Kingdom Gone

By Saint_1

A young smuggler must escort a girl with extraordinary abilities across the Ten Kingdoms, while her power hun... More

-
PART ONE
GENESIS
THE OLD OBSERVATORY
COWS COME HOME
TRAIN TROUBLES
OLD FRIENDS
SPY SWATTER
SALT AND PEPPERED
LEAP OF FAITH
THE EARLY BIRD
BAD OMENS
ARCADIA
SUMMONS
THE WRATH OF CHANG
THE COUNCIL OF ELDERS
WAX ON
PLAYING HERO
FIGHT OF THE CENTURY
FUSE
TAKE BACK THE NIGHT
ONE MAN ARMY
GOOD BOY
THE BOY WHO CRIED WOLF
DEPARTURE
NIGHTCRAWLER
TRAINING DAY
WANDA'S BURGERS
THE BLIND AVENGER
JAKKAR'S RETURN
PART TWO
INTO THE WOODS
THE SECOND NUKE
CYBORG SAM
THE OFFER
WAX OFF
EXODUS
IT CAME FROM LAKE LAKE
PAYING RESPECTS
CAPTURED
THE GOVERNOR
PRISON BREAK
SUBWAY SANDS
PART THREE
CITY TRAPPED IN TIME
THE COALITION
WEBBED
FT. SERVER
THE PAST'S PRESENT
THE FINAL LESSON
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
THE END
NOTHING LEFT TO LIVE FOR
ANSWERS
DISTRESS
LIGHTS OUT
THE LIFT
REVELATION

FOREIGN RELATIONS

19 0 0
By Saint_1

Nathan walked across the tarmac, the wind kicked up from the HoloJet's engines flapping his coat tails.

"He nearly killed his doctor when he told him he had to stay in bed for a few more days." The voice in his bluetooth earpiece told him. "As soon as he got back on his feet, Jakkar ordered us to get in touch with our contacts in the Sixth Kingdom, and-"

"Don't bother. I called an old friend who lives in an old fishing town on the border of the Seventh Kingdom. It's one of the only ways to get into the Kingdom without using the Holotrams, and he said he saw a young man and a girl matching Circe's description pass through just a few hours ago."

The young mercenary on the line stammered. "T-that's not much to go-"

"It's enough." Nathan said, stopping next to the open door of the aircraft, looking up at the orange afternoon sky. "I don't know this Smuggler's final destination, but he needs help to get there. That's why he's heading to El Refugio de Piedra."

"How do you know he's heading there, sir?"

"There's a vigilante that resides there. She calls herself The Blind Avenger, and exhibits similar fighting patterns to the Smuggler. It's a long shot, but that is why I am heading there to talk with the King of the Seventh Kingdom, to offer help to bring her in. That will give my task force jurisdiction there, and hopefully the opportunity to capture this Jason Landing."

Nathan tapped his device, ending the call, and sighed. He slowly walked to the edge of the landing pad and gazed across his marble kingdom spread below. The orange-yellow light from the setting sun reflected off the white stone buildings, as if it was all on fire.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

163 18 10
Eight students. A lonely bridge on a dark night. When their school bus careens off the bridge and crashes into the river, they are lucky just to surv...
53 7 31
On a fine day a plane took off with six mysterious people and they were yet to be told where the final destination was. Ryan on the other hand, who g...
1.5K 66 33
After a series of devastating terrorist attacks a girl is abducted and trained to be a spy while her father, a marine, looks for her with a military...
909 135 27
An original science-fiction telling about when five teenagers were given abilities and were summoned by a secret organization to help retrieve the Kh...