The Blacksmiths Apprentice (N...

By HiddenShadowx

Highest Ranking #193 in Historical Fiction. Lulu is a princess, coming from the royal family of Britain. She'... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
No More!

Chapter 12

45 16 9
By HiddenShadowx

Lulus P.O.V

I skipped down the hallway heading towards the ballroom. The day after tomorrow was the ball and everything had to be set up nicely. The colour theme was gold and silver. I had gotten my dress measurements done. Today I just had to try on the dress and see if I liked it. I had an idea of it and it seemed like a good dress from the descriptions I heard.

I heard demands and chatter being placed around the ballroom as I entered. People were gossiping and talking and some were telling others what to do. I walked into the middle of the space and looked around at everyone. The slaves were cleaning the floor and the cooks were creating recipes. The dress designers were creating dresses and the musical band were practising they're music.

I smiled and knew this was my home. I twirled around the middle of the floor and let my hair fall free with the wind I was creating. Some people stopped to stare at me, probably wondering if the princess was out of her mind but I couldn't mind less, and some just ignored me and continued walking.

I kept twirling until I bumped over something and before I hit the floor I was caught by 2 hands. Two strong beautiful arms I've grown familiar to. I turned around and saw Trent's face creased with worry. I smiled at him and rubbed his face as if it would calm him down. He seemed to find it funny and started laughing. His laugh was beautiful. So carefree and happy. I wish my family could be like that. But it isn't and I don't think it will ever be the same again.

Trent noticed my concentrated face and he started to worry.

"Are you ok, your highness"

"Yes, I'm perfectly fine"

I put on a real smile and pulled his arm out onto the dance floor. I wouldn't let my parents ruin my day. I grabbed Trent and placed one of my hands in his and the other on his higher back.

"What are you doing, your highness. I can't be seen dancing with you, yet alone talking to you!" Trent whisper screamed.

I narrowed my eyes at him and placed his hands where they were supposed to go.

"I am the princess and I can do most anything I want. If I wish to dance I can. And for all those people who gossips, they shall just have to deal with the consequences."

Trent smiles again and starts dancing with me. The music band notices me and starts playing a song. I haven't heard of this song before but it was fun.

People stopped to stare and most of their mouths were hung low and agape. I giggled and soon the dance ended. I bent down on my knees trying to catch my breath. Trent thought I looked funny and started laughing. People started spreading things about Trent and me. I didn't mind that they were talking about me but the fact that they were talking about Trent turned me off.

I stomped onto the stage with everyone's eyes on me. Slowly the chatter died down as people noticed what I was doing. I cleared my throat before saying

"This man is my friend and if anyone of up you have any 'problems' about it you can come up to me and speak to me directly. If I hear any more inappropriate hating a coming out of your mouth about Trent, there will be consequences."

With that I walked off the stage and headed to Trnet. I grabbed his arm and walked towards the tailors room.

"You are coming with me to get my dress fitted." His eyes widened at the realisation of being around girly things. He shook his head and started walking backwards holding his hands in front of him as if his hands were gonna prevent him from going. I raised my eyebrow and smirked. He wasn't getting away with it this time.

I grabbed his arm yet again and dragged him to the room despite his protests. He might think he's stronger but I've been taking self defence lessons since I was a child. When we get to the door I pluck out the key for the door and walk in. I throw Trent across the room, lightly to make sure he's on the other side but not hurt, then quickly lock the door and place the key in my bra.

I'm sure he wouldn't dare try and take it out. He looks where I put it and grunts. I smiled my victory and walk towards the tailor, Christy.

-          -           -            -            -            -              -             -             -           -           -           -  
Trent's P.O.V

I grunt and lie down on the sofa. Which guy would want to sit here and be surrounded by dresses and glitter and all these other things I can't even name. I pick up a vogue magazine and flip through it. I honestly have nothing better to do while waiting for the princess. I smile at the thought of the princess calling us friends. I kind of assumed it but when she confirmed it I was beyond happy.

Sighing I dropped the magazine and stood up. I started taking a look at the dresses splayed out on the table and designs plastered on the wall. One dress caught my eye and I picked it up. It was red and sequinned from the top and it sprays out into red layers.

I find it interesting and turn my head to make sure no ones around then I pick it up and place it against my body. I look in the mirror and move my body so I can see the angles of the dress. Suddenly I hear laughter and quickly drop the dress back on the table. I look up and see the princess laughing hysterically with a phone in her hand. I realised she took a photo but then realised the dress she was wearing.

It looked beautiful on her. Gold. One of the colours of the ball theme. The colour of her heart.

I noticed she stopped laughing and realised she was making her way too the mirror. My guess was she hadn't seen herself yet and she just saw how beautiful she looked now. I stepped out of the way and let her pass. She stared at her self with a big smile on her face. Her hands played over the dress.

"Wow, it's perfect"

She whispered. The tailor smiled and ran up to the princess.

"I told you it was perfect".

Princess Lulu just nodded her head unable to say anything. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Lulu walked over and unlocked the door.

The queen walked in and when she saw her daughter her face transformed into the biggest smile I have ever seen. She rushed to her and gave her. A big hug. Her eyes were filled with tears and she was wiping them away.

"You look beautiful darling"

She whispered. I notice the princess had a sad smile on her face.

"Thanks" she muttered back.

I decided that the princess wanted to leave so I cleared my throat. All 3 heads spun towards my direction. The queen looked surprised to see me. She coughed awkwardly.

"What may I ask are you doing in the middle of my daughter, Princess Lulu's, dress tailoring?"

She says it with such authority I'm scared shitless. I gulp and get ready to reply when the princess buds in.

"He's a friend of mine and I forced him to come here against his will".

Her tone is harsh. She steps into the side room for a minute to change. The queen stares at me like I'm a wild animal ready to attack her. Soon Lulu comes out and I'm ready to leave. I walk through the open doors and head towards my room.

Today was a long day.

Authors note

Hey! Aren't u all lucky? I gave u all an early update because I had a scene planned and I missed u all!

Did u all miss Trent? I haven't put him in any of the recent chapters so I added him in now. I missed him that's for sure. Did u all like the dance? Or the tailor scene where Trent tries out the dress on his body frame? 😜 This is so far the longest chapter I've written and I'm proud cos I got rid of the major writers block I had! Woo hoo!

Shout out to naenaejayjay for voting on my book and being an awesome friend (twin sister 😂).

Bye ✌🏻️😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.3K 4.9K 52
How far can one go to protect their love and relations? How far till that thread breaks or become stronger? ____ "SHE IS ARNAV SINGH RAICHAND'S PROPE...
216K 2.1K 36
One day, I read that in real-life fairy tales, the princess sometimes needs to befriend the dragon and kill the prince, perhaps not to the most extre...
184K 10.2K 43
It has been over two centuries since the reign of King William and the banishment of the ladies' society,a society tasked with the protection of the...
277 32 25
If you love cute, slow-burn romances with princes and royalty you'll love this tale! Did you binge-watch the royal wedding? I think you'll enjoy my s...