The Ex Chronicles

By aylabyusumats

Hana used to be a rebellious teenager who only wants to be independent. Upon looking for a place to stay, she... More

1: Hana and the Two-Storey
2: The Catch
3: Family
4: THE CONFESSION
5: Mix Signals (Formely A BFF's Kiss)
6: Arnold vs. Timmy
7: Hero's Role In Our Date
9: Carpe Diem!
10: 25 Minutes
11: Skeletons in My Closet
12: THE ROLE OF HIS GIRLFRIEND
13: Choices
14: Dylan's Role in All These
15: Reconciliation

8: Pull and Push

117 0 0
By aylabyusumats

I haven't addressed my feelings with Arnold and here I am trying to date another guy again. Of all people, here I am going out with Arnold's archenemy and also one of my childhood crushes.
Despite all that, I didn't want to sound eager or even excited for this date. To be honest, I'm still wrapping my mind around all these. How did he end up becoming my brother's best friend. How he eventually chose to show up outside our house. How I agreed to go on a date with him out of the blue.

I was giving Timmy short answers and awkward pauses because I was trying to decipher if he was pulling a prank. I was bracing myself for a chaotic night.

I was expecting that we would bicker the whole drive but surprisingly, none of that happened. Logically, he wouldn't be rude since he set up this date. I guess, I was just cautious because my past experiences with him weren't so pleasant.

His first attempt of a date was a deceiving invitation of a networking scheme in hopes that I could be an investor. I was lovestruck then, but I wasn't that stupid to fall for that scam. I stopped talking to him since then.

Who knew that he will become a successful businessman, right? And since he's already a successful entrepreneur, he could date anyone he likes. Why would he go back and choose me? He has Hero to thank this time. If not for my brother, I wouldn't agree to go out with him. My protective brother must have his own reasons for letting Timmy to be a part of my life again.

***

As Timmy drops me off from our date, he opened the doors for me and walked me to my house. 

"I had a great time."

"Me too."

"Before I forget, I have something to ask you."

"What is it?"

"Can I get your number?"

Should I give him my number?

"Isn't this just a favor my brother or Enyah asked you to do?"

"No. It's actually, the other way around."

"What do you mean?"

"I asked Hero for this."

"Why?"

"Because I should have done this sooner."

"You had chances, Timmy. But each time I tried to trust you, you always end up making fun of me, using me or flaking on me."

"Is it impossible for me to change over the years?"

"It's possible."

"Has Brenth hurt you this much?"

"What does Brenth have to do with this?"

"You have put your walls up."

"You don't know what you are talking about."

"I'm sorry."

"What are you doing here, Timmy? Aren't you supposed to be engaged with Corinne dela Vega?"

"Yes." Suddenly, Timmy changed his tone. "How did you know?"

"You're all over social media. You're fiancée is in the cover of every magazine. The papers are talking about your business merger..."

"Why did you agree to go on a date with me?"

"Riding the Lexus was fun and having the restaurant to ourselves was romantic."

"And making Arnold jealous is a bonus?" he teased.

I wasn't making Arnold jealous. Well, it wasn't my intention any way.

"That wasn't on purpose."

"But it was effective."

I was wondering why he said that when Arnold opened the gate.

"You can invite him over so you can talk more comfortably." He said.

"Nah, I'm just walking her to the gate."

I smiled after realizing what Arnold meant.

"Right. ... Before you go, can you hand me your phone?" I asked Timmy.

I rang my phone as soon as he handed me his phone.

"Have a safe trip." Arnold told Timmy.

"Thanks." Timmy replied and called out to me. "Good night, Hana."

"Good night." Arnold and I replied in unison.

***

"How was your date?"

"It was not what I expected but it turned out fine."

"I'm glad to see you in one piece."

"Thanks." I smiled at him. "Sorry for the trouble."

"Don't mention it."

I freshened up and lay on my bed recounting what had transpired today.

My dates with Brenth and Arnold really pales in comparison with how flashy this date has been. It was comfortable, surreal, and exciting. But what makes a date fun was the company that I have regardless of where we are or how we got there.

To be fair with Brenth, he was still living off his parents' money then. Now that he's a doctor, I guess he could plan better dates for us. Arnold on the other hand has never officially asked me for a date. I just considered our casual trips outside as dates because that's the closest thing that I can call as far as dates are concerned.

***

My brother, Hero, drove me to work the next morning. While on our way to work, I filled him in what happened to my date with Timmy.

"Your foolproof background check failed." I told him.

"Did it really fail?" He asked.

"Who in their right minds would agree to be used just to make someone else jealous?"

"Timmy!"

"I knew it!"

"If we're being honest here, I didn't expect you to really go out with him.".

"Why?"

"I thought you would bicker all night and walk out. I remember how much of a hard time Timmy gave you when you were kids and ..."

"Did you really think that everything will be so chaotic that we wouldn't have character development after sixteen years?" I asked exasperatedly.

He nodded.

"Wow!"

"What?"

"You invited Arnold's archenemy in our house and expected me to be the one to have a chaotic evening."

"It slipped my mind!"

"You can make a better excuse than that."

"I was only doing a favor for Timmy and I totally forgot that they used to be rivals in school."

"Why would you enable an engaged man to date another woman?"

"Well, technically, he's not yet engaged."

"Technicalities and all, he is still going to be betrothed to someone else. If I wasn't careful enough, don't you think it would only harm Timmy's business?"

"To be fair, I wasn't really thinking that you and Timmy will push through."

"If I let them make a scene, our neighbors will call the cops and we both knew that we can't let that happen."

"I'm sorry, sis."

"Sorry won't just cut it."

"Why not?"

"I gave him my number."

"Wow. Why?"

"Because he's not yet engaged."

"Who's this brave girl inside the car?"

***

I was surprised to see Timmy outside my office.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"Let me drive you home." He offered.

"Why?" I asked again.

"Because I'm here and you don't have a ride."

"You don't have to." I declined.

"Does Ms. Dela Vega know that you're this persistent? For someone who's soon to be married, you are really something."

"I'm not yet engaged. How long are you going to push me away?"

"When you have finally given up."

"Is that why you don't respond to my calls or texts? Why did you give me your number if you aren't interested?"

"I don't know."

"We don't have much time for this."

"Just because the sands of time are working against your favor doesn't mean that I should let you play with me again."

"How many times should I prove to you that I am serious."

"Serious on what?"

"I want to get to know you before I lose my freedom."

"Why choose me? I am just an ordinary person. I don't belong to your scene."

"I chose you because you are the one I like. I want to get to know you because I don't want to regret not doing anything when I still had the chance."

***

And like the stupid fool that I am, I agreed to let him drive me home.

I wanted this. It would be hypocritical for me not to admit that I'm enjoying this chase. I also would like to admit that riding the Lexus is really comfortable.

It was just funny how he let me order drive thru fastfood in his car. He knew that he would regret that the next morning but that's the price he gets to pay for being with me.

We casually caught up with each other. I was on edge in the beginning because I've lost faith in him. Add his engagement to that and it really hindered me to trust him again.

I let him break down my walls after that night. I found myself constantly texting and calling him. I would occasionally get gifts from him when he comes home from his business trips. Things that he doesn't need to do but I just accept.

I've been looking forward to seeing him and going on dates with him. At this point, I know that I am getting used to being around him.

When I'm made aware of this, I try my best to tell myself that this is just temporary. That it's probably something I'd regret. I just need to enjoy the ride for now because he's still a bachelor.

Until were just days a way from his engagement...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 36.1K 96
STORY 3 If he was a tornado, she was a hurricane. The problem was though, they both loved the feel of the rain.
136K 4.8K 26
First time for everything. Right?
9.2K 424 29
He allowed his darkness to consume him so much, that he lived in his own depressed state of mind. He did a lot of awful things in the name of melan...
362K 8.1K 50
She was a kook by association, and he wanted to change that.