The Woodlands (#1 THE WOODLAN...

By LaurenTaylor3

Rosa never thought she'd make it to sixteen... When being unique puts you in danger and speaking your mind ca... More

PROLOGUE
1. ROSA
2. THE ASSIGNMENT
3. GIVING IN
4. THE NEWS
5. BREAKDOWN
6. JOSEPH
7. WARMING
7. THE KISS
9. LEAVING PAU
10. THE TEST
11. ALLOCATIONS
12. CONSTRUCTION
13. ASSESSMENT
14. CLIMBING
16. WAKING UP
17. CLARA
18. PRE-MATURE
19. SMOKE
20. TRUTH
21. QUESTIONS
22. HUNTED
23. ROSA AND JOSEPH SITTING IN A TREE
24. FOOD AND WATER
25. SISTERS
26. LIGHTS OUT
27. WASH AWAY
28. WAKE UP
29. THE CHOICE
30. REVELATIONS
31. A COUPLE
32. THE CITY
33. THE MALL
34. THE PLAN
35. YELLOW EYES
36. BUILD
37. BREAK
38. BIRTH
39. TIES
BOOK TWO of The Woodlands Series: THE WALL by Lauren Nicolle Taylor

15. THE FOG

8.9K 373 4
By LaurenTaylor3

Whoosh! The sound of air escaping from somewhere startled me. But then a calm washed over my whole body and whatever startled me didn’t seem to matter anymore. Every muscle in my body relaxed and I felt myself sinking.

Whoosh! There was that sound again. I wondered where it was coming from, but at the same time I didn’t care. Curiosity was a vague shape, easily shelved. I felt at ease, peaceful and sleepy. But something sharp kept pushing up inside me and telling me to fight it, drag myself out of this strange fog. This peace was false.

I pricked my ears, feeling like I hadn’t used them in months. The whooshing sound had come from underneath the slim, metal-framed bed I was sitting on. I dragged my body up to sitting and rolled over and down the side of the bed. Every movement needed my full concentration and energy like I was moving through molasses. Once over the edge of the bed, I felt like I was dragging myself over the edge of a cliff, my legs dangling in the air. I gripped the cold, metal bars of the bed, feeling like I might fall miles and miles into a dark abyss. My body felt uncoordinated and unbalanced but I persisted, pulling my awkward form along the floor like a commando.

And there it was…

Underneath the bed was a tiny silver pipe with what looked like a little showerhead over it. “Whoosh!” A flush of cold, sweet smelling air hit my face and everything went dark.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 139 42
At a certain juncture of time in the Middle Ages. A tyrannical king ruled his kingdom with an iron fist. His every whim was law, and his subjects liv...
62.2K 2K 26
*WARNIO!! This is my second book I wrote on Wattpad. THERE will be mistakes!* Read at yo own dang risk! "Who is she?" "Can you get me her number?" "...
Marked By Ellie

Science Fiction

247K 16.5K 96
Four unmarked survivors. One totalitarian government. A fight to keep their humanity intact. 100 years into the future, the E-91 virus has thrust th...
355 23 17
# I will stop publishing my story on wattpad because I'm worried about plagiarism. The world has been destroyed. All that remains is the Ark, and in...