Stranger Not So Danger

By rosegolden_

"When I first met you, you were a complete stranger. But through time, I thought I really started to get to k... More

Chapter 1 ~ An Unlikely Encounter
Chapter 2 ~ Fish Face
Chapter 3 ~ Texting Buddies
Chapter 4 ~ Friends
Chapter 5 ~ The Perfect Date: Dinner...
Chapter 6 ~ ...and a Movie
Chapter 7 ~ Better Than I Expected
Chapter 9 ~ Said too Soon...
Chapter 10 ~ Playing With Feelings
Chapter 11 ~ Some Explaining To Do
Chapter 12 ~ Diner Date
Chapter 13 ~ Just Like Animals
Chapter 14 ~ Doggie Duty
Chapter 15 ~ Home
Chapter 16 ~ Prepping
Chapter 17 ~ Will You Be...
Chapter 18 ~ Nervous
Chapter 19 ~ Surprise!
Chapter 20 ~ Survivor
Chapter 21 ~ Not Lucky, Blessed
Chapter 22 ~ Only You
Chapter 23 ~ Half a Winner
Chapter 24 ~ Thank You
Chapter 25 ~ Volunteer
Chapter 26 ~ Trust
Chapter 27 ~ Misconceptions
Chapter 28 ~ Heartbroken
Chapter 29 ~ Silence
Chapter 30 ~ Talking Through the Pain
Chapter 31 ~ I Hope You Remember
Chapter 32 ~ I'm Okay
Chapter 33 ~ Finally
Chapter 34 ~ Good & Bad
Chapter 35 ~ Decisions
Chapter 36 ~ Ready?
Chapter 37 ~ You're My Inspiration
Chapter 38 ~ New Beginnings
New Book!

Chapter 8 ~ Old Friends

5.9K 191 29
By rosegolden_

"Talking to old friends makes you realize how much your life has changed." -Unknown

~~~~~~~

Jake's POV:

It took me SO long to build up the courage to say that. That's probably why my shower was so long. I went back in the house with a smile on my face, and I couldn't wait until it was Monday, where we had a class together.

~~~

Sunday went by pretty quickly. My mom and I did the usual, went to church, then to breakfast, and I took Guppy out for his morning walk.

Guppy wanted to play ball for a little while, so I sat on the bench and threw his bright, neon yellow tennis ball across the park until he got tired.

After about the tenth time I threw it, he brought the ball back, dropped it at my feet, and laid down with the ball in between his paws.

"Are you ready to go home now?" I asked Guppy.

He looked up at me and recognized the word 'home', so he quickly stood up.

"Okay boy, let's go home." I said with a smile.

I put his tennis ball in my sweatshirt pocket and we started walking home.

On the way, I ran into Chey Mailey.

"Oh, hey Jakie." she said, bringing her straight blonde hair to one side.

"Hey, Chey," I said, trying to avoid as much interaction as possible.

I started walking faster, but that wouldn't stop her.

"So, how have you been?" she said with an fake smile on her face.

"Um, pretty good." I responded. "How are you?" I questioned.

Dang, why did I continue the conversation?

"I'm great! I'm dating Ryan Davis, quarterback of the football team, and yea, that's all."

"Well, that's good. So, I really gotta take Guppy home, see ya." I said to her.

"Aw! I've missed Guppy." She knelt down to pet him, and he kind of turned away.

Good Guppy.

"Okay, I really gotta get going Chey," I said.

"Oh, okay. Bye Jakie!" she said as she hugged me.
Glad that's over. I hate that stupid nickname she calls me.

Guppy and I got home, and I unhooked his brown leather leash from his blue collar. I then walked to the kitchen to fill his metallic silver water bowl, and placed it down next to his dog pad.

"Here boy," I said to Guppy, "drink up!"

He made his way to his water bowl, his bright pink tongue hanging out of his mouth, while he was panting heavily from all of the walking we did.

I then walked up to my room, and plugged my iPhone into the charger, since I only had 16% left. I plopped on my bed and continued the homework I didn't finish yesterday.

I started my homework today at 2:15, and finished, at 6:30.

"Well, there goes my day." I said to myself.

I was being killed from boredom of my homework, then my phone emitted a ring. I walked back over to my dresser, where my phone was charging, and picked it up.

Lindsey: Hey, what's up?

Me: Nothin' much, but alg 2 is literally sucking the life out of me at the moment. You?

Lindsey: That sucks. Haha, get it?I'm bored rn, lol. U didn't do ur hw yesterday?

Me: I had so much that I had to finish the rest today.

Lindsey: Oh. And omgosh, when do I get to see Guppy again?! he's the cutest dog ever!

Me: U can come over whenever u want....deletes what he just typed....he really likes u, u should come over again.

Lindsey: Okay, I will! Ttyl!

Me: Okay, bye

Our short little conversation ended and I got up to go find Guppy.

He was sleeping, curled up in a ball right next to my bed.

"Gup, you want some dinner?"

He immediately opened his eyes and his pointed ears perked up.

"Okay bud, let's go downstairs."

I made my way downstairs, and I washed Guppy's bowl. I then filled it with kibble, and also put some bananas in there too (that was his favorite fruit).

I placed the shiny bowl next to his water bowl and he started eating. I situated myself on the tan leather couch, and turned on the TV to Netflix and started watching.

Lindsey's POV:

"Just text him!" Karra told me.

"Yea! He won't mind. I think he'll like it." Jaymie added.

Leia, Jaymie, Karra, and I were all having a sleepover at Leia's house.

If you were wondering where Leia was in this whole conversation, she was downstairs helping her mom make our 'secret' dessert.

I should have never mentioned that I might have wanted to text Jake. But, I already should have known that they would eventually convince me to text him. And guess what? It worked.

"Ughh, what should I say?!" I said to Karra and Jaymie, since Leia was still downstairs.

"Just say something casual, like Heyy!, but with two y's and an exclamation point." Jaymie said.

"That is too straight-forward, just say Hi," Karra replied. They were making way too big a deal out of this.

Just when she finished her sentence, Leia walked into the room with a tray of delicious looking dessert.

" I have the dessert!" she said. "It's chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream, chocolate pudding, and toffee bits."

"Are you trying to sugar overdose us?" Karra said jokingly.

"It looks so good! My mouth is watering," Jaymie added.

Jaymie was the 'junk-food-junkie'. It surprised me how skinny she was, even though she ate all of that junk food. Probably because she has a fast metabolism.

"Are you guys still talking about what to text to Jake?" Leia asked us.

"Yea, I just don't know what to say!" I said to her.

"Say: Hey, what's up?" she told me.

"That's perfect! Okay," I said while typing it into my phone.

My finger hovered over the bright blue 'Send' button for at least 30 seconds.

Getting fed up with my hesitation, Karra reached over and pushed my thumb down, saying "Oh gosh you take too long!"

"Karra!" I yelled.

"You're welcome." she said to me while smiling.

I rolled my eyes and looked back down at my phone.

The text had sent, and the look of worry and shock was evident on my face.

"Ooo, I can't wait for a reply!!" Leia shouted.

"Calm down, what if he doesn't even reply," I said to her, doubting that he would.

"Think on the bright side," Jaymie said to me.

After a few minutes of waiting, my phone buzzed and lit up. It was from Jake. It read: Nothin' much, but alg 2 is literally sucking the life out of me at the moment. You?

He actually texted back!!

I was screaming and jumping up and down on the inside, but luckily, Leia, Karra, and Jaymie did that for me on their outside.

Our conversation went on for a little longer, and I finally ended it with a Ttyl.

~~~~

For the rest of the night (or until 11:00) we watched movies and ate our dessert. Since we had school tomorrow, sigh, we were all going to car pool with Leia.

I had already brushed my teeth, and everybody was passed out in the dark of Leia's room.

I went to plug in my phone, and it lit up. I checked who it was from: Matt.

It read: Hey Linds, sorry it's late. wondering if you could help me with my english hw, pls lmk.

What?! He wants me to help him with his homework after we were not even talking anymore! The dang nerve of him. Uh, I can't deal with this right now.

I deleted the conversation, and placed my phone down, trying to ignore the text I had just received. Then, I made my way to my spot in the living room, and situated myself on the carpeted floor of the living room. I pulled my blanket over my chest and rested my head on the soft pillow I brought with me.

I slowly felt myself drift away to sleep, even though I was still ticked off from Matt. Luckily, my dreams were about something (or someone) way better.

A/N:

Happy Friday my daisies! Took me a little while to write this chapter, I figured I would add in some characters that might make an appearance in future chapters (wink wink).

I hope a new update every week makes you excited and happy to read the next! Thank you so much for voting and sharing! It means the world to me.

Lastly, thank you for 100 reads! I love you guys so much!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 1.3K 72
"I..." "Stop it!" he shouts, stopping me in mid sentence "I hate you." "B-But why? Why do you hate me?" "Oh! You know the reason." "If I would've...
112K 2.1K 21
"Nobody can find out how wet I make your pussy, Is that what you're saying?" "I don't even know you for gods sake." He laughed, "Maybe not but you wa...
1.8K 111 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
478K 28K 38
"Don't leave, Annie. We can figure this out." I'm begging and just when I think she's going to give in, she turns and starts to walk away. I can feel...