The Senseless Dragon Slayer (...

By moonlightbuckingham

Thundering Fenrir A Guild unknown to many, due to its privacy. They're strong, yet family. However, througho... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Digital Art!
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter 2

5.1K 128 42
By moonlightbuckingham

Shinju groans, bored out of her mind as she taps her fingers uncharacteristically on the table, her other hand pressed against her cheek with the elbow perched off the table. Her boredom showing in waves as she switches the position of her body every few seconds.

The clicking of her tongue irritating those around her who are now beginning to suffer with severe headaches due to the amounts of alcohol taken within the last twenty four hours, some even passed out cold.

Nata rolling her eyes, standing and wondering off down to the other end of the carriage towards the instructor. Illness slowly beginning to corrupt her stomach due to the long journey. She doesn't have short term motion sickness, but it appears after hours of this contraptions' movement.

'GoshdamnGoshdamnGoshdamn' Nata thinks constantly, and repeatedly, bags hung underneath her eyes to show the lack of sleep on the trains' long journey.

"You've been bored for hours on end. You didn't sleep the entire journey, yet complained non-stop to me without waking those three beside you." Coa grumbles, rubbing his eyes before attempting to glare at her, yet with his sunken eyes, it fails miserably.

"That leads on to the question how the heck did you not wake them? Miki is a heavy sleeper but Michiko and Valvia wake up at even the wingbeat of a fly." He mutters, scratching his head before clicking his tongue, instantly regretting it as Valvia shifts in her dozed off position, her legs curled up at her side with the sleeves still around the twins.

Valvia's hood up and covering her face in darkness, aiding with her continuous sleep.

"For your information...-" The sudden voice causes Shinju is squeal, jump and slide against the cushioned booth and slam onto the aisle of the carriage, nearly taking a returning Nata with her. Nata's face going purple and green with illness. "-You ass hat... I'm awake." Michiko growls, rubbing her chin against Valvia's covered arm.

Her eyes narrowing dangerously on Shinju and Nata who begin gripping at each other's' hair and snapping at the other due to Shinju's fall. "Stop it!" Entais cries, sliding further back into his compartment, not wanting to get hit by a fist as both females clash.

"If Miki's tail wasn't wrapped around me for comfort... You'd both be chucked out the window." She snarls, her nose twitching as does her ears. Her threat sending shivers down their spines in sync, both halting in their movements. Their heads slowly cranking towards Michiko who keeps a glare situated.

"I don't care how fast we are going." The sound of her snapping the bones in her paws cause a multitude of shivers through those around her, yet doesn't seem to harm Michiko. "Nata. How long." She finishes, however, despite her words bring a question, it's more of a demand.

"Apparently not the next stop, but the one after that. It should only be a few minutes due to the closeness of the village to Crocus." Nata mutters, crossing her arms over her chest and huffs, blowing her bangs out of the way before plunking down next to Coa. Shinju holding her hands up in surrender and sitting beside Nata as Michiko passes a death glare just as she was about to sit down next to Valvia.

Adjusting her position, Michiko sits up. "When we get back... You three are going to sleep. I, nor Valvia or Miki will be made a fool of tonight during the games." Her voice leaving no room for discussion. "You cause a ruckus and end up losing our place..." She smiles sweetly. –Fake. "I'll put you in your rightful place in the ground."

Without warning, she viciously bonks her brother on the head with her own. His head snapping up, narrowly missing another bonk on his noggin, a groan echoing through his throat. "Wake up." Michiko barks, the corner of her mouth tilted up into a half snarl, her tail extending and tapping Valvia's overcoat covered chest multiple times, getting small reactions.

"Jeez... Be more considerate will ya'?" Miki mutters, unwinding his tail from her and clicking his tongue. "If you're mad about not being able to sleep... Get some massive ear plugs." He grumbles, Michiko pouncing on him like prey and digging her claws into his ears.

Nata, Coa and Shinju laughing, but holding it in as much as possible. Entais at the other booth watching with shock lining his features. Something most new guild members do after watching Michiko and Miki. "You runt! My ears are for the purpose of protection so shut your trap!"

"And she says we have problems." Nata mutters to Shinju behind a cupped hand, snickering. "You're going to wake Valvia~" She sings in a high pitch voice. Coa smirking, swinging his legs and kicking the table almost in sync with a sharp, and swift bump on the rails.

"Oh fuc!-..." Miki yelps, rolling, shoving and yanking his twin over the edge and onto Valvia's lap.

"Careful, you two." Valvia sleepily speaks, picking both of them off her lap by the scuff of their necks, pulling them apart and placing them on either side of her. "You need to be in top condition..." She raises her head towards Coa, Shinju and Nata. "You three, stop snickering." They instantly stop.

"Did you get enough sleep, Valvia?" Miki asks, pawing gently at her side before rubbing his head against her arm affectionately.

'Of course she slept well... Idiot' Michiko thinks before grunting aloud and crossing her arms.

"I slept well." Valvia murmurs, scratching both exceeds' heads, receiving two purrs in answer. "If the game travels throughout the night, I'll be ready. I won't be tired and drag everyone behind." Relief evident in her tone.

"Unlike you idiots." Michiko mutters towards the three opposite, rolling her neck.

"Did you even sleep Michiko?" Coa asks dryly, raising an eyebrow in question.

"I don't need to."

"But you'll get tired tonight-..." Coa continues, at the same time Shinju mutters 'hypocrite'.

"After consideration. Miki is participating in the elimination round while I'll ruin the enemies in the actual games. When one of you guys fuck up and get injured, Miki will join back in." Miki grins proudly, leaping up onto Valvia's shoulder and slowly sinking himself underneath her hood, wrapping around her neck like a snake attempting to suffocate its prey.

Before anyone can respond, a mechanical huff echoes through the carriage followed by an instructors voice. "Afternoon, and soon to be Evening, passengers! We will be arriving in Crocus within the next five minutes, please dispose of your rubbish and collect your baggage!"

Laos, who has yet to sleep and become hungover screams which invokes more yells throughout the train.

"And, let's not forget you've been riding with Thundering Fenrir! A guild hopefully participating! Let's give them our best support for their efforts within the towns closer to the border!" The mechanical voice chants, causing Michiko to glance at her claws, inspecting them.

"Pathetic old man. That doesn't make sense."

The three members opposite all stand up, and with the shaky train, make their way towards their luggage which is in different overhead compartments.

Valvia taking the time to pet Michiko on the head gently who turns towards her with a knowing smirk. "You are hidden, Miki. Let's get to the hotel as swiftly as possible. I have some investigating to do."

"Michiko." Miki grunts. "You are to behave..."

__

"I've had enough with reading, Miki." Michiko snaps, wrapping her body in an overcoat, a smaller version of Valvia's that is till tightly around her body. The said dragon slayer laying on her front of the large bed with her hood still up. Fingers running of the specially designed braille book for her. "They're nothing but weaklings who will fall."

"You're doubting your opponents!" Miki responses angrily watching from his position as she fastens the buttons on the overcoat, however, after looking at herself in the mirror, she searches through her suitcase and slides a large hat upon her head. Ears sliding through specially cut holes.

"I'm not doubting, I'm just speaking the truth. Call me a fortune teller." She mutters, fluffing up her cheek fluff and passing herself a luscious look. "I mean, when have I ever lost a battle?" Her words instantly cause the atmosphere in the room to become thick.

Her eyes lowering to the ground with clenched paws, as if regretting her own words. Miki refusing any form of eye contact, tilting his head back and staring straight up into the ceiling. Valvia releases a soft pant of breathe.

"Miki, leave her be... She can easily read up tonight when we are gone. If not, she won't be participating." Valvia interrupts having stopped reading the braille and looked up. Miki grumbling and nodding reluctantly after seeing his twins' halted and tense form at her words.

"Not participate?" Michiko asks quietly before sighing and rubbing her forehead. "Fine, I'll read when I return. Hopefully you two will be winning the elimination round by then."

"Enjoy your exceed hunting." Miki calls out, all angriness gone from his voice, trying to give light-hearted support. "Or if you're going to perform. That mic will be useful." She chuckles emotionlessly at her brother, passing a knowing smirk, before vanishing through the window.

"Miki..." Valvia murmurs gently, continuing to run her fingers over the pages. "You do not need to worry... She may be cocky... but its' only to hide the broken pieces of her heart. How shattered it still is... After so many years." Her voice getting gradually lower as her body twists, and an earth shattering crack echoes from her spine.

Valvia's teeth gritting together as she whimpers from the sudden explosion of pain. Miki swiping out a strange tub from the suitcase that is filled with a lilac substance inside before rushing to her side upon the bed.

"You should tell me before next time..." Miki mutters, "Your body shouldn't be purposely pulled and tugged at-... Why the hell are you in the games then!?" Valvia chuckles in response, shivering slightly as Miki applies the lilac substance to her spine, yet not on the skin, but on the cape, dyeing it a strange shade.

"For years... despite our nickname, we've been looked down upon because of it." Valvia replies, her body shifting in accordance with the substance that slowly fades into the cape. "That's better, Miki." The male exceed screws the lid back on and chucks it aside.

"How is it? It's been a while since I've done this." Miki requests softly, wiping the substance from his claws with the tissues from the box placed on the bedside cabinet. His tongue clicking in disgust at the smell radiating from the constituent. "If I recall correctly, nor has Michiko."

"I'm getting there. No need to fret, I'll have to learn one day. I can't always rely on you both." She smiles softly, yet their positions make it impossible for him to see.

"It's our fault thou-..." Miki gets cut off.

"It's not." Valvia soothes, "Neither you, nor Michiko are to blame for what happened to us. We all lost something that day. Something that kept us whole. We all changed." She rolls over and stands, Miki's eyes watching her carefully before she vanishes into the bathroom.

Obviously, not wanting to continue the conversation.

Miki lowers his head in sadness.

"Yeah... but unlike Michiko and I... Everything about you changed."

__

Michiko clicks her claws as she lowers down with her wings till her paws reach the ground. The mic folding in on itself up until it's vanished from sight into the mechanical headset. Her body leaving the hotel behind, yet remembering its location.

The night already upon them, it being hours from midnight.

Crocus filled with lights, flowers and people. Something she doesn't see often. Their hotel not fancy, nor is it in poverty, but more on the outskirts of the western region of the city. Perfect for them, giving them as much privacy as possible. Michiko smirks, flicking her longer fur over her shoulder and with a pride stride begins walking down the streets.

Eyes glancing into the windows of the shops seeing food, clothing, jewels, magical items and flowers scattered. Some looking overcrowded which is displeasing to her lush, green eyes. Cheers echoing throughout the streets as people sitting outside bars clink their mugs together before downing it.

"Drunken maniacs..." Michiko notes, adjusting the fasteners on her overcoat. "It's strange... I don't see any other guild marks." She mutters to herself, "Happy days." Smirking, she modifies the position of her hat, tilting it up before striding confidently into a close by retail store.

The part of Crocus she stands in more crowded and popular, as she glances through the clothing that would easily fit Valvia. 'These prices though...' Michiko internally groans, not having brought enough within her jewel pouch.

"Miss, I don't think they'd fit you." A feminine voice catches Michiko's attention as she growls lightly at being interrupted from scanning through an assortment of baggy trousers.

"I'm not asking for your opinion, wench." Michiko replies viciously, glancing up to see an employee looking mortified at her reply. "Go do something that's worth your time instead of annoying me, else I'll be sure to get you fired for indecent comments." She snaps watching the female scurry off quickly.

A sob echoing in Michiko's ears.

"Cry baby, cry baby... But no one fucking cares." Michiko hums in mocking.

A smirk alighting her mouth before sashaying towards the retail piece of the store, scanning through the meat section before rolling her eyes in disgust. Not at the food, but by the angry stare she's getting from the female employee whose glowering at her constantly from behind the stalls.

'Does she really think she's hiding?'

"If you're jealous of my luscious fur, why not stop staring?" She asks, glancing towards her left and adjusting her hat once again. "Your staring is just increasing the chances of being injured." Seeing the metaphorical stream echoing out from her ears, Michiko slowly walks away towards the exit.

"I suggest not coming back." The employee threatens, crossing her arms over her chest. Michiko finally seeing the name bag and smirking mockingly.

"Well, that's not going to happen. When the games are over, you'll see my name in shining lights, as will my brothers' and partners'. Enjoy your job while it lasts, and make sure you pay for the damage."

"What dama-..."

Michiko rapidly grabs the centre of one of her staves, and with an agile swiftness, smashes it into the stores' front window, the glass shattering and slamming to the ground in its heaps.

Along with the glass, pieces of lumber in which the store was created with crumbles down and expands dust out to block out Michiko from view of the outside onlookers who were frightened by the sudden destruction.

"Enjoy, pathetic human." Michiko laughs, swiftly running and with the use of her wings, enabling her to fly out of sight and onto one of the rooves down the street.

"Such a petty person... The only one worth living is Valvia." She straps the stave back into its place, crossing its double before jumping down and landing with ease and gentleness onto the street opposite the one she was just in. "The rest... they can rot."

However, it wasn't the best choice.

Her ears flicker as she narrows her eyes at the five exceeds differing her, only metres away, yet only one has caught sight of Michiko who clicks her tongue and begins walking in the opposite direction after catching a very small print of ink on the white exceed's back, above the plain dress.

"Guilds..." Michiko mutters angrily, yet she swiftly vanishes from the green furred exceeds' view before.

"Frosche." A male voice mutters, "Don't wonder off. Stay close." Michiko hearing a childish sigh as she glances around the corner of the building, and with calculating eyes, watches the exceed with lush green fur and a... pink frog costume?

"Fro thought... saw exceed." He mutters sadly before joining the other exceeds back at their partners side, his human partner keeping an eye on him, to ensure he doesn't wonder off like he did only a few hours prior.

"Another exceed?" Another voice enters, Michiko's eyes landing on a exceed with a smug, yet content look on his face, his fur maroon with patches lighter than the rest. "Hear that Sting-kun?" He questions.

"I don't see him anymore..." Frosche mutters sadly.

"Those exceeds are part of guilds... " She confirms in her mind, stopping all plans she had to do. "I'm also a she... you wee brat." She snarls, instantly regretting it as she ducks further out of view, using her sharp claws before digging them into the building and climbing up for a high advantage point. "So the books were correct... The dragon slayers do have exceeds like me and Miki... Yet, they're as weak as a moth."

"A white exceed... stuck up, according to the notes... Partnered with Wendy, a sky dragon slayer. However, when it comes to physical attacks, pointless. Against us..." Her eyes travel to the two mentioned in her own words, assessing them quietly and secretly.

"A maroon exceed... Originally ruthless and smug. Partnered with ex-guild master of Sabertooth... Stan-... Steve or something... Cocky, and third generation."

"Frog exceed... Shallow and a child. Partnered with Rogue... Someone shady and emotionless... Third Generation."

"A blue furred exceed... Happy, joint with Natsu... A dragon slayer that is thought to be the strongest of them all... How pathetic... and false."

With her mink suddenly clinking into place, she swiftly turns, leaping off the wall, her wings appearing before flying out of the alley's end and towards her hotel. She shakes her head, landing outside the hotel and fixing the mic. "I won't falter, rule number one... Protect Valvia... Number two... Destroy all who oppose us."

Reaching the hotel, she sighs deeply, cracking her paws and neck. Her wings still sprouted before flying up into the window which she exited hours ago. The window pane slightly agape as she slides in. The room void of Miki and Valvia. "Crap... Did the elimination round start early?"

Tightening the overcoat and hat, she exits the room, glancing up and down the corridor which is empty, with lights dimmed down. Making her way down the stairs, noise begins to escalate. "Yo, Michiko!" Chiko greets, walking at her side as she enters the main lobby.

She didn't reply, but cross her arms over her chest and snap her teeth in his direction.

"The competitors are currently getting sized so their clothes can be adjusted for tomorrow. You should go too." He points towards the back room and without any response; walks towards it, pushing open the door and being greeted with Valvia sitting on a box to her left.

"You need to remove the coat for being sized!" Shinju yells, waving her hands madly, a measuring tape in one hand. Her body very close to Valvia whose hood is down as she shakes her head. Miki growling on her lap and swiping his claws every time she gets too close.

Coa and Nata watching with tilted heads, and widened eyes.

"Leave her alone you imp!" Miki snaps, "Michiko is here. She knows Valvia's measurements." As if sensing the dangerous aura, Shinju halts, and slowly, little by little turns around. Michiko's eyes narrowed in fury before storming forward, and using her staves, swipes Shinju's feet out from underneath her with an agile swiftness.

Miki carrying Valvia towards the screen that darkened out with patterns before swapping positions with Michiko. "Seriously... Why didn't you just say so?" Shinju growls, rubbing her head where a bump is forming.

"Because you wouldn't give me a chance to say so." Miki replies, crossing his arms over his chest just as Michiko reappears with a clipboard and scribbly answers written on the parchment. "Besides, shouldn't you have done this beforehand?"

"Here." Michiko mutters, chucking the clipboard at Shinju who passes it to a male in a butler outfit.

"I did... But all I need is measurements. They should be ready by tomorrow. We won't use them tonight."

"However." Valvia mutters softly, coming back out, Miki jumping up and wrapping around her neck. Michiko flying up and concealing her, and Valvia' face.

"The clock is about to blare the beginning of the elimination round. We need to make it to the roof."

__

Updated earlier than supposed to, but haha.

Action properly begins in the next one.:)xo

Vote/COmment/Follow

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.9K 1.4K 53
During the seven years that your most powerful guild members were stuck on Tenrou island, Sabertooth, an up and coming guild when you were younger (n...
3.4K 104 42
(Y/n) wakes up one day not being able to remember anything. When she was at her supposed home something didn't seem right, so she left. While trying...
1.5K 9 66
Lucy had a secret that was kept form the whole guild, she was secretly a fire dragon slayer like Natsu, she was trained by a special fire dragon in a...
408 15 15
As a child, (Y/N)'s older sister was part of the famous Fairytail guild. She spends a lot of time in the guild with the other children seeing as her...