Autumn Has Fallen | Dramione

By nymphadored

[#217 in fanfiction as of 5.03.17] "Something's changed Malfoy" Lost after the war, Draco Malfoy finally step... More

Hi there! please read
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
ANNOUNCEMENT
sixteen
depressed.
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
EASTER EGGS AND REFERENCES
epilogue
QnAs
#WATTYS2017
one year!

nine

8K 263 129
By nymphadored

"So how was your day with George?" Hermione asks, while biting a piece of bread. "It was well. We haven't talked in a while so it was really a good moment of bonding. He closed the shop early today because he was going to meet Angelina because they've got big news ahead and I don't even know what it is" He sighs.

"How about you and Ginny? how was your day?" Ron asks, munching a chicken leg right after.

"Well, nothing much. Just that we bought ourselves formal dresses for dinner at Slughorn's."

"Oh.. nothing else in specific?" He asked, looking at her eyes eagerly wanting to know what else had happened. He is beginning to suspect something odd with Hermione ever since.

"Well, we did saw muggle studies featured in a book shop today. I think it was absolutely kind of them to put so." She says. Ron took a deep breath, trying his best not to overthink too much. She might be telling the truth, after all we've been best friends ever since. He thought to himself.

Half of the night was spent silently. Though as soon as Ron finished his meal, he was the first one to start a new conversation. "Hermione,"

"Yes?" Hermione startled at Ron. She thought that Ron was already saying something and she wasn't paying attention at all because she took glances at the man near the fountain.

"Look, about... Lavender,"

"No no you don't need to explain. I understand and I shouldn't have reacted like that." Hermione nodded.

"But that's exactly what I want you to feel"

"What?" Hermione gave him a puzzled look.

"Hermione.. I'm starting to worry"

"About?"

"About us, of course. I'm beginning to think that you don't care about the girls that fancies me. N-not that I'm bragging about it of course, but I mean look at Ginny and Harry. I bet you can't see even one wink off of a girl to Harry. Ginny's always there to remind those girls that Harry is in fact taken"

"Are you saying that it's my fault Lavender dropped amortentia in your drink?"

"No, not that. I'm not blaming you for that. It's just that I never seen you jealous before" Ron pursed his lips.

Hermione was speechless. It was true that she never got jealous. But Ron feels like it was mandatory for their relationship.

"What are you talking about, I broke up with you because of jealousy remember?"

"Yeah but not like what happened before. Viktor Krum, Draco Malfoy--" Ron started mentioning men whom he gets jealous of.

"Draco Malfoy?" She cocked her eyebrows.

"Well, yeah. Didn't you know? Back at hogwarts he had a terrible crush on you in the years maybe of one to four?"

"I did not know that" Hermione shook her head cluelessly.

"Well of course I wouldn't want to tell you, you're my best friend and you can't go around with a death eater"

"Good point."

"But seriously Hermione, are you hiding anything from me? Anything at all?" Ron asked with a serious look on his face.

Hermione had felt guilt and pity over Ron. She wouldn't want to break his heart. She wants to fix their crumbling relationship. She still does.

"N-no."

Ron nodded, silently saying "okay" and asked for the check from a waiter.

The walk was silent, Ron's hands were down in his pockets and Hermione was wearing his jacket since autumn is already coming near. They both felt the cold breeze of air as Ron sighed and broke the silence once more.

"I shouldn't have took a break from work today if I knew you'd be this quiet."

Hermione was shocked at what he said, "I'm sorry I did not tell you to take a day off for me" She says, storming straight ahead.

"Seriously, Ron what's your problem?" She scoffed.

"You tell me then! My problem is you and I'm trying to fix us!" He shouted.

"do you think our relationship can be our first world problem now, hm? I'm sorry, was I distracting you from your work? go ahead I'm not stopping you because I do not want to be a control freak"

"I want you to think differently with that! I want you to tell me what you want. I want you to scare off the women who want me the same thing I do to you! Because I'm beginning to feel like you don't love me at all"

"I love you, Ron. And we're fighting again."

"Over one stupid little thing." Ron faked a chuckle. "I wanna go home, I'm tired already" he says, walking straight ahead as Hermione followed him.

~

Draco spent the rest of the night reading a book, trying to understand slangs and how to operate muggle devices.

But the moment Hermione told him that she was going on a date with someone, he knew she would stop helping her.

Draco took out a fresh parchment and a quill to write down Emma's number.

He then went to gringotts to have some money exchange in case he needs to buy something. But of course he had to hide his identity from others so he was wearing a hood to keep himself secret amongst wizards.

As soon as he stepped out of gringotts someone immediately called him out, "hey you!" And Draco started running.

"Stupefy!" The man shouted.

The man draws closer to him, pulling the hood out to reveal his identity.

"Malfoy?"

"Potter" Draco scoffed.

"What were you doing inside gringotts at this time of night?" Harry asks suspiciously.

"None of your damn business, for what I know"

"I can see you haven't changed. Answer my question or I will bring you straight to azkaban with the rest of your family."

"Why send me there when I haven't done a thing?"

"If it wasn't for your money--"

"Potter, I betrayed my family. Now don't ask why I haven't been to azkaban because I just said so"

"I'm not done with you yet, Malfoy..." Harry points his wand, ready for defence.

"Eager to kill me, Potter? I wouldn't think Granger would like that at all" he blurts out, suddenyl realizing that he shouldn't have said that.

"Hermione? Of course she would! We despise you--"

"Say what you want but I didn't do any crime" Draco says. "I've mended my ways, Potter. You don't think of moving on, do you?"

"But of course, you're a death eater how can we trust you?"

"Roll up my sleeve" Draco commanded, trying to prove himself right.

Harry does so, and Draco's arm doesn't have the mark anymore.

"H-how?" Harry asks, still pointing his wand on Draco.

"I do not associate with my past anymore"

Draco stood up, sweeping dusts and dirt off of his clothing. "I'll be watching your actions next time, Malfoy. One mistake and have fun being locked in bars" Harry snarled at him, walking away.

"Can't wait" Draco laughed sarcastically.

~

The next morning Hermione had woken up early to see Ron still asleep. She decided she makes breakfast for him to start off his day since he is going back to work, and just like their old routine.

If Hermione were to drank a veritaserum again, Ron would have left her by now. Though she hates to admit but sometimes she wish that they would just stay friends. It was better off that way. Less fighting, less heart break, less distraction for Ron.

After she made breakfast, Hermione heard a knock on their door, so she walked up to it and open, to see Harry standing outside the flat. "Harry, good morning. What an early--"

"Yeah, good morning Mione. Is Ron awake yet?"

"I can actually see similarities with you and Ginny" Hermione chuckles, crossing her arms.

"But no, he's still asleep"

"Can I get in so I could wake him up? It's urgent.."

"I guess so," Hermione shrugs, as Harry quickly goes to their bedroom, seeing Ron still sound asleep.

"Wingardium Leviosa" Harry casts a spell, making Ron float out of his bed, until he hit the ceiling.

"Ugh, what the--" Ron groaned, slowly opening his eyes and yawned to only later realize that he is floating from his bed.

Harry dropped him back to his bed, making Ron in a complete state of shock.

"Harry! What the bloody hell was that for?!"

"I need to talk to you about something. Something important."

"Go on then you don't need to make me float to the ceiling..." Ron sighed.

"It's about... Malfoy."

"Malfoy?" Ron didn't hesitate to ask what about Draco. Ron immediately closes the door so that Hermione wouldn't get in the conversation.

"I saw him.. last night at gringotts looking very suspicious. I went up to him and ask him what was he doing and he says it was nothing. I should've taken him to azkaban that night but.. the dark mark. It's gone."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes! Now he told me that he doesn't associate with his past anymore, and that he abandoned his family. Meaning he's not a death eater anymore. As if he's betraying his own blood."

"That's bloody mental! And do you think you can trust him enough?"

"Not sure. He also did mention Hermione and I don't know why."

Ron's heart began to feel an ache. He gulped and say, "but of course, he'd always fancy Hermione."

"Well do you think he still does?"

"I hope not. I mean, Hermione... I've seen through her eyes already. We've had an arguement again last night and it's seriously not getting any prettier."

"Ron, you shouldn't make fighting your relationship habit. It's dangerous."

"It's already bad enough that we do it almost everyday of the week now."

"Ron, be honest. You're my best friend and it's okay to tell me the truth"

"Go on then"

"Do you still love Hermione?"

~

Vote & comment!

Wow an early new chapter! I just had to update early because I'm going to take my O.W.L.s soon so I have to study.

Jk.

But yes I do need to study for our finals the reason why I updated this early. I hope to see you in the next one ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 121K 32
Hermione Granger wants to get married and start a family of her own. But her future plans of wearing a wedding dress are shattered when Ron brea...
157K 3.1K 28
For a moment I didn't care about anything but her. I would break my wand and live in the muggle world for her. I would do anything for her, be anythi...
17.5K 307 13
Please leave a comment and vote to let me know what you think of the story! <3 _________________________________________ Hermione and her friends re...
113K 2.3K 26
It's seventh year, and students are asked to return to Hogwarts after the war. Her current relationship with Ron is going down hill as he turns abusi...