Love from Within (A Jeron/Jer...

By MissEngot

The world is as literally as big as it seems but in the perspective of Maddison, It's a small world after all... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 ~ Embarrassment
Chapter 2 ~ Ms. Titanium
Chapter 3 ~ Call
Chapter 4 ~ Past
Chapter 5 ~ Encounter
Chapter 6 ~ I'm his Savior
Chapter 7 ~ Ms. Gorgeous
Chapter 8 ~ With Mr. J
Chapter 9 ~ Unexpected call
Chapter 10 ~ Her secret
Chapter 11 ~ Big sister
Chapter 12 ~ Awkward
Chapter 13 ~ Too Close
Chapter 14 ~ Stress
Chapter 15 ~ Pageant Night
Chapter 16 ~ A date?
Chapter 17 ~ Meeting him again
Chapter 18 ~ Conversation
Chapter 19 ~ Confession
Chapter 20 ~ Confused
Chapter 21 ~ Addi
Chapter 23 ~ Achi is back
Chapter 24 ~ Broken Promise
Chapter 25 ~ Sibling rivalry
Chapter 26 ~ Recall
Chapter 27 ~ Almost
Chapter 28 ~ Truth
Chapter 29 ~ Forgotten Memories
Chapter 30 ~ Cheating
Chapter 31 ~ Goodbye
Author's Note
Chapter 32 ~ Time-out
Chapter 33 ~ Bounce Back
E P I L O G U E

Chapter 22 ~ Intertwined

993 18 1
By MissEngot

It was sunny day when a little girl decided leave their house and went to the nearest park in their village all by herself. She was enjoying herself on the swing when something gets her attention; a poor cat was trapped on a tree. Her foot routinely led her toward the tree, she was eyeing around so that she could get some help but unfortunately there’s no one.

“Please stop crying. I’m gonna get you there.” She nervously said to the cat.

She was taking her second step on the tree when a little boy interrupted her. “Addison what are you doing?” The boy pulls and faced her with an angry face putting his hands on her shoulder. She looked straight into the eyes of her best friend.

“Tita and Tito are looking for you. Why did you left your house alone? Where’s your nanny?” The boy scolded. He was just concerned for his best friend because she left the house with no words and no one knows. The girl just keeps her mouth off, every time her best friend like this she was afraid. She don’t wanna have an argument with him.

“Yaya Mina is sleeping. I did not bother to wake her up.” She griped and took the boy’s hand off her. The real reason is, she wanted to be alone that’s why she didn’t wake up her nanny.

“Why did you not ask me, anyway? You’re so hard-headed!” the boy threw a deadly look toward her. She was stunned, maybe he was just too scared when she left the house all alone.

 “To-toy” her voice cracked because her eyes are started watering. “Don’t be mad at me, okay?” she looked away so that he will not see her tears and wiped it instantly.

“Sorry. I’m just bothered and thought that it would be unsafe for you to stay outside alone. Hush now.” He hugged her tight. The little girl hug him back.

“Okay. Promise, I will never do it again.” She said between her sobs.

“Tsk. I already heard it before. Just do it.” He gave her a warmth smile and they both laughed. They really love each other.

“Oh! I almost forgot. The kitten needs our help, she was stuck there. Please help the kitten, Totoy.” She pleaded with matching puppy eyes.

“Do I have a choice?” he said and started climbing. The little girl was just cheering him until he…

*Tok tok*

“Anak! Tanghali na! Breakfast is ready!”

“Open this door, Maddison!” I heard my mom knocking and from her voice I can say that she’s already perturbing. Wait… is that a dream? He’s hunting me again. My bestfriend. Totoy.

“Jane, anak! Is everything there okay?” I sat down and rest my head in the headboard of my bed.

That dream real happened when I was a kid. But why does his face blurred in my vision? I closed my eyes and trying to remember his face but… wala talaga mahirap talaga alalahanin ang feature ng mukha niya kasi that was long ago. I gently turn around and stared for a moment into the picture frame that was in the side table of my bed, the only picture I have. Two little kid grinning furiously, that was taken when we both had our punishment because we bump into a fight against the bullies in our school. Ano na kaya itsura niya ngaun? Tumaba na kaya siya, sobrang patpatin kasi siya. Magkikita pa kaya kami ulit?

I embraced my knees and let a heavy sighed. Yes. Totoy is my bestfriend before but when I came back he’s gone. Sabi nila Mama at Papa his family migrated abroad at walang silang balita tungkol dun. I doubt it, Mama and his Mommy used to be bestfriends too even our fathers.

“Honey, can you please get the spare key of this room—“ bago pa man makaalis si Papa ay binuksan ko na ang pinto ng kwarto ko. Nakita ko naman sobrang alala ang mukha ni Mama.

“What?” I ask them innocuously.

“Tss. How many times I told you don’t lock your door.” Mom irritably stated and she slaps my arm slowly.

“Na-lock ko pala. Sorry na po.” I apologized. Ayaw niya kasi sa lahat yung nagllock ng pinto kasi baka daw may emergency biglang dumating.

------

“Nagawa mo na ba ung plate mo?”

“I have no time, Sam. Maybe later when I get home.” Alex calmly response.

“Grabe, dalawang araw na lang pasahan na nun ah!” Sam exclaimed. Dumating naman ang merienda namin na inihatid ni Karren, andito kami ngaun sa sala namin nanonood ng replay ng laban ng green archers at growling tigers.

“Keri ko yan. Bakit ikaw tapos na ba?”

“Hindi pa din. Kaya nga ako nagtatanong para kung sakaling tapos ka na edi papagawa ako sayo.”

“Gagi! Sa akin ka pa talaga ha!” natatawang sabi ni Alex. Huwarang mga estudyante talaga ang mga kaibigan ko. Alam na kasi nilang tapos ko na ung plate ko kaya hindi nila ako tinatanong.

Holiday kasi ngaun kaya wala kaming pasok and we decided to stay here nakakasawa na din maggala. Parang kami lang yung archi student na maraming free time samantala ung iba they were so busy na tila ba walang social life.

“Ow. Nagkagigilan ung magkapatid oh!” mahinang sabi ni Sam. Tumitig naman ako nang husto sa slow motion replay. Jeric was holding the ball when Jeron tries to take it but Jeric is too strong so nagsikuhan sila at kamuntikan na silang matumba. Jeron was smirking when he luckily get the ball against his Ahia and passed it to Von.

“Kelan ‘to?” I asked not removing my eyes on the tv.

“Two days ago.” Maikling sagot ni Alex.

I felt something strange when I saw them staring and treating each other like they were enemy. What if in reality they were?

“Championship is coming so that’s why walang kapa-kapatid when it comes to court.” Sam said.

“Agree. And I hope these two teams will be the one who stayed last for that day came. Kung sa volleyball girls Lady spikers and Lady eagles lagi ang naghaharap sa championship at para maiba. Sa basketball La Salle naman tsaka Uste. Diba?”  mahinahong sabi ni Alex at sinubo ang cookies.

Why does it so easy for them to speak like that? But if I were on a different situation maybe I would be hoping for it also. And to think na bias ako sa UST, duh! School ko kaya yan!

We were just watching when Jade takes a seat beside Sam and I ignore her. Sam and Jade are murmuring something, they were laughing quietly. Close na pala sila? Kelan pa?

I am titaniummmm!!

“Hello.”

Tumayo naman ako agad at tiningnan naman ako ng tatlo as if they were asking if who’s in the other line but I just disregard them. I went straight to my room, its Jeron actually. Inaaya niya lang akong lumabas ngaun at hindi nama ako tumanggi. Papakipot pa ba ako? After nung dinner with his family hindi na kami nagkita ulit busy kasi siya sa training buti pa kuya niya minsan nakakasabay ko sa school.

“Malamang! Schoolmate kaya kayo!” I thought. Oo nga naman. Sometimes if we have time nanonood kami nang training nila sa Gym. Wala na din kaming napag-uusapan na about Jeron and his family, ayoko din kayang pag-usapan ang ganun, awkward kaya. Pero siya ang madaming question about sa family ko kaya ang dami niyang alam sa akin.

“Miss andito na tayo.” Hindi ko napasin na huminto na pala ung taxi nasasakyan ko. Andito na pala ako sa mall na napag-usapan namin ni Jeron. Ang bilis no? Syempre dinaan ko lang sa daldal at iniwan ko ang mga kaibigan ko sa bahay namin, bahala na sila Mama sa kanila.

I gave my payment to the driver and entered the mall, pumunta ako sa coffee shop na sinabi ni Jeron. Pagkapasok ko ay may sumalubong agad sa akin at pinagtatanong ako ng kung anu-ano. Yung totoo pwede bang maupo muna? And thank Jesus, tinantanan din ako nung crew when I told him that I’m just going to meet someone here.

“Jeron Teng, asan ka na ba?” I murmured. He’s 15 minutes late and then I suddenly recall the first time we meet accidentally, late din siya nun.

Kapag hindi pa talaga dumating ang lokong un within five minutes aalis na ako dito. I just opened my phone and nakita ko naman ang twitter app ko, stone age na ata ako hindi ko na nagagamit ito. I click on it and logged in, for my surprised I gained more followers last month I check it. Anong meron? Ang dami ding mentions, wtf galing lang sa mga fans ni Jeron. Almira and ate Alyssa followed me of course I follow them back.

“This is the second time you made me wait. You should have an acceptable reason.” I tweeted. Indirect to him, I didn’t mention anyone.

My phone vibrated at tiningnan ko na may nagreply sa tweet ko. “@MadJane don’t kill our shoti. It’s my fault, I ask him to drive me home first. But don’t worry @jeronteng is on his way there. #sorry” totoo si Almira?

How sure she is that it was for her brother. Nagreply na lang ako sa kanya saying that it’s fine with me. Ano pa nga ba gagawin ko edi mag-antay kay Jeron. Nakayuko lang ako at naglalaro sa phone ko when I smell a familiar perfume. I slowly look to the person who’s standing and catching his breath beside my table. My jawline inevitably fall when I saw him, a Greek-God-Adonis. Joke lang. Syempre dalagang Filipina ako so, hindi ako nagpadistract sa kagwapuhan ni Jeron ngayon. Wearing his fitted shirt na kulang na lang mapunit dahil sa muscles niya at navy blue pants. Gosh! Napainom na lang ako ng tubig ng marealized kong didighay na ako dahil sa sobrang busog na ang mata ko.

“Sorry. Ka-ni-na ka pa?”  He asked drowsily. Shit! Why even his voice sounds so sexy although his obviously tired. Naloloka na ata ako. I was lost for words and I uncertain shook my head for my answer.

“Calm yourself, Madds. This is not the right way to act like Filipina!” I tell off myself. Filipina your ass! How can I calm myself when there is a freaking hot Adonis in front of me. Pwede ba tumili! Packing tape ang hirap ng sitwasyon kapag ganito.

“Ikaw na bahala mag-order. I’ll go to the ladies room.” I awkwardly said.

Tatayo na ako nang hilain niya yung upuan ko at pumunta ng banyo. I was in a cubicle, sitting here like an idiot. Wala naman ako ginagawa bukod pakalmahin ang sarili ko.

“It’s him, for real?” narinig ko naman sa mga pumasok na babae sa cr medyo kinikilig pang tono.

“Yup. The one and only, Jeron Teng.” The other girl said while giggling.

“Ang hot niya sa malapitan! Buti na lang nakapagpapicture tayo.”

“You’re a damn lucky bitch! Nahalikan mo siya! Ang duga mo!” parang lahat ng dugo sa kuko at napunta sa ulo ko after I heard her. Nahalikan niya si Jeron?

“Ang bagal mo kasi! Buti na lang wala ung ka-date niya kanina. Sakto nung dumamoves tayo.” Napatawa naman ng mahina ang dalawa. Mga haliparot! Lumabas ako ng mabilis at sakto namang palabas na sila ng banyo. Bad timing.

After we ate, we decided to walk para pampababa ng kinain, he requested to watch movie but I declined it, wala ako sa mood. Tumingin tingin kami ng mga damit as usual wala akong natipuhan and I thought someone’s following us, kanina kasi may isang babae ang nahuhuli kong sumusunod sa amin habang naglalakad eh. Inaya ko na lang siya sa planet games si Jeron, lakas maka high school naman dito puro mga bata andito. Habang naglalaro si Jeron ng tekken hindi ko maiwasang titigan niya. May kamukha talaga siya I just can’t remember kung sino.

“Nagkainitan kayo ng kuya mo last game ah.” I told him and he stopped playing. He straight stared into my eyes. Those familiar eyes.. its him. Impossible.

“Yeah. And I already apologized to Ahia for acting like that towards him. I know it’s my mistake.” He sincerely said. I know he feel sorry about it. I gave him a smile and tap his shoulder not taking our eyes off. I didn’t say anything.

“Well, I’m just so bwakaw when it comes to ball that time. I was losing hope to win against Ahia’s team. You know, we have to be in championship.” He said wretchedly.

“It’s okay. Don’t blame yourself. I’m sure your Ahia understands you, I know him.” He held my hands after I told him that.

I can read into his expression that he’s really trying to do his best. Sad to say that the growling tigers defeated archers into that fight kaya pasok na sa championship ang UST. Archers team must face the Tamarraw’s team at kung sino manalo ay siyang makakalaban ng growling tigers.

“Thank you, Madds.” He smiled. Seryosohan? He’s not releasing my hands yet.

“Jeron? Bro?” Jeron turn around and spontaneously stood up pulling me.

“Ikaw nga!” he happily said and have a manly hugged on Jeron. It’s Jeric.

“How are you Kuya Jeric? Long time no see. Who’s with you, anyway?” Jeron asks.

“Ito pogi pa din at maraming chicks ang humahabol. Kasama ko—“

“Shoti?”

“Ahia, you’re here.” Jeron smiled to Jeric. Ano ba ang daming Jeric ah. Jeric Fortuna ung unang dumating and second is ung smiling machine na Jeric Teng.

“I was about to tell him that I was with you and suddenly you appeared.” Forts said getting the coin tokens in Jeric’s hand. Nagpabarya siguro si Jeric kanina kaya nahuli.

“Oh, I see. I’m happy to see you both hanging around.” Jeron stated. But Jeric was busy glaring in our intertwined hands. Shit! I awkwardly take my hand off to Jeron and that the indication I get there attentions.

“Btw, Kuya Jeric meet Maddison. Maddison this is Kuya Jeric Fortuna.” Jeron introduced. We shook hands and I just smiled saying that I’m glad meeting him.

Awkward! Jeric remain silent.. is he jealous? I assumed. Putcha! Ang hirap manghula ah! Si Fortuna naman kinukulit si Jeric kasi feel ko na nahalata niya ang pagiging tahimik nito. Kanina pa sila naglalaro ng basketball dito at tumingin ako sa relo ko, gabi na din pala.

“Ahmm. Jeron, mauuna na ako.” I said shyly. Tumigil naman sa paglalaro si Jeron at humarap sa akin. Pawis na pawis, anebeyen!

“Ahia, Kuya Jeric. We’ll go first.” Paalam naman ni Jeron and held my hand. Agad ko naman hinila pabalik ang kamay ko.

“No. You stay here. Kaya ko na umuwi mag-isa.” He gave me a serious look.

“Tsk. Of course I won’t allow you to go home all by yourself. You’re my date so, it’s my duty to drive you home.” He said. Hindi na ako nakasagot at hinayaan na lang siya, humarap ulit siya sa dalawa.

“Sige una na kami. Ahia, see you later!” Jeron shouted.

“Sa Saturday laro naman tayo!” sigaw ni Forts.

“No prob!” Jeron gave him an okay sign and after that we left.

Iba ang aura ni Jeric kapag kasama namin si Jeron. Hindi naman siya ganun kapag kami-kami eh. Grabe! Ang lungkot ng mukha niya kanina.

“You wait for me here. I’ll just get the car.” I nodded and Jeron left me.

I was busy thinking about Jeric’s behavior a while ago when a four female walks beside me. They walk fast, as if they were avoiding someone and all of them are wearing sunglasses. The hell! Sa ganitong oras..

“Aray! Tae ka Alex!” I heard the girl who’s wearing a floral dress shouted. That dress.

Shit and damnation! I followed them and when I am near them I forcedly pull the girl whose wearing the floral dress. Malakas ang kutob ko. Kanina ko pa nakikitang patagong sumusunod sa amin ni Jeron ang isang ito maybe apat talaga sila.

I removed her sunglass and the rest of them stopped walking then turn around. I knew it! Sam was giving me her awkward smile.

“Oh! Maddison, andito ka pala. Hey girls! Nandito si Madds!” she innocently said. Alex, Mayerie and Aimee gave me there awkward smile.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!” I angrily asked. They didn’t answer  me but I can see in their looks that they were creating some alibi.

“Tell me the truth.” I sighed. “Are you guys spying me and Jeron for the whole day?!”

------

A/N: Comment and Vote.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

309K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
11.4M 296K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
578K 12.9K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.1M 44.4K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...