Falling For A Fallen

Por ComeSerenity

I'm Nyala Garmound. A Nephal. What's that you ask? Simply the result, when a fallen angel lusts a human woman... Más

1 Failed Escape
2 Putting Up With This Partner
3 Not Giving Up
4 Escape
6 Fate
7 Mystery Silhouette
8 Weaponry
9 Nightmares
10 Senious Avecum
11 A Deal's A Deal
12 Omen
13 Chaos
14 At the Gates
15 In Search of Kaiti
16 Hidden Room
17 The Last Battle
18 Feelings
19 The Human Girl
20 Powerless
21 Revolution

5 Another Attempt at Freedom

768 28 5
Por ComeSerenity

 *Dedicated to XxXTwixXxX For Commenting On Every Chapter & Being A Dedicated Reader :)

A/N: This chapter isn't much if I must say so myself :) BUT bear with me as it leads into a better plot, and I promise the next chapter should be better! Enjoy, and thanks to all those who read this far :)

*Chapter not proofread

፠CHAPTER FIVE፠

My back leaned against the cold, hard wall of my dorm. It had been already a full hour that I’d been sitting there, doing absolutely nothing. I was completely honest when I’d said I wouldn’t give up. But the question was: What could I do now?

The ceiling fan above my head clicked with every slow rotation as I unconsciously twirled the thick, electric band around my hand. A soft knock snapped me out of my trance and my glance led to the door. Kaiti stepped in and shut the door behind her.

“Hey.” She greeted, then cleared her throat.

I sighed and rested my head on my knees.

Kaiti stooped down before me, a wide smile spread across her flawless face, her faded violet eyes burning with excitement. Every Nephilim’s eyes lightened in color when they hit the age of fifteen. A sure sign that they weren’t human, and a reason why they belonged to Calambria from that moment on. Especially since soon enough, they would all start developing powers of their own at various ages. I envied how Kaiti always smiled. Why couldn’t I emit such happiness as well? I looked my friend in the eyes and asked, “Why are you so happy?”

“The question is, why aren’t you so happy?” she replied with a giggle. “I just came up with the best plan.”

My eyes grew wide, and my heart rate quickened. She couldn’t be serious. “You mean-”

“Escape. Attempt two!” she squealed.

I couldn’t believe it. “But I thought you were against it.”

Her eyes softened, and her lips formed a faint smile. “I was. But look at you. You’re even more caged up then before. I can’t imagine being in your position.”

“Thank y-”

“Don’t thank me just yet.” Kaiti winked and placed a finger on my lips. “We take action tonight.”

--¤፥ º̊‡° ˚̈̇᎐፤•∙ⶑ†--

I shivered as the wind blew in through my dorm window, making my hairs stand on edge. It was full moon tonight, and the perfect weather for another one of those Nephilim parties. Except this time, it’d be within Campus A. What did this mean? Nyala Garmound –that’s me- had the right to go.

Chayn leaned on my dorm wall and glared at Kaiti and me. “I’m not sure.” He stated.

“Oh, come on party pooper.” Kaiti pointed a thumb downwards. “The party’s on campus. She’s not going anywhere. The most that could happen is Nyala running around drunk… and naked.”

She smiled and looked over to me. “Wow. I would never-”

And,” she added, cutting me off in the process, “just to make sure. How about you tag along?”

Chayn scoffed and stifled a laugh. “Sorry, kid. I don’t go to any of those Nephilim parties.”

“Well, why not?!” Kaiti stomped a foot.

Me, on the other hand, gave my eyes a roll. My knees trembled. I couldn’t hold back my trepidation. Our plan would surely fail if Chayn didn’t come along. How else were we going to get him drunk? Yes. Drunk. With Chayn out of the way, my escape would work out perfectly fine. You’ve got to give it to Kaiti to come up with such a simple, but brilliant plan. After all, every guy drinks, whether human or not. At least, from what I know of.

Chayn eyed me and lifted an eyebrow. “Why do you want to go so badly, anyway?”

Because, if I’m going to be grounded to Campus A, I might as well have fun with every small chance I get.”

He sighed and shook his head with frustration. “I feel like a father arguing with his teenage daughter.” He replied, then looked back up towards me. “Fine. Let’s go.”

Kaiti let out a squeal and gave Chayn a big bear hug, in which he didn’t return. Then, she rushed over to me and shoved me into the bathroom.

“I’ll get your clothes ready!” She exclaimed and winked.

Thirty dreading minutes later, we were standing in front of a dorm located on the first level of a Campus A building. First class. Kaiti and I wore a matching pair of jeans, along with deep blue shirts. Chayn hadn’t even bothered to change. He decided to show up in a black buttoned down shirt and dark jeans. I forced myself to look away as much as possible. There was no way I’d let myself be attracted to an ignorant guy like him.

I have never stepped foot on the first floor, and couldn’t help but look around in amazement when I finally did. Even the halls were completely different than that of my floor. A red carpet covered the hallway and glittering jewels aligned the edges. I rubbed my bare shoulders, but not from the cold. Rather, from anxiety. Kaiti shot me a thumbs up as she slid the doors open, leaving loud music tumble out. I trotted into the room and looked around, gaping. The dorm looked like it came straight out of a hotel magazine. I stopped, however, when I noticed the amount of heads turned in my direction. Chayn remained standing behind me. So close, that I could feel his breathing. My body stood still and my glance fell to the floor.

“Kaiti?” I heard a voice say.

“Yeah, yeah. I’ve officially entered the building!” Kaiti replied and whipped an arm around the girl who’d called her name earlier.

“Gem, this is Nyala. Nyala, Gem.” She introduced us. Gem gave a firm shake of the hand, but her grip loosened quickly as she looked over my shoulder.

“Are you-?” she started, wide-eyed, but didn’t finish.

“Chayn.” He answered, placidly.

“No way!” she yelled out.                

A couple of girls made their way to us.

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” I let out, unconsciously.

By Chayn’s expression, he was probably thinking the same thing. I backed away and made sure to be far from the little fan group now formed around him.

Kaiti and Gem were in view just ahead of the group. I saw her whisper something quick into Gem’s ear, leaving with a sneaky smile, and making her way to me.

“Let’s leave it to them, shall we?” she said, and pulled me away.

My head automatically turned to see him one more time before leaving the room.

The only thing that was rushing through my head for the rest of the evening was the chance that I’d get as soon as Chayn was out of the way, but it seemed to take forever. I danced, I socialized and I sat around. No matter how I tried to make time go faster, Chayn seemed perfectly fine from where I was standing.

“Are you two together or something?” a voice interrupted my thoughts.

I hesitantly turned my head towards the girl standing beside me. Gem smiled in return.

“Who?”

“You and Chayn, of course.” She replied, and offered me a cup of alcohol.

“No. Why in the world would you think something like that?”

She retreated her cup after I rejected it and shrugged. “I don’t know. I know he’s been guarding you and all, but he seems to stick with you wherever you go.”

I remained silent, leaving the loud music pound, filling the silence between us.

“Not to mention, you’ve been staring at him for the last ten minutes.”

My eyes widened at such a statement. Surely she didn’t think I liked him, did she? I scoffed and shook my head.

“Liking that bastard is the last thing on my mind.” I ranted. “Unlike the rest of the girls in this dorm, I can actually see past his good looks and into his unminding and selfish behaviour.”

Gem raised an eyebrow at me. “Well, I’ll agree with him looking good. And, man, that guy can take in alcohol like it’s water!”

She shook her head and took a sip of her cup. Checking her watch, she turned to me and said one last thing before leaving.

“You should go check up on him by now. He should be gone. My job is done.”

With a wink, she left me standing on my own. I had no idea where Kaiti’d disappeared to either. So, being on my own, I turned and made my way to Chayn.

There were hardly any girls circling around him anymore, though. He must’ve chased them off. Instead, he sat in the corner of the room with a couple of Nephilim guys, conversing about who knows what.

He leaned back in the brown wooden chair, a hand slung over the top and a cup of alcohol in it. I crossed my fingers behind my back and stooped down beside him.

“So,” I started and searched my brain for something quick to say. “How’s it going so far? Not so bad, huh?”

Chayn shrugged in response and a lopsided smirk formed on his face. Then, the standing legs of the chair slipped forward, leaving him tumbling backward. The whole group burst into laughter, Chayn included. I found myself staring. It crossed my mind then, that I had never seen Chayn laugh before. Shining those pearly whites made me gape. How could it be possible for him to look better than he already did? A laugh had definitely lightened up his face more. A few more smiles like that, and a less harsh attitude would make me run in his direction. I brushed the thought away and held my forehead. He stood up straight, with the help of his new friends, and chuckled as he slumped back down onto the chair. When he talked, he words were but a slur.

“Look. It’s Nala.” One of the guys seated in the circle stated. “That crazy Harroway Woods girl! Hey, Nala!”

The guy beside him shoved him slightly and shook his head as he eyed me. “It’s Nyala, you dimwit.”

“God, like that’s important.” The first guy looked over to me. “I looked into Harroway Woods once, and saw one of those viscous dogs creeping in the bushes.”

He faked a shiver and smiled.

“They’re the ugliest things I’ve ever seen!” another Nephal added. She sat on the lap of what seemed to be her boyfriend from what I was seeing. “I’d hate to be around one of those hideous monsters!”

“You heard that, Jay.” Chayn motioned to the guy that she sat on. “I think that’s your cue to leave.”

The group burst into rowdy laughter once again.

Before I was able to think it through, though, a pair of hands clamped down onto my shoulders. With no hesitation, I looked back to see Kaiti grinning down at me, her lipstick faded. Both our glances led to Chayn who took another swig at the cup in his hands.

“Bingo.” Kaiti whispered into my ears.

And I knew right then, that the time I’d been waiting for all night had finally come.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

197 9 68
They say, "Be careful what you wish for." They say, "There's truth to every story." They say, "Karma's a B***h." A heart's wish is a powerful thing. ...
4.5K 197 29
18+ Edited and Completed When Mira bumps into a man in the club, dressed in wings, she thought "What kind of an inconsiderate idiot wears wings to t...
851 64 48
My name is Tony. Well actually it's Anthony but that's not important. Anyway all you need to know right now is that I met my guardian angel in person...
408K 10.6K 16
MATURE CONTENT 18+🔞 MATURE RATED PLEASE DO NOT REPORT Delta was 23, she dumped her boyfriend of 3 years to accept a job offer in New York that she d...