Recondite {Malia Tate}

By coyxtedesires

(Sporadic Updates) A boy with bad conversational skills tries to express himself to a werecoyote that doesn't... More

Epigraph
Prologue
1: Dark Moon
2: Road Trip.. Again
3: The Little Spoon
4: Stilinski Persuasion and Werecoyote Texts
5: Chicken Lomein and TKO's.
6: Pancakes and Tryouts
7: Hospital Visits and Starbursts.
8: Diagnoses and Party Planning.
9: Love Bites and New Decisions.
10: Trust and Newfound Secrets.
11: Deadpool Additions and Pain.
12: Relationship is to Arguing as Secrets is to Answers.
13: New Jewelry and New Pictures
14: Are the innocent really innocent?
15: Dosages Increasing and Honesty Decreasing.
16: PSATs and Quarintines
17: Is This What Dying Feels Like?
18: Charlie's on fire!
19: Faith, Trust, and Missed Calls
21: Sophie = Inner Circle
22: So Cold
23: Angst Makes The Heart Bleed
24: Therapy Charlie and Angry Charlie
25: What Goes Around Comes Around
26: Together Again
27: Anger Flares and The Coyote Detective
28: Pack Meeting and Italian Food
29: Growth-Spurts and Spurts of Growth.
30: Hormones and Celebratory Dinners
31: Missing and Presumably Taken... or Dead.
32: Power Lesson and Rendezvous

20: The Phoenix Wasn't Down, But In The End, Charlie Was... Literally

4K 167 26
By coyxtedesires

"Are you guys totally sure about this?" Liam wondered, worriedly pacing the foot of Scott's bed.

Scott was currently lying on his bed, his normally tan skin seeming to have paled since the start of the plan. The totally, unsafe, idiotic, unbelievable and dangerous plan that involved practically stopping Scott's heart.

Kira stood to Scott's right and her mom to his left, both Yukimuras watching Scott and listening to Liam.

"I-I'm not," Charlie stammered, cursing himself for his stutter. He couldn't help it, it was just something he was used to doing.

He was standing beside Kira, his nervous heartbeat almost made Scott smile. Maybe Charlie wasn't as mad at Scott as he had been those few days ago at the school.

Or, maybe it was just Charlie being Charlie and that meant being nervous. Charlie was almost always nervous about something.

"I think Liam's kind of nervous," Kira commented towards Scott.

"Kira," Charlie shuddered out breathily, "I think we're a-all nervous."

"Maybe you should tell them it's gonna be alright," Kira whispered to Scott.

"I don't think that will work," Charlie leaned into Kira and Scott's conversation, whispering loudly.

He was never good at whispering. He believed there was a difference between talking softly and whispering; Charlie was a very soft talker, but, for some odd reason, he was the worst whisperer.

Stiles made sure to remind Charlie ever since Charlie's supposed whisper got Stiles grounded..

For a month.

Scott sent Charlie a small smile, Kira giving Charlie a slight glare, and Charlie suddenly realized that Kira had meant for Scott to indirectly tell her it was going to be alright.

"Oh..." Charlie nodded, "Right," he slowly leaned away from the couple, giving them a little space.

"It's gonna be alright," Scott told Kira, gazing up at her with softened doe eyes.

Charlie suddenly felt like he was interrupting an intimate moment and he couldn't help the heart ache that he suddenly had to deal with.

He missed staring at Malia when she wasn't watching. He missed analyzing her face when she wasn't paying attention.

To Charlie, Malia was a unique beauty. Her confidence was something he was constantly envious of. She was rarely ever fearful of anything, whilst Charlie was fearful of everything.

And her skin... Her skin reminded Charlie of summer, always seeming to stay a warm tan, even in the cold months. When Charlie was around Malia, winter was practically nonexistent, especially since she always kept him flushed.

His constantly heated temperature may have helped in the constant feelings of the summer season.

What Charlie didn't know, was that his fair skin and blue eyes reminded Malia of the chill of winter and the cooling sensation of the water she would lap from to regain her energy as a coyote.

Malia had found herself always energized after staring at Charlie's pretty eyes for long periods of time. She loved his eyes.

And his laugh... His laugh was something that kept her happy; the simplicity of his amused giggles had Malia feeling determined to keep him laughing. Suddenly, the distance between the pair seemed more like oceans away rather than a few miles.

Charlie had no clue what Malia was doing in the moment he stood. He prayed she hadn't left Beacon Hills. He also prayed that she didn't go to see her father alone. He didn't trust Peter and nor will he ever.

Peter was the cause of most of Charlie's anxieties. And he would never forgive him for it. How could he? Peter had tormented Lydia, pushing her and pushing her until she began to fall apart.

He had Lydia believing she was crazy; hell, he had Charlie believing Lydia was going crazy.

Charlie still had trouble wrapping his head around Malia being the daughter of the egotistical jackass. Had he said that aloud, he wouldn't even apologize for the cursing; in fact he'd say it louder, letting everyone know how he felt.

"So," Liam started, pulling Charlie from his internal ranting, "you've done this before, right?" Liam asked Mrs. Yukimura.

"I've seen it done," she said.

"I-is that just as good?" Liam asked.

"No," Noshiko admitted.

"Mom," Kira said, exasperated, "you're not inspiring confidence."

"Good," Noshiko told her daughter. "This is a terrible idea."

"W-well, maybe we could try something else than?" Charlie offered. "Anything else, maybe."

"Do you want us to do this without you?" Kira asked Charlie and her mom.

Charlie gave Kira an odd look, "Wh-I-uh," he couldn't say anything, so he closed his mouth, sighing.

He knew Kira was nervous, but he didn't appreciate the rude tone underlying her normally peppy voice.

Malia was rude... but he didn't mind it, it was just her personality; she was thoroughly honest and that's why she tended to annoy the pack, because as people, they tended to hate honesty. Especially the brutal kind.

Noshiko sighed softly, holding her hand over Scott, "Put your hand over his heart," she told Kira.

Scott began breathing heavily as Kira leaned over Scott, her hand hovering closely over his bare chest. She took a deep breath, readying herself to touch his chest just as Scott hurriedly grabbed her wrist.

"Hold on," he told Kira, raising himself to lean back against his forearms. "What happens while I'm out? Am I gonna feel anything?" He asked Kira's mom.

"It might feel like you're dreaming," she told him.

"Good dreams, or bad?" He questioned.

"I suppose that depends on you."

Scott's eyes widened slightly in fear and he slowly looked forward, leaning to fall back against the bed, flat. Charlie watched stressfully as Kira leaned back over Scott, her shaky hand hovering over Scott's chest.

Charlie nibbled on his lip anxiously, unknowingly beginning to lean over Scott to analyze what Kira was doing.

Noshiko watched cautiously as Charlie hovered over the pair. She didn't know what she was waiting for, but her mind had her suddenly watching Charlie Acton with an intense gaze.

Scott's sudden gasping for breath had Charlie's hand lunging forward to grab Kira's arm. Noshiko and Liam's eyes widened as Kira's current flowed evenly into Scott and Charlie.

Charlie's eyes burned a brilliant orange and yellow fire as the beast inside him pushed to the surface. "Release him, Kitsune," Charlie growled.

Kira glanced at Charlie in surprise, her heart pounding furiously with anxiousness as she stared into Charlie's burning gaze.
She had never seen a gaze so fierce before now. Charlie's eyes had suddenly lit with a orange and yellow hue, practically spiting Kira's actions.

"Kira, calm your heart rate, too much fear will have bad results," Noshiko warned.

She couldn't blame her daughter though, the gaze of the boy sent chills down Noshiko's spine. The kind she rarely ever got.

Charlie suddenly gasped, eyes rolling to the back of his head as the current of electricity flowing from his grasp on Kira's arm finally shocked his heart. His release on Kira grew limp along with his body as he slumped to the floor, dead.. At least, close to it.

This was definitely not a part of the plan. But, Charlie would never admit it aloud, he hadn't fought hard against the Phoenixes desire to be released, he knew what it was going to do and it gave him an idea.

The Benefactor may come for visual confirmation on Scott, the true alpha, but the true alpha and the phoenix? That was something that would have the Benefactor practically tripping over their feet to see.

Or realizing that two of the most expensive creatures suddenly showing up dead may be too good to be true.

Kira's hand fell from above Scott, the two boys touched by her power remained still and Kira turned her head, seeing Liam and her mother hovering over Charlie. Her hand flew to her mouth as she rushed to Charlie's side.

"Oh, my God," she whispered. "What did I do?"

"It wasn't you," Noshiko told her daughter. "Why didn't anyone tell me this boy was a Phoenix?"

Liam and Kira's eyes widened as they looked up to the older woman, "What?"

Noshiko seemed surprised, "Neither of you knew?"

"He wasn't ready to tell us," Kira explained.

Noshiko looked back down to the boy, "He will be if he wakes."

"I-if?" Liam practically quaked.

"What do you mean, if? Mom, he's gonna wake up... right?" Kira whispered.

Noshiko glanced down at Charlie, grabbing his hand and turning it over to face palm up.

"What're you doing?" Kira asked.

Noshiko didn't answer, pulling a knife from her pocket and placing it to Charlie's palm. Kira and Liam's eyes widened as Noshiko suddenly sliced Charlie's open palm.

"Mom!" Kira cried out. "What're you doing?"

Everyone watched as Charlie's palm began to stitch itself back together. This was different than the wolves healing, this was more... Magical.

Charlie's abilities were so clearly demonstrated in this moment, the way his skin seemed to sizzle as it slowly pulled itself together, skin forming over the deep cut until there was nothing but a small hint of drying blood.

"W-what does that mean?" Liam asked softly.

"It means Charlie may just awaken after all," Noshiko answered, standing to her feet. "We have to go, we've wasted enough time as it is."

"Well, what about Charlie?" Kira wondered as her and Liam stood to their feet.

"We call the police for Scott, and drive Charlie ourselves," she said, gathering her things. "We can't have people suspicious of us."

"Who's gonna make the call?" Liam wondered.

"I will," Noshiko said. "You two get Charlie to the car while I call the police. I'll claim I was a concerned neighbor that heard an odd noise while I was out, and then we leave when the calls done."

"You're oddly calm about this," Kira said as her mother dialed 9-1-1.

"Kira, go," her mother spoke. "We don't have much time."

Kira nodded, looking to Liam to seen him already holding Charlie. Kira let out a stressed breath as she ushered Liam out to her mothers car. Liam grunted as he readjusted Charlie, "He's heavier than he looks," he told Kira.

"Well, he's just dead weight, so.." Kira trailed off, not meaning to sound so nervous, and also not meaning for the sudden pun. "He-he'll be fine, I'm sure he'll be just.. just fine."

Liam nodded, carefully tossing Charlie's body into the back. He winced as he saw Charlie's head knock against the opposite door. Kira let out a stressed breath.

"What about his aunt?" She worried. "Charlie was just at their house earlier today for dinner before he came over. She's gonna know something's not right when he doesn't come home."

"I'm more worried about Malia," Liam gulped.

Kira's eyes widened, "Oh, God," she gasped. "I'm so dead."

"No, you're not, because the werecoyote's not gonna find out," Noshiko said as she glided to the driver's side door. "Get in the car, quick."

Kira and Liam quickly threw themselves into the car, focusing on Mrs. Yukimura as she spoke, "We are going to drive Charlie to the hospital and give him to the nurses and doctors, and then, while everyone is distracted, we're going to slip away and avoid questioning."

There was a tense silence as Kira, and Liam sat in the back with Charlie's body, only the humming of the car as Mrs. Yukimura sped down the street at a speed that, if ever caught, would have her skipping a ticket and going straight to traffic school.

"This wasn't supposed to happen," Kira whispered to herself as she looked to Charlie's face. "This is all my fault."

"No time for blame," her mother said, pulling up in front of the emergency wing of the hospital, "we're here."

<>

A/N;

Hello, everyone!

I finally got an update out due to me not being able to update my teen ending.

I really hope you guys like it and don't forget to leave a vote and a comment in memory of you reading this chapter!

Hope you guys have a great rest of your day or night, love you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 279 8
"πΆπ‘Žπ‘™π‘™ 𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝐼𝑙𝑙 π‘…π‘’π‘ β„Ž 𝑂𝑒𝑑 𝐴𝑙𝑙 𝑂𝑒𝑑 𝑂𝑓 π΅π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘Žπ‘‘β„Ž π‘π‘œπ‘€" ΰΌ„ΰΌ„ΰΌ„ "οΏ½...
819 32 15
With a second chance at life, Kya continues her involvement in helping her friends with the supernatural beings in town. But no one knows what's to...
8.7K 513 11
The Stilinski family was broken after the death of Claudia Stilinski. Noah turned to drinking to cope with the death of his dear wife. Stiles develop...
11K 582 12
In this first half of the last season of Teen Wolf everything has been unusually calm. Suddenly, the Wild Hunt comes in bringing all type of problems...