Stranger Not So Danger

By rosegolden_

"When I first met you, you were a complete stranger. But through time, I thought I really started to get to k... More

Chapter 1 ~ An Unlikely Encounter
Chapter 2 ~ Fish Face
Chapter 3 ~ Texting Buddies
Chapter 4 ~ Friends
Chapter 5 ~ The Perfect Date: Dinner...
Chapter 7 ~ Better Than I Expected
Chapter 8 ~ Old Friends
Chapter 9 ~ Said too Soon...
Chapter 10 ~ Playing With Feelings
Chapter 11 ~ Some Explaining To Do
Chapter 12 ~ Diner Date
Chapter 13 ~ Just Like Animals
Chapter 14 ~ Doggie Duty
Chapter 15 ~ Home
Chapter 16 ~ Prepping
Chapter 17 ~ Will You Be...
Chapter 18 ~ Nervous
Chapter 19 ~ Surprise!
Chapter 20 ~ Survivor
Chapter 21 ~ Not Lucky, Blessed
Chapter 22 ~ Only You
Chapter 23 ~ Half a Winner
Chapter 24 ~ Thank You
Chapter 25 ~ Volunteer
Chapter 26 ~ Trust
Chapter 27 ~ Misconceptions
Chapter 28 ~ Heartbroken
Chapter 29 ~ Silence
Chapter 30 ~ Talking Through the Pain
Chapter 31 ~ I Hope You Remember
Chapter 32 ~ I'm Okay
Chapter 33 ~ Finally
Chapter 34 ~ Good & Bad
Chapter 35 ~ Decisions
Chapter 36 ~ Ready?
Chapter 37 ~ You're My Inspiration
Chapter 38 ~ New Beginnings
New Book!

Chapter 6 ~ ...and a Movie

6.6K 197 32
By rosegolden_

"Our time together is just never quite enough." -My Dear Valentine

~~~~~~

Jake's POV:

"Your dog is so cute!" Lindsey said to me.

"Haha, thanks," I said to her.

"He's only a puppy, but he's still pretty big," I added.

"Yea, but he is super sweet." Lindsey replied.

"So, you wanna be a vet?" I questioned.

"Yea. I've wanted to be one since I was five. I guess I've just always had a sweet spot for animals." she replied.

"What do you wanna be?" she asked me, genuinely interested in the conversation.

"Well, I don't really know yet."

"That's okay, you still have time to decide," she responded as we arrived to our destination.

As we pulled up to the movie theater parking lot, I got out of the truck and opened Lindsey's door for her.

She thanked me and we walked into the line to buy the tickets.

"Two tickets for A Dog's Purpose at 8:15 please." I told the worker on the other side of the glass.

"Your total will be sixteen dollars please," the lady told me.

"You two are so cute," she said with a big smile while handing me the tickets.

"Actually.."

"Thanks." I said, cutting off what Lindsey had to say and bringing her into a side arm hug.

I saw Lindsey had a small smile on her face as I took the tickets and we walked into the theater.

As we walked into the snack line, Lindsey wanted popcorn and candy, so I bought her some.

"Do you want a drink?" I asked her.

"We can share one, if you don't mind," she responded.

"Yea, sure. What do you want?" I questioned.

"Umm, orange soda?" she asked.

"Sounds good," I told her.

I paid for the drink and gave her the cup so she could fill it.

"Where's the jalapeños?" Lindsey asked me.

"Um, over there." I said after looking around to find the little bowl filled with jalapeños.

She walked over to grab some and came back to me.
"You like those things?" I questioned.

"Yup, I love spicy foods," she said while popping one into her mouth.

"Why, can you handle it?" she said to me.

" 'Course I can," I said to her.

"Okay, then eat one." she said, offering the box closer to me so that I could take one of those spicy little devils.

I hated spicy foods. I just couldn't handle my mouth being on fire, just for a piece of food.

I grabbed one and placed it into my mouth. It started to enflame my tongue, then quickly spread to my entire mouth.

"Hand me the soda, please..." I said to Lindsey.

But, she started cracking up when I said that. I took a big gulp of the soda to wash all that fire, oh, I mean jalapeño, out of my mouth.

"Jake, the star basketball player, taken down by a jalapeño." Lindsey said, kind of making it seem like an actual title, while also waving her hand in the air.

"Are you ready to go in or not." I said to her.

She nodded (while still giggling at me) and we made our way to the man that checks your tickets.

I handed the tickets to him and he took off the stub.

"Theater two," he said to us.

"Thank you!" Lindsey replied.

"Where do you wanna sit?" I asked Lindsey.

"Um, the middle section maybe?" she said.

"Okay, go for it," I responded.

We sat down, got ourselves situated, and put the food down. Lindsey handed me the drink to put in the cup holder, and I gave her the popcorn and the jalapeños.

Every so often throughout the movie I'd see her pop one of them into her mouth. And when she did, she'd look at me and smirk.

The movie was going to start in a few minutes.

"Man, it's cold in here," Lindsey mentioned.

"You wanna borrow my jacket?" I asked.

"Can I? Thanks," she responded.

I gave her my black jacket, and it looked like she was drowning in it, which was cute.

I let out a little chuckle, and the movie began to roll.

~~~

Lindsey's POV

He let me use his jacket! He's so nice! Don't tell me I'm falling for him.

He's a star high school basketball player, but had a great personality, which I didn't expect. But, just two problems. We weren't on a real date, and I was wayy out of his league, him being more popular than me.

I started crying halfway into the movie.

All of a sudden, I felt Jake's arm around me, and he kept saying, "It's okay, it's just a movie." to me.

It made me feel a lot better. I gave him a small smile and continued to watch the movie.

At the ending, my eyes were full of tears, and Jake handed me a napkin to wipe my red cheeks soaked with tears.

He made it look like he didn't cry, but I swear he teared up a little.

"I liked it, it was good movie." Jake told me as we were walking back to his truck.

"Yea, it really was. I thought guys don't really care that much for sappy movies." I said to him.

"They're not my favorite, but I do have a heart," he said with his hand on his chest.

I chuckled as he opened the truck door for me.

Our ride home was pretty quiet, just occasional small talk here and there.

He pulled up to the front of my house and he unlocked the door.

"This was the best fake date I've ever been on." I mentioned.

He smiled at me.

"Who said it wasn't real?" he responded. I felt myself blush a little.

"Okay, my mom is waiting for me, I should go." I told him.

"Okay, bye Linds," he told me as I walked up my driveway.

I liked how he didn't push me too far. It was a quality I rarely saw in teenage guys.

I unlocked the front door and closed it quietly. It was already 10:20, and I didn't know if my mom was sleeping yet. To my surprise, she was sitting at the dining room table reading a book.

"Hi honey, how was your date?" she asked me.

I smiled at her, "One of the best ever."

"That's great. I really like Jake and his mom, they are both very kind," she responded.

"Yup, they're the best." I replied. "I'm going to get ready for bed now," I told her.

"Okay honey, have a good night."

I took off my makeup (which luckily was not ruined from all the crying since my mascara was waterproof), went in the shower, and put on pajamas.

I plugged my phone into the charger and went to Oovoo Karra, Leia, and Jaymie. Leia had already told Jaymie about what happened so I wouldn't have to repeat my story a third time.

"Hey Linds, what's up?" Jaymie said.

"What's up? OMG how was your date?!" Karra replied.

"Calm down, Karra," I laughed while saying.

"It was good, we went to watch A Dog's Purpose and I basically cried my eyes out." I responded.

"He took you to a sappy movie? Not an action movie?" replied Leia.

"Yea, why?" I asked her.

"I don't know, don't guys usually like action movies?" she responded.

"Yea, but he took me to something I wanted to watch."

"Aww! That's so sweet!" Karra said.

"Yea, super cute," Jaymie hinted.

We talked for about 15 minutes more and then hung up. I put my phone on my dresser next to my bed, and pulled my white comforter and blue and purple fuzzy blanket up to my chest, which was the focus and inspiration for the theme of my room.

I went to sleep thinking, and feeling a little sad that tomorrow was Sunday, and I didn't get to see Jake.

Why was I feeling this way?

A/N:

Hello my beautiful, wonderful daisies!! This chapter is on the shorter side because I was going to have chapter 5 and 6 be together, but it would be a little long. Hope you liked it. Mahalo!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 255 20
Caden grabs both of Lilly's hands, pulls them close to him, and says, "Lilly, please stop saying that. It's not your fault Caleb's a jerk who likes t...
512K 15.8K 49
"Kara, you're my best friend right?" "Umm yeah?" "You'd do anything for me, right?" "As long as it doesn't involve 10 years in prison, yeah." "Be my...
3.3K 96 24
I swallow nervously looking away from him "I have them for you." He says quietly. "Have what?" I say lowly, wanting to hear him say it the same way h...
3.7K 401 56
"Why do you always avoid my questions?" "I'm not, it's just that there's nothing to say. Who would ever want to date someone they can't even talk to...