The Billionaire's Revenge

By ShafiraSardar

Jade knows the only reason he is helping her is to get revenge on her father. Her father getting arrested was... More

Losing everything
Meeting Mark Bennet
Done deal
Happiest man alive
Real marriage
The competition
The woman in red
Tea lights
Mark's reluctance
Organized crime
Change of heart
Distraction
Falling for you
Trust
Insanity
His number
The unknown
Heartbreaking news
Unforgivable actions
Balance
Getting there
Distance
Let me love you
Acknowledgement

Our family

13.6K 643 18
By ShafiraSardar

Jade was having dinner with her husband at their regular restaurant, enjoying small talk like how things were at the office and what she had been doing all day. It was their quiet time alone while being out. She enjoyed it, especially since her nosy mother didn't mingle herself into their conversation. She still didn't talk to Camilla, mainly because she was done with all the gossip and meddling of other people. Her marriage with Mark was her business and everyone else had no say whatsoever. It was hard on Camilla, she could tell. But she wouldn't let the woman push her over. This time she'd be stronger and she didn't have to do it alone. Mark would be right beside her, holding her hand and encouraging her when she felt like crumbling down.
Jade reached for her glass of water and sipped from it, ignoring the amused look her husband flashed her. Not wanting him to enjoy the situation that much she kicked him under the table, pretending not to notice a thing when he bowed his head and rubbed his leg to ease the pain.

"Seriously?" He asked annoyed.

She feigned surprise, "What?"

Straightening in his seat he narrowed his eyes on her, "You're supposed to be more mature than that Jade, especially now."

"Now?" She asked, "For now it's still just the two of us." She reminded him.

His eyes glistered amusingly, "Just a few months, they will fly by, trust me."

Jade placed her glass down and eyed the dessert the waitress placed in front of her. A chocolate cake with whip cream. It looked delicious and she couldn't wait to dig in. Reaching for her fork she was about to take a bite, but froze mid bite when Scott appeared at their table, grinning at them.

"If it isn't my favorite couple."

Jade rolled her eyes, "You ruined the moment."

"You wanted some alone time with your cake?" Scott asked amused.

She didn't find it funny since she actually did wanted to have a private moment with her cake. Ignoring Scott she heard him chuckle, finding the entire thing even funnier. Mark across her shifted in his seat and shifted his attention to his friend.

"What's wrong?"

Scott flickered his eyes to Mark and straightened up, "Nothing, why do you always assume something is wrong when we run into each other?" Scott folded his arms across his chest, causing his jacket to tighten around his arms, "Do you distrust everyone in your life?"

Mark reached for his glass of wine and sipped it, "Not everyone." He gestured to Jade with his glass, "She is the one person in my life who I'd turn my back to without fearing for my life."

She smiled, but didn't mingle in Mark's conversation with his friend. Instead she focused on eating her cake without looking like she didn't eat for days.

"Whatever." Scott smiled, "I'm actually meeting someone as well. Just came over to say hello to the lovely Jade here. I couldn't give a fuck about you."

Jade laughed and ignored the glare she and Scott received, "You're on a date?"

"No, having dinner with someone from my hometown." Scott pointed nonchalantly to his table, "Anyway, have a goodnight Jade."

As Scott walked back to his table Jade met her husband's gaze and had to press her lips together so she wouldn't burst out in laughter. Mark looked adorable when he was pouting. She knew he wouldn't let Scott get away with teasing him like that. He was planning something already and she had a feeling Scott didn't want to find out how Mark would retaliate.

"Come on, he was just messing with you. We both know Scott loves you."

"I know he'd never go there, but I hate how familiar you two are with each other."

She raised an eyebrow at her husband, not quite understanding what was going on, "Are you seriously jealous of your friend? You know Scott treats me like a sister rather than someone who he'd like to fuck."

Mark's lips twitched, but she could tell he was refusing to smile. He wanted to get his point across without making it sound like he was joking. She couldn't take him seriously though, not when it concerned Scott. They would definitely never go there.

"Jade."

She narrowed her eyes on him, "Mark, you know it's true." She placed her hand on her stomach, "I know in the back of your mind you're always remembering my words from the other day. But seeing we're building on our future it's now an empty threat."

He reached across the table and held her hand in his, "Love you."

Smiling she glanced at their hands, "Love you too."

***

Mark drove them to their new house, it was odd not living in the penthouse anymore, but Jade knew it was necessary for them to move. Beside her Mark noticed the look in her eyes and placed his hand on her thigh, reassuring her.

"This change is good."

She agreed, "You're right, our family is expanding. The change is good."

"I assure you the company I hired took care of everything, you don't even have to lift a finger. Everything is unpacked and put in the right place."

"I know." She smiled at him, "She sent me pictures yesterday."

Mark gave her thigh a squeeze and then placed both hands on the wheel again. Lately he was being more cautious than usual, the news of her being pregnant made him even more of a control freak. She didn't mind though, she knew there was nothing she could do or say to change his behavior. For now she just had to accept the situation.

"We're here." Mark parked the car in front of the house and helped her climb out.

She walked past him and walked up the steps, her eyes glued to the front door. She had the keys in her bag, but she didn't have to search for them. Mark appeared beside her and opened the door, letting her enter first.

"Why don't you take a look around, get settled in while I do some grocery shopping."

She turned to look at her husband, "Right, you're doing the cooking tonight. Should I be worried?"

"If you continue teasing me like that you should be worried." He warned her.

His eyes darkening told her what he was thinking about. If she guessed correctly she should tease him some more to get spoiled later. It was like Mark read her mind because he laughed, shook his head at her and stepped forward, pressing a firm kiss to her lips.

As he pulled away he brushed his thumb over her lower lip, "Cute." He whispered, "If you want to play all you need to do is ask."

She gave his shoulder a slight shove, not hard enough to move him but to get the message across, "You should hurry. Shouldn't keep your wife waiting, she needs to be fed soon."

Mark kissed her once more and then left to do some grocery shopping. While he was away she walked around the house, admiring every single room. It turned out great and it already felt like home. She went to the kitchen to make herself some hot chocolate and curled up on the couch while watching a movie. Mark arrived back home forty minutes later and settled in the kitchen to prepare dinner. She was curious, but remained seated on the couch. She didn't want to invade his space, also she knew it was best not to make him anxious. She longed for a decent meal.

"You need a refill?"

She nearly fell off the couch and glared at her husband for suddenly appearing out of thin air, "You need to stop doing that!" She warned him, "Why are you always sneaking around the house?'

"Didn't mean to scare you." He eyed her empty cup, "Another hot chocolate?"

She smiled and handed him her cup, "Thanks. How is dinner coming along?"

"Just put the tray in the oven, we need to wait forty minutes." He brushed his fingers through her locks, "Put on another movie." He suggested.

She chose a comedy, needing something light to keep the mood good between them. They had lasagna with a green salad on the side. She was pleasantly surprised when she took the first bite. It was delicious, almost as good as Betty's cooking.

"I'll miss Betty." She mumbled.

Mark placed his empty plate on the table in front of them and then settled back on the couch, wrapping his arm around her shoulders and pulling her to his side.

"I'll miss her too." He kissed her hair, "But we could always meet up with her in the city. She mentioned she wanted to stay in touch with us."

Jade was about to get up to clean up when Mark pulled her back down on the couch, "I'm just going to put away the dirty dishes."

"No, you can go freshen up while I clean up."

"Mark, being pregnant doesn't mean I suddenly can't move around anymore."

"I know, but today I wanted to spoil you." He got to his feet and collected their dirty plates, "Starting tomorrow you're the new Betty." He joked.

"Oh, are you going to treat me like the housekeeper?" She got up and placed her hands on her hips, "Because I'm not okay with that." She couldn't keep a straight face and laughed when Mark's lips pulled up to a smirk, "I'm going to take a shower." She announced and then walked up the stairs toward the master bedroom.

Jade took a quick shower and put on her comfy PJ's. While she crawled into bed Mark took a shower. She wanted to wait up for her husband and make him keep his promise to her. However the minute her head settled on her pillow she drifted away. Not even noticing when Mark settled beside her, wrapped an arm around her waist and spooned her from behind.

***

"Here is your coffee." Jade gestured to the mug sitting on the island counter, "It's a long way to the office, do you want a travel mug as well?"

Mark was surprised to see her up and doing ten things at once. She let him take her in, she knew he was trying to see if he should preach to her or not about getting some rest and taking care of herself. He stopped himself from speaking up when he came to the conclusion that she was fine. Smiling she stepped to her husband, placed her hands on his neatly pressed navy suit and stood on her toes to kiss him. He kissed her back and then walked around her to grab his mug.

"I'd love a travel mug too."

She got right on it and pushed a plate with scrambled eggs and toast toward him, "Breakfast."

"Thanks." He grabbed the plate and stepped out the kitchen to head to the living room.

Jade followed after him and settled with him on the couch, "While you're going to the office I'm going to rearrange some things." She leaned closer to Mark who raised an eyebrow at her for behaving out of character this morning, "I'd like a car of my own though. Today I'm stuck here because the stores in this town aren't around the corner."

"Yes, I'm sorry. Should have thought about that." Mark sipped from his coffee, "We'll look into that when I get back, okay? I'll take tomorrow off, we'll settle it then."

Leaning in she pressed a kiss to his cheek, "Don't threaten too many people or get in trouble with other mob bosses. Also don't turn your back to Scott, no matter how nice he is he'll hurt you when he gets the chance." She got to her feet, "I'm starting with our closet so have a safe trip and I'll see you tonight. I'm thinking meatballs with pasta."

Mark grabbed her by her wrist when she was about to walk away, made her sit back on the couch beside him and kissed her temple, "You storming into my office was the best thing that ever happened to me. I'm glad my wife is a stubborn woman who speaks her mind no matter who she is facing. You're amazing, Jade."

She gave his shoulder a slight shove, "Don't be that way, I like confident Mark better." She got up, her eyes still locked with his, "We're a family. Like I've said many times before, I'll stick beside you no matter what happens. We'll be there for each other through the good and the bad."

She turned around and walked to the stairs hearing Mark call after her how much he loved her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

329 43 31
17 year old Blair diamond is the perfect daughter. Or that's what her mother wants her to be. Blair is her mothers puppet and does exactly what her m...
8.4M 280K 41
"This was suppose to be easy, nobody was suppose to get hurt". Twenty year old Ivory Santana was what most people would call friendly and caring...
11.4K 136 30
She is out to make the person who made her father suffer pay and she's not alone in making that person suffer.