Internal cry

By TheWritingUser

"How long has he been hurting you?" There it is. The question I dreaded, but I promised him I would be honest... More

Speak of the devil and (s)he shall appear...
She's a freak.
Allison
I need you to count with me.
Put your hands on the one's that you swore you loved
If looks could kill...
My favorite color is...
Since we've spoken last
How... could you?
What happened.
He isn't my dad.
"You have no idea who you're messing with."
You intrigue me
What has she done now.
'Been there, done that' list
It hurts you.
I can't afford to be broken.
Cinderella.
Crying doesn't fix anything.
I'm ending it
CΓ‘sate con Γ©l
Daughter-in-law
What I can't have
Danger to who?
Fever
Going back
Behind enemy lines
Mantra of lies
Conseqeunces
Spare him the effort
Certain about one thing.
Discharged
Kella
Normality
A Nightmare
Safety Haven
Unknown Number
Tied in Place
At Gunpoint
One Bullet - One Life
Three Lives Saved
The Next Journey
A/N - 6 September

Like I'm made of paper

16.2K 489 45
By TheWritingUser

Chapter 4

Kane's P.O.V:

"I'm... fine, Kane."

Her soft voice almost whispered. She didn't lift her eyes from the floor and I had to grit my teeth. I knew she was lying but I didn't want to scare her off. I don't know why. She was as normal as high school students get... except for the way she makes staying invisible an art form.

"Get to class," I ordered.

'Shut up!' A part of me scolded.

'Why do you care?' It asked.

I didn't answer.

I didn't have an answer.

Ella lifted her head and her eyes flashed with determination.

"Don't tell me what to do, Kane," she told me, louder this time. My eyes widened and I glared at her. I walked forward and grabbed her arm so she doesn't walk away. She flinched and tried to back into the locker with widened eyes

"Don't speak to me like that," I told her.

Ella pulled away from me and walked towards the exit with stiff shoulders. But she stopped and suddenly turned around. Her head was bent down to the floor and she looked up at me through her dark lashes, she looked like a scared rabbit ready to bolt at a seconds notice. At the same time her shoulders were squared and her mouth was in a thin line, showing a stubborn streak.

"Th-thank you for helping me," she whispered quietly and looked up just long enough to see me nod. Then she looked down again, turned on her heal and ran as fast as her small figure would allow through the door and across the hallway.

I touched my head and almost sank into the locker. Why was I so nervous?

I decided to go to class instead of skipping and walked calmly and slowly towards my English Literature class to regain my racing breath. When I reached the class I didn't knock on the door. I walked in with my hands in my jean pockets. The teacher called after me to stop and the class snickered. I gave the class a glare. They paled and immediately stopped laughing.

I gave the teacher a scowl and he became very pale.

'That's right' the voice in my head said, pleased and I hid a smile. He should know by now not to say anything. I decided not to say anything and to make him wait. That always scared them more.

The teacher swallowed his fear and gave a little cough to hide his panic. I hid my growing smirk at his embarrassment and walked to my desk. I glare at the girl who took my seat and she blushed in distress. She hurriedly picked up her books and moved away from my chair muttering her apologies. I pursed my lips in disapproval and sat down.

The teacher saw the commotion but luckily - for him - he didn't say anything but just continued the lecture. I pulled out my phone and droned out the teacher. I put in my earphones but a tapping on my shoulder made me turn around in annoyance. I was ready to let this idiot have it but it was one of the people in my group.

His name is Hunter and he is a pretty big guy around 6'3. He had black hair and brown eyes. He worked out almost every day and built up a lot of muscle.

"Hey, man," he greeted me. I nodded my greeting.

"Why are you late?" he asked. He wasn't patronizing he was just curious. I shrugged and just said,

"I had to take care of something." He nodded, but didn't look convinced.

"Was it that Allison girl?" he asked in genuine interest and I frowned in disapproval. He held up his hands to show he didn't mean anything and I relaxed. But I stayed quiet and he must've taken it as 'yes'. I would prefer that he thinks that.

He left me alone after that and I put in my earphones.

'Now I've told you this once before

you can't control me

if you try to take me down you're gonna break

I feel you're every nothing that you're doing for me

I'm picking you out of me

you run away

I stand alone'

(I stand alone - Godsmack)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Ella's P.O.V

I rushed into the class and apologized profusely to the teacher. She looked at me skeptically and frowned in disappointment. I lowered my head and she motioned for me to go sit down.

I sat down and hurriedly took out my books and tried to pay attention to the teacher. I took out my pen and started to take notes.

Kane flashed across my mind and I flushed slightly. I didn't know why I thought of him and scolded myself.

'He will break you into tiny pieces.'

I stated.

'Not necessarily.'

My mind tried to convince me.

'Don't you dare think about him.'

I threatened angrily.

You can take everything I have

you can break everything I am

Like I'm made of glass

Like I'm made of paper

Go on and try to tear me down

I will be rising from the ground

Like a skyscraper

My ringtone - Skyscraper - rang loudly across the almost silent classroom. I blushed furiously and quickly tried to find it. When I finally found it I checked who was calling me and Harmony flashed across my phone screen along with a picture of my sister. I didn't hesitate and immediately answered.

"Ella! Ella! I need help! Please help me!" her panicked voice rang through the phone. My heart started racing and I threw my books into my bags.

"Mony, listen to me Mony. It's okay. I'm coming tell me where you are."

I asked her and stormed out of the class throwing the teacher an apologetic look. She yelled at me to come back but I didn't stop and just kept running.

"Ella! I need help! Please help me!" she cried again and I felt my heart skip a beat. I was breaking at the terror in her voice.

"Hold on sweetie, I'm on my way."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 27.1K 50
Arianna has never had a normal life. Her mom died when she was 10 and her father blames her. Ever since the day her mom died her dad has abused her m...
17.3K 1.2K 14
[NOW TRADITIONALLY PUBLISHED WORLDWIDE] "A life of happiness would be hell on earth." β€’ When Grace finally decided to end her life, the last thing sh...
2.2K 179 22
**THE ORIGINAL EMMALINE - BUT WATTPAD TOOK IT DOWN AND REMOVED MY ACCOUNT ** Emmaline Black is no stranger to abuse, or to torture of any kind from h...
237 37 34
Ava is a seventeen year old girl and the daughter of an abusive alcoholic dad and mother who is never home and has neglected her. She gets sent off t...