in my tracks. I looked at him questioningly.

He gestured to the air. "Listen."

I strained to hear whatever he was referring to. I heard laughter, music, and chatter from the Festival. Then there was the sounds of the city: honking car horns, barking dogs, and ... police sirens.

I didn't have to say anything. My team was right behind me as I took off at a sprint toward the sirens. Junior's words rang in my mind. "I think your lady friend is headed for trouble tonight."

'Please, don't be right. Please, don't be right.'

The sirens were headed toward the freeway. We arrived at a path leading down to the area below the elevated roads. The cops stopped us. "No! You kids can't go down there!"

Jameson addressed the officer, "What's the situation?"

"DENNISON! WHAT'S GOING ON OVER THERE?!" The booming voice was full of authority and on edge.

The officer before us called back. "Nothing, Chief! Just a few kids!"

"KIDS?! THIS IS A RESTRICTED AREA!! GET THEM OUT OF HERE!" The voice only got louder as the Chief of Police approached in an aggravated haste.

I bolted to the approaching lawman. "DAD!"

My father stopped in his tracks, surprised to see me. "(F/n)? What are you doing here?"

"No time for that! You have to help me! I need to get down below the freeway! I think my girlfriend is down there, and I think she's in trouble!" My voice was rushed and desperate.

My dad was a little taken aback by my words, then he spoke in pleasant surprise. "You have a girlfriend?!"

"DAD!!" I yelled impatiently.

My outburst jerked him back to the seriousness of the situation. "Sorry. Are you sure it's her down there?"

"Yes, sir. I'm sure." My voice was determined.

His face became stern. "Fine. Go. But be careful."

"Yes, sir!" I quickly bolted down the path with my team. Officer Dennison stepped aside at my father's order.

We got to the bottom just as a bullhead was taking off. I looked to see a wreckage of concrete and scrap metal. Team RWBY was there, bruised and battered. Yang looked the worst off. She'd been through hell. The girls saw me coming as I ran to my lady's aid. 

"(F/n)?" She said my name in surprise.

I didn't care. I charged on and practically tackled Yang, wrapping her in my arms and holding her tight with her feet dangling off the ground. I could only manage to mutter over and over, "Yang! Thank God!" I'd never been so scared in my life. I was only relieved that she was safe, albeit beat to hell.

She wrapped her arms tight around my neck and whispered in my ear as she tried to console me. "It's ok, Babe. I'm ok," she said. "It's ok. I'm safe."

Soon I'd calmed enough to set her down and look her over for serious injuries. When I'd confirmed that she was alright, I let my rage kick in. "WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING, YANG?!" I shouted. "YOU HAD ME WORRIED SICK!!"

Blake jumped in Yang's defense. "(F/n)! Hold o-...!"

"And YOU three!!" I cut her off as I turned my eyes on the other girls. "How 'bout you explain to me exactly what happened here tonight before I REALLY blow a fuse!"

Ruby stepped forward nervously and wrapped her arms tight around my torso. I was caught completely by surprise. I hadn't expected the gesture at all.

"Thank you for worrying about us," she began softly. She looked me in the eyes as she continued. "We'll tell you everything, but first we need you to calm down."

I took a deep breath as I embraced the younger girl. She was right. I wasn't just worried about my girlfriend. I was worried about all four of these girls. Blake and Weiss were my friends, and little Ruby was just as much a sister to me as Skyler. How could I not worry when they were in danger?

After some time, we separated, and she told me everything about their night. They had been investigating the White Fang, the dust robberies, and Torchwick. Apparently, Torchwick got his hands on some Atlas military mecha-suits. The girls had just finished fighting one, with Torchwick in the pilot seat, when my team showed up – hence: the wreckage, bumps, and bruises. I didn't bother to ask what else they'd found out. I just wanted to get back to Beacon.

As the conversation came to a close, Ruby suddenly got confused and started looking around. "Wait," she said. "Where are Sun and Neptune?!"

"Neptune was with me when we got here," Yang reported.

Instant jealous boyfriend moment: "Hold up! ... WHO THE HELL IS NEPTUNE?!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

When we got back to the main road, the police were still there. Everyone got introduced to my old man, including Yang. She greeted him with a huge hug and a kiss on the cheek. Needless to say, my father was very happy with my choice in women. Dad invited us all to attend a cookout at our house that weekend, which was graciously accepted. The police took a few reports of the incident, and we were allowed to leave.

The nightmare of the evening was past. Yang and her teammates were safe. That's all that mattered to me.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

3K 125 13
The Vytal Festival has arrived! While Y/n and his friends try to enjoy their time at the festival, the feeling of a storm brewing is felt throughout...
20.7K 267 6
The third volume and turning point in the RWBY series. Your relationship status is well and you and your teammates have become closer. An enemy you t...
9.9K 268 23
It was now time for the Vytal Festival to begin. You and your teammates were all eager to begin fighting in the tournament. But even though you were...
57.9K 784 47
You are Y/N Xiao Long, the brother of Yang Xiao Long. His mother was also Raven. Also Yang and Y/N are non-identical twins. So what happens when Y/N...