Forgotten | jjk

By -busanhype

"Don't you remember me?" In which a girl forgets her past and falls in love twice. Alternatively: The story o... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-six

twenty-five

24 3 8
By -busanhype

The sound of plates and utensils clinking against each other filled the kitchen as you pulled a piping hot ready-made pizza out of the oven, topped up with extra cheese, just how Jungkook liked it.

Jungkook hardly ever got mad at you- you guys mostly bantered jokingly- but on the rare occasions that he did, a pizza always did the trick.

At least it did, 90% of the time.

It made your stomach grumble and the insides of your mouth pool with saliva, but you clenched your teeth tightly together, fighting against the hunger pangs thrumming through you, determined not to nibble at it because you'd made it just for Jung-must-have-enough-cheese-to-kill-himself-Kook.

(Seriously, if it weren't for the fact that the man's a gym rat coupled with his amazing metabolism, you'd be able to put him in his place for pinching the rolls of fat on your tummy)

You were in the midst of attempting to gnaw off one of the side pieces of the pepperoni when Geureum whined loudly, nosing in between your slipper clad feet. You set down the plate, sighing as you did so, to pick up Geureum easily in your arms.

It's clear that Geureum hadn't gotten any attention from his dear Jungkookie today, given that Jungkook had disappeared inside his room the moment he'd come home, so the little maltese had obviously decided to settle for a consolation prize aka you.

"I know, I know," You murmured, talking to Geureum despite knowing that he wouldn't be able to reply, "Jungkook hasn't given me any attention either, and it's all my fault."

Geureum woofed, visibly cheered up as he licked up the side of your face enthusiastically, tongue lolling out and paws pointed towards the pizza as if prompting you to go to Jungkook.

You made a face, "Do you think Jungkook will be less angry if you give him the pizza instead?"

"Woof!"

"I'll take that as a yes," You chuckled, bending down to ruffle the pup's head affectionately. You got back up with a sigh, about to bring the pizza to Jungkook
when the kitchen door creaked open softly.

Your back was to the door, but you didn't have to turn to know that it was Jungkook, who'd probably been lured out by the fragrance of freshly baked pizza wafting out from the kitchen.

Jungkook, for one, had always been sensitive to scents, and despite the masculine image he exuded, he had a whole collection of women's scents and vanilla candles stashed away in one of his cabinets.

(He used cologne whenever he went to work, of course, but nothing was going to stop you from attempting to spray his suits with 'Fancy Love')

He nosed around for awhile with his hands tucked in his pockets, as if you weren't there, nonchalantly looking through the cabinets like no one was home.

"I made pizza," You squeaked, whipping around to hold out the plate, "You're hungry, right?"

You could see Jungkook stiffen a little, gaze moving slowly to rest on you, before settling on the pizza. His eyes gleamed a little as he made  his way across the kitchen, crossing in a few short strides until your face was just inches away from his neck, his close proximity to you comforting yet overbearing all at once.

His fingers curled over yours appreciatively as he gently pried the plate from your hands. You gently sucked in a breath at the sudden contact, not sure as to why Jungkook was being like this when he's mad at you.

"Jungkook-"

Jungkook's stoic expression quickly morphed into a teasing one as he ducked down to press a brief peck onto your cheek, before pulling back with his eyes curved into gentle crescents, an easy smile hanging off his lips.

"Thanks for the pizza, sweetheart."

And he turned on his heels to leave almost immediately, leaving you scrambling to hold onto him as your brain short-circuited unhelpfully as always.

"Wai-wait. I'm sorry, Jungkook."

Jungkook turned back, an eyebrow arched handsomely as his cheeks bulged cutely in stark contrast. You could swear that half the pizza was already in his mouth.

"Thought you were... mad," You mumbled, feeling the air around your face heat up as your ears turned a particularly bright shade of red.

A shit-eating grin goaded on Jungkook's lips as he took in your flushed appearance, clearly pleased with himself.

"Was I ever that petty to be mad at you over such a minor thing, [Y/N]?" He teased and took another bite of the pizza, revelling as shock crossed onto your features before proceeding out of the kitchen with a hand in the air.

"The pizza's great, but could do with more sauce," Jungkook hummed, opening his mouth wide to take one last bite of his pizza when it was suddenly snatched out of his hands, and all he could do was gawk as you stuffed it down your mouth defiantly, cheeks bulging out laviciously.

"Hey-"

You placed a finger to his lips, shutting Jungkook up immediately and his eyes widened before he furrowed his eyebrows, watching as you thump at your chest in a bid for the pizza to go down, a pained expression on your face as you immediately regretted your decision to swallow almost half a pizza slice down in one mouth.

Jungkook stared at you for a moment like you were an alien life form, before reaching out slowly to rub (read: hit) your back to try to ease the discomfort.

"Ow," You winced, swatting his hands away from you with a practiced finesse, before trying your best to look your best intimidating as you glared up at him from beneath with chipmunk-like cheeks.

"You don't seem to appreciate my culinary skills, so you're getting none of that pizza."

It's Jungkook's turn to look offended as he drew himself up to his full height, looking a little ridiculous as he puffed out his chest and jutted out his chin, his arms crossed tightly over his broad chest.

"It's rude to eat the food you're giving to someone to appease them," He finished with a shit-eating grin.

"Sweetheart."

"I already apologised though," You whined.

"All I want to know is why you didn't turn up, sweetheart."

"Oh god stop saying sweeheart-"

"Honey," Jungkook hummed sweetly.

You were moments away from committing murder when a more serious expression crossed Jungkook's face.

"Can I know why, [Y/N]?" He repeated once more, and you immediately felt a wave of guilt wash over you, your heart constricting painfully at having to lie to Jungkook.

You wanted to tell him the truth, not wanting to go a moment more where you were torn between both men: Jimin, out of guilt and Jungkook, out of love. But as always, you were a delusional coward who only knew how to hide and only bitter lies left your mouth, coming out like a tape recording.

"Jungyi was taking care of Mickey for Hoseok and she called me over to help her," You said in one go and held your breath, hoping that Jungkook wouldn't see through your lie like he always did.

(He was really good at that too. It was super infuriating)

"You could've called," Jungkook murmured, pulling you into a hug, his warmth comforting.

"Phone ran out of battery."

You relaxed against his body, feeling his hands run comfortingly up and down your back as you rested your head against his chest. It rose and fell softly, his heartbeat thrumming gently enough to soothe you. It was the strangely domestic moments like these which you lived for, and you weren't sure how you'd ever go on for a day without this.

Your breath stuttered, body tensing a little at the thought of Jungkook finding about you and Jimin, Jungkook pushing you away, the look Jungkook would give-

You squeezed your eyes shut, willing yourself to calm down.

You'd think about this later, just not today.

Your arms were about to snake his waist to cling onto him when he abruptly stepped back, and you almost lost your balance in the process.

Your mind didn't register the smug grin on his face.

"Kook what-"

He swiped a thumb covered in marinara sauce from the pizza on your nose, the sauce painting your nose a dull crimson red.

"You look like a clown now," He giggled, and you almost wanted to smack your head against the wall, because Jungkook had a knack of doing stupid things to ruin the mood.

Like the time where you nearly went into the ER for a concussion because Jungkook had wanted to play out his 'Love 911' kissing scene fantasy and in the process, almost hit your head against one of the shelves as he hoisted you by your thighs against him.

"You're being dumb," You retorted, swatting Jungkook's hand away before flouncing into your room.

"You know I'm just joking- don't pout, baby-"

"I'm not, shut up," You yelled back, "I'm frowning."

"Come on, sweetheart-"

"Shut up!"

(unedited)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 8.4K 43
As the only unmarried Jeon and Kim children, your families propose a union to symbolize your unbreakable bond that spans generations. But despite dev...
2.5M 141K 37
«Kim Taehyung helps your boyfriend cheat» au «"You shouldn't be with him!" Taehyung says, chest heaving from screams. "Then who should I be with?" Y...
149K 4.4K 28
( it's cute ,fluff and a little bit sad but you will enjoy , it's happy ending )when the ruthless mafia of Asia is forced to marry you , And he came...
223K 10.6K 33
-We all love that chase.- When both best friend fall for the same person; one gives up and the other one carry on, however it was not the same anymo...