That Life

By AllstarBeatzMarie

Gay romance novel: At 21 years old, Xavier has found himself as a person just there in a gang. Xavier used t... More

That Life
2 - Carton of Cigarettes
3 - Drink! Drink! Oh shit!
4 - Timothy
5 - Why are you crying, Nathan?
6 - Cute and Cozy
7 - A Run
8 - Series of Events
9 - The Start of Something
10 - Customers
11 - All because of Butter Chicken
12 - Hotboxed
13 - Get Dessert
14 - Meeting the Family
15 -Trust
16 - Secrets
17 - Escorted
18 - Remand
19 - Remand 2.0
20 - Barber Shop
21 - Dinner&Jobs
22 - Loosing It
23 - Visiting
24 - Heartbreak and heated
25 - Relationship 101
26 - Happy Birthday, Timothy
27 - Going out
28 - Surprise, surprise
29 - Everybody has two sides
30 - Rachelle
31 - All mine
32 - Us
33 - Too much
34 - One more night
36 - We'll be all night
37 - Painkillers and appologies
38 - Our life

35 - Coping

996 71 4
By AllstarBeatzMarie

Sorry for the shortness... I'm hoping this is like two pages. I'll try and update quicker because I think I know how I want this to go... It might be pretty long, loool.

Timothy

Who would've thought that things would get so hard.

A month later Xavier, and I were still broken up, and living under the same roof. It was hard because he was always there especially when I didn't want him too. The only plus side that has come out of that month, was that I was able to track down Paxton's ex-girlfriend, and convince her to visit him, again, and I was able to see Asher.

It was weird because Asher and I barely talked before, but during our visit I got to know him a little bit, and it felt really good to know that I had another friend that I could talk to. Also, I got a job at the café Xavier bought me coffees at multiple times. I took on as many shifts as I could, so I could start paying Xavier off, and every time I did give him money, he would just slip it into a savings account. I started looking for a small apartment too.

"Timothy?" Snapping out of random day dreaming, I smiled sheepishly at Daniel when I just noticed him in the door of my room. "We are going to eat with Anita now, alright?" My heart clenched, and I could only muster a nod. "Are you sure you will be OK alone?"

A lump rose in my throat, so I cleared my throat. "Yah, I'll be fine." No, I wouldn't. I've seen the pictures of his baby at three months, and to say that they up set me was an understatement. I didn't think something could hurt that bad. If felt like my heart was ripped from my chest, and the wound stayed open, as I watched Xavier slam a shovel over, and over the muscle.

I felt used, and irrelevant. Was that how every relationship of mine was going to go? People will get tired of me, then soon leave me for something better?

Withholding a sob, I turned my head from Daniel, and just waved him off. "I'm fine." I choked out. "Please just go." Not moving until I heard my door shut, I moved so I was laying on the bed, and pulled my legs to my chest, allowing my tears to spill from my eyes. "I can't wait until I'm out of this house, and out of his life." I mumbled lamely. All I wanted was someone to love me. What was I thinking, though. Xavier could? I mean, he was perfect. He had the life I wanted; a family to love me, siblings, a mother, a father, and friends that loved, and accepted me.

"Timothy, we are going to go now, I just came to bring you... Timothy?" Recognizing the voice immediately, I held my breath. "Nathan helped pick this out for you this afternoon." Xavier walked up to my bed, placing something beside my head.

Wiping my eyes, I lifted myself from the ball, looking towards two long objects, posters, that laid beside me. "What are they?"

"Nathan picked out The Marvels, and I picked out Superman."

I smiled softly, picking up the two rolls. "Thanks..." I trailed off, brows furrowing at the three slips of papers. "What are these?" I picked them up carefully in my hands, my eyes grazing over the bolded white letters. "No." I said, dropping them. "I... I'm sorry Xavier, but no. I'm not ready for that." Xavier frowned, and guilt consumed me. It was when he walked the rest of the way into my room, though, that I walked over to the chair in the corner, leaning the posters on them.

 "It's not for just us. Nathan wanted to go see Superman too... Remember how before you said you wanted to see it?"

I shook my head. "It's probably out of theatres now."

"I'll ask Nathan?" I shook my head, opened my mouth to respond, but Xavier cut in. "Please, do this for Nathan. He can sit in the middle, and I won't even come near you."

Dropping my eyes to the floor, I shrugged. As long as it was for Nathan, I wouldn't mind going. "I'll see when I'm off next."

A grin slipped on his face, and he nodded. "Of course. Even if it is later, around seven, that is fine, because I don't get off work until six, or seven anyway."

Nodding, I reached up to scratch behind my ear. "Alright... You better get going now, though."

As if only realizing he nodded. "Shit. I practically forgot. Listen, I'll order you something and take it home." I opened my mouth to decline, but Xavier held up his hand. "Not something I am giving you choice about." Walking to my bedroom door, he nodded at me, before leaving me, again, in silence, and this time I wasn't interrupted until a couple hours later when Xavier came back in the room, but this time with a white foam box.

"Xaiver," I sighed, pulling my blanket up the my legs. "I told you I didn't want anything." Sitting up, I closed my book, and stared at him dully.

"Xavier, I told you I didn't want anything." Xavier mimicked, dropping the container on my legs. "Shut up, and eat, because I'm sure you didn't eat anything since we left."

"I'm not hungry."

Xavier nodded, moving my legs over to sit. "So I have noticed." He mumbled. "You have gotten really skinny. I thought you would gain a bunch of weight when you got out of Remand."

I scowled at him. "I'm sorry that things seemed to have gotten worse when I got out of Remand, which you would know nothing about."

Xavier's brows furrowed in confusion. "What are you talking about? Things have gotten worse, and I know nothing about? How do I know nothing about things getting worse? In case you don't know my life isn't going s'well either."

"And why is that? Because you are having a baby?" I scoffed. "What a lame excuse. You have nine months to get ready for a baby, and--"

"Is this what this is about? You're jealous I'm having a baby with someone else?" My throat tightened, and it was like he didn't even know what he was saying, until it came out; that wasn't an excuse, though. "Wait, Timothy." Pushing the blankets covering my legs aside, not sparing a glance at the food that fell to the floor, I rushed around to the door. "Timothy," he sighed. "I didn't mean it like th--"

Spinning around, I pulled my hand back, slapping him in the face. "I can't believe you would even say that to me." I whimpered, watching as Xavier cupped his cheek. "You think I'm jealous you are having a baby?" I asked. "Are you fucking stupid? How many times did your mother drop you as a child? I'm not jealous, Xavier. I'm hurt. I'm hurt because the person I love can't tell me that he was having a baby when he first found out. I'm hurt because you're playing me off like I meant nothing to you! I love you, Xavier!" I screamed, pushing at his chest. "I loved you, and now you... I quit using, and sleeping around because of you!"

Tears leaked down my cheeks, but I couldn't find it in me to stop, or wipe them away.

"Timothy... I'm sorry."

Scoffing, I looked to the side where I hung Nathan's poster, then down to where Xavier's was. "Being sorry won't heal the wounds you gave me."

Xavier tilted his head to the side like a confused puppy, before they widened, and he snatched my hands, flipping my palms up the look at my wrists, before dropping to the floor to look at my thighs, before pulling down my boxers, leaving me completely exposed to him, before spreading my legs apart to look at each of my thighs.

"Timothy!" Xavier hissed, his fingers brushing along my skin. He looked hurt, sad, confused... His whole facial expression fell. "When did you do this?"

Pushing at his shoulders, I stumbled back, pulling my underwear. "Don't touch me."

"Timothy, you... Those can get seriously infected. You can't do that." My bottom lip quivered, and I shook my head. I can do that, but I shouldn't. "Please, Timothy. I love you, and that wasn't a lie."

"Leave, now."

Xavier stood, his head shaking. "I'm not leaving now. How am I supposed to know you're not..." He sputtered lamely for a second. "How am I supposed to know you're not fucking yourself over. How am I supposed to know you're not hurting yourself?"

"Its none of your business." Seizing my arm, he pulled my against him, wrapping his arms around me so tightly I couldn't move. Tears dripped from my eyes, and no matter how hard I struggled to get away from him, he wouldn't bulge. "Let me go, Xavier. We're done. We're through. So let me go."

"We are not."

"We discussed this a month ago, and we both agreed that it would be better for us not to be together... Because..." My sentence trailed off, and I erupted into a fit of sobs, and unattractive dry heaving.

"I don't give a fuck. I'm not leaving you alone at times like this. Harming yourself isn't good, Timothy. I don't know how it feels, but I know that the life long scarring that it makes isn't worth it." But it helps, kind of. "I swear to the fricken stars; if you don't stop this, every time you get another, I'll add two on myself."

I opened my mouth to protest, but Xavier pushed my head into his chest, smoothing down my hair.

"This isn't how you deal with this."

I shook my head, before inhaling deeply.

Well, this is how I'm Coping.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9M 500K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
3.9M 159K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
52.9M 1.3M 70
after a prank gone terribly wrong, hayden jones is sent across country to caldwell academy, a school for the bitchy, the dangerous and the rebellious...
226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...