Am I Not Good Enough

By XSeasonX

Maya Duffield's life was just getting worse by the days. her parents are dead, her sister get's kidnapped and... More

Am I Not Good Enough
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 - Part 1
Chapter 17 part 2
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 46 - Part 2
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Chapter 24

2.7K 48 2
By XSeasonX

so there will be alot of switching POV's for the next couple chapters, just to see what goes on in everyones eyes. but anyway i wanted to make a new cover for the book. if anyone makes them or knows anyone who does then please tell me :) so Vote and Comment, enjoy

---------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 24

Dustin’s POV

15 more minutes, the anticipation was killing me inside, I really hope she was holding up. Oh who was I kidding, she was Maya Duffield, nothing broke that girl. I looked nervously ahead, I wish I was going to where they held her, but I guess I was still helping her from here.  I only had 6 men, 5 warriors and the beta, only 7 of us in total and I'm not sure if that’s enough.

I sped down the tracks hoping to get there even faster. “Dustin we don’t want to deal with another cop, we were lucky that the last one was a idiot”. Oh my god, I wasn’t the alphas son for nothing. I could do what I want without the beta yelling at me for it. “whatever I just want to get there then go back to Maya” I replied, I was getting annoyed with him, but we would need the numbers, I have no idea how weak those captive wolfs are. Will they even be able to run back? we can’t carry all 40 of them in this truck.  “I know its your mate at stake here, but there are 40 other wolves at that house who have mates out there too, some who think  they will never see again, you aren’t the only one feeling like that. Those wolves could have been trapped for years, not even counting to killed ones.” Stupid wise beta.

He had a point I guess. “I get what you’re saying but with everything that happened between me and Maya it’s kind of hard not to be there for her.” I admitted. It was eating me up inside, when she left for those two months, I fought myself over her every day. I told myself I didn’t want nor need her. But somewhere in my heart, I wanted to go after her. Ever since she came back she changed me day by day.

“oh look since you pretty much just tripled the speed limit, this turn coming up on your right will be the housing areas. The biggest one is most likely where all the captives are being held” I looked around as I turned in. there was a gate surrounding the area so we couldn’t drive in. there was 4 main houses. “ok there is 7 of us, everyone pair up in twos and check the houses for captives. If your house has them then mind link the others” I ordered as I stepped out of the car. The warriors were with each other and one was with the beta. “what about you” one of them said. “there is only 3 pairs between you guys and four houses, I will go in on my own” I continued walking along the paths. The houses were fairly close to each other, so it shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

“ok go I will take the far right, beta takes far left. Other two you guys take the middle one” I said. I turned around once more, facing them all “and be careful, don’t let them no you’re here right away. Kill whatever threatens your life, remember these people are not innocent.” And with that I turned the corner of my house and walked along the side. everything was dead and dirt, no one was in the backyard or anything. This defiantly was not much of a pack house. even for rouges that was low.

There was a window at the top, captives are most commonly held in the basement so I wanted a first floor break in. but most likely everyone would be there so I couldn’t. I chose the window  on the second floor and started scaling the house. I reached the second floor, while I clung to the bricks sticking out, I punched the window, giving me a bloody hand but enough space to get through. I shuffled through the window. The room was a plain brown with a bed in the corner and some drawers beside it. It had one mirror on the far side and a few pieces of clothing was laid out on the bed. It seemed as if theses rooms were just used for sleeping, the rouges didn’t really have much freedom. No one was in here at the time so I walked over to the bed and saw that it was a plain dark blur t-shirt and a pair of black track pants. That must be what is required to be worn. I stripped off and put those on, maybe I wouldn’t give myself away if I had on these things. It fit a bit small but good enough considering the circumstances.

I marched out of the room, every door beside this one was shut and no one was upstairs, I couldn’t hear voices or anything. That’s kind of weird, even know I have never been in a rouge settlement before I never thought it would be so tightly knitted.

I looked around me and walked down the stairs, so far no one has mind linked yet, so I guess the other houses are like this too ‘ hey guys, anyone in your houses, or at least noise?’ I was to curious to leave it alone. ‘uh yea there is a few people downstairs but they are just sitting on the couches in the same clothes. No noise or anything though.’ Came the beta’s reply. ‘Nope there is no one in mine. I can’t spot anyone. No noise.’  Came the other. ‘Yea there is some people in mine, they’re dressed the same but they don’t talk. They mope around and stuff’ came the last one. That’s weird. I never heard about rouge houses being like this. They were sort of like a meaner more cruel pack. not like a lock down prison. I crept down the stairs  and peeked into the kitchen. There was man in there, wearing the same clothes as me. he looked to be about 30 or so. I walked into the kitchen pretending to be getting some food. I could feel the mans gaze on me the whole time though. “do you know where the bread is?” I asked politely. The others said they wouldn’t speak, so I wanted to find out what exactly this was.

“what is your problem boy? Are you new or something, Don’t talk so loud, and we don’t get bread.” He said in a hushed tone. What? Now I was even more confused. “why are we all dressed the same? And why cant we talk” I was genuinely curious this time. “oh dear god boy, if you don’t smarten up then you will be used for the army. We dress like this to be labelled as Bounders and we cant talk because we are not supposed to speak to each other like this. We have to follow the official’s rules. And I suggest you do unless you want to wind up dead like Trina Goodmen?” ok what the hell is going on  here? What were the rouges running. These obviously aren’t them. they would never be so cautious at scared.

“wait what? What are Bounders? Who are the officials? And who is Trina Goodmen” this was way bigger than I pegged It to be. “boy do you know nothing? Us Bounders are the rouge captives, we bound the line. We do there dirty work. This is one of the better jobs. There is four houses here with Bounders.  5 Bounders in each.  The other 20 are kept in that last house at the back. they are beaten and used. So I suggest you keep your trap shut unless you want to be there. Officials are the wolves running this place. And dear god I can not believe you haven’t heard about Trina Goodmen. She was one of the Army’s. she tried to turn on them during an attack and they cruelly killed her” his voice was quiet and careful.

“wai- he cut me off though “shut your mouth boy!” and with that he walked out the room. There is 40 wolves being held captive. 20 Bounders and I guess they use some for the army and the others are in the fifth house. ‘all of you. The people living in here are bounders. The captives held by rouges. There are 5 in each house. that is only 20 out of 40. There is a fifth house a little way down that hold some more. They are the ones prisoned and beaten. The remainder of them are used for army. Officials are the rouges that run this place. Get your five out of the house now. fine them and meet outside near the car.’ I said quickly. At least they weren’t hurt. If anything the others in the fifth house can ride with me and the 5 warrior and beta can run behind the car. In mid thought I heard the front door snap open and slam shut. A man with heavy footsteps walked in the house. he came into the kitchen and spotted me. he was huge! He had short black hair and he had muscle surrounding his body. “what are you doing here? Why are you not working?” his tone was flat and hard. Oh god… I went at this all wrong.

Chris’s POV

I wanted to be there already, I wanted to hold her and tell her I'm sorry. I want to tell her I didn’t mean any of it. I just had a lot of things on my mind and the more I think about it the more I regret it. Maya’s my best friend, I vowed to protect her. but instead in ended up hurting her more. And almost getting her killed. This is my fault, she wouldn’t have stormed out of the house if I didn’t say those things.  It was all just to much for her. and I know it, Maya is strong but she isn’t any super women.

“dad how much longer” I asked for like the fifth time in the last 10 minutes. “Chris stop asking, I'm doubling the speed limit, we’ll be there in another 15 minutes, if your bored then talk to your brother.” He said impatiently. I know I was a bit annoying right now, but you have to admit I have a good reason right? “dad…… why cant I talk to you” I whined. “because you are talking to me like that. I don’t exactly want to talk to my son, when he’s acting like a 5 year old” I bursted out laughing at his response. He was starting to sound worse than me now. he just shot me a glare and went back to driving “yea real mature dad” I was out of breath by the time I had stopped, I could see the faces of the guards in the back seat were also red from holding in laughter at their alpha.

“Whatever Chris, we’re almost here. We’re going to have to stop the car here and walk the rest of the way, if they see a car pull in we lose the element of surprise and they will automatically attack us.” he said while parking at a random spot in the woods. I hope he remembers where he parks because we’re going to need a quick getaway. “Ok so main goal is to get Maya. Our mission is to kill the alpha and beta if possible. You kill anyone who threatens you and you keep your guard up clear?” everyone’s head nodded before dad started to talk again.

“Remember these guys are trained to kill, they have killed many and I would like to drive back with all of you alive and with me. You are still better than them. Either way, it doesn’t matter if they’re stronger you guys have more technique” he started walking more into the woods with all of us following behind.

My dad stopped all of a sudden. I peered around him to see the ruins. They were huge. Metal and wood was combined to make a big mark, a house kind of. But it was split into different parts and it was ruined. Some parts of it showed signs of war and others showed signs of history. Of course it did, this was where the biggest rouge pack in history got taken down, after they had done a lot of damage to the were world. No need to repeat history. We creeped along the bushes and surveyed our attack land. Things seemed to be in order.

Maya’s POV (some of this happened while the others were driving)

Mike opened the door and peeked out to make sure no one was there “they’re going to be searching the basement, I would rather you stay here since they think I'm in here too.” He said before shutting the door quietly and walking out. I was left alone here now. he didn’t give me a chance to reply. What if they saw him out there and sent another one in here. I'm sure the others wouldn’t give ma fighting chance. They would knock me out then call my dad at the minimum.

I paced around the room; I gripped my dagger tightly in my hand, Ready to throw it at whoever decided to come in the door first. I heard footsteps descending upon the door. I hid behind a crate and aimed the knife directly where a person’s head would be when they first walked in. I made sure not to make myself visible. It had seemed like forever but I'm sure it had only been a minute or so since Mike left. The door opened in a flash, catching me off guard. But then snapped closed quickly “Maya come out it’s just me” Mike’s voice surrounded me as I stood up from my crouch position and walked over to him. “thank god, you scared the hell out of me” I said breathlessly. “so what were you planning on doing, throwing a knife at my head?” he joked as he pointed to my hand which still had the knife tightly in. he was amused but he had no idea how close to the truth he was.

“so did you get it?” I asked, I really wanted my wolf back. “no I didn’t.” he said sarcastically before pulling out a needle with red liquid In it. “is that blood” my face was twisted in disgust. I had to inject myself with someone else’s blood. “yea it is, this blood is from someone who is resistant from the stuff, they are being held captive elsewhere though” he lifted my arm up and pushed the needle into one of my veins. “ok you should have your wolf back in a matter of seconds. The only side effect is that this person’s blood didn’t have resistance on the mind link part. So you still won’t be able to talk to your pack” he explained as I groaned in frustration.  I wanted out of this stupid place! But most of all I wanted my dad dead!

“ok let’s get my death over with” Mike said as he made his way to the door, I made sure when he turned around that he saw my glare. He wasn’t going to die.

We walked out of the carefully “ok come on, we’re going to try and get you out of here clean, but I doubt that will be the case” he sneaked out of the room and ran behind a stray crate somewhere.

“ok so the there is two doors, one leads to the house, which you’ve probably seen. The other one is a death wish. They don’t need guards there. As soon as you step out that door knifes will be flying from all directions, only one person has ever survived that one.” He said pointing in the direction of the door. “yea and who was that” I asked curious of who could have gotten out of that.

“a girl named Mariah Duffield, she was here for a short amount of time and she got out of it. It set off an alarm though and she was heavily guarded. She made it out alive but was then sent out somewhere else to train to become part of the captive army. That is where the bad captives go. They end up fighting for the pack” he explained. But my eyes went wide. Mariah got out of that? Mars? She was here “how long ago was she here” I asked without even looking at him. “Uh about a week ago. She was sent out about 3 days ago though. I wouldn’t hold my breath. Some of them die in training while the others die in battle. There are only ten there right now and she’s one of them” he had no idea did he? He didn’t know that he was also the alphas daughter and she was my sister. Wasn’t the last name a giveaway?

“She’s my sister” I stared deeply into his eyes; it changed from surprise to pity in a matter of seconds. “Oh I'm sorry I really had no idea. I didn’t know the alpha would send away his daughter” he spoke with remorse. I know …. “He never really liked her for some reason. Well that’s what he told me at the café.” I couldn’t help it though. A tear slipped down my cheek. I was so close. Three days and now she might be dead and I won’t know…….. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 122 23
it was a crazy night with crazy people. all of a sudden, all the guys are falling for her, her cousin is dead, her brother is gay, and her life is fa...
885 117 25
A girl living an ordinary life without the ability to foresee the future; suddenly started having a dreams about deaths. And later, the people around...
50.8K 2.2K 62
"Beauty can be a blessing or a...Curse. people who believe in Faith, soulmates and love are really lucky, because it's proves that they dream. They a...
304 4 21
A new boy comes to a new highschool. He is seen as the school's bad boy. Until he meets a girl of his dreams! He soon realizes he is in love her, but...