The Ghost Brother

By PhantomFaller13

What if Danny Phantom and Dick Grayson were brothers? Richard and Daniel Grayson lost their parents and were... More

Chapter 1: The Circus
Chapter 2: A New Parent
Chapter 3: Wayne Manor
Chapter 4: A Friend
Chapter 5: To Catch a Crook
Chapter 6: Confrontation
Chapter 7: Falling Out
Chapter 8: Patrol
Chapter 9: Runaway
Chapter 10: Welcome to Amity Park
Chapter 11: First Day at Casper High
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Chapter 12: A Surprise Visit
Chapter 13: An Unwanted Reunion
Chapter 14: A Lab Accident
Chapter 15: Returning Memories
Chapter 16: Searching and Recovering
Chapter 18: Straight from the Bat's mouth
A/N
Chapter 19: Family Matters
Chapter 20: Not So Bitter Reunions
Chapter 21: A New Friend
Chapter 22: In the Center Ring
Chapter 23: The Great Train Rescue
Chapter 24: Puzzle Pieces
Not an Update
Chapter 25: Dark Futures Part 1
Chapter 26: Dark Futures Part 2
Chapter 27: Dark Futures Part 3
Chapter 28: Revelations
Chapter 29: Reunions
Chapter 30: Brothers Again
Chapter 31: Decisions
Chapter 32: The Bird and the Bat
Chapter 33: Meet the Titans
Death is Upon Me
Chapter 34: A Forgotten Enemy
Quick Update
Chapter 35: Two Different Times
Spinoff Books?
I'm so sorry
Chapter 36: The End of It All
Chapter 36: One Last Time
Quickie
Chapter 37: Familiar Faces
What's coming next?
Many Years Later
The New Teen Titans

Chapter 17: Mystery Meat and Sleeping Troubles

7.6K 269 194
By PhantomFaller13

Third Person POV

As it turned out, Danny wasn't allowed to go to school the next day. Sam and Tucker had come over to visit and Danny had asked what he had missed at lunch, but Sam had told him they had run into problems and whatever she had planned didn't happen that day. But she had assured him that once he was back at school, he would see for himself. Danny spent the next month at home, with his friends and sister bringing him his work from school. During that month, Danny, Sam and Tucker explored the raven haired teen's newfound powers. They discovered he had the ability to transform so his appearance matched the one that Sam and Tucker had seen when he had came out of the portal. A white haired boy, with tan skin and glowing green eyes, wearing a black and white HAZMAT suit. They also learned he had some pretty insane powers. Flying, turning invisible and intangible, along with the ability to morph his legs into a ghostly tail. At first it seemed really cool, but they quickly learned the consequences behind this.

Even when in his human form, Danny's powers could still affect him. Parts of his body would randomly turn intangible or invisible and the young teen couldn't stop it from happening. His friends did their best to help him and cover for him, but they all feared discovery from the Fenton's who had now been working harder than ever to create new ghost weapons to attack and hunt the ghosts that would no doubt be coming out of the portal now.

Aside from all that, during the month he had spent at home, Danny was plagued by the same nightmare over and over. It was the exact same one he had in the hospital. The shadow figures, the red waters, the dead people in colorful costumes, and the man with the face of a bat. He had talked to both his friends at the hospital and now Jazz about these nightmares. No one knew what to make of them. Jazz thought it might be his forgotten memories trying to manifest themselves in his dreams. Due to his amnesia, they were all scrambled and wouldn't make much sense until his memories actually started to come back. Danny was upset that he still couldn't remember anything and that because of that, his odd dreams made no sense. The fact that he had the same one every night didn't help. On the bright side, he hadn't heard the annoying know-it-all voice in the back of his mind ever since the accident. Though a voice in his dreams sounded eerily similar to it.

One month later, Danny was riding in his sister's car on the way to school. The day before, Danny and his friends had gotten a quick lesson from Jack Fenton. Apparently, due to them sneaking down into the lab, Jack immediately assumed they wanted to become ghost hunters. When Sam and Tucker arrived to check up on Danny, the large man quickly rushed them all into the lab. Jack explained that he had never seen a ghost, introduced the Fenton thermos to them, showed them the now functional portal, and told them weird stories about his past. While all that had been happening, two ghosts had escaped from the Fenton Portal and attacked Sam and Tucker. Danny quickly had leaped into action and defeated the ghosts, transforming into his new alter ego. 

Jazz pulled into the parking lot of Casper High. She parked the car and turned off the engine. She and Danny both sat in silence, neither of making a move to exit the vehicle. "They do mean well." The older girl said suddenly. Danny turned to her, seeing that she was facing the windshield, her hands tightly gripping the steering wheel. "Just ignore that gear of theirs. You're not a ghost, it's probably just a side-effect from that stupid portal of theirs." When saying this, Jazz's tone turned venomous. Danny was surprised to hear her speak like that. He glanced at his hand and noticed that it had turned invisible. He gasped quietly and hid it behind his back.

"Jazz, I'm fine. Really!" The teen assured her, waving his currently visible hand at her. Jazz did not look convinced as she glanced at him, giving her younger adoptive brother a once over. Sighing, she loosened her grip on the wheel and grabbed the handle to open her door. Danny reached for his in kind and pulled on the handle, opening the door the tiniest bit. Jazz was concerned for her little brother and she felt like he was hiding something from her. It was bad enough that he couldn't remember his past, now he had to deal with the side effects of a crazy accident. She would be giving her parents a stern talking to about locking the lab when they weren't down there. Though, she realized, it might be a waste of breath as they never listen to her anyways.

"We should get going." Jazz said as she pushed open her door. Danny nodded and did the same as they both stepped out of the car. The bright haired teen locked the car and the two siblings made their way towards the school's front doors. As they reached the front steps, Jazz gave Danny a quick hug. "Have a great day." She whispered to him before running up the steps into the school. Danny sighed, glancing at his hands and hoping that he wouldn't have any mishaps with his powers today. But he already knew that it wasn't going to happen. He just didn't have that kind of luck. Sam and Tucker emerged from the school, spotting their friend standing on the steps. 

They noticed that he seemed upset and rushed to his side, ushering him into the building. They tried to ask him what was wrong, but he just brushed off their questions. He didn't feel like figuring anything out today. The teen just wanted a nice, normal day back at school. Danny inwardly chuckled, knowing that probably just jinxed himself. The three friends made it through their first few periods of classes, but Danny had yet to get out of his bad mood. The group of friends made their way up a flight of stairs, and Danny was lamenting to his friends about telling his adoptive parents the truth. "I don't know, maybe I should tell them." The teen stated.

Sam and Tucker followed him up the stairs, with Sam giving a response. "Why? Parents don't listen. Even worse they don't understand." The group of friends paused on the next level and Sam shouted, "Why can't they accept me for who I am?!" 

Tucker and Danny looked at their friend with mild looks of confusion on their faces. "Sam, I'm talking about my powers. My problems."

Sam blinked at her friend. "Oh right, m-me too." She said, averting her gaze from Danny. The three friends continued to make their way up the rest of the stairs and onto the next floor.

Danny sighed. "It's been a month since the accident and I still have barely any control." The teen crossed his arms and furrowed his brow. "If anyone catches me I go from geek to freak around here." As Danny said this, he began to sink through the floor. 

Sam and Tucker's eyes followed him downwards. "Kinda like what you're doing now?" Danny looked down and saw that his waist was currently passing through the floor. He let out a small shriek of fear and his two friends quickly latched onto his arms. They pulled him out of the floor and set him back on the ground once his legs had regained their solid form.

"Ah, darn it." Danny grumbled walking off with his friends close behind. "If my dad can invent something that accidentally made me half ghost, why can't he invent something that turns me back to normal?" Danny clenched his hand into a fist and his body became intangible. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and walked right through a vending machine. The teen hadn't even realized what he had just done.

Sam rushed to catch up to her friend, stepping in front of him. "Danny, your powers make you unique. Unique is good!" Putting on a rare smile, Sam continued as she saw Danny's mood go unchanged. "That's why I'm an ultra-recylo-vegtarian." She said proudly, placing her hands on her hips.

Tucker joined his two friends, confusion on his face. "Which means what?" He asked.

"She doesn't eat anything with a face on it." Danny answered. Sam was definitely unique all right. Add this onto her gothic appearance and life style, paired with her family actually being really rich, Samantha Mason was certainly a great mystery to all those who didn't know her personally.

"Eh, who cares about that stuff." Tucker said dismissively, "Danny, two words. Meat. Connoisseur. " The teen pointed at himself proudly, then proceeded to sniff Danny. "Last night, you had Sloppy Joes." Danny's geeky friend stated confidently.

Danny smiled. "Impressive."

"Meat heightens the senses, and my all-meat streak is fourteen years strong." Tucker said proudly.

"And it's about to end." Sam interjected, crossing her arms. "The school finally agreed to try a new cafeteria menu. I wore them down." Danny wondered if this was the thing Sam had said she had been working on while he had been bedridden.

Tucker's eyes widened in fear at Sam's small smirk, "Wait, what did you do?"

Hey there, Normal Line Break here. You all know how this goes so I'm just gonna plop myself right here and completely change the story! Cool? Cool. Enjoy the rest of the chap!

Cyborg yawned as he entered the living room of Titans Tower. Lucky for them, crime had been slow and Slade was still in hiding. The latter sounded worse than it was, but the team decided they were going to worry about it when the time came. The large teen stretched out the last bit of sleep from his gears and was surprised to see a semi-awake, raven haired teen hovering over the main computer in the living room. Cyborg sighed at the sight. It had been over a month since Robin had started looking for his missing friend and he hadn't stopped since. It was a miracle that the kid was still kicking, due to him barely eating and sleeping. 

Cyborg began to walk over to his friend, his feet making loud clanking sounds on the floor. Robin barely flinched at the noises. "He must really be off his game." Cyborg thought to himself. With all the noise the older teen had been making, he was sure that Robin would have at least turned around to look at him. The kid was acting like he didn't even realize Cyborg was there. The half-machine teen made his way to Robin's side, looking over his friend's shoulder. His eyes widened when he saw that Robin's gloved fingers were merely brushing over the keyboard keys. It was only every other time did he actually push a key, making for a lot of misspelled words on the screen.

He looked to Robin and saw that the dark haired teen was desperately trying to keep his eyes open. He was also muttering something to himself, but Cyborg couldn't make it out. He stood up straight behind Robin, just as Raven, Beast Boy, and Starfire entered the room. The three of them immediately saw Cyborg standing behind Robin. Raven and Beast Boy shared a glance while Starfire's expression grew concerned. The Tamaranean girl had voiced her concerns over Robin's condition less than a month ago. The team took note of it and agreed to keep an eye on him. Apparently, they hadn't been doing a good job. That or Robin was expertly skilled at hiding his exhaustion from the team. But now, he had slipped up.

Robin's form was hunched over the keyboard, his eyes glued to the screen. On said screen was an article detailing a lab accident that had happened in a small town. His masked eyes never strayed from the screen, and his fingers continued to barely graze the keyboard. Cyborg turned to his friends who had just entered and gestured to Robin in confusion. They all shrugged in response. Cyborg walked over to his friends, leaving the half-asleep Robin to continue his 'work'.

When Cyborg joined his friends, Raven spoke up, saying what they were all thinking, "We can't allow this to continue." The four of them all knew that if Robin were to go on like this, he would most surely run himself into the ground. One could almost compare this behavior to the time Robin was obsessed with finding Slade. Yet, while they knew that if they let Robin continue this behavior he would surely cause himself damage, they had no ideas on how to make it stop.

None, until Beast Boy piped up. "What if we just make him sleep?" The green skinned teen offered. All eyes turned to Beast Boy, excluding Robin's. As dumb as it sounded, the idea could work. In his weakened state, they could easily overpower Robin and force him to sleep, with a bit of Raven's help. Though, they would have to be quick. Beast Boy knew from personal experience that even a half-asleep Robin could still kick your butt. But that Robin was different from one who had barely slept or eaten for just over a month. Nodding in agreement the team made their way over to Robin, with Cyborg and Starfire flanking him on either side and Beast Boy and Raven creeping up behind him. If Robin was aware of them sneaking up on him, he didn't show it. His eyes were still glued on that same article.

The plan was for Cyborg and Starfire to restrain Robin, along with Beast Boy if necessary, and then Raven would cast a minor spell that would force Robin to sleep. Cyborg and Starfire grew closer to Robin and Raven prepared to cast her spell. Sharing a quick nod, Cyborg and Starfire leaped towards Robin, each grabbing onto either of the dark haired teen's arms. Robin's eyes instantly widened as his natural instincts kicked in. He jumped out of his seat, his feet landing on the main control panel of the computer. He pushed off of it, yanking his arms out of his friend's grips. "Beast Boy! Stop him!" Starfire shouted.

The green skinned teen shifted into a nimble tiger and prepared to pounce on Robin as he landed on the ground behind the chair. Just as Robin's feet made contact with the ground, Beast Boy pounced like a predator on prey. Robin tried to dodge, but due to his sleep-deprived state, he was a bit slow and Beast Boy managed to lock his jaw onto Robin's ankle. The brightly clothed teen fell to the ground and Cyborg and Starfire quickly rushed to hold him down. Robin continued to struggle against their grips, but to no avail. 

"Calm down man, this is for your own good." Cyborg said, tightening his hold on Robin.

"No... I need to... find him..." Robin muttered. He was quickly growing weaker. Raven took this opportunity to start casting her spell. She began to softly speak a spell and Robin felt his eyelids grow heavy. He struggled to keep from closing his eyes, for he knew that once he did, he wouldn't be opening them for a while.

"Please stop fighting us Robin. We are your friends. We are only trying to help." Starfire said quietly to him. Beast Boy let out a small purr as if trying to comfort Robin. Eventually, Robin succumbed to Raven's spell and allowed his eyes to close. After a moment, the small teen began to snore. The team sighed in relief and the three teens restraining Robin released their holds on him.

"I'll take him to his room." Cyborg stated, gently picking Robin up bridal style and carrying him out of the room. The robotic teen carried his friend to his room and gently laid him down on his bed. He debated on removing the teen's mask, as he could only assume it wouldn't be comfortable to sleep in, but he chose not to. Robin had not revealed his true identity to the team and, for the time being, he wanted to keep it that way. Removing the mask without his permission would be a huge invasion of privacy, and no doubt destroy all the trust between the two friends. So Cyborg left the mask on and exited Robin's room, walking back into the living room where he found the others hovering in front of the main computer. They had put whatever Robin had been looking at on the large screen and were currently analyzing it.

It was an article detailing a lab accident that happened in the small town of Amity Park. The fact that Robin was even looking at a small news report such as this proved he was overtired. Cyborg sighed, Robin wasn't going to stop this until he found his missing friend. The others promised that they would help Robin in his search but after the first few weeks of intense searching, Robin mostly took over. He pushed them away and took up all the work, though he did communicate with Batman sometimes.

They needed to find this mysterious friend of Robin's fast, before he hurt himself. The only problem was, they had no idea where to start. Maybe a call to a certain Bat was in order. It was the only option that Cyborg could think of. Cyborg made his way over to his friends and prepared to tell them his plan.

A/N: Hey guys, sorry about not updating for so long. Had a small case of writer's block. I wanted to add the TT's in this chap but I didn't know how so I put this chapter off for a while. Eventually, this was all I could come up with. Sorry if it sucks. I'll try to do better in later chapters. Anyways, thanks for reading and I'll see you all in the next one!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.9K 620 22
A sequel to the story Lost Prince. Danny has left Amity Park with his older sister Jazz in hopes of protecting himself and his friends. Who or what w...
35.2K 1.3K 26
Warning: if you don't like male x male DONT READ! If you don't liked Danny x Dash then don't read! Dash is getting impatient with Danny. Danny has b...
199K 8.8K 35
Two years. It had been two years since that day. Since he last saw their terrified faces, tied to the boiler. Since he had seen them smile. Since Dan...
98.3K 2.6K 25
Robin from Teen Titans and Danny from Danny Phantom are actually brothers. Find out what kind of chaos ensues in "Brothers Again"