Project LOKI: Fanfics

By AkoSiIbarra

A collection of fan fiction stories written by readers of the Project LOKI series. More

"A Game Gone Deadly" by SarcasticGrey
"Escapade Gone Wrong" by Stefanie Joy Robante
"Subsisters' Tally" by Cherry Lyn Dente
"Property" by fairymiss28
"Trick or Trick" by duckyyyynne
"Quod Erat Demonstrandum" by dameyy
"Who: Admirer, Kidnapper, Killer" by SwizzleBlue
"The Missing Symbol" by Ashley Concepcion
Christmas Entry #1
Christmas Entry #2
Christmas Entry #3: The Christmas Star's Perpetration
Christmas Entry #4: Santa's Midnight Plea
Christmas Entry #5
Christmas Entry #6: A Christmas Nightmare
Christmas Entry #7
Christmas Entry #8: Multiple Murder Case
Christmas Entry #9: Twelve Days of Christmas
Christmas Entry #10
Christmas Entry #11
Christmas Entry #12: Crimson-Colored Gift
Christmas Entry #13
Christmas Entry #14: The Grandmaster
Christmas Artwork!
[Valentine's] Eight Days
[Valentine's] The Cell Escape
[Valentine's] Behind Curtains
[Valentine's] Scarlet Notebook
"Scratches and Shots" by QueenRitzuuy
"Science and Faith" by SwizzleBlue
"Seven-Eleven" by Kisilence
"Murder in the Market" by QueenRitzuuy
"An Art of Escape" by imhappy20
Something Strange (Part 1) by AkoSiPrayys
Something Strange (Part 2) by AkoSiPrayys
"MENDEZ" by DeadAndBreathing
"The Promethean Alibi" by FadingAzure
"Writing on the Wall" by gelacode
"Playing the Victim" by leighannecg
"Fate to be Reckoned With" by Amihan Alcantara
"Bullets And Butterflies" by Chaimeeeee
Moriarty's Party by psychopathicdreamer
"Twist of Fate" (Part I) by CrystalVernice
"Twist of Fate" (Part II) by CrystalVernice
"Potion" (Part 1) by WhiteRabbitRhea
"Potion" (Part 2) by WhiteRabbitRhea
"Potion" (Part 3) by WhiteRabbitRhea

[Valentine's] Partners in Crime 'till Death Do Us Apart

77.1K 2.6K 4.8K
By AkoSiIbarra

TODAY IS the day that I have waited for. Wearing my white long floral gown, the veil in my head and clutching the bouquet of red roses, I was facing the two huge doors of the parish church where our wedding is held.

My make up is just simple, nothing special for my very special day. I'm wearing a white long, backless, off-shoulder gown personally designed by Mao Cris. It has laced designs and flowers. The upper portion was fitted to my body. The clothing at the back was quite longer than the front, a usual wedding gown. My hair was curled, French braided in circular and there were lose hairs to make it look a bit messy. The hair stylist also placed some small white and red flowers on the braid.

"Lorelei, you look very stunning," I turned my head towards the owner of the voice.

Jamie was smiling widely as she approached. She was wearing her red mermaid style long gown, a bit revealing dress and she wasn't into her usual braid, her hair was into a messy bun.

"Jamie, I'm very glad you came!" I said then smiled back and gave her a quick hug.

"I was tickled pink when I read your wedding invitation. I haven't seen you 'till the cows came home. And I can't miss it! I'm the maid of honor," And she chuckled a bit.

"My wedding was a bit of loose cannon. I wasn't expecting he would propose. We were quite busy with the QED University," I said and held both of her hands with delight.

"Ohh~~~ That's really surprising. He's quite a man, isn't he?"

I just chuckled with her remarks. Jamie some what changed, for the better of coarse.

"I thought you're coming with Alistair? Both of you are engaged as well, right?" I said diverting the topic while giving her a teasing look.

"Yes we are," She sweetly smiled and showed her left hand showing their wedding ring. It was a simple but a surely expensive silver ring with a huge diamond at the top.

"He's been feeling under the weather. He's down in the dumps that he can't come. He sends his regards and best wishes to the both of you. And before I forget, I won't be on the reception because I need to go home immediately," She added.

"He's such a sweet guy. It's going to be fine. Important thing is you're here on my wedding day," I said to cheer her up.

She just smiled, "I guess I have to enter already, I still need to talk to the people inside. Gotta' go~~~ See you later," She finally bid her goodbye and entered the church.

I was left alone again.

It's been 5 years since the last time Al, Jamie, Loki and I got complete. After we graduated in Clark High, each of us had plans for our college lives. Al and Jamie finished collage in different schools while Loki and I studied in the same university. In those 5 years, Loki and I still lived together in tita Martha's apartment.

"Lorelei,"

I turned around and saw him. Wearing his white long sleeves with a black coat paired with black slacks and a red tie.

"Hi dad," I smiled to him.

He hugged me and I hugged him back.

"You look very beautiful just like your mom," He said as he released me from his embrace.

"Thanks dad," I just smiled at him. "Thanks for everything,"

"So, it's really him?" He asked as we both faced the doors of the church.

I just smiled, remembering the momentums of me and Loki. From the first day we met until the numerous times we spent in capturing the culprits, was all unforgettable. "Yeah, it's him dad,"

"No matter how hard the storm the both of you will face, always remember that you're with that man because you're willing to be with him no matter how dangerous it would be. Both of you will experience big and strong waves that will hit your ship but always stay strong and you'll not sink," He said and looked into my eyes.

I nodded and hugged him tight. My eyes are starting to get teary which I'm afraid that it might ruin my make-up. "I'm so glad you're here dad,"

Even if it's not his blood whose running through my veins, I still love him and I'm very thankful he was able to accept me for what and who I am.

"I love you and I'm sure gonna miss you, Lorelei," He said as I let go.

"I love you too dad. We'll visit anytime," I said and smiled at him.

"The ceremony is about to start," He said and we heard the band starting to play their instruments. Dad offered his arm. I gladly took it and we both face the doors.

[NP: Beautiful in White by Westlife]

'Not sure if you know this
But when we first met
I got so nervous I couldn't speak
In that very moment
I found the one and
My life had found it's missing piece'

The doors slowly swung open. Both dad and I entered and slowly walked on the aisle with a red carpet next to my bride's maid, Jamie.

'So as long as I live I love you
Will have and hold you
You look so beautiful in white
And from now 'til my very last breath
This day I'll cherish
You look so beautiful in white
Tonight'

All eyes inside the room is on me. Some familiar faces, some were my batch mates in Clark High and in my other previous high school, my block mates and batch mates in college, dad's business partners and share holders, my relatives, Loki's family except Lucian.

'What we have is timeless
My love is endless
And with this ring I
Say to the world
You're my every reason
You're all that i believe in
With all my heart I mean every word'

They were smiling while murmuring good lucks and best wishes to me. I just smiled and waved at them. I roamed my eyes around. There were red roses' petals on the carpet and there were also bouquets of red roses on every chair. I heard clicks and saw flashed of lights from the photographers.

'So as long as I live I love you
Will have and hold you
You look so beautiful in white
And from now 'til ny very last breath
This day I'll cherish
You look so beautiful in white
Tonight'
'Ooh oh
You look so beautiful in white'
'So beautiful in white
Tonight'

We were already half-way walking on the carpet. And there he was, standing in front with the priest. He was wearing his black coat, beneath it is his white polo paired with black slacks and a red tie. Both of his hands are on his pockets. He wore his usual emotionless face. He's eyes were still the same as before, cold. He was staring blankly at me, never leaving his orbs from mine.

'And if a daughter is what our future hold
I hope she has your eyes
Finds love like you and I did
Yeah, and when she falls in love, we'll let her go
I'll walk her down the aisle
She'll look so beautiful in white'

The closer we got to the altar, the more my heart beats faster. Unlike his face, my chest was filled with lots of emotions that is Greek to me. One thing's for sure, I love this guy in front to me and nothing can change that fact.

'So as long as I live I love you
Will have and hold you
You look so beautiful in white
And from now 'til my very last breath
This day I'll cherish
You look so beautiful in white
Tonight'
'You look so beautiful in white
Tonight'

Finally, we arrived at the altar. Dad held my right hand and transferred it to Loki's.

"Take care of Lorelei, Louis," He said to him.

Loki looked at me in the eye, "She's the culprit who stole my heart. I won't let her get hurt, sir. I'll take care of Lorelei no matter what it takes," And for the first time of the day, Loki smiled as well as he's eyes. Not the creepy smile when he's into solving mysteries, it was a genuine one.

I just smiled back at him and held his hand tighter as a response.

"Glad to know that," Dad said and tapped him at the back then he turned to me and hugged me again.

"See you later dad," I said and let him go. He just nodded and headed toward his seat.

I faced Loki and smiled at him.

He leaned towards me, "You look like a human now," He whispered.

"I was born human Loki," I said with an eyebrow raised.

Again for the first time of the day, Louis Kingsley Mendez chuckled. The real Loki must be abducted by the aliens and replaced with one.

He's face immediatly changed to an emotionless one, "If your thinking this is not me well, get used to it,"

"Was the real Loki abducted by the aliens?" I said mockingly.

"Ehem. Ehem. Are you two just going to chit-chat over there or we'll start the ceremony?"

Both of us turned to the priest whose probably waiting for us to finish our small talk.

"Apparently---"

"Yes! Go on with the ceremony father," I immediately cut him off.

I don't want Loki to be rude in front of a God's servant. I would rather cut him off again and again than receive bad lucks in our married life afterwards due to his rudeness towards the priest. But everything would be worth the risk with Loki.

The priest did some couple of readings. We just seated there silently. Loki was holding my hand the whole time and he glances back at me everytime I move a little.

It is the moment where we will be exchanging our vows. We stood up and face each other.

Loki first took our wedding ring, he held my left hand and looked at me in eye.

"I take you Lorencia Leilanie Rios, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, 'till death do us apart, according to God's holy law and this is my solemn vow," Then he slipped the ring right above my engagement ring on my hand.

It was my turn to recite the vow. I held his left hand and smiled at him as I look into his eyes.

"I take you Louis Kingsley Mendez, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, 'till death do us apart, according to God's holy law and this is my solemn vow," And I slipped the ring in his 4th finger.

"I now announce you husband... and wife. You may kiss the bride,"

The wedding ceremony ended well, so far. Not as if I'm expecting something to happen but I'm a magnet of those kinds of things.

We're currently inside our BMW car, yes this is ours'. And we're heading to our reception venue.

I looked at myself in front of the review mirror. I'm leaning towards Loki whom his head was also leaned above my head while he was holding my hand. We were silent the whole trip but being on his side makes me contented, I feel protected and safe.

We arrived at our reception venue and got out of the car. Loki opened the door of the car and helped me out which he unusually do. I just smile at him as saying thank you, he just nodded as a response.

We both entered the venue and we're welcomed by the red and white themed spacious room. The lights were very colorful. The tables and chairs were in touch with the color of the theme. There are red roses every where. The people were dancing with the music played by the live band, some were eating and others are talking. The waiters were walking back and fort. They're all having fun.

Loki dragged me which made me walk a bit faster than normal. I have to carry a portion of my gown so that I can catch up with him.

"What's with the rush Loki?" I asked.

"I'm hungry," He said and continued dragging me forward. In front is where our seat is located. When we finally got there he instantly called the waiter and asked for our food.

We ate silently as I watched some couples dancing on the dance floor. The food was delicious. It was actually Loki's choice. Every single detail of our wedding was Loki's choice, the food and the theme. Well, except for my wedding gown.

By the time we were still planning for this wedding, Loki was never absent. He was always there, with me.

After eating, Loki offered his hand for a dance and I took it as I smiled at him. A new song was played by the band, I'll Be.

[NP: I'll Be by Edwin McCain]

'The strangs in your eyes, they color them wonderful
Stop me from stealin' breath
Emeralds from mountains, they thrust towards the sky
Never revealing their depth'

We walked towards the center in the pairs of couples, they made way for us to pass.

'Tell me that we belong together
Dress it up with the trappings of love
I'll be captivated, I'll hang from your lips
Instead of the gallows or heartache that hang from above'

"You look awfully beautiful today, wife," He said and placed his hands around my waist.

'And I'll be your crying shoulder
I'll be love's suicide
And I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life

"I don't really know if I'll be glad with the word 'beautiful' or get irritated with the word 'awfully'," I said as I placed my arms around his neck.

I leaned my head towards this chest and I heard his heart beating fast. And we started swaying with the music's slow pace. He chuckled.

'And rain falls angry on the tin roof
As we lie awake in my bed
You're my survivor, you're my living proof
My love is alive and not dead'

We continued to dance and I felt my heart under my chest beat faster hearing the word 'wife' for the first time.

'Tell me that we that we belong together
Dress it up with the trappings of love
I'll be captivated, I'll hang from your lips
Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above
And I'll be your crying shoulder
I'll be love's suicide
And I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life'

"Wife," he called.

'I've dropped out, burned up
And fought my way back from the dead
I've tuned in and tuned on
And remember the thing that you said'

"Hmmm," I just closed my eyes and listen to his heart beat.

"I have a gift for you," He said out off the blue. We stopped from dancing and I let go of him as he took out a small red box from his pocket. "This is my first and hopefully not the last gift I'll be giving you," And he handed me the box.

'And I'll be your crying shoulder
I'll be love's suicide
And I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life'

I gladly took it and opened the box. Inside it was a shiny silver necklace with a key pendant. I felt really glad seeing it. I removed it from the box and starred at the it, I saw my name engraved on the right side of the key pendant. The pendant also has different colors of gems.

"It's really nice Loki, thank you," I said a little bit teary eyed.

'And I'll be your crying shoulder'

I know it's a kind of childish to act like this but I can't really help it. I was really happy, I'm over joy. I want us to stay like this 'till the end, just like we're boyfriend and girlfriend. May the spark stay 'till our hair turns titanium white.

'I'll be love's suicide'

"I'm glad you like it," Then he smiled. "Do you mind if---" He just grabbed the necklace from me and leaned closer to me to place it on my neck. Yeah, instead of asking it nicely from me. Loki is always Loki. He wants things on his way.

'And I'll be better when I'm older'

But whatever he is, he will always be that guy I'll be loving 'till the end. I just hugged him and he did as well. We stayed like that for a while and danced like that position 'till the song changed to a new one.

'I'll be the greatest fan of your life, the greatest fan of your life.

The greatest fan of your life'

After a couple of songs, we decided to sit back to our chair. We drank some water and ate some of the desserts offered by the waiter.

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~"

My attention was instantly diverted to the sound I heard. Loki did as well. The people inside were in panic and at the state of shock. Looks like my wedding day won't be that peaceful, is it? I glanced at Loki and he was actually looking at me as well.

Loki hurriedly stood up leaving me behind. I immediately followed him towards the comfort room of the venue. The sound must have came from there.

"Ouch!" I hissed.

I was just right behind Loki when he stopped walking fast and I bumped myself at his hard back.

He turned towards me, "Are you okay, wife?" He asked with a serious face and tone, the usual him.

"Y-yeah. Yes, I'm fine," I answered.

"I shouldn't have left you behind like that, I'm sorry. Just like my vow, for better, for worse I should be with you wherever you are," He said looking at me in the eye.

I felt my heart abnormally beat fast, again. I just smiled at him. I'm out of words to say.

"So," He grabbed my hand, "Let's face this together, shall we wife? And let's walk faster than normal," He asked with a smile in his eyes. How beautiful they look. Just like the sun shining from the east.

I chuckled with his last remarks, "Yeah, let's go," Oh~ Loki, you're making me fall over and over again.

Together we walked fast towards the commotion. People were crowded at the entrance of the ladies comfort room. We saw Inspector Estrada placing police-line-do-not-cross outside the room.

"Mr. and Mrs. Mendez," He said when he saw us. "Congratulations. And looks like this is gonna be the first case both of you will be solving as a married couple at the exact date of your wedding day," He said and shake his head sideward's disappointedly.

He gave us a pair of latex gloves and we wore it.

"The body is still inside, untouched. I warned the police not to touch it unless both of you are done with your own investigations. I already secured the venue. Nobody will be able to leave, the culprit might still be enjoying the party," He continued.

"Good. So, where was the girl who first saw the body?" Loki asked.

"She's with her parents. Her name is Melanie Guzman, 14 years old, will get her under the custody and for a check-up to make her recover trauma. She's still young for these things," Inspector Estrada answered. "She's the sister of the one who got killed,"

Inspector Estrada was still wearing his black long sleeved polo paired with a red tie and a coat. He was invited in our wedding and now he--- Or we ended up investigating a murder crime scene.

"Interesting," Loki said with a crooked smile, the creepy smile he flashes when his fascinated with what he sees, hears and discovers.

"And it looked like the victim left us a clue of her killer," The inspector said.

When the comfort room was opened, we saw a lifeless body sitting by the very end of the comfort room. The comfort room has 4 cubicles at the right and a huge mirror at the left side. Her white above the knee dress was soaked with her own blood. As we got closer, I was able to see that she has 3 stabs at the abdomen, 1 at the left arm and 1 at her chest. 5 knife stabs in total. And according to it's size, the culprit used a Swiss knife, probably.

I was careful not to stain my gown with the blood on the floor. You can still see blood oozing out from her wound. The tiled floor where she was sitting was also filled with crimson color. But there was something very disturbing, her left forefinger was dipped with blood and there were letters on her left side, BEA

A clue? Is that her killer? Could be.

This scenario is not new to me. In the past years, I have seen a lot of brutal murdered corpses, inside the campus and outside. But it's just so sad that a young lady was murdered bathing with her own blood and stabbed many times, still young.

"Indeed. She left a clue to us for her killer," Loki said.

"Her name is Mailene Guzman, 26 years old. the eldest sister of Melanie. Both of them are the daughters of the owner of your reception venue that's why there here. They made sure everything was doing well," Inspector Estrada said and placed his hands at his back.

Loki kneeled one of his knee and stared at the letters intently, "When was she last seen alive?"

"According to her sister Melanie, she was last seen alive 1:06 in the afternoon. She left their table when she received a message from her boyfriend saying he's outside the venue. She left to pick him up. Mailene didn't came back but his boyfriend went to their table because according to him, Mailene asked him to go ahead of her because she had to go to the comfort room," Inspector Estrada said.

"But she never came back so Melanie volunteered to go after her sister Mailene instead of Carlos, not expecting to see her dead," He said and glanced back at the dead body.

"The killer must be a woman. Men are not allowed to get inside a ladies comfort room," I said and looked at Mailene's dead body. "Is there any CCTV cameras installed near the comfort room or the hallway getting here?"

"Sad to say but the CCTV cameras are only on the holding room of the event. Besides, you'll be talking personally with her boyfriend later and some of our primary suspects," Inspector Estrada said and took out his notepad. "I'll just leave both of you here and I'll talk to her family. I'll calm the people down," He said and left us with the corpse.

Loki is looking back and fort at the corpse and the letters. He took a couple of pictures of them. I wonder what those letters stands for. I left him and checked the cubicles. The first one close to her was open and there was nothing suspicious inside. The second and the third one was also open and I saw nothing helpful and suspicious.

The fourth cubicle near the entrance was closed which is quite unusual unless someone is using it. When I opened it, I saw something.

"Loki, you should see this," I said and glanced at him.

He immediately stood up and walked towards me. I let him see what's inside and he smiled.

"Very good wife, now let's go talk to those who were last seen with her and some of the primary suspects," He said and held my hand, we both exited the comfort room.

We saw Inspector Estrada outside talking to some of the police. When he saw us he headed towards our way and the other police entered the comfort room. The people were asked to continue the celebration without us and the police assured that there is nothing to worry about because everything is fine.

"Primary suspects?" Loki asked as we got closer to the inspector.

"You'll be talking with Venice Mae Go, daughter of a business partner of your dad, they knew each other because she's a classmate of her before and also an ex-girlfriend of her boyfriend. She entered the comfort room so probably they saw each other. Beatris Elisse Alonzo, her best friend. She entered the comfort room 3 minutes after Venice. She's also a daughter of one of your dad's business partner. Elle Ariana Quezon her assistant and her cousin. The one who helped her in preparing this event," Inspector Estrada read his notepad, "They're the possible suspects,"

"Where are they?" I asked and tucked a lose hair behind my ear. My gown is a bit heavy and disturbing.

"They're at the table with some of the police asking their alibis. And Mailene's boyfriend is also there," The inspector pointed the table few meters from us.

There are three young ladies, a young man and a police writing their statements on a notepad. "Mailene's mother asked us not to talk to Melanie anymore. She was shivering with fear when we asked her to elaborate what she saw," He added as we approached the table.

Inspector Estrada asked the police to leave us with the primary suspects. Their hands are above the table.

The first girl has a has blonde hair, shoulder length. She's quite small for her mature appearance. Her make-up is ruined from crying. She's wearing a red simple dress. She must be Beatris, Mailene's best friend.

I sat on a chair in front of them and Loki did as well. Inspector Estrada sat on a chair beside Loki.

The second girl has a jet black hair, curled by the ends. Her eyes are bit reddish from crying. She's wearing a flesh colored dress. She looked pretty. I guess she's Elle.

The third girl has a ginger colored hair, shoulder length. He looked so evil. Her eyebrows are almost meeting each other. I guess she's the ex-girlfriend, Venice. and the fact that she's beside her ex must have made her make face.

The guy beside her is Mailene's boyfriend. He looked good, decent and young. He's wearing a white polo. He looked so down and he was trying not to cry in front of us.

"Congratulations but do I really have to be here?" Venice said raising one of her eyebrows.

"Yes Miss Visa, you're one our primary suspects," Loki answered. Like the usual, remembering their names would mean misspell to him.

"What? It's Venice," She said and rolled her eyes at him.

"Whatever. So, where were you at exactly before you heard Mailene was dead?" Loki asked and placed both of his hands on the table.

"I went to the ladies comfort room to retouch my make-up. Mailene came out from a cubicle so I decided to leave when I saw her. I never wanted to see a man whore," She said and rolled her eyes, again.

"Venice, my girlfriend is not man whore. You should respect her and my decision of leaving," Mailene's boyfriend blurt out. Venice just shut her mouth and knitted her eyebrows.

"Loki, this is Carlos Uy, Mailene's boyfriend," Said the inspector.

"How about you Betty?" Loki asked to her bestfriend.

"B-Beatris actually, I-I en-entered the comfort room when I saw Venice left. I knew Mailene was there I was afraid she did something to her. I saw she was fine. M-My phone rang, my mom was calling me so I told her I'll go ahead of her. B-but---" Then she burst into tears. "I... I-I s-shouldn't h-have l--l-left h-her a-a-alone," Then she cried even harder.

"Don't be such an actress Bea, we all know you love Carlos as well. Your name was the one written' by Mailene before she died. You're the one who killed her, stabbed her," Venice said and crossed her arms.

"I-I... s-s-swear... I-I d-d-didn't. I-I-I c-c-can't k-k-kill h-her," Then she cried again.

"You," Loki pointed to Elle, "What were you doing, Elena?"

"I was looking for Miss Mailene because there was a problem with the staff. I was holding some of the papers bills to show her when I entered the comfort room," She answered. Then she wiped her tears. "I haven't seen her so I thought she already left,"

"How about you Carlos? What was the last words she said before she left?" I asked him.

"She told me to go ahead of her because she needs to go to the comfort room. I did so," He answered trying his best not to cry.

"Is there any reason you want her dead?" Loki asked and held both of his hands together.

"I actually want her dead but it would be better if karma does it," Venice said rolling her eyes.

"I-I-I n-never want her dead. Y-Yeah, w-we fight b-but I s-still want h-her with m-me. I-Im happy f-f-for t-the both o-of them," Then she looked at Carlos the sobbed,

"I don't want her to die. If I only knew I shouldn't left her go by herself," Carlos answered.

"She's such a nice person, she's my cousin. She's the reason why I have his job. There no reason I want her dead," Elle said. *Ring*Ring*Ring*Ring*

"Ohh. Excuse me for a minute. I just have to answer this," She permitted.

"It's fine, we're done. You may go," I said.

She stood up and left our table. The other two girls left and Carlos as well. Loki, me and the inspector are left in table.

"Loki, I'll go to the crime scene and see the investigators. See me when you already know who it is," Loki just nodded and I smiled at the inspector then he left our table.

I felt Loki's hand above my left hand, "Who do think wife?" Loki asked me. I just glance back to our primary suspects who are heading to the comfort room.

"Louis, Lorelei," I turned my head towards the owner of the voice.

It's dad heading towards the table. "Are the both of you okay?" He asked.

"We're fine dad, how about you?" I asked as he gave me a quick hug.

"I'm fine too. How's the investigation?" He asked and tapped Loki at the shoulder,

"We already figured it out sir," Loki answered.

"Oh that's great. Lorelei, how about you change to something comfortable? There's a room behind the stage where your dress was placed. You can change there and retouch a bit," Dad said. "While I talk to Louis alone," He added.

I glanced at Loki. He looked at me as if saying go ahead, I'll be fine.

"Okay, I'll be back right away," I stood up and walked pass the people. Some were saying congratulations. Too bad I wasn't able to entertain them 'cause I was quite busy with what happened lately. And besides, I;m not a party-go'er

When I arrived, I locked the door and took off my wedding gown and changed into a simple white dress. I fixed my hair a little and put a bit of make-up. I looked at myself in the mirror, I touched the necklace Loki gave me. I hope I'll become a good wife to him and to our future family. I gave out a sigh and went out the room.

I saw Loki on his polo already. They're talking sincerely. We'll be confronting the killer. And I know Loki and I have the same suspect in mind.

"Lorelei is here dad, we have to confront the culprit already, I'll get back to you soon," Loki permitted.

I smiled at dad and he just nodded.

"Let's go wife?" He offered his hand and I gladly took it. We headed towards the comfort room. Inspector Estrada told us that it should take place there so that we will be able to explain it clearly.

The ladies comfort room was still closed for the users and is still guarded by the police to make sure no one will interfere the investigation.

When we entered, the body was no longer there but replaced with a mannequin. The primary suspects are already here. Beatris, Elle and Venice are sitting on the chairs provided. Beatris already stopped crying but her eyes are swollen, Elle was just silent while Venice was scrolling over her phone. There were couple of police inside and inspector Estrada as well.

"Loki, Lorelei," the Inspector called, "So, who among these three ladies killed the victim?" he asked.

Loki looked at me before returning his gaze to the suspects. Then he answered, "The killer is definitely not Betty nor Visa. The culprit was," He pointed towards Elle's direction.

Her eyes are widened hearing the accusation. Loki and I definitely had the same suspect.

"That's a quite hoax, I haven't seen her!" She protested, "I didn't kill her! It's Bea who did! She left her note!"

"I-I d-din't k-kill h-her!!!" Beatris protested.

"Ohh stupid humans," Venice rolled her eyes, "Let them explain,"

"Listen young ladies, the note Mailene left doesn't mean Bea as Beatris. If you write the capitalized letters 'BEA' to it's small letters you will get 'bea'. And if you turn 'bea' upside-down you will get 'eaq' which perfectly stand for---"

"Elle Ariana Quezon," I finished. He might misspell it again.

"H-how??" She looked very shocked. I guess she wasn't expecting Mailene would do such a tricky-trick.

"Brilliant, isn't it? Instead of 'eaq' she used 'BEA' because she knew you will comeback, check if she's really dead and see if the victim left any clue of you. She was still alive when you decided to leave which gave her a chance to write. When you checked, you saw 'BEA' instead of your initials. Then Beatris came to the picture. You thought she will be the one accused instead of you. But actually she meant you," Loki explained.

"And if the officers mentioned to you, Mailene was stabbed once at the left arm. When we asked your alibi moments ago, you wiped your tears using your right hand while the other are left handed. Normally if you face a person, your right will be facing the persons' left," He added. "Crocodile tears," He whispered.

"If I'm really the killer, you should have seen the murder weapon with me but you didn't," She saidas if challenging Loki.

"Tell her what she did wife," Loki looked at me and waited for my answer.

"After stabbing her 5 times, you almost left with the murder weapon on your hand. It was too late when you realized so you turned back then entered the first cubicle, which was your mistake. And because your clumsy, the murder weapon fell off your hand. The knife stained the floor and the bowl. You flushed the murder weapon and wiped the stain using the underneath portion of your dress," I explained.

"I saw the stain on your dress when you stood up to answer a prank call I gave you," Loki answered. "I got your number from the police,"

"You lied in your alibi, you said you haven't seen her but you actually did," I added.

"I-I---I can't believe it, you killed her? Y-Your h-her cousin! S-she, she even g-gave y-you a j-job!" Beatris burst into tears again. "Did you know that she loves you so much! You're a sister to her! How could you!" Beatris raised her voice.

"Okay, can I go now?" Venice said but the police made her sit back.

"You killed her because you know you'll be managing her business once she dies, you know Melanie is still young and she can't manage it and her parents are always outside the country. They already trust you so they will make you handle it. Every single centavo of the business' profit will all go to your hands, am I right Elena?" Loki said.

I faced-palm, It's Elle, Loki. Not Elena. Ohh dear husband.

"And if we will look closely to what happened, you were the last person seen when Mailene was still alive. It's so obvious that your the one who killed her. Even without the clue even by Mailene," I added. "Even though you lied about your alibi,"

Elle burst into tears and claimed that she's guilty. And Loki was right with the reason behind killing her cousin. She regretted what she did and she knew she can't be forgiven. The officers placed handcuffs to her and got her to the police car. Mailene's family thanked us for bringing justice to their daughter. They really got broken when they knew it was Elle who killed her. Who would have thought, right? They trusted her and even treated her as their family member. But in exchange to that was what she did. It's very disaponting. The person you trusted the most was also the same person who broke that trust.

Loki and I secretly left our reception. It's like were running away, together. We are currently driving, heading somewhere. He's the one who drove because he knew I can't. His right hand was holding mine, right hand on the car's wheel while his eyes are fixed on the road. Loki stopped driving and parked our car on the side of the road. He opened the door for me and helped me out.

He held my hand tighter as we walked up a hill. It's already 6:00 and the sun is setting. We sat on the fence and watched the sun set, together. The sky was in various colors, orange, red, yellow and a touch of light blue which was also reflected by the vast ocean.

"This is way more beautiful to see with you wife," Loki said and I leaned my head on his shoulder while I was looking ahead.

"I love you Loki," I said and looked at him in the eye. His face looks so nice by the setting color of the sun.

"I love you more than you ever know, Lori," He said while looking at me in the eye. He tucked a lose hair behind my ear.

He leaned forward and kissed my forehead then he placed his arm around me and made me closer to him while not letting go my hand.

I feel so protected.

I feel so safe.

I feel so important.

I feel very much LOVED... by Louis Kingsley Mendez.

My Partner in Crime 'till Death Do Us Apart...

_____ 16 Years Later ______

3rd Person's P.O.V.

The noisy room instantly became silent when a new comer entered. She scanned the whole room and tried not to do something stupid in front. She tried to calm her nerves down. All eyes were on her. Some are whispering and some are looking at her with raised eyebrows.

"Introduce yourself Miss," Said the lady with a pair of glasses worn on her eye, the teacher of the class. She looked at her and returned her gaze to the individuals on front.

She cleared her throat, "Hi. I'm Rhylei Andria Mendez, you can call me Ran. I'm pleased to meet each one of you---"

The lights turned out.

And then lights on again.

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~"

###

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 8.2K 71
"The crazy thing about a fire is that it devours everything..." Detective Nico Yukishito and Detective Briannova Carlos found themselves tangled up a...
Psycho next door By bambi

Mystery / Thriller

4.3M 203K 51
Cosima Sanctuary is a one of a kind safe house for teenage survivors, but when they realize that one of them is a psychopath, all hell breaks loose...
24.7M 1.1M 123
The third and final volume of Project LOKI. Join Lorelei, Loki, Jamie, and Alistair as they bring down Moriarty's organization. Looking for VOLUME1...
17.5M 655K 66
So she tasted the deep pain that is reserved only for the strong. Crimes. Clues. Mysteries. Deductions. Detective Files (File 3) Written by Shinichi...