No Thanks, Mate [Completed]

By LindyWindy

Growing up is hard, but it’s practically impossible if you’re Elaine Butler. She knows pain, and won’t forge... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter Six
Chapter seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-two
Chapter Twenty-three
Chapter Twennty-four
Chapter Twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-six
Chapter Twenty-seven
Chapter Twenty-nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-one
Chapter Thirty-two (:the end:)
Epilogue
Thank you!
Will You?

Chapter Twenty-eight

2.2K 18 1
By LindyWindy

Chapter 28

Carly met me at the front porch and gestured me in.  “You came at a good time.  My mom’s at a bar, so we have the house to ourselves.  What did you need?”

“Um, I just needed someone to talk to, I guess, but you might have some answers for me.”

“Answers about what?”  I sat down at her kitchen table and she walked over to the pantry.  “You hungry?”

I was about to say yes, since I hadn’t eaten all day, because I was so nervous about seeing Kyle, but then I replayed the events that just happened in my mind, and decided I lost my appetite.  “No thanks.”  She got back to making some sort of food in the microwave, and I started telling the story.

“Tonight has been really crazy.”  She looked at me with interest clear in her eyes.  “Well, it all started last night.  I had this really crazy dream, and it had Kyle in it.  I told you about Kyle, right?

She nodded.  “The werewolf, right?”

“Yeah, so for some reason, at two in the morning, I sent him a message telling him to meet me at the park a few blocks over.  And so he did and he said it was him dream, not mine, and for some reason, I saw it.  And so I was getting up to leave, and he stopped me and kissed me, and so I told him I had a boyfriend, and he went insane, so I left.”

She dropped her glass of water just then and it shattered all over the floor.  “A werewolf lost control so close, and you didn’t think to tell me that first?”

“I didn’t think it was that important.”

“Well you thought wrong.  We have to get out of here, now!  Your car.  Let’s run.”

“Why?”

“If a werewolf loses control because of something that happens with his mate, there’s no telling what he’ll do.  But I don’t want to be here to find out.”

She was pulling me out the door, and we were almost to the car when I realized, “wait!  What about your neighbors?”

“They’ll be fine, don’t worry!  He’ll be drawn towards you, so the best thing you could do for them is get away from here, and not lead him to them.”

I got in the driver’s seat of my car and she got in shotgun, and I pulled out of the driveway.

“So about my dream, you have any idea why Kyle and I would be having the same dreams?”

She shook her head.  “You guys were never close enough to… you know… ‘do the nasty,’ right?”

“Right.”

“Well, unless some witch has a problem with you, and wants to get under your skin, then I don’t know.”

“Well you’re the only witch I know, right, and you don’t have a problem with me.”  That came out as more of a question, and so I saw her shake her head in the corner of my eye.  “Well that’s a relief.”

“Well, I don’t know, then.  I’d say maybe it was a coincident, but dreams aren’t coincidental things.”

“Well, then.  What now?”

I drove for an hour or so, turning where Carly told me to.  When I asked her where we were going, she simply said, “You’ll see.”  As I drove, I continued asking her questions about the dream.

“Well, is it possible for werewolves to… what’s it called?  Dream walk?”

“No.  Some vampires can, though.  But those are really rare, so the possibility is small.  Besides, vampires don’t ever bother with werewolves or humans.  They consider them to be beneath their specie.

“Okay, so probably not that.  Um, is it possible I know another witch?”

“Um, I guess it’s possible, but not really likely.  Turn right here.”

I did as told and I expected to have a while longer to drive, but she told me to turn into the first driveway I saw.  The house was average size, with yellow paneled walls and a blue-ish green-ish door and matching shutters on the windows.

“Okay, Lainey, You have to promise me that what happens here, stays here.”

I was confused.  “Did I drive all the way to Vegas or something?”

“No.  remember what I told you about circles?”

“A bunch of witches, right?”

“Yeah.  Well this is where they are.  We just have to walk through those doors, and we’ll be surrounded by information about magic, and might be able to answer your question.  But you could be here for a few hours.”

I looked at my watch.  Seven-thirty.  “Well, classes start tomorrow, so I have to be back by midnight.”

“When’s your first class?”

“Um, not until noon.”

“Okay, well we might keep you over night, then.”

Crap!  How am I going to cover this with Katie?

“Um, I’d rather get back, just because everyone thinks I’m on a date right now.”

“Oh yeah!  You have a boyfriend, don’t you?”

I smiled, maybe blushing a bit.  “Yeah.”

“Is he cute?”

“Cute, sweet, funny.  I swear, I didn’t ever believe that a guy could be so great before I met him.”

She smiled, probably thinking something along the lines of aw how cute!  Lainey’s first boyfriend!

She led me up the front porch steps and turned to face me one more time.  “Okay, I seriously can’t let you in unless you say ‘I swear to keep the secrets.’  There’s a spell.”

“Okay.  I swear to keep the secrets.”

“Okay, so you literally can’t.  The spell won’t let you.”

“Oh.  Okay.”

She opened the door and started calling out what I assumed to be names of the people in the circle.  “Rain, Jarred, Jake, Amy?  Guys?”

We waited a moment, and heard no response.  “Are you sure they’re here?  Did they know you were coming?”

She nodded.  “Yeah, they’re here.  Go sit down.  I texted them, so they know we’re here.”

I walked over to a couch and suddenly heard a female voice from the stairs say, “Don’t sit there!”

I wondered why, and realized it was rather transparent-looking.  I touched it, and when my hand went through it a few times without feeling anything, I was about ready to scream my head off.

“Hi.  Sorry if I scared you.  I’m Jules.”  She walked over to me, holding her hand out for me to shake.  I took her hand and heard other voices coming down the stairs.

“Really, Carly?  You seriously had to bring a norm here?”  The guy who was speaking now, was a tan guy with curly dark hair.  His face was really mean, and it scared me.

“What’s a-“

“A normal human.”

“Oh.”  I felt really out of place, and had a feeling I was starting a fight.

“It’s okay, Lainey.  Look, Josh, she’s not a normal norm.  She has a werewolf mate, vampire brother, and she has some sort of… thing going on with her dreams.  It’s not normal.”

“Sure.”  He turned to me.  “Why are you here?”

I was getting scared.  “Carly just brought me here, because some weird things have been happening lately with me, and…”  I trailed off and saw him scowling.

“Josh, leave her alone!”  At first, I thought that was Carly, but then I saw a tall blonde girl stepping up to him.  “What’s wrong with you, Dick-head?”

“She’s a norm, okay.  Norms aren’t supposed to be here.”

“Well she’s here, so let’s hear her out.”  She turned to me.  “Hi, I’m Amy.  So, you say weird things have been happening with your dreams?”

I was a lot less intimidated by her.  “Yeah.  You see, there’s this guy, who says he’s a werewolf, and I’m his mate, or whatever…”  I told them all about the dream, and when I went to see him.  A lot of them looked very interested, but Josh was in the back of the room scowling.  I didn’t care why he was so bitter, I really didn’t, but my mind did wander off a few times, thinking about it.

One guy stood up when I was done with my story and asked, “So you want to know why you’re having the same dreams?”

I nodded.  “Well, we should start hitting the books then.”  He opened the door in the corner of the room, which I assumed led to a basement.  Everyone started filing through the door and so I walked over to Carly, who was waiting for me.

“What’s down there?”

“Have you seen Buffy the vampire slayer?”

“Yeah, why?”

You know the library with all the books about demons and stuff?”

I nodded.  “Yeah, so?”

She didn’t have to answer though, because just then, we reached the bottom of the steps and I saw shelves against all of the walls, covered in books, and a few tables in the center of the room.

“So this,” she said.

The guy who had opened the door at the end of my story walked over and said, “Yeah, so I’m Gavin.  This whole thing was my idea.  Half of these books are spell books, but the others are all history books, and demon books, and those sorts of things.  I think we’ll start you off easy.”  He picked up a book that looked about three hundred pages and I frowned.

“This is easy?”

We spent the next few hours flipping through books, looking for something, anything.

At around eleven o’clock, Amy walked over and sat down.  “So you said werewolf boy lost control, right?”

I nodded, so she continued.

“Alright, well here’s something to protect you from him.  It’ll change your smell and how you look to him, so he can’t recognize you.  That is, if you have anything he’s touched in the last twenty-four hours.  But it has to be something we can burn.”

I frowned.  I would have volunteered my arm, but that could come in handy.  “Um, anyone have a shirt I could borrow?”

A few people looked at me, confused, so I explained.  “He touched my blouse, but I’m not taking that off and walking around shirtless.”

One of the guys, the one who wasn’t Gavin or Josh whistled.  “Why not?”

I fought a blush and scowled at him.

Another girl I hadn’t met yet stood up, tugging me up the stairs and into the nearest bathroom.  “Hey.  I’m Penny.  I have layers on, so you can take my t-shirt, and I have a tank-top underneath.”

“Thanks.”  She took off her shirt and handed it to me, pushing me into the bathroom to change.

As I started unbuttoning my top, I heard her start to talk.  “So, I just wanted to say, Josh is all bark and no bite.  Trust me, he’s not that bad.  Of course, Carly won’t give him a chance.  She hates him.  Even though, he’s obviously in love with her.”  I finished pulling on the shirt and opened the door to see her leaning on the wall.

“He might love her, but he can’t be in love with her, unless she feels the same way.  You see, at Katarina Petrova once said, ‘true love is nothing unless it is returned,’” I quoted the vampire diaries with a frown.

She frowned back at me.  “Well, it’s just too bad Carly doesn’t know what she’s missing down there.  Josh comes on a little strong, but he’s had a rough life.  With his dad and all.”

“What about his dad?”

“He found out Josh and his mom weren’t human, and went insane, trying to kill them.  He got put in an asylum for talking about witches, but he gets out a lot and keeps coming back.

“Oh.  That’s horrible.”  We opened the door that was right in front of us to see Josh himself, looking furious and hurt at the same time.

“You have a really big mouth, Penny.  You know that?”  And with that he walked past us and grabbed his jacket off the back of a chair on his way out the door.

“We should go after him, shouldn’t we?”

I started to turn, but Penny grabbed my shoulders.  “No, this happens.  He’s going for a run, and he’ll be back in a few minutes with a clear head.  Don’t worry.”

So I followed her down the stairs, and everyone started getting ready for the spell.

[A/N:  Hi!  over 4,000 reads!  you guys are amazing!  so as you can see, I've changed the cover, and am announcing Maniacal_girl as the winner for the time being, since she's the only one who entered, however, you can still send me covers, and I'll dedicate a chapter to you if i change it to yours.  also, I've decided what my next book will be about!  Excited!]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 83 38
When Daniel finds a young girl named Emily being abused outside her home in the woods, he steps in to save her. Instead of taking her to the hospital...
181K 8.2K 37
Seventeen year old Chloe is back home and this time for good. But as Chloe spends more time in Ashburn she starts to realize that something isn't qui...
217K 4.8K 15
Derek Hale x OC (First book of the series) Meet Stiles' twin sister, Riley, a girl whose whole world turns upside-down after meeting dead serious, m...
429 31 19
Leah Grace makes it to Chicago and lives with Mary Wins goes to school and also finds a secret from the past and also comes face to face with her par...